PDA

View Full Version : Quit penalty in a game that keeps kicking you out

A4einboy
05-25-2017, 09:12 PM
REALLY!! hahahaha why would the devs even think of something like that .. most of the time we get kicked out ....devs just stop please i dont see this working out ... you say the game will know if it was connection or quiting but with how the last few patches have been going i highly doubt it

watsonclan335u
05-25-2017, 10:29 PM
REALLY!! hahahaha why would the devs even think of something like that .. most of the time we get kicked out ....devs just stop please i dont see this working out ... you say the game will know if it was connection or quiting but with how the last few patches have been going i highly doubt it

I think this is absolutely necessary to stabilize the connection issues provided they can differentiate between a legit dc and a quit. It should at least count as a loss to their record and I'd go as far to say there should also be a loss of exp points as a penalty as well. People's win record means less than nothing right now if they just quit every time they think they might lose...that's just plain weak.

SendRickPics
05-25-2017, 11:01 PM
they can differentiate between a legit dc and a quit.

Wrong, on PC there are so many methods to force a disconnect or falsify one. From throttling bandwidth, to disconnecting the router, to methods I haven't listed, to simply shutting off the computer. This last one also works on consoles.

It's easy enough to avoid ban detectors, and unless Ubisoft decides to penalize all forms of disconnect, thereby punishing "the innocent" there's no way to effectively stop rage quitting and it will only backfire and alienate an already dwindling playerbase.

OokiireteHoshii
05-25-2017, 11:10 PM
Wrong, on PC there are so many methods to force a disconnect or falsify one. From throttling bandwidth, to disconnecting the router, to methods I haven't listed, to simply shutting off the computer. This last one also works on consoles.

It's easy enough to avoid ban detectors, and unless Ubisoft decides to penalize all forms of disconnect, thereby punishing "the innocent" there's no way to effectively stop rage quitting and it will only backfire and alienate an already dwindling playerbase.
They stated already that said penalty will apply ONLY when someone manually leaves, if you get disconnected then you'll have no penalty.

watsonclan335u
05-25-2017, 11:26 PM

Nobody really cares about pc users on this tilte anyways, all I ever hear about is how the game is "dead" from that stuck up group.

SendRickPics
05-25-2017, 11:55 PM
They stated already that said penalty will apply ONLY when someone manually leaves, if you get disconnected then you'll have no penalty.

Which is why it will fail. Adding a penalty to use a ******* menu option is asinine! People will just force disconnects by any of the other methods I've described.

In the end this never solves the problem which is WHY people are quitting games rather than finishing them. It could be for anything.

The player needs to use the toilet
Real Life Calls
Food
Not enjoying the match
Not enjoying potential cheating
Not enjoying gameplay exhibited by other players
Bad match-up (teams are unfairly stacked)
Trolling
Defeatist viewpoint
Wanting to play another game

The list can go on and on, but it's safest to say that the rewards for completing a match (Victory, steel, loot, exp) do not outweigh the potential for enjoyment elsewhere by quitting the game and avoiding aggravation.