PDA

View Full Version : Beserker Tweak

BearKaji
05-25-2017, 01:19 PM
i love this guy how he plays his mix ups feints im rep 6 with him.

what i would love to see is a way for us to open people up.
right now we cant play him aggresive cause every Bers player knows your gonna get light parried.
we have to sit and wait for the opponant to do something than react to it.

we are like a turtle assassin/counter attacker.

what i think would give him that little nodge to become a really solid character is give him a elbow unblockable.

the way this works is when you dodge light in any direction and block or hit gives you a unblockable elbow to the side of the enemies head that stuns.
that way you can more easily get a hit or two in and get a better mix op with cancling your heavy into a dodge to do the elbow again.

i dont know if this will make him OP AF but its a though that i had.

let me know what you guys think.

PDXGorechild
05-25-2017, 03:54 PM
Yeah, it's been mentioned a lot already. Berserker does really need a way to open up opponents, and an unblockable would be ideal. I suggested making head crusher unblockable as it's currently pretty redundant and is telegraphed enough to allow opponents to dodge it.

BearKaji
05-25-2017, 04:29 PM
Yeah, it's been mentioned a lot already. Berserker does really need a way to open up opponents, and an unblockable would be ideal. I suggested making head crusher unblockable as it's currently pretty redundant and is telegraphed enough to allow opponents to dodge it.

its so slow though and very situational im think more of a added skill that you can mix in a combo like fashion

Tundra 793
05-26-2017, 05:16 AM
If the Berserker was to be given an Unblockable move, which I am in favor of, I'd much prefer it to be a whole new and separate move. Something specifically to counter the Turtle Meta and Heavy classes.

BearKaji
05-26-2017, 12:04 PM
If the Berserker was to be given an Unblockable move, which I am in favor of, I'd much prefer it to be a whole new and separate move. Something specifically to counter the Turtle Meta and Heavy classes.

i hear ya bro we need it

Butonfly
05-29-2017, 04:41 AM
Also make the unblockable chargeable so the timing is non-standardised, make it track two thirds the distance of every map, drains 3/4 a bar worth of stamina, knocks down, and combo's into guaranteed 90 damage.

There, that's about the norm for these things these days! : D

XxzVoidzxX
05-30-2017, 07:38 PM
I do agree that he could use some sort of new unblockable move, i also have to disagree that there is no way to open up a turtle. Ill try to type out my example to the best of my ability without being able to actually demonstrate it.

You're fighting lets say a warlord who is just doing nothing but defending. What I usually do is I back off him a little bit, i throw down a side heavy (knowing its going to come up short and miss) then follow up with a top heavy closer to the target. Faint that attack into a side light attack. (if its not blocked, throw in another heavy and faint that into a GB) Follow that GB with another side heavy and keep mixing up your faint game. something like SH miss, TH feint, SL, SH feint, SL, SH feint, GB, SH. Then back off and rinse and repeat in different orders to throw them off. Doing this sort of thing doesnt really give your opponent much of an opportunity to parry your lights or anything like that unless they have some real good reaction time, which you will come across of course.

IF anyone is on PS4 and would like a demonstration feel free to add me XxzVoidzxX

S0Mi_xD
05-31-2017, 03:46 AM
I do agree that Berserker needs a look, but i do not agree that the Berserker necessarily needs an unblockable.
At first we need a blanace in the defensive meta. After that we could see if ever char still needs an unblockable.

Also i think, that the stamina dmg on the forward throw is really cheap in compare to all other Stamina dmg attacks...

Tundra 793
05-31-2017, 04:55 AM
Somi's right, we probably should wait until the big turtle meta patch arrives, and see if it makes a difference.

But I fear, rather justifiably, that all us 'Zerker mains are just gonna have to remain a low tier class until that patch arrives, and then hopefully become nothing more than a mid tier class.

I don't get the feeling there's a lot of hope for our class, since the root of our problems and plights in game stem from a very, very mediocre kit. And I don't think the devs would ever consider altering the basic kits of any of the classes.

S0Mi_xD
05-31-2017, 06:43 AM
Somi's right, we probably should wait until the big turtle meta patch arrives, and see if it makes a difference.

But I fear, rather justifiably, that all us 'Zerker mains are just gonna have to remain a low tier class until that patch arrives, and then hopefully become nothing more than a mid tier class.

I don't get the feeling there's a lot of hope for our class, since the root of our problems and plights in game stem from a very, very mediocre kit. And I don't think the devs would ever consider altering the basic kits of any of the classes.

I know how you feel, from the bottom of my heart.

And aswell, i think the Devs won't consider big changes in the Basic kit, thats why i made my Suggestions on Adjustments for Berserker aroud his exicting toolkit (and things that exiceted befor).

My main suggestion is, that we should be able to cancel basic AND combos/chains with our dodge, they already did the same thing to Raider.
They enabled his Heavy soft faint into pummel strike on all heavies not only his Basic have, and now raiders are possible of some sick mix ups.
Raiders buff is the perfect example, for the success on my suggestion.

And for Berserk this small change would expand his mix ups possibilities to the double of the current amount or even more.

I don't mind being a medicore char, because in my opinion medicore chars are good balanced chars.

S0Mi_xD
05-31-2017, 07:12 AM
Also if i succeed in intimidating my opponent with the mix ups of my aggressive berserker it always feels like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-ABIIZV3vA

PDXGorechild
06-02-2017, 01:41 PM
I know how you feel, from the bottom of my heart.

And aswell, i think the Devs won't consider big changes in the Basic kit, thats why i made my Suggestions on Adjustments for Berserker aroud his exicting toolkit (and things that exiceted befor).

My main suggestion is, that we should be able to cancel basic AND combos/chains with our dodge, they already did the same thing to Raider.
They enabled his Heavy soft faint into pummel strike on all heavies not only his Basic have, and now raiders are possible of some sick mix ups.
Raiders buff is the perfect example, for the success on my suggestion.

And for Berserk this small change would expand his mix ups possibilities to the double of the current amount or even more.

I don't mind being a medicore char, because in my opinion medicore chars are good balanced chars.

This is actually a really good idea. I think giving more room for mix up's is the way to go as it will keep the class complex and allow for plenty of flare for those with the skill. Part of the reason I love playing Berserker so much is that there aren't many of us about and even fewer that are actually any good. I'd like to keep it this way.

This being said, I would like an unblockable and I think Skull crusher is the way to go. :p

S0Mi_xD
06-02-2017, 02:16 PM
This is actually a really good idea. I think giving more room for mix up's is the way to go as it will keep the class complex and allow for plenty of flare for those with the skill. Part of the reason I love playing Berserker so much is that there aren't many of us about and even fewer that are actually any good. I'd like to keep it this way.

This being said, I would like an unblockable and I think Skull crusher is the way to go. :p

I considered this long ago :D
But skull crusher as an uncancelabel unblockable would be in the current state.. pretty useless.

If the defensive meta finally changes and with it parry will be (hopefully) limited, then yes, headcrusher would be a choice.

But currently, if a unblockable would come, i would consider top heavy combo finisher or a new move as an unblockable.
(i personlly don't need one, i can already open up people to a certain degree, it's a question of the right kind of aggressive gameplay - it isn't easy but thats the challenge and the fun playing berserker for me :) )
:p

Lorgurdar
06-02-2017, 10:40 PM
guys just give up on them tweaking Zerker it will never happen

bmason1000
06-04-2017, 06:07 AM
I do agree that he could use some sort of new unblockable move, i also have to disagree that there is no way to open up a turtle. Ill try to type out my example to the best of my ability without being able to actually demonstrate it.

You're fighting lets say a warlord who is just doing nothing but defending. What I usually do is I back off him a little bit, i throw down a side heavy (knowing its going to come up short and miss) then follow up with a top heavy closer to the target. Faint that attack into a side light attack. (if its not blocked, throw in another heavy and faint that into a GB) Follow that GB with another side heavy and keep mixing up your faint game. something like SH miss, TH feint, SL, SH feint, SL, SH feint, GB, SH. Then back off and rinse and repeat in different orders to throw them off. Doing this sort of thing doesnt really give your opponent much of an opportunity to parry your lights or anything like that unless they have some real good reaction time, which you will come across of course.

IF anyone is on PS4 and would like a demonstration feel free to add me XxzVoidzxX

I just hit rep 30 yesterday and that is EXACTLY how i do it. You can't fool all the people all the time, but it is verrry often.

There's a definite and sudden skill cap on berserker until your feint game is seriously, seriously on point. I hit that cap verrrry hard until i learned that lesson and since then my k/d and win ratio have been non stop climbing.

I'm personally opposed to giving berserker an unblockable unless it had some tricky play element/combo to access it, no way he could just have an off the bat from neutral unblockable. If it were and accrual useful attack it would be too powerful when combined with his kit, and if it's not actually a good attack then its only good for feint/parry bait and his top heavy is already perfect for that.

As far as a finisher, instead of an opener...i think it would have to be hit no.4 like the old UI status AND the third heavy in the heavy chain, so you'd have to chain in to that first. It would make the heavy chain more useful because it doesn't get seen much currently, but not so much thats its effectively the ONLY chain. This gives berserker the unblockable that people think they need, but gives it risk and difficulty that i personally think matches the reward... because the damage on that attack is ridiculous.

I'm sure there's better ideas out there, but that's mine. Again, i don't think they need any unblockables, new openers, tweaking of annny sort. Berserker is seriously on point and exactly where i they should be in my opinion.