PDA

View Full Version : Question about leave punish

ragindrunk
05-26-2017, 12:45 AM
Often I play with a friend and sometimes during the map load when the players are faced off with each other I get kicked to an entirely different game where I'm the only human. So we just leave the game we're in so we can try to queue up in as a team again. I hope I will not be punished for doing this.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 12:53 AM
Often I play with a friend and sometimes during the map load when the players are faced off with each other I get kicked to an entirely different game where I'm the only human. So we just leave the game we're in so we can try to queue up in as a team again. I hope I will not be punished for doing this.

That sounds like a matchmaking bug. I suggest you report it to Support.

But yes you will most likely be punished because despite there not being any people in the match yet it still counts as a match and people are still going to be put in that lobby. Also your friend will be punished because he is leaving a match as well.

If the Penalty system is done right it will punish people for leaving no matter the issue. Smite, Overwatch, and R6 Siege all have similar systems in place.

ragindrunk
05-26-2017, 01:22 AM
I don't think you should penalize for a game fault. It feels like this was a shortime fix for the current network issues. It's not noticed when you are one person, but is when you are playing with an ally.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 01:27 AM
I don't think you should penalize for a game fault. It feels like this was a shortime fix for the current network issues. It's not noticed when you are one person, but is when you are playing with an ally.

In principle I agree with you, but in reality it can't be that cut and dry.

People would just say they left the match because of bugs to excuse their ragequitting and try to avoid the penalties.