PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Feats are game breaking

Duuklah
05-25-2017, 02:13 AM
So I just went 4v4 vs 4 centurions in Dominion..

We were crushing their souls. I was 9-1 the rest of my team had a huge kill advantage on them. We had them breaking 5 times..

They used their OP feats to comeback. Its like we couldnt do anything. They stacked shield after shield and catapult after catapult and their CHEESE spam kicks HURT!!!

As games move on Centurions, Which are already OP(dont try please), become EVEN MORE POWERFUL!!!

This is enough to make me pull out my hair and scream for the 100000000 time NEEEERRRRRFFFFF!!!!!

CoyoteXStarrk
05-25-2017, 02:31 AM
1) The shields you get from Phalanx aren't that big. Its mostly just an emergency cushion to allow you to trade a bit more easily or to be able to survive long enough to get away.

2) Catapult is extraordinarily easy to dodge. Not only do you get a gigantic circle on the ground letting you know where its gonna hit, but you even get a loud as hell horn blast letting you know its coming.

3) If you truly had their team breaking 5 times and they still won that speaks to your teams horrendous teamwork and poor planning on your part.

4) Kills mean exactly jack squat in Dominion since its an objective based game mode. The only thing that matters is points.

5) UbiNoty and UbiJurassic have already stated multiple times that the Devs plan is to wait for the community to adjust to the new heroes before they start using data to tweak them so they can avoid any snap decisions and break the new heroes.

6) If you wanna be taken more serious I would suggest making your post a little more coherent and make it sound a bit less salty. Because the only thing that I am taking away from your post is that your team choked and allowed another team to make a comeback against you and now you are here on the forums stamping your feet about it.

razabak10mm
05-25-2017, 02:42 AM
You got an answer for everything don't you there coyote.

If YOU want to be taken more seriously you should try for once in your life to see things from a players perspective and not blindly defend Ubi.

Egotistic_Ez
05-25-2017, 03:29 AM
1) The shields you get from Phalanx aren't that big. Its mostly just an emergency cushion to allow you to trade a bit more easily or to be able to survive long enough to get away..

Isn't it a full hp bar?

2) Catapult is extraordinarily easy to dodge. Not only do you get a gigantic circle on the ground letting you know where its gonna hit, but you even get a loud as hell horn blast letting you know its coming.

If you're not in combat, yes. If it's a 2v2 close together (or some other number) it's very easy for a third party to get multiple kills from a cat. Now I'm not saying it's op or not, but don't pretend like it's always easy to dodge.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-25-2017, 03:47 AM

If YOU want to be taken more seriously you should try for once in your life to see things from a players perspective and not blindly defend Ubi.

By all means explain how I am wrong on any of those points.

I'll wait. :)

razabak10mm
05-25-2017, 04:16 AM
By all means explain how I am wrong on any of those points.

I'll wait. :)

Ego did it for me apparently.

Antonioj26
05-25-2017, 04:20 AM
Phalanx is easily the best it negates all other level 4 feats.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-25-2017, 04:31 AM
Isn't it a full hp bar?

Yeah it COVERS the whole health bar, but I am pretty sure it doesn't give you double health.

If you're not in combat, yes. If it's a 2v2 close together (or some other number) it's very easy for a third party to get multiple kills from a cat. Now I'm not saying it's op or not, but don't pretend like it's always easy to dodge.

Unless you are hit with CC, in the middle of an attack or on the ground its not hard to roll out.

Not saying its easy ALL THE TIME, but I am saying its easy to dodge 80% of the time.

kweassa1917
05-25-2017, 04:49 AM

He sees from a normal players perspective, not bad and whiney players, so he's right on this one.

Bjron_Ironside
05-25-2017, 05:17 AM
OP really complaining that their team choked? He was so bold to say "we were crushing their souls with our huge skill advantage" till the tides turned on him. And because it did, he comes on to the forum and cries about it. Awww, aren't you the fruitiest cupcake ever. How do people like you make it in life with the mentality of a b@tch?

Titanodragon
05-25-2017, 06:35 AM
That 4th shield feat is a bit op. It gives full team shield if they are alive anywhere on the map. I think it should be within a certain radius

Adananthony
05-25-2017, 07:02 AM
I've never encountered any other player in the whole game except for Coyote that immediately accused me of cheating to rep 30, left our game to harass me, and then report me on first glance of my character in the loading screen without any knowledge of who I am.
I should also add his report was a waste of time and ubi did their research into my account to find 100% legitimacy.
So a "normal player" is not a description I'd use, wheras a bad whiney one is much more appropriate from my experience.

Onto the actual post; I've landed countless catapults to save and/or end games and it depends on the person using it. I'll say 95% of the time I rack an easy kill or 3 when using it as it's impossible to get out of it when centered on you while being poked or CC'd. I'd challenge anyone to escape from my catapult, it's free kills.
The shield lasts way too long and should only apply to those within a certain distance of the Cent, but rarely has it been the deciding factor in a win or loss as it only feels like 3-4 more hits.

Bjron_Ironside
05-25-2017, 07:05 AM
I agree, I feel the shield should cast to people around him.

vgrimr_J
05-25-2017, 08:31 AM
Centurions heymaker is bugged atm it gives you extra damage when you hit someone to a wall with it

JibletHunter
05-25-2017, 03:27 PM
Just ignore Stark, as he seems pretty toxic. Look at his post history, how much time he spends on here, and how he treats people who disagree with him. all he does is defend Cent roughly twenty times /day. In 2))+ posts (sad) he has never once admitted he was wrong, even on matters of opinion.

Seriously, scroll through his posts and see how he treats his fellow players on a regular basis.

Randy_Kamikaze
05-25-2017, 04:29 PM
I don't think it gives a full healthbar. It covers the full healthbar but the segments are a lot bigger than the actual Centurions lifebar meaning it is way less health. Generally, even as a Shinobi get the shield down with two heavies. That's definitely not a full healthbar.

I DO agree that it should be a range thing though. Anyone fighting nearby should get it. But really, across the entire map IS a bit OP. It should cover a good area, somewhere between a whole hardpoint and stopping short before a second. Like if we take High Fort, if you fight at the dangling Fort it should go to the stairs that lead up to the Front. But not much beyond that.

SenBotsu893
05-25-2017, 04:41 PM
The Phalanx gives 100 Shield to every alive teammate. yes strong indeed but i dont know if op. it depends on the cooldowntime.
As for the Catapult well thats the advantage every Knight Faction Character has. Its by far the best lvl 4 Aoe Skill.
Its way faster than Arrowstorm for the samurai and has a better targeting area.
Its also way better than the Vickings Fire Flask since you can dodge out of it even after the initial impact and at least survive.
The Catapult is in most cases a 1 hit kill button.

The_B0G_
05-25-2017, 04:52 PM
The fourth feat should really have an AoE, getting a boost from a guy on the other side of the map is pretty lame, every other feat that gives a buff to teammates has to be close.

Blasto95
05-25-2017, 05:04 PM
Centurions heymaker is bugged atm it gives you extra damage when you hit someone to a wall with it

It says Punches, Kicks, and Throws deal damage. Unless from striking someone with your weapon into a wall does extra damage, THROWING someone into a wall will do extra damage as intended.

And the shield is very slightly OP at least a strong feat. I wouldnt care if they nerfed or left it alone. I dont think its game breaking, just a little silly that you can get free shields from across the entire map. Personally I think a very large radius, something like the size of a capture zone in Dominon or even larger would be more fair. At least then there's some thought process to the feat and not "oh no were breaking, here's full shields"

I think we need some clarification on how much the Shield actually gives you in comparison to health. While it likely does not double your HP, I think its still a very generous amount. Id say at least 50health possibly more. That would add up to at least 1/3 extra HP or more for all heroes

J-HovTheKnolls
05-25-2017, 07:19 PM
If you are gonna complain about the shield feat you should also complain about the sharpen blade feat which is the most powerful feat in the game and love how players emote spam you when they kill you with it, absolutely weaker then when they emote spam you in a 4v1 fight. Also every hero is OP if you are a bad player and they will cry every time about it till they get what they want and even then they will still cry i.e. the Warlord they still cry about him, all those who cry about nerf or buff just want those heroes to be at a disadvantage cause it is not their hero. I just hope the Devs don't do anything drastic to the Centurion cause for me he doesn't feel OP compared to the other strong heroes, good players still kill me it's not like i just wreak everyone and my KDA is lower then my Warlords although am at Rep 4 and my Warlord is a Rep 8 so will have to wait and see if it is after i get to same Rep and i moved on to Shug after the patch that changed the Warlord although the reason was i was bored with the Warlord and not the patch believe me or not. Rep 46 and not one hero a double digit Rep. If anything needs a nerf it is that BS Nobushi ZA cause that is almost all they do get RM and ZA spam they worst thing ever.

M.Sword.Y.Face
05-25-2017, 07:50 PM
How the fk do they get level 4 feat when you are crushing them all game long. Stop this BS.

Duuklah
05-25-2017, 08:14 PM

Took the words right out of my mouth.

He doesnt stop to think or listen about what anyone else says. His opinions are 100% correct 100% of the time.

Its called being a pissant.

Duuklah
05-25-2017, 08:23 PM
OP really complaining that their team choked? He was so bold to say "we were crushing their souls with our huge skill advantage" till the tides turned on him. And because it did, he comes on to the forum and cries about it. Awww, aren't you the fruitiest cupcake ever. How do people like you make it in life with the mentality of a b@tch?

I stayed in a game vs 4 Centurions til the very end. Im solo 100% of the time so we were full pug. I was 9-2 when tides started to turn. We had em on the verge of deafeat in rapid succession.

They started to snowball. This inst an irregular thing.

What was irregular was how severe the snowball was given that my team already had their rank 4 feats. It was one of the fastest and most brutal snowballs ive seen. It like once they all got the shield it boosted them and then they all got catapult.

I dodge like 50% of catapults... I dunno it seems like they get thrown when im deep in a fight...

i encourage you to check my stats. Im no noob

Duuklah
05-25-2017, 08:25 PM
How the fk do they get level 4 feat when you are crushing them all game long. Stop this BS.

You got the hows in the post above.

vgrimr_J
05-26-2017, 11:52 AM
It says Punches, Kicks, and Throws deal damage. Unless from striking someone with your weapon into a wall does extra damage, THROWING someone into a wall will do extra damage as intended.

And the shield is very slightly OP at least a strong feat. I wouldnt care if they nerfed or left it alone. I dont think its game breaking, just a little silly that you can get free shields from across the entire map. Personally I think a very large radius, something like the size of a capture zone in Dominon or even larger would be more fair. At least then there's some thought process to the feat and not "oh no were breaking, here's full shields"

I think we need some clarification on how much the Shield actually gives you in comparison to health. While it likely does not double your HP, I think its still a very generous amount. Id say at least 50health possibly more. That would add up to at least 1/3 extra HP or more for all heroes

if the stagger from ONE JAB against the wall does 60 damage to you do you think its intended ? no bugged. it should do only 10 damage not 60

Arkhos1988
05-26-2017, 12:02 PM
1) The shields you get from Phalanx aren't that big. Its mostly just an emergency cushion to allow you to trade a bit more easily or to be able to survive long enough to get away.

3) If you truly had their team breaking 5 times and they still won that speaks to your teams horrendous teamwork and poor planning on your part.

4) Kills mean exactly jack squat in Dominion since its an objective based game mode. The only thing that matters is points.

5) UbiNoty and UbiJurassic have already stated multiple times that the Devs plan is to wait for the community to adjust to the new heroes before they start using data to tweak them so they can avoid any snap decisions and break the new heroes.

6) If you wanna be taken more serious I would suggest making your post a little more coherent and make it sound a bit less salty. Because the only thing that I am taking away from your post is that your team choked and allowed another team to make a comeback against you and now you are here on the forums stamping your feet about it.

2 : Catapult is only easy to doge if you are not fighting against someone else, so bs argument
4: Snap decision would be a nerf in 1 week or so, a decent time would be 2-4 ubi usually takes more time than that and then just try small stuff and 3 weeks later if that hasn't worked they over nerf or buff others, this way balance won't be there again. This argument to not rush thing has been used since launch and the balance is still crap. so stop this ******ed bs argument
6: Everything is regarded as salty as long as it points things out that are to strong or unbalanced. Sry but thats the reaction of an imbicl with no real answer

Butonfly
05-26-2017, 12:12 PM
Good feat use can make for a clutch win.

Berserker, 1v4, dispatch a shug, cent, shinob, and warlord in 30 seconds with both teams breaking (and all my teammates dead)
https://youtu.be/A3tzYyFVza4?t=507

The game is fkd right now, but every once in a while you can put the BS in it's place with a hail mary.

Draghmar
05-26-2017, 12:47 PM

Unless you are hit with CC, in the middle of an attack or on the ground its not hard to roll out.
Ad 2, Even you are not consistent with catapult being easy do dodge. First you claim that "extraordinarily easy to dodge" and then that "not hard to roll out". Those statements aren't on the same level. And the truth is that catapult is stupid feat. I despise it. Kills on one hit and there isn't time for reaction for slower classes when fighting against someone else. Sometimes rolling out helps...but only if you roll out at the same moment circle shows up. But if you were in the middle of...anything else then idle then you're dead.

Ad 5. That's unfortunately just a smokescreen. They even admitted they new there gonna be problem with Cent in group situations. They just don't have enough data to perform any reasonable balance because they lack in exp in this field. It also seems that they don't have enough tools and telemetry to make properly analyze any situations. All they have is K/D that they can filter with level. But they have no idea what exactly happen in the fight. How much parries were used etc. That's what they meant by looking at community to see what's going on in one of the stream. Anyway - Their way of fixing things is wrong because it will cause more and more people leaving game. And I'm not saying that someone rage quit. They will just loose interest and play less until they stop playing. And it is very bad for all of us.

Charmzzz
05-26-2017, 01:01 PM
I stayed in a game vs 4 Centurions til the very end. Im solo 100% of the time so we were full pug. I was 9-2 when tides started to turn. We had em on the verge of deafeat in rapid succession.

They started to snowball. This inst an irregular thing.

What was irregular was how severe the snowball was given that my team already had their rank 4 feats. It was one of the fastest and most brutal snowballs ive seen. It like once they all got the shield it boosted them and then they all got catapult.

I dodge like 50% of catapults... I dunno it seems like they get thrown when im deep in a fight...

i encourage you to check my stats. Im no noob

You say they ALL got the Phalanx feat which boosted them, AND THEN they ALL got Catapult feat. Yeah sure, they have two level 4 feats at once. I call BS.

Anyway, Catapult is a very situational feat. It can fail completely or just kill 1 guy. Phalanx is much better in most cases as it affects everybody alive.

I, as a Knight player, prefer Sharpen Blade + Fear itself on my PK. You kill people with a ZA + Light attack. Best finishing or turnaround feat combo.

Ulnias
05-26-2017, 03:19 PM

because they still earn renown also... seriosuly... not as fat as the better team/player/ but still they unlock their feats as well...

Adananthony
05-27-2017, 12:18 AM
And don't forget they earn reknown at 2x the speed of any other character besides the shinobi who is also bugged.
If they are turtling in a zone they can have all 4 feats before you get your 2nd, even if your also boosting a zone.

b1gb4d0rc
08-20-2018, 10:02 AM

"gigantic circle"
easy to dodge
"GIGANTIC CIRCLE" - I need bigger capitals...

Arekonator
08-20-2018, 12:09 PM
Snide remark to person who no longer visits the forum was sure worth the necro of 15 months old thread.

Capoupacap
08-20-2018, 04:18 PM
centurion needs love lol....even I hate him so much :p

Arekonator
08-20-2018, 05:16 PM
m8 if you're fighting someone then one of those 3 is very likely to be happening, infact i'd say it's more likely than not.

Mate, the post is over year old and the guy doesnt go to the forums anymore.
Also, cent has been changed a bit since then.

ArmoredChocobo
08-20-2018, 09:37 PM
I like how the guy was "well Ubi doesn't balance new characters", and here we are over a year later and Cent still knocks people into OOS and ground-stabs them for missing a dodge or parry.