PDA

View Full Version : My Idea of a REAL WAR

XyZspineZyX
09-18-2003, 12:01 PM
You log into the homepage of REAL WAR and check the board showing all today`s scheduled missions for, say, REAL WAR day July 7, 1943. On the board is an immense variety of missions in different map areas spread up and down the Russian front, but every mission is happening on the same virtual day. The strategic situation for this day corresponds to historical facts.

All missions will be flown by a mix of AI and human pilots. Hmmmmmm....there`s a nice air superiority mission starting in fifteen minutes. You`ve just got time to check the brief and have a cup of [name your poison].

At mission time, exactly, off you go to raise hell and mayhem, to kill and die, etc. NO WAITING AROUND!

After the mission, results are tabulated and posted to the homepage, the tactical and strategic pictures are adjusted and so another blood-drenched day passes.

One major difference from the virtual wars being played now is that the missions launch on time, whether there is a full roster of human pilots or not. You don`t HAVE to show up, only if it`s convenient for you. You won`t be letting your mates down if you cannot show up at a scheduled time. Missions are constantly going out during the day so you can play anytime it`s convenient for you. You might be the only human pilot in a flight, but you are immersed in a titanic, grinding struggle in which the strategic picture, aircraft and tactics are all historical and dynamic.

What do you think, aviators and techies? Is it workable? I wouldn`t freaking know, I`m just the imagination guy here. So pipe up and let`s get something REAL going.

Meanwhile, I`m signing up for Forgotten Wars, lol.

<PF>Hman

XyZspineZyX
09-18-2003, 12:01 PM
You log into the homepage of REAL WAR and check the board showing all today`s scheduled missions for, say, REAL WAR day July 7, 1943. On the board is an immense variety of missions in different map areas spread up and down the Russian front, but every mission is happening on the same virtual day. The strategic situation for this day corresponds to historical facts.

All missions will be flown by a mix of AI and human pilots. Hmmmmmm....there`s a nice air superiority mission starting in fifteen minutes. You`ve just got time to check the brief and have a cup of [name your poison].

At mission time, exactly, off you go to raise hell and mayhem, to kill and die, etc. NO WAITING AROUND!

After the mission, results are tabulated and posted to the homepage, the tactical and strategic pictures are adjusted and so another blood-drenched day passes.

One major difference from the virtual wars being played now is that the missions launch on time, whether there is a full roster of human pilots or not. You don`t HAVE to show up, only if it`s convenient for you. You won`t be letting your mates down if you cannot show up at a scheduled time. Missions are constantly going out during the day so you can play anytime it`s convenient for you. You might be the only human pilot in a flight, but you are immersed in a titanic, grinding struggle in which the strategic picture, aircraft and tactics are all historical and dynamic.

What do you think, aviators and techies? Is it workable? I wouldn`t freaking know, I`m just the imagination guy here. So pipe up and let`s get something REAL going.

Meanwhile, I`m signing up for Forgotten Wars, lol.

<PF>Hman

XyZspineZyX
09-18-2003, 12:28 PM
A cunning plan!

I'd never join a club that would have ME as a member!!.