PDA

View Full Version : I just pre-ordered any sign of Hurk? :)

strigoi1958
05-26-2017, 05:27 PM
20% discount for 100 uplay point... nice! thanks ubi :)

I wonder if Hurk will make an appearance in some form?

Fallen-Champ
05-26-2017, 05:53 PM
Well Hurk was in FC3, 4 and Primal - don't think he was in Blood Dragon ?
Not seen a mention of him with any of the special edition packs, I hope he is in - funny character, maybe there might be extra levels getting made as DLC for after launch - would be nice if the game gets supported longer than the last ones in the series.

WastedCube
05-26-2017, 06:08 PM
I hope he's in the game as well. Hurk's my boi, TAT BROS 4 LYFE! I enjoyed his missions a lot in FC4. My favs were the ones where we have to go to the Himalayas, so much fun.

strigoi1958
05-26-2017, 06:27 PM
TAT BROS 4 LYFE!.

Nice one :)

mistados
05-26-2017, 06:29 PM
He would fit right in considering the location and colourful cast of characters we have seen so far.

angstik
05-26-2017, 11:20 PM
Willis and Hurk both fit quite nicely here... Even Longinus would feel happy to help us in "such times of need" as he says.

I would definitly be sad not to see at least one of the two recurring ones. Both american, they need to be there in some way (even nods). Hurk would clearly give some light tone in a setting that's pretty serious and dark from what we've seen yet. Allies are serious, and the arch ennemy is crazy but not in the way Pagan or Vaas were. This one seems rather deadly. Vaas/Hoyt/others were deadly of course, but had some kind of twisted personnality. Seed, on the other hand, seems he won't be a funny guy.

Steve64b
05-26-2017, 11:42 PM
I'm sure there'll be a tombstone somewhere in someone's memory? What's a church without a graveyard? ;)

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 12:43 AM
"I went french fry you stayed potato"

hallower1980
05-27-2017, 01:15 AM
I'm not sure, but the priest might be voiced by the same actor as Longinus. He's speaking more quietly and calmly, so it's very different. But the way he ends some words sounds similar.

strigoi1958
05-27-2017, 01:45 AM
@Mistados Yes this would be the perfect place... even if it was just a cameo.

@Angstik Yes some nod to previous characters would be really nice, I forgot about Willis... "the real patriot doesn't just put his hand on his heart while holding a hot dog at the ball game" :) FC3 had some great characters, it's a shame Sam died. "BLITZKRIEG"

@steve64b now you've said that I'm going to have to check every tombstone for easter eggs now :)

@HorTyS "I went french fry you stayed potato" lol Hurk getting it all wrong :)

@Hallower1980 I'll have to listen again. I hope so. Longinus was voiced by Emerson brooks he has been in lots of games, films and TV shows. I remember him from Fallout new vegas.

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 09:00 AM
@HorTyS "I went french fry you stayed potato" lol Hurk getting it all wrong :).

Getting what wrong? :confused:

strigoi1958
05-27-2017, 10:15 AM
"I went french fry you stayed potato" is from the cut scene when we meet Hurk for the first time in FC4 and Hurk thinks he's in the royal army fighting the golden path.... until it is pointed out he's fighting the royal army... :)

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 11:00 AM
Oh right, i thought you meant he was getting it wrong specifically in the quote I mentioned... yeah, Hurk being a witless idiot is kinda his charm...

Caetryn
05-27-2017, 04:30 PM
Just pre-ordered too, and had exactly the same question, thanks OP!

LOL With his accent, Hurk not showing up in some form would be a missed opportunity.

legacyzero
05-27-2017, 04:53 PM
No more Hurk. Gimme Vaas!

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 05:36 PM
No more Hurk. Gimme Vaas!

Hurk has been established as a recurring character though and the general assumption is that Vaas is dead (and also his appearance in MT would seem out of place, if he was still alive and him dying was a hallucination of Jason Brody if he was going to be anywhere I'd imagine he would be trying to find Jason and get revenge....hey there's an idea, FC6 set in santa monica where we play as Vass tracking down Brody! [I'm joking of course])

Necronomicon999
05-27-2017, 09:05 PM
Not bad idea, also a special apparition of Hoyt Volker as a Zombie :cool:

http://i.imgur.com/EiTIBhA.png

strigoi1958
05-27-2017, 11:03 PM
Hurk has been established as a recurring character though and the general assumption is that Vaas is dead (and also his appearance in MT would seem out of place, if he was still alive and him dying was a hallucination of Jason Brody if he was going to be anywhere I'd imagine he would be trying to find Jason and get revenge....hey there's an idea, FC6 set in santa monica where we play as Vass tracking down Brody! [I'm joking of course])

Actually that would be really good... You've already suggested a plausible way that Vaas could still be alive, he is probably one of the most popular bad guys (alongside Trevor Phillips) in video games and it would be great to have him back :)

angstik
05-27-2017, 11:31 PM
Actually that would be really good... You've already suggested a plausible way that Vaas could still be alive, he is probably one of the most popular bad guys (alongside Trevor Phillips) in video games and it would be great to have him back :)

I'm sure they'll make him come back in a few games. He's basically the very reason the franchise is what it is today.

Flanker1Six
05-28-2017, 05:12 PM
Sadly; Hurk will not be with us, as he found the Chimpanzee gorilla of his dreams. They married, have three swingin' little ones now, and Hurk has medically retired from the adventure life due to an unfortunate impaling accident while cleaning his harpoon gun. :confused:

HorTyS
05-28-2017, 09:32 PM
Sadly; Hurk will not be with us, as he found the Chimpanzee gorilla of his dreams. They married, have three swingin' little ones now, and Hurk has medically retired from the adventure life due to an unfortunate impaling accident while cleaning his harpoon gun. :confused:

You should write up some fan fiction or something....