PDA

View Full Version : What system are you getting this on?

usmovers_02
05-26-2017, 06:06 PM
I'm a PC gamer and am planning on having a new computer built before the release of this game (building off of 2 1080 Ti's) but I play this franchise almost exclusively for the map editor. Now obviously the editor will probably be more powerful on PC as we'll probably be able to disable the object limits but what's most important to me here is player base. So that's why I'm asking here. What system are you getting it for? I expect PS4 is going to run away with this but if X1 beats PC substantially I'll probably go with that because I love the X1 controller.

WastedCube
05-26-2017, 06:12 PM
Ps4 unless there's an awesome Xbox1 bundle with a custom Xbox1

legacyzero
05-26-2017, 06:14 PM
PS4 Primarily, but I'll also get it on PC if the Map Editor and sharing is good. Steam Workshop, maybe?

Skelface
05-26-2017, 06:16 PM
Steam Workshop, maybe?

You mean Uplay? :rolleyes:

Fallen-Champ
05-26-2017, 06:22 PM
I could end up on all 3 platforms.

PC because it has the mods and Steve Botter / Fino . Razor will hopefully give the community some cool stuff to use, also the editor usually allows more items to be used and has some better tools.

XB1 because there are so many people I used to hang out with online back in the Instincts days.
PS4 as it's so damn easy to use and there is also a good community on that so I could end up on all 3 platforms - my wife will go nuts if I buy the game 3 times.

usmovers_02
05-26-2017, 06:26 PM
Well they do seem to release all their games on Steam. I don't think Steam Workshop would work very well for map sharing though. You need to be able to download maps just by joining a lobby.

mistados
05-26-2017, 06:27 PM
Either PS4 or Scorpio

HorTyS
05-26-2017, 07:11 PM
xbox. I don't play PC and have both consoles but prefer shooters on the xbone...

Paranoimia
05-26-2017, 09:43 PM
PS4. (Pro, if that matters.)

eccool24
05-27-2017, 01:09 AM
I'll be playingthis on my ps4 pro.

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 08:58 AM
wow i guess i'm surprised the ps4 is outnumbering the xbox so handily. Having both consoles i definitely prefer playing FPS on xbone, the controller is far superior for that type of game IMO.. 3rd person games it is kinda the other way around but not by nearly as wide a margin. haha, not hating on ps4 or tryin' to start $#!+ or anything... just my opinion.... haha

DapperHayden007
05-27-2017, 11:56 AM
I'm thinking of getting the game on every platform. The main reason being that with the editor now being confirmed by Kotaku I want to be able to see the kinds of maps from EVERY platform.. Mostly because I always feel like i'm missing out on Far Cry games with maps people are making on the platforms I don't get the game on.

Helforsite
05-27-2017, 01:30 PM
PC, because I am building a new rig for the new Assassin's Creed game anyway, the mods and most importantly I hate playing shooters on consoles, they just dont come close to my trusty mouse and keyboard!

usmovers_02
05-27-2017, 03:49 PM
If we get all the features we're asking for I'm thinking of getting two copies now, 1 for PC where I'll play the SP and make SP maps with AI (hopefully at 11520x2160 if triple screen is supported and I can build my new system in time) and one for whatever system a friend of mine decides on to make my competitive MP and co-op maps on.

Seriously Ubisoft, if you play your cards right I will happily buy two full priced copies of this game, maybe even the Steelbook Gold Edition for both just because the editor is worth that much to me even though all the junk that comes with that isn't worth anything to me.

MikeJDRW
07-26-2017, 12:53 AM
I'm a PCgamer and will get this game if it meets all of my eggpectations for the PC. I game one a high-end laptop, but don't usually connect to wi-fi when I'm gaming.

Fallen-Champ
07-26-2017, 07:59 AM
XBOX had a excellent community for making maps on 360 back in the day. I hope I meet up with some of them and have map sharing lobbies again. Also help test them. My gamer tag is "GRAW2ROBZ".

Had a go at throwing a list of mappers together from back in the day Instincts to Present, it's difficult remembering names and even harder finding out who has changed gamertag so let me know any that need adding or altering.

I also hope that a lot return for the new game.

http://battlemap.net/threads/past-present-future-far-cry-map-builders-list.2271/