PDA

View Full Version : Sore loser in every game!!!!!!!

xATMxLILMARC
05-25-2017, 08:21 PM
Why are there soooooooooooo many rage quitters in this game. It seems like the majority of people who play this game do not know how to handle losing so they just quit. Nobody wants to fight through tough games, if they arent gonna win by a landslide they quit. I play through games where im getting my *** completely handed too me so its really annoying when i see people quit so easily. And i can tell its not disconnects because it happens when they get destroyed by a player. Think of how much stress would be relieved from these already trash p2p servers if people would just stay in the game. The devs should really have a punishment for quitters, they should work on that instead of pretending to do work on the servers because by this point we all know the only solution for that is dedicated servers but lord knows we will never see that on here lol

MasterChiefPON
05-25-2017, 08:29 PM
The devs should really have a punishment for quitters, they should work on that instead of pretending to do work on the servers because by this point we all know the only solution for that is dedicated servers but lord knows we will never see that on here lol

Relax, the quit penalty is coming next patch.

Berard_Gutler
05-25-2017, 08:29 PM
Well, cs go punishments seem fine 1st leave = 30 min, second = 2 hours, third = 24 hours and 4th = one week vacation, problem is that it shouldn't apply on people being the victims of ubisofts **** servers that get random errors

MasterChiefPON
05-25-2017, 08:31 PM
Well, cs go punishments seem fine 1st leave = 30 min, second = 2 hours, third = 24 hours and 4th = one week vacation, problem is that it shouldn't apply on people being the victims of ubisofts **** servers that get random errors

They said they can tell the difference between quitters and disconnections. No penalty for disconnecting.

xATMxLILMARC
05-25-2017, 08:43 PM

Thank god

Helnekromancer
05-25-2017, 08:46 PM
A penalty is coming but i agree, and the worst part is when they leave they have an 50% of crashing the game for everyone else. And once the team notices they are down a player, then another leaves and the % increases until everyone is dropped out the game. This is happening more and more with people using the new characters and getting punished because people already figured them out a week ago. Just play bots if you can't handle getting your butt spanked. No one wants to lose progress on orders because little Shinobi over here didn't like the fact that his "ingenious strategy" of spamming <dash> <dash> <kick> wasn't working

DrExtrem
05-25-2017, 08:55 PM

I really do t want to defend rage quitters.

But there is a reason people quit ... and its often the toxic playstyle of their opponent or the really bad matchmaking.

The penalty will only make mire players not play the game or play vs. bots. That's all.

SendRickPics
05-25-2017, 09:03 PM

That's ****in' ridiculous. There should be no penalty for quitting. With how terrible matchmaking is and the already terrible state of "balance" (or lack thereof), and less focus on individual skill over group gang-banging mentality, one should not have a gun held to their head to finish a game that they are not enjoying.

If I don't like you, if I think you play like a ******bag, I shouldn't have to play with you if I don't want to. If I see your name, or for any reason at my discretion, I should be able to quit at any time, as should anyone else.

Furthermore, there's already penalties in place for quitting, you don't get experience, or steel, or loot for quitting, making your time spent fruitless, and you force yourself through the long matchmaking process in the hopes of finding another game.

Also to conclude, there's no such thing as a "fix" for this. One way or another people will quit out, whether that means unplugging their router, their system, shutting their system off, or going to main menu and closing the app. There's no way that Ubisoft can implement a penalty other than through using the "quit match" feature, which is there TO BE USED. One should not be penalized for using a menu option!

J-HovTheKnolls
05-25-2017, 09:03 PM
They can tell the difference? Not sure there won't be a problem with that cause i get a bunch of DC's not sure if it is the RQers or just being kicked but if i get those penalties due to that i will be kinda angry, i have RQ'd a few times only when i know i am being cheated by a user of some crap advantage he has on his system cause i am not gonna let some jerk just pound on me cause they have an advantage against me that is not skill i.e. a player who has one move and is unblockable when i know what is coming yet they just can't be beat, straight BS and will RQ against it everytime.

SendRickPics
05-25-2017, 09:05 PM
They said they can tell the difference between quitters and disconnections. No penalty for disconnecting.

Which means I just have to emulate a disconnect. Turn off the system entirely and reboot it, or close the app, or unplug my router. Meaning the only thing Ubisoft can tell is whether or not someone used a "quit" button in their menu system, WHICH IS THERE TO BE USED.

MasterChiefPON
05-25-2017, 09:15 PM
Which means I just have to emulate a disconnect. Turn off the system entirely and reboot it, or close the app, or unplug my router. Meaning the only thing Ubisoft can tell is whether or not someone used a "quit" button in their menu system, WHICH IS THERE TO BE USED.

Well, they said they can recognize if you quit from the in-game menu, if you use alt+f4 on PC, if you close the app or task from task manager or if you force the game to do it so I don't know how far the system goes but it won't be as easy to avoid the in game option, at least you have to disconnect your router every time.

A4einboy
05-25-2017, 09:17 PM
Hahaha im not quiting after 10 min and even if i lose i still get xp and coins... Guys this game is not compitive at all stop quiting and get your xp and coins

DrExtrem
05-25-2017, 09:17 PM
I imagine people getting a penalty, because someone in their match had an actual disconnect.

If it works like the rest of the game, multiplayer will get fun.

J-HovTheKnolls
05-25-2017, 09:21 PM
If they can tell the difference of a player who gets DC from a player who closes app, constantly quits to world map or cause their game to DC when they are doing bad they should get a loss, KDA and steel penalties, but not sure all that is possible and am sure time off penalties will have an unintended effect to players who just get DC.

SendRickPics
05-25-2017, 09:40 PM
Well, they said they can recognize if you quit from the in-game menu, if you use alt+f4 on PC, if you close the app or task from task manager or if you force the game to do it so I don't know how far the system goes but it won't be as easy to avoid the in game option, at least you have to disconnect your router every time.

As I stated, there's always a way around it. Hell one can throttle their bandwidth until it crashes the game, which would make it look like a legit disconnect. It's far easier on computer to get away with this stuff than it is on console.

Point still stands, there's no way that they can do this without unintentionally affecting "innocent" bystanders who just got screwed by a poorly coded game.

It's far better to leave it alone and just let quitters quit. Quitters don't get steel or exp, they don't get loot, they don't get anything.

MasterChiefPON
05-25-2017, 10:00 PM
I know many people quit because they felt cheated, abused by other things players do, they quit because they feel something is unbalanced. I know you are not in favor of the penalty and you've said you quit because thinks like that but dude there's a **** ton of people who will quit just to preserve their stats, to harm the other players just for losing even in fair fight, they will quit just making you disconnect and that's a serious problem. Some claim that if we had servers that won't be a problem but we don't have them and probably never will, so for a lot of us quitting is a problem so there will be always mixed opinions about that and I know when someone tells you that the majority wants the penalty you disagree but I really think the majority wants it and needs it. Instead of letting everybody mess with others connections we should try to balance the game to avoid people to feel cheated but that's such a relative feeling and not everyone will be satisfied, but what can I say, we have to try to understand everyone's point of view instead of fighting against each other.

AcheesyTURTLE
05-25-2017, 10:22 PM
The only people who complain about rage quitters are the people who play like scumbags. You use your specific characters "spam" moves against people who are not too adept at countering it, and then get mad that you basically get a free win against bots. Either that or teams that have taken up "gank squad" mentality since the revenge tweak and roam the map to just 4v1/4v2 the other team to death, I'm not complaining about this one in particular as it is a viable tactic but I've just stopped playing dominion altogether to avoid it. Now there are marginal percents people legitimately rage quitting due to a skill difference, but in my opinion it's usually one of the formerly addressed reasons.

Tl;dr people are gonna rage quit. Inputting any sort of penalty on that would sorely dissolve even more of the dwindling player base.

Moondyne_MC
05-25-2017, 10:28 PM

I certainly hope so, because I've copped the timeout penalty several times from disconnects. Rather frustrating.

bmason1000
05-25-2017, 10:35 PM
I certainly hope so, because I've copped the timeout penalty several times from disconnects. Rather frustrating.
I took about a 10+ year break from video games and im basically new to online gaming. Is the temp ban how a lot of games do it, and is catching it from disconnects a common error in those games?

RatedChaotic
05-25-2017, 10:36 PM
They should just have a few pints and play vs bots...Its what I do...... lol. A lvl 2 or 3 bot is murder when your intoxicated.

bmason1000
05-25-2017, 11:24 PM
They should just have a few pints and play vs bots...Its what I do...... lol. A lvl 2 or 3 bot is murder when your intoxicated.

Valid

KalkPost
05-25-2017, 11:28 PM
I quit when UBI throws me into a game after 2nd round is already over.
Where is the point to continue a match, 2 rounds behind, that was mostly populated by lousy bots before you joined?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 12:43 AM
That's ****in' ridiculous. There should be no penalty for quitting. With how terrible matchmaking is and the already terrible state of "balance" (or lack thereof), and less focus on individual skill over group gang-banging mentality, one should not have a gun held to their head to finish a game that they are not enjoying.

Your personal enjoyment does not take precedent over the stability of the lobby or the fun of your teammates. I once thought exactly like you did until people showed me how petty I was and convinced me that I was being a selfish tool by not caring if I leave teammates behind or if I crash the lobby. By leaving mid match over a temper tantrum you are running the risk of crashing the lobby at the worst and at best you are forcing your teammates to play with a bot which makes it essentially a 3v4 situation.

You are being selfish in that situation and therefore you deserve to be punished.

If I don't like you, if I think you play like a ******bag, I shouldn't have to play with you if I don't want to. If I see your name, or for any reason at my discretion, I should be able to quit at any time, as should anyone else.

If you don't wanna run the risk of bad teammates I suggest you find a group of like minded people that way you can have a pre-made group that doesn't have to worry about that problem.

Furthermore, there's already penalties in place for quitting, you don't get experience, or steel, or loot for quitting, making your time spent fruitless, and you force yourself through the long matchmaking process in the hopes of finding another game.

Those "Penalties" aren't actually penalties because steel, XP, and loot are Minimal AT BEST for a single match. Also those "penalties" clearly aren't enough of a deterrent because we STILL have a major issue with ragequitters.

Which is why we need more severe penalties.

Also to conclude, there's no such thing as a "fix" for this. One way or another people will quit out, whether that means unplugging their router, their system, shutting their system off, or going to main menu and closing the app. There's no way that Ubisoft can implement a penalty other than through using the "quit match" feature, which is there TO BE USED. One should not be penalized for using a menu option!

They can and they will whether you like it or not. Other games like Smite, R6 Siege and Overwatch all have ragequitting penalty systems in place that work fantastically.

I get that you think that since you bought the game you have some kind of magical right to play it however you want, but just like in any other game or place you have to obey the rules that are set in place by the Owners of said game or establishment. You don't have to like the rules and you have every right to protest the rules, but you WILL be forced to obey them regardless of how you feel about them.

Thats the way the world works.

kweassa1917
05-26-2017, 12:47 AM
Why are there soooooooooooo many rage quitters in this game. It seems like the majority of people who play this game do not know how to handle losing so they just quit. Nobody wants to fight through tough games, if they arent gonna win by a landslide they quit. I play through games where im getting my *** completely handed too me so its really annoying when i see people quit so easily. And i can tell its not disconnects because it happens when they get destroyed by a player. Think of how much stress would be relieved from these already trash p2p servers if people would just stay in the game. The devs should really have a punishment for quitters, they should work on that instead of pretending to do work on the servers because by this point we all know the only solution for that is dedicated servers but lord knows we will never see that on here lol

Welcome to the internet.

AcheesyTURTLE
05-26-2017, 02:06 AM
I get that you think that since you bought the game you have some kind of magical right to play it however you want, but just like in any other game or place you have to obey the rules that are set in place by the Owners of said game or establishment. You don't have to like the rules and you have every right to protest the rules, but you WILL be forced to obey them regardless of how you feel about them.

Thats the way the world works.

Isn't this a tad hypocritical? You're saying that people who quit should have to abide by the rule set in place by the creators regardless of how they feel, but yet you're complaining about the fact that the creators purposely put the "quit game" option in the menu. I'm not following your logic here.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 02:09 AM
Isn't this a tad hypocritical? You're saying that people who quit should have to abide by the rule set in place by the creators regardless of how they feel, but yet you're complaining about the fact that the creators purposely put the "quit game" option in the menu. I'm not following your logic here.

You are free to quit. Go for it. Nobody is saying that you literally CANNOT leave the game.

Just be ready to accept the consequences when you do :)

AcheesyTURTLE
05-26-2017, 02:12 AM
You are free to quit. Go for it. Nobody is saying that you literally CANNOT leave the game.

Just be ready to accept the consequences when you do :)
What consequences?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 02:16 AM
What consequences?

The ragequitting penalties that they are implementing next patch?

AcheesyTURTLE
05-26-2017, 02:19 AM
The ragequitting penalties that they are implementing next patch?

Source? I don't watch dev streams.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 02:21 AM
Source? I don't watch dev streams.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1675920-again-ragequitters?p=12668070&viewfull=1#post12668070

AcheesyTURTLE
05-26-2017, 02:22 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1675920-again-ragequitters?p=12668070&viewfull=1#post12668070

Thanks, but no actual confirmation on what exactly the penalty is?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 02:23 AM
Thanks, but no actual confirmation on what exactly the penalty is?

That would be because they haven't told us yet.

I said ragers will need to accept the consequences. I never claimed to know what the consequences would be.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 02:49 AM
Eh, I'm on the fence with this.

On the one hand quitting does ruin the experience for the rest of your team and can crash the game.

On the other, there is so much cheesey bs and the matchmaking is so terrible that many games aren't fun from the get go, in which case I think you're justified in leaving. The crashing is also 100% the fault of Ubisoft, you can't blame the leaver.

So yeah, I can understand the intent of the penalty, but at the same time I can understand why many people quit.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 02:58 AM
Eh, I'm on the fence with this.

On the one hand quitting does ruin the experience for the rest of your team and can crash the game.

On the other, there is so much cheesey bs and the matchmaking is so terrible that many games aren't fun from the get go, in which case I think you're justified in leaving. The crashing is also 100% the fault of Ubisoft, you can't blame the leaver.

So yeah, I can understand the intent of the penalty, but at the same time I can understand why many people quit.

I used to have the exact same mindset, but after seeing just how badly the ragequittinng affects the team you leave behind I just couldn't condone it any more. Its also not just for stability sake. By leaving after the halfway mark you are condemning your team to having a bot on their team because at that point matchmaking won't replace the bot unless it makes a mistake. You are essentially forcing the people who stayed behind into a 3v4 situation, because in crunch time a BOT will always get destroyed.

The penalties NEED to be implemented. Its not gonna be fullproof. Some people with throw hissy fits over it, but its needed to bring a more cohesive environment for the game and its community.

darksavior1977
05-26-2017, 03:00 AM

People being like this is why I hope Ubisoft Montreal takes nerf posts with a dash of salt. These people cannot be trusted to have the best interest of the health of the game at heart, when the bulk of them just can't deal with losing in a video game and are pissing and moaning.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 03:10 AM
I used to have the exact same mindset, but after seeing just how badly the ragequittinng affects the team you leave behind I just couldn't condone it any more. Its also not just for stability sake. By leaving after the halfway mark you are condemning your team to having a bot on their team because at that point matchmaking won't replace the bot unless it makes a mistake. You are essentially forcing the people who stayed behind into a 3v4 situation, because in crunch time a BOT will always get destroyed.

The penalties NEED to be implemented. Its not gonna be fullproof. Some people with throw hissy fits over it, but its needed to bring a more cohesive environment for the game and its community.

If it was ranked I would agree with you 100%. You join a ranked game and you should devote your time to that match. But, as an example, last night I was having a few games of dominion and twice in a row I was put against a 4 man premade as a solo queuer of all centurions with 144 gear. So I simply quit. Even if we had won in the end it was never going to be a fun match. At least a couple of times a week my For Honor session ends when I get placed in a match that I know will be a **** experience, so I just say "**** it" and log out. Now if that's a 30min ban every time it won't affect me at all, but if that starts stacking to where I'm getting banned for days or longer then it'll likely kill the game for me and, I'd wager, many others.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 03:14 AM
If it was ranked I would agree with you 100%. You join a ranked game and you should devote your time to that match. But, as an example, last night I was having a few games of dominion and twice in a row I was put against a 4 man premade as a solo queuer of all centurions with 144 gear. So I simply quit. Even if we had won in the end it was never going to be a fun match. At least a couple of times a week my For Honor session ends when I get placed in a match that I know will be a **** experience, so I just say "**** it" and log out. Now if that's a 30min ban every time it won't affect me at all, but if that starts stacking to where I'm getting banned for days or longer then it'll likely kill the game for me and, I'd wager, many others.

We will just have to agree to disagree.

I like the system that Smite and Overwatch has in place. You get punished for leaving no matter the situation ranked or not. By leaving past the halfway point you are condemning your team to a bot teammate that won't be replaced which essentially makes the game a 3v4 situation.

And as I already stated in the other thread there is also the fact that kids ragequitting games affects the stability of the lobby for some people.

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 03:29 AM
We will just have to agree to disagree.

I like the system that Smite and Overwatch has in place. You get punished for leaving no matter the situation ranked or not. By leaving past the halfway point you are condemning your team to a bot teammate that won't be replaced which essentially makes the game a 3v4 situation.

And as I already stated in the other thread there is also the fact that kids ragequitting games affects the stability of the lobby for some people.

"condemning a team" I've seen bots outplay most players that leave! This is a non-issue, and a non-argument!

You can't blame people quitting for poor stability, that's also a non-argument, that's all on Ubisoft.

Everything you say is, "You're wrong, I'm right because I feel this way!" It's impossible to have a reasoned debate with you.

You fabricate statistics, that "90% of all stability issues are due to quitting" and you have no data to support it! No charts, no numbers, nothing. Just a claim!

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 03:35 AM
"condemning a team" I've seen bots outplay most players that leave! This is a non-issue, and a non-argument!

You can't seriously be trying to say having a BOT instead of a person doesn't put that team at a disadvantage. Even you aren't that dense.

You can't blame people quitting for poor stability, that's also a non-argument, that's all on Ubisoft.

Yes you can. Especially when most of the stability issues stem from people leaving games. The Devs and the countless testimonies from people making rage threads about how their lobbies keep crashing or they keep getting dropped due to kids leaving games.

Everything you say is, "You're wrong, I'm right because I feel this way!" It's impossible to have a reasoned debate with you.

Coming from you that is downright hilarious lol

You fabricate statistics, that "90% of all stability issues are due to quitting" and you have no data to support it! No charts, no numbers, nothing. Just a claim!

60% 70% whatever percentage you want it to be. The Devs and the community experiences shows that most of the time a lobby crashes or people get dropped its because another player left.

Its not up for debate when both the Community and the Devs both are saying the same thing. You can disagree on the severity of the issue, but the issue is very real and its there.

Which is why the penalties WILL be implemented.

radi0wantcandy
05-26-2017, 03:36 AM
so when I'm in a 2v2 brawl with my buddy and the connection issues drop him... I'm penalized for accepting his invite to get out of a 2v1?

I mean, he's kinda trash so I'm normally fighting 2v1's anyway but a penalty for quitting in that situation doesn't seem right.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 03:44 AM
so when I'm in a 2v2 brawl with my buddy and the connection issues drop him... I'm penalized for accepting his invite to get out of a 2v1?

I mean, he's kinda trash so I'm normally fighting 2v1's anyway but a penalty for quitting in that situation doesn't seem right.

A good point. Yes, if your group mate drops you will be forced to finish your match with an annoying bot, and he will be forced to sit there doing nothing until you're done. Fun!

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 03:46 AM
A good point. Yes, if your group mate drops you will be forced to finish your match with an annoying bot, and he will be forced to sit there doing nothing until you're done. Fun!

Good thing Brawl matches don't last long then. :)

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 03:47 AM
Man Coyote is just a poster child for confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance isn't he?

radi0wantcandy
05-26-2017, 03:48 AM

despite this post dripping in sarcasm, i want to point out that the length of the match is irrelevant when you get dropped because this fighting game engine was built on lime wire

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 03:48 AM
Man Coyote is just a poster child for confirmation bias and cognitive dissonance isn't he?

I must have missed your post where you explained how I am wrong in what I said.

Oh wait......You didn't......:)

despite this post dripping in sarcasm, i want to point out that the length of the match is irrelevant when you get dropped because this fighting game engine was built on lime wire

Not being sarcastic at all. Brawl matches don't take long so the whole "waiting and doing nothing" argument is a bit weak.

Getting dropped sucks, but I would rather the penalties be applied to all ragequitters and inadvertently inconvenience some people some of the time than have no penalties whatsoever.

radi0wantcandy
05-26-2017, 03:53 AM
rather than blanketing every quit, you can implement a mechanic that doesn't penalize anyone in a match type that 'join in progress' is off by default by not penalizing someone for leaving when someone has already left intentionally or has been disconnected.

Egotistic_Ez
05-26-2017, 04:04 AM

Yes because no one is history has ever duo queued for dominion.

SendRickPics
05-26-2017, 04:10 AM
I must have missed your post where you explained how I am wrong in what I said.

Oh wait......You didn't......:)

There would be no point to even trying, as you'd not listen to a damn word I say and simply dismiss it as nonsense just because you can't understand it.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-26-2017, 04:16 AM
There would be no point to even trying, as you'd not listen to a damn word I say

You mean like you are doing to me right now? lol