PDA

View Full Version : Reasons why shinobi NEEDS to be NERFED...

bleek7712
05-26-2017, 09:08 AM
Hello Ubisoft and the community. I've been playing For Honor since it came out and I'd like to say that this game definitely has a TON of potential. But with the lack of ANY servers (idk who thought that was a good idea) it has struggled to completely win me over like some other people I met on the game (who Fu***** worship it like it's a cult or something.)

But so far, my BIGGEST gripe with the game is Shinobi. And I've used this character a lot so I'm completely not biased at all. I believe he should be nerfed (which is what may happen) and here's a list of reasons why (A.K.A. a list of his moves that make him very overpowered once combined into a single character, ESPECIALLY when he's being used to gang up on someone:

• Slide tackle (very effective because he can sneak up on you)

• Evade kick ( he can’t be stopped while doing, even if you hit him twice or try to shove him, it AND it’s unblockable and guarantees a heavy hit if it lands. And if you don't have an assassin your dodge has to be nearly perfectly timed). Also, he can immediately follow the evade kick with another move or counter guard-break if need be (there's not repercution to spamming the move).

• Has the greatest range out of every character (Nobushi, The valkyrie or any other long range character might as well not even have that title anymore) And even if you counter his ranged moves and knock him down, he might still be out of range for you to take advantage of the counter. Also, when someone's using him to gang up on someone else he can just sit off-screen and spam his ranged attackes in they're not locked onto him, plus he doesn't appear on the radar so it's like a ghost is spamming you.

• The fastest running character (can either run your a** down like a dog or retreat effortlessly... AND he can capture a position before any other charcter)

• Very fast close combat (can spam light attacks just as well as the peacekeeper)

• Double dash (like wtf, he's the ONLY character who can do this)

• Gets health from landing hits (I know it's a feat, but still. The fact that he has the least amount of health in the game really doesn't matter when he has this feat. And this feat is also constant and will last for the remainder of the game once obtained... which is also B.S.)

• Can put you on your knees and slice your face (not really over powered, but it's a tad annoying to be left helpless while this is happening)

• Doesn’t appear on the radar

• Evade kick takes away 1/3 stamina (annoying in addition to the other reasons why it's overpowered)

• After throwing a ranged attack he can dash towards you instantly… then backflip kick you (which is unblockable) or perform any move whatsoever.

It may not be bad for one-on-one, but these moves are very problematic when you're being ganged up on. On top of that, when you compare him to other characters NO ONE else has a moveset as vast as his. NO ONE. Just look at the raider... besides for his unblockable axe-swing (which can EASILY be parried if you're experienced) what else does he really have (besides for the stun too)?? The sames goes with every character when being compared to Shinobi. Idk how you guys are going to do it, but something MUST be done. He's in a whole other league.

EothK
05-26-2017, 10:03 AM
Honestly I don't think it is already time to call for nerfs.

The 2 new classes are obviously played a lot right now, I myself only play Centurion and Shinobi since S02 started,
But that's just cause it's new and fresh and thus we see games with up to 5 or 6 Shinobi or Cents. Heck yesterday I had a match with 3 centurions + 1 shinobi VS 4 shinobis....

But this will change in time, as already more apparent yesterday when each match still had Shinobi and Cent, but only 1 or 2...

The reason why they feel OP is they break the current turtle meta. And so they feel like they are better/more usefull then other heroes.
I do feel devs should update some other heroes making them better to get through turtle meta as well.

Fun enough though some of the "lesser" classes in latest meta are quite good Shinobi/Cent killers. And as for the ghost spammer keep track of your surroundings. It's not like they are actually invisible. Just not on radar. I would give it time and I think we will soon learn to deal with them as we did with Orochi, Peacekeeper, Warlord and all other "OP characters" of the past.

slasht14
05-26-2017, 10:25 AM
Shinoobi is a gamebreaker he doesnt belong here in this game in the tittle For honor.This is not a Naruto game and i dont want to see teleporting fake ninjas......Next time release a spartan warrior with lazer eyes

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 10:59 AM
A lot of people will argue that the shinobi high fantasy style kit doesn't fit with the game. I tend to agree tbh, but I also don't find them op at all.

Lyskir
05-26-2017, 11:07 AM
Shinoobi is a gamebreaker he doesnt belong here in this game in the tittle For honor.This is not a Naruto game and i dont want to see teleporting fake ninjas......Next time release a spartan warrior with lazer eyes

i kinda agree but, i think he is gonna be balanced when the kick is getting a nerf in some way...i hope at least^^

kanuzira
05-26-2017, 11:08 AM
His kick needs nerfing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGUsK0zi9V4&feature=youtu.be

Lyskir
05-26-2017, 11:11 AM
His kick needs nerfing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGUsK0zi9V4&feature=youtu.be

Looks very frustrating

XxHunterHxX
05-26-2017, 11:30 AM
ohh look another guy that cant doge !

SerArthur-Dayne
05-26-2017, 11:34 AM
I think he needs a buff. My K/D with him (Im now rep 8) is half that of what my K/d is with my other mains, warden & PK. deflect is total garbage, and all his moves/ mixups rely on the enemy actually failing to CGB/ Parry and dodge. Shinobi may dictate the pace of the fight, but it all rests upon your enemies total inability to counter at the same speeds. Some of the toughest players that were close to my skill level that I always used to beat just stomp me as shinobi. Probably gonna go back to warden untill/ If deflect becomes usefull and the backflip gets some I frames.

vgrimr_J
05-26-2017, 11:48 AM
only thing that is needed is to add longer recovery after kick miss

Lyskir
05-26-2017, 12:07 PM

agree

Arkhos1988
05-26-2017, 12:08 PM
How many of the no part have season pass and plays the shinobi?

bleek7712
05-26-2017, 12:32 PM
My main issue is the evade kick. It's ridiculous at times

Devil_Sparda
05-26-2017, 12:50 PM
Honestly I don't think it is already time to call for nerfs.

The 2 new classes are obviously played a lot right now, I myself only play Centurion and Shinobi since S02 started,
But that's just cause it's new and fresh and thus we see games with up to 5 or 6 Shinobi or Cents. Heck yesterday I had a match with 3 centurions + 1 shinobi VS 4 shinobis....

But this will change in time, as already more apparent yesterday when each match still had Shinobi and Cent, but only 1 or 2...

The reason why they feel OP is they break the current turtle meta. And so they feel like they are better/more usefull then other heroes.
I do feel devs should update some other heroes making them better to get through turtle meta as well.

Fun enough though some of the "lesser" classes in latest meta are quite good Shinobi/Cent killers. And as for the ghost spammer keep track of your surroundings. It's not like they are actually invisible. Just not on radar. I would give it time and I think we will soon learn to deal with them as we did with Orochi, Peacekeeper, Warlord and all other "OP characters" of the past.

well.. imo, is not so op.. i'll explain why later. But the problem does exist: the kick has too many tools.. too many for one skill, and can t be punished if misses. U can t bg him, you can t stop him
i know, for some fanboys shouldn t exist a hero like this, but i can t see any problem. It s cool, nice moveset, very fun to play, and i bet with some adjustments, even to play against. It s a ninja, in the imagine of people, he s like this. Don t understand why shouldn t fit the game. People are strange.

But, stop **** talking. The problem is that he won t discourage the turtle meta. At the countrary. He s incentive it. Because he can every time, avoid your attacks using his side dodge kick. So, the only think you can do, is try a parry and take him down. I did 4 games with him and managed to kill 1v1 most of other heroes, just thank to the kick. Are you close to the cliff?? just kick and if you missed, counter their bg. Someone is attacking you?? break the tempo with kicks.. I can t understand why is not clear. Thus, communities still looking for a solution " after had dodged the kick".. but if you have dodged it, you have already countered it. So the problem is: how can i hit him if he just kick spam?? but even if he is not spamming the kick, he can always dodge whole your skillset.

right bow it s not fun playing against, not even fair.
Ofc in this forum there are the gods of for honor, that with a sentence like"mad cuz bad" or "git gud bro" will fix every problem, but i have a new for you guys: everyone has payed for the game, and if 90% of people are complaining, maybe it s your point of view that is wrong, or at least, doesn t get the points

KaidzenMonada
05-26-2017, 12:59 PM
Shinobi and Centurion are new heroes, with their new unique moves and combos. The problem is not that they are OP, but rather that the players need time in order to be accustomed to new heroes and their combos. We know all the tricks of the old (12) heroes, so we just need time to come up with the counters to these new heroes and it need time and a lot of practice. That's all.

slasht14
05-26-2017, 01:02 PM
well.
i know, for some fanboys shouldn t exist a hero like this, but i can t see any problem. It s cool, nice moveset, very fun to play, and i bet with some adjustments, even to play against. It s a ninja, in the imagine of people, he s like this. Don t understand why shouldn t fit the game. People are strange.

Spider-man is also in imagine of people and hes like a spider-man......I dont udenstand why shouldnt fit in the game too! Right?So lets add him Go ubisoft....Stop smoking weed it damages your brains

Ontari
05-26-2017, 01:24 PM
Lol....

You didn't complain about PK taken out of Assassins Creed game. You didn't complain about Shugoki, almost mythical half-demon that eats people and kills them with his belly...

So why complaining about some stereotypical ninja? It is as stereotyped as its gets, as one guy said, it is a most common representation of the ninja + they made him with exotic weapon which kusarigama is and connected it with legendary Scorpion move to give hail to Mortal Kombat series.

What the heck is your problem? So the Roman Army oficer which is not known to be a gladiator or actual centurion, with feat Phalanx instead of Testudo is fine for ya?
Aren't you so mad at shinobi because he kicks your arse and you can't do nothing to him? :D

Illyrian_King
05-26-2017, 01:31 PM
The Shinobi is fine, but the Centurion with his wall-fetish really isn't!

Dude_of_Valor
05-26-2017, 01:40 PM
The only tactic I find to work in a 1v1 is to use obstacles to give myself cover and try to draw him in. Now I am not saying I don't mind using this tactic but it's all I have against someone that can kick me into submission, and keep distance superbly without breaking a sweat.

Yes he is squishy, but that I find only helps when he is out of stamina/makes a big mistake. Right now I feel the class is out of balance with the rest of the group, and some minor tweaks should be implemented in order readdress this. Major nerf's should be a no, but tweaks to get the right balance then yes. Such as if you parry his ranged attack, it gives you enough time to land a single light (with the slowest of characters) but not enough for a heavy.

The kick should not take away 1/3 of someones stamina. Perhaps it would be better to have it so the stamina drain varies depending on the class the Shinobi is up against.

SenBotsu893
05-26-2017, 02:35 PM
im getting tired of debunking salty posts like this...

a character with so little HP would need a more viable movelist to be considerd OP. because the things you mention are either not correct or things that already exist with vanilla cahracters.

slide tackle consumes half the shinobis stamina bar and dont even guarantees a heavy. Conquerors running bash on the other hand does....

• Evade kick ( he can’t be stopped while doing, even if you hit him twice or try to shove him, it AND it’s unblockable and guarantees a heavy hit if it lands. And if you don't have an assassin your dodge has to be nearly perfectly timed). Also, he can immediately follow the evade kick with another move or counter guard-break if need be (there's not repercution to spamming the move).

have you ever interrupted a LB shove? or have you ever punished a Warlord Headbutt? also there are enough posts already about how to dodge and punish the kick.
seriously you can even simply gb him before the kick can start because the start up requires him to do 2 dodge inputs...

• Has the greatest range out of every character (Nobushi, The valkyrie or any other long range character might as well not even have that title anymore) And even if you counter his ranged moves and knock him down, he might still be out of range for you to take advantage of the counter. Also, when someone's using him to gang up on someone else he can just sit off-screen and spam his ranged attackes in they're not locked onto him, plus he doesn't appear on the radar so it's like a ghost is spamming you.

his ranged attacks needs to charge... cant you tell? That should be a big indicator for you. also easy to parry/cgb. The ranged attacks are his most punishable moves he has.
and his normal attacks cant compete with the nobushi, kensei, valk range.

• The fastest running character (can either run your a** down like a dog or retreat effortlessly... AND he can capture a position before any other charcter)

the speed difference towards other assasins is barely noticable. Hell a freaking lawbringer has firtually the same speed as the assasins. And even his "super sprint" does not add much to max speed. in fact it just drains stamina way to quickly.
if a shinobi catches up to you using his super sprint he wont have much stamina for follow up strikes.

• Very fast close combat (can spam light attacks just as well as the peacekeeper)

jeah and gues what he does way less damage as a peacekeeper. his average light damage output per hit is the lowest of all the characters. Check the damage Values if youdont believe me.

great! double the chance to simply gb him. if you didnt knew a gb is guaranteed if you catch a dash.

• Gets health from landing hits (I know it's a feat, but still. The fact that he has the least amount of health in the game really doesn't matter when he has this feat. And this feat is also constant and will last for the remainder of the game once obtained... which is also B.S.)

conqeror gets health from blocking. Berserker gets 75% damage incrise and 50% defence. knights get a 1 hit kill catapult. warlord can auto revive. dude there are so many feats that seem unreasanable strong this is a topic for a thread of its own.

• Can put you on your knees and slice your face (not really over powered, but it's a tad annoying to be left helpless while this is happening)

Lawbringer can pancake flip you for a free heavy. Conqeror can push you to the ground as well as Valk with her shield ram. Shugoki can bearhug you.
And probably the king of disabling is at the moment the Centurion since his stun and stagger game is so strong.

This is nothing new Peacekeeper has the same feat.

• Evade kick takes away 1/3 stamina (annoying in addition to the other reasons why it's overpowered)

exaggeration... best stamina drain is probably centurion at the moment. probably followed by raider who has 60 stamina drain on the full charge as well as stamina damge on the pommelstrike and the throws.

• After throwing a ranged attack he can dash towards you instantly… then backflip kick you (which is unblockable) or perform any move whatsoever.

this can be dodged again. furthermore if the backfip connects it wont guearantee any follow up

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 02:45 PM
Love when these threads backfire lol

They make the poll thinking EVERYONE is gonna agree with them, but in the end its split down the middle :D

Ulnias
05-26-2017, 03:12 PM
Hello Ubisoft and the community. I've been playing For Honor since it came out and I'd like to say that this game definitely has a TON of potential. But with the lack of ANY servers (idk who thought that was a good idea) it has struggled to completely win me over like some other people I met on the game (who Fu***** worship it like it's a cult or something.)

But so far, my BIGGEST gripe with the game is Shinobi. And I've used this character a lot so I'm completely not biased at all. I believe he should be nerfed (which is what may happen) and here's a list of reasons why (A.K.A. a list of his moves that make him very overpowered once combined into a single character, ESPECIALLY when he's being used to gang up on someone:

It may not be bad for one-on-one, but these moves are very problematic when you're being ganged up on. On top of that, when you compare him to other characters NO ONE else has a moveset as vast as his. NO ONE. Just look at the raider... besides for his unblockable axe-swing (which can EASILY be parried if you're experienced) what else does he really have (besides for the stun too)?? The sames goes with every character when being compared to Shinobi. Idk how you guys are going to do it, but something MUST be done. He's in a whole other league.

1) My only issue with the slide tackle is, that no matter what it knocks you out of the air no matter what. So yeah thats an issue. Otherwise, non issue.

2) the repercussion is the stamina drain, if shinobi's lose stamina, better hope they can get away. otherwise (liek with my cent) im gonna pound you into the ground. Also, called an evade kick... supposed to be able to evade xD I still need more practice with him to see this one from your point though I admit.

3) maybe they gave him range cause of the helathpool... maybe. the out of range from cgb his ranged gb is new. it used to drag him straight to the char no matter what. think it was changed to 2.5m? only doesn't appear on radar if that feat is unlocked... if i am correct on that aspect.

4) lighter char respectively. I expect the shinobi to run faster than the heavily armored lawbringer, or the raider or the warden...seriously. But also the stam run..the capturing aspect... why is that an issue. doesn't mean they have a perma leg up in the match.

5) I've seen a lot of chars with fast light atks. also... he is an assassin class, so I would assume him to have faster light atks.

6) yeah this can be annoying. but again, low *** health pool, if a shinobu screws up agaisnt the right person, they are screwed...

7) I actually like this mechanic. but people are starting to learn it and be able to counter it in whateer way works for them. as for the legth of the feat. it is a passive, jsut like wardens health from def. jsut turtle up and voila xD

8) why is this even here. its a throw move. as annoying as it is. meh.

9) he has a passive for that to happen though if I am not mistaken? means he has to unlock it. as far as the radar goes. I rarely look at it anyway xD

10) assuming it lands though right. xD which it prob will on me lol

11) except that if they are throwing a ranged atk. i am assuming from the max distance where they can still land the atk.. then if you get hit by them... then you are slow. and obviously didn't see them coming. I mean really.... i dont see many shinobi's doing a ranged atk from very close in order to do the dash to backflip... thats jsut me in my experiences though.

He has a good amount fo moves yes. but then again you gotta be able to get in and pull them off right... remember, low health pool, and he's not as untouchable as peole are claiming. Iwhen I am in a match with one and i am fighting them. I try to jsut rush them because they end up retreating and cornering themselves, then well imma beat that *** unless they are good with the shinobi. then it goes either way lol

Temjinyuy
05-26-2017, 04:30 PM

This right here.

Free GB like other character in the game

kweassa1917
05-26-2017, 04:40 PM
...and get rid of light-light guaranteed 2nd hit...

:rolleyes: ..for ALL classes that have those, because I hate that sort of mechanics.

But since this is a preference thing, doesn't really matter if it's not rid of.

WFL_M4sT3R_
05-26-2017, 04:48 PM

I play shinobi and its fun to play it, still when i take look at stats its not even close to my other heroes, i have a lot of deaths with it, simply because its 2 hit dead hero. I mean if you take mobility and moves it will be obsolete, and pointless to play. Same you can make a novel here but when it comes to nerf/buff thing it all depends what magic charts and numbers show how hero perform after some time, not a single nerf/buff is without reason. So if it will be nerfed great, if not great again, game will keep going and thats it. And i truly believe that we are making the bear out of fly here and overreacting with that nerf/buff things....

Cheers!

Y_Shrewditch
05-26-2017, 07:37 PM
have you ever interrupted a LB shove? or have you ever punished a Warlord Headbutt? also there are enough posts already about how to dodge and punish the kick.
seriously you can even simply gb him before the kick can start because the start up requires him to do 2 dodge inputs...

You can dodge these and get a guaranteed punish, not so by dodging Shinobi's kick. That requires either that the Shinobi didn't plan to gb your dodge, you can parry his heavy (easy) or his light follow-up (hard), or try to land your own attack as he dodges to safety.

The guardbreak before the kick only works when the Shinobi is in range when he initiates the kick, but the d-dodge and kick have so much range, they can easily initiate it well ouf of range, so most do.

Lawbringer can pancake flip you for a free heavy. Conqeror can push you to the ground as well as Valk with her shield ram. Shugoki can bearhug you.
And probably the king of disabling is at the moment the Centurion since his stun and stagger game is so strong.

Again, a missed flip is immediately punishable, the Conq has to run up to you and a miss is punishable, the Valk needs to sit back and let it stew for a few seconds, making it even easier to dodge and the whiff is punishable. Shugoki's hug is only guaranteed when he put you up against the wall, and it hurts him if he whiffs it, and it is punishable.

I'm not making a case to nerf Shinobi to the ground, I like the character actually, but you actually somewhat are, by detailing how his kick is uniquely unpunishable.

m6k3
05-26-2017, 07:43 PM
jesus just lern the move patern of shinobi and centurion. If you know what he can do and how to aviod that you can win.

I personaly cried on begining of seson 2 about op cent and shinobi but now when i play it, i know the patterns and how to aviod it i consider them only a little little op in some sytuation.

BeefOfTheEast
05-26-2017, 07:54 PM
It's posts like this that make calls for nerfs look bad.

Shinobi has 2 major problems and that's it.

The first problem is the kick. It's absurd. The dodge timing is really strict, it's insanely fast, he gets hyper armor, an anti punish escape option on whiff, and a free heavy

The second is that he is the best turtle in the game by far, and was also released shortly after the devs say they are looking in to the turtle meta. He has the tools to engage you at his pace, and there is nothing you can do about it. He can simply slip away by the time you get close and then wait for you to screw up and punish

WFL_M4sT3R_
05-26-2017, 08:39 PM
jesus just lern the move patern of shinobi and centurion. If you know what he can do and how to aviod that you can win.

I personaly cried on begining of seson 2 about op cent and shinobi but now when i play it, i know the patterns and how to aviod it i consider them only a little little op in some sytuation.

Nope its much easier to come at forum and type for 45 mins instead going to practice room and play :)

WFL_M4sT3R_
05-26-2017, 08:46 PM
What really annoys me is that i am sure that all this people who complain about shinobi 24/7 are 100% not same people who beat the **** out of me last few rounds, still i am not complaining how low HP of shinobi is, how i am dead in 2 sec if i am cornered or catch and so on, and whining like spoiled kid, or making thread after thread screaming "UBI HELP ME!!!!", guess what nobody will help you if you don't do it by your self. Its the same ****n hero like other, some people master it faster some like me need a time, BUT GUESS WHAT, there are people who are amazing players with all other heroes!!! . Problem is this, problem is that... and its explained already how to counter, GB or dodge, FFS .So please give us all a brake....

We.the.North
05-26-2017, 09:13 PM
These kind of polls are ******ed, because everyone who's not a Shinobi main will vote in favor to nerf the Shinobi. Seeing how this polls is almost 50/50 makes me believe the Shinobi is in a good place right now.

And after reading the comments and playing him to rep 1, I would have to agree that, if anything happens to Shinobi, he deserves a slight buff actually. He has awesome tools in 1v1 yes, but his very low hp pools makes it fair. But as soon as you go into 4v4 territory, his very low hp pools makes him a not so wanted teamate to have. I'd rather have 2 centurion and a warlord for teamates.

Reaper_Sykko
05-26-2017, 09:15 PM
it needs to be nerfed , i dont care what anyone says , they all said "you just need to learn the game and how the character works to counter it" for the PK and she got nerfed like what 3 times? so nerf this ***** too , its only fair.

yeah also "oh but one heavy takes half of his health away " yeah they used the same excuse for PK too

We.the.North
05-26-2017, 09:16 PM
The second is that he is the best turtle in the game by far,

Wait what ?? Someone actually said that when a Centurion can do a Charged Heavy + Uppercut + Jump Attack after a parry ?? A Centurion that doesn't have a Reflex Guard Stance ?? A Centurion which spammable kick in revenge mode will knock people down and allow even more jump attacks ??

Oencosto
05-26-2017, 09:27 PM
Totally agree, it needs a nerf, when u side dodge his kick and is about to GB him, he GB's u instead, it's just unbeliaveble.

And why such a light/assassin character have a dash that throw u at the ground? he poke's u and run away with a faster sprint and there's nothing u can do.

Centurion in the other hand, grabs u, kick, punch, jumps, dreains your stamina(if u r not heavey, he almost kill u with one combo) - and doesn't lose not even half of his own stamina.

People that don't want Shinobi or Centurion to be nerfed, ate playing with one of them, and don't don't want to lose this advantage.

But don't even bother, they will not nerf, coz they make money out of it. Every single person that like this kind of advantage is willing to pay real money to unblock new heros.

Devil_Sparda
05-27-2017, 01:26 AM
Spider-man is also in imagine of people and hes like a spider-man......I dont udenstand why shouldnt fit in the game too! Right?So lets add him Go ubisoft....Stop smoking weed it damages your brains

You are such an idiot. U compared two things totally different. So I guess you used too much of the said weed. The ninja fits this ****ing game, because the ninja acted like this. Maybe not teleporting, but using smoke bomb, because you know.. The black powder was used in ****ing 1500, late 1400, imported from Asia, that was used way before. So, learn history, first thing
Second, what ninjas did was exactly this: fast moves, silent kills.
I m not a shinobi main.. I used 3 or 4 times. And it s cool. And I wanna see him on battlefield and playing against.
And third but not last for importance, the centurion acts like a gladiator, and if you know a little bit of history, and seems you donno what are you talking about, in both cases,is not a medieval fighter that fits in knights army, but you didn't mentione it. Because during medieval time, practically no state had a heavy trained army. And more, the legion was forgotten, because was not good anymore with new scenarios of battles, with different unwritten rules. The gladium wasn't anymore an efficient weapon. Because cavalry and archers took priority and the men at arms (professionals figures) was replaced by conscricts, farmers and villagers armed by what they had. The knights were people that could pay for a gear like armors and weapons of quality ( very expansive) as well as horses. The state didn't pay anymore for gear, and the only thing they paid for, was to buy the services of mercenaries. Look informations about the double coin. Doppio soldo if you wish. You ll learn something. Said this, Don t **** talking, because Japanese, vikings and knights had never fought one against others

Mythic MK II
05-27-2017, 01:51 AM
The Thing I have against the new characters is not based on 1v1 fights... Sure, they are pretty tough to fight, and, fif you are a slow character like LB, which happens to be my main, shinobi's kick is just unpunishable., Centurion is not THAT hard compared to Shinobi imo, but the heavy stamina drain and constant stuns, if you get hit once by him and he combo's, is annoying.

My gripe with these characters are their INSANE effectiveness in group fights (Dominion, elimination/skirmish) If you fight 2 OG characters, it is tough but doable. If you fight 1 OG and either a shinobi or centurion.... Well. Unless they are oblivious to their unblockables and follow ups, you might as well put your controller down and wait a sec to be destroyed.

Centurion, if not focussed, just has to knock you on the ground and follow up with a ground finisher and you are pretty much locked out of combat for enough time for others to destroy you with no way to defend yourself. Shinobi can do the same thing with his Peacekeeper esque 3 hit combo. They are too slow, your recovery is too slow. You should be able to recover a lot quicker from it to be able to ddo anything in such situations.

Ubi's quote: your team has failed you or you misplaced yourself on the battlefield is NOT a good excuse for these characters performance in these gametypes.

Just a little disclaimer, I have played them both extensivley in both 1v1 and 4v4 gamemodes and see their effectiveness increase massively in 4v4's compared to other characters. You WANT to have atleast 1/2 of them in your team to be successfull against an opposing team with the same amount.

BeefOfTheEast
05-27-2017, 03:20 AM
Wait what ?? Someone actually said that when a Centurion can do a Charged Heavy + Uppercut + Jump Attack after a parry ?? A Centurion that doesn't have a Reflex Guard Stance ?? A Centurion which spammable kick in revenge mode will knock people down and allow even more jump attacks ??

Turtle doesnt mean that you have good punishes. And I agree with you that centurion's parry punish is way too powerful.

Turtle means completely defensive and doesn't have to actually make any first moves until the opponent does. Doesn't have to mean blocking.

Shinobi is the best turtle because he is uncatchable if he doesnt want to be. He can keep at least 2 assassin length dodges away from you until he wants to engage and all the while baiting responses from the enemy with dodge cancels and fake engagements (like feints but even safer). He doesn't suffer from the pressure that other characters would because he will just simply be out of reach from them, and there is nothing that any opponent can do about it.

Mia.Nora
05-27-2017, 03:42 AM
Turtle doesnt mean that you have good punishes. And I agree with you that centurion's parry punish is way too powerful.

Turtle means completely defensive and doesn't have to actually make any first moves until the opponent does. Doesn't have to mean blocking.

Shinobi is the best turtle because he is uncatchable if he doesnt want to be. He can keep at least 2 assassin length dodges away from you until he wants to engage and all the while baiting responses from the enemy with dodge cancels and fake engagements (like feints but even safer). He doesn't suffer from the pressure that other characters would because he will just simply be out of reach from them, and there is nothing that any opponent can do about it.
This post and the one above practically sums up everything wrong with new characters.

It almost feels like put a MK character in Tekken. They are that different in terms of gameplay compared to original rooster, to the point they make all of old characters feel incomplete with 1/2 their kit missing, when it was just fine the way they were against each other apart from some minor balance changes. Now all that is out of the window.

KnifeInUrNeck
05-27-2017, 04:26 AM
I don't think shinobi needs a nerf, I think the original heroes need their movesets expanded. Out of all these posts I see about Shinobi or his kick, not once is it mentioned that all you have to do is trade two heavies for two kicks and he's dead. If the kick is whiffed, Shinobi pays a big stamina price and if their stamina is gone and so is his move set. I'm surprised frankly because I think I'm pretty good with Shinobi but it's still easy to get caught making a mistake and then get vaporized. Some characters match up well against the Shinobi and some don't. That seems pretty natural to me.

WFL_M4sT3R_
05-27-2017, 05:22 AM

Man, please man, just please, with all respect "Shinobi is the best turtle"??????? You are comparing other heroes who are waiting, yes they are WAITING for me to attack and can wait all eternity because when i do, no matter how i get punished. Thats your equality with shinobi who must come close to attack or if i fail from distance i am in the dust and dead? And when i say dead, its 80% sure, i mean you can make maybe 1 mistake, if you make 2 u r dead. On the other side there are heroes that you can punch for good 60 sec, and above all they have insane def abilities. Game finally decide to reward attack with some percentage, its not all about defense anymore and it looks dam nice. Please as i wrote with all respect toward you, have some common sense.

Dohospody
05-27-2017, 05:55 AM
Another cry forum. Kick do 0 damage. Another attack is blockable. Shinobi have realy small health, you can kill him to 2 hit. What is your problem ? ...doge or parry ? I call for nerf Orchi, because hard win vs him, Call for nerf Nobushi his aoe is unstopable!!! I want to be unstopable, but these character must be nerfed LOL

Antonioj26
05-27-2017, 06:06 AM
the heavy follow up is guaranteed dummie.