PDA

View Full Version : True and Real New Character First Impressions

REDBOILOUU
05-24-2017, 08:45 PM
Now.. I am a true avid player have been playing since the alpha and supporting this game and still do to an extent. I first want to say I appreciate the revolutionary game that Ubisoft has given us because I love the theme and playstyle. Every game will have its loose ends but they do what is needed to fix things up! Now down to business, for anybody who has been posting and rationalizing that these new characters are great and not much needs to be nerfed are, I am pretty sure, the same people who either have bought the characters or attained the season pass and have been ABUSING the power because they haven't been nerfed. Of course right, everybody has no problem with new characters when you get to use them and they demolish people because they're overpowered of course yes then things are smooth sailng and the posters don't have much to say because they don't want much changed.

Well let me give you the side from someone who, as I said, has played numerous hours on FH but also has been on the opposing side of these characters. For starters... Ubisoft. You all have opened a whole new can of crap with this scorpion-chain throwing grab... I joke with some fellow players about how I bet the next possible characters will come equipped with a gun in their moveset I'm guessing?? I love the theme and time frame of this game thats what makes it unique. Where in the hell did a chainthrowing ninja ever even possibly exist in this time?? Like this has to be one of THE worst ideas to come across this game, I knew once I heard the rumor that this character could do so it would be a downfall. Now to get to his play style.. so you combine a liu kane and scorpion mixup into one character in this time setting and wonder why he is OP. I've played so many of these guys (and don't get me wrong some matches I have handed out the whoopens) and those who truly know how to exploit his bull*^%! are unbeatable. Lets breakdown the OP flaws of this character, this character can not only throw a grapple/GB (shake my head) but is clearly the fastest character in the game able to dodge inhumanely fast, but also has disappearing and reappearing effects that he can abuse to get close to you and kick you with two different movements that in some sort give him free hits... Now this wouldn't be so bad if the damn kicks weren't so hard to dodge but seriously 8/10 the kicks connect because the move itself follows your characters dodge if your not precise on your dodge attempt. So that is the abusive dodge spamming, chain throwing, kick button smashing shinobi. Probably the worst of the two you ask me.

Now the centurion. As far as fitting the theme and time frame goes, love it, great implementation fits the setting. Love it. The only thing with the Centurion as I have read on other posts is the 4v4 he becomes a god... and don't let their be two of them gg for the other team. Now he may only need some nerfing and that has to do with his abused kicks and punches that cost him no freaking stamina... I say this from experience, as others have stated, yes he can be beat with faster characters and so forth but every character has their weaknesses that they have to play smarter in order to win. BUT, one thing I hate and this truly happens with the conqueror too, no one character should be able to spam an unblockable shove move that follows your character like a magnet even when trying to dodge ACROSS AN ENTIRE MAP. This is the truth, once again, for those players that are good at abusing this mechanism it is pathetic. I played a centurion and the SECOND I ran out of stamina I kid you not I could not get my stamina back and it was game over. I was at full health and he would just keep spamming his range closing moves, and when I tell you he spammed me from one side of the map till the other AND back it gets ridiculous. How is one character able to spam the same 3 moves chasing you around the board and not losing any stamina? ON top of that if you don't dodge correctly (which is hard when your out of stamina and they're spamming unblokcables) he can keep DRAINING your stamina with his moves... It doesn't even justify the character. They literally can stamina drain you and you never get it back. If you need videos I have some to post OR send of how dumb it is. It got to a point where you can't even play in the game because he has a chain of attacks that keep you stuck.

This is the truth about the new characters from somebody who plays against them constanlty and sees the BS. I know they're newly released I get that and the nerfs will obviosoly come, but please consider these suggestions (sorry for the lividness its just frustrating) as this game truly is one a kind.

sif084
05-24-2017, 10:55 PM
i wasn't sure how i felt at first, but i actually love that they tried a ranged class. opens up neat options down the road. would love a hunter class with bow. as long as you can deflect or parry, as with shin, NP to me. the only issue i have is the timing on the ranged GB, as it is inconsistent with a normal GB, and I would prefer consistency all around in this game. The window is hard to even notice for me at times, which becomes a real issue in 4v4. But once I get the timing down, I look forward to shutting those who think they can keep at a distance down. The charged ranged attack is not hard to parry, and shuts them down and gives free hits, so well worth practicing.

For ref, I play a Kensei. Got the season pass, but haven't used the new classes, not my style, and I have been more focused on learning to counter them. You are going to be seeing a ton in coming months, so get to practicing.

As for cent, he can be a monster if he catches you with the kick. Besides some of his wall splat shenanigans which will likely be fixed, you can learn to punish some of his more ugly moves. I remember when some classes felt like monsters when the game first came out. Once you know their moveset, however you learn to unwind them and tear them up. New classes wont be different.

AdeptusLupos
05-25-2017, 05:51 PM
Now.. I am a true avid player have been playing since the alpha and supporting this game and still do to an extent. I first want to say I appreciate the revolutionary game that Ubisoft has given us because I love the theme and playstyle. Every game will have its loose ends but they do what is needed to fix things up! Now down to business, for anybody who has been posting and rationalizing that these new characters are great and not much needs to be nerfed are, I am pretty sure, the same people who either have bought the characters or attained the season pass and have been ABUSING the power because they haven't been nerfed. Of course right, everybody has no problem with new characters when you get to use them and they demolish people because they're overpowered of course yes then things are smooth sailng and the posters don't have much to say because they don't want much changed.

Well let me give you the side from someone who, as I said, has played numerous hours on FH but also has been on the opposing side of these characters. For starters... Ubisoft. You all have opened a whole new can of crap with this scorpion-chain throwing grab... I joke with some fellow players about how I bet the next possible characters will come equipped with a gun in their moveset I'm guessing?? I love the theme and time frame of this game thats what makes it unique. Where in the hell did a chainthrowing ninja ever even possibly exist in this time?? Like this has to be one of THE worst ideas to come across this game, I knew once I heard the rumor that this character could do so it would be a downfall. Now to get to his play style.. so you combine a liu kane and scorpion mixup into one character in this time setting and wonder why he is OP. I've played so many of these guys (and don't get me wrong some matches I have handed out the whoopens) and those who truly know how to exploit his bull*^%! are unbeatable. Lets breakdown the OP flaws of this character, this character can not only throw a grapple/GB (shake my head) but is clearly the fastest character in the game able to dodge inhumanely fast, but also has disappearing and reappearing effects that he can abuse to get close to you and kick you with two different movements that in some sort give him free hits... Now this wouldn't be so bad if the damn kicks weren't so hard to dodge but seriously 8/10 the kicks connect because the move itself follows your characters dodge if your not precise on your dodge attempt. So that is the abusive dodge spamming, chain throwing, kick button smashing shinobi. Probably the worst of the two you ask me.

Now the centurion. As far as fitting the theme and time frame goes, love it, great implementation fits the setting. Love it. The only thing with the Centurion as I have read on other posts is the 4v4 he becomes a god... and don't let their be two of them gg for the other team. Now he may only need some nerfing and that has to do with his abused kicks and punches that cost him no freaking stamina... I say this from experience, as others have stated, yes he can be beat with faster characters and so forth but every character has their weaknesses that they have to play smarter in order to win. BUT, one thing I hate and this truly happens with the conqueror too, no one character should be able to spam an unblockable shove move that follows your character like a magnet even when trying to dodge ACROSS AN ENTIRE MAP. This is the truth, once again, for those players that are good at abusing this mechanism it is pathetic. I played a centurion and the SECOND I ran out of stamina I kid you not I could not get my stamina back and it was game over. I was at full health and he would just keep spamming his range closing moves, and when I tell you he spammed me from one side of the map till the other AND back it gets ridiculous. How is one character able to spam the same 3 moves chasing you around the board and not losing any stamina? ON top of that if you don't dodge correctly (which is hard when your out of stamina and they're spamming unblokcables) he can keep DRAINING your stamina with his moves... It doesn't even justify the character. They literally can stamina drain you and you never get it back. If you need videos I have some to post OR send of how dumb it is. It got to a point where you can't even play in the game because he has a chain of attacks that keep you stuck.

This is the truth about the new characters from somebody who plays against them constanlty and sees the BS. I know they're newly released I get that and the nerfs will obviosoly come, but please consider these suggestions (sorry for the lividness its just frustrating) as this game truly is one a kind.

1. The kasurigama was a real weapon used by ninja in real life because of its effectiveness at disarming a sword welding opponent from range and then moving in quickly for a kill with the blade. So it fits fine in this game.

2. This game has no time period that existed in the real world. Samurai, knights and Vikings all existed hundreds of years apart from each other. This game is fantasy

3. Just because the shinobi becomes invisible during his double dodge does not mean he is invulnerable. You can very much hit him during his invisibility it's only am animation. So when you see him poof...just swing your weapon and you will hit him canceling his attack before it happens.

4. Shinobi is extremely easy to kill due to...

A. Lowest hp in the game.
B. Extremely telegraphed moves
C. you can dodge all of his attacks and gas easily. Yes he attacks fast, work on your reaction time.

Point being shinobi is not op, he is new and you just need to learn how to play against him.

FootlessRhino
05-25-2017, 06:12 PM
Shinobi ranged attacks are not the problem, very easily counterable once you get the timing and it opens them for a decent punish. Kick is a bit harder to deal with, especially with slower classes. as for Centurion, if you can't dodge the kick I don't know what to tell you besides 'git gud'. even if he lands the kick he only gets a guaranteed light which does very little damage. his kick was nerfed not too long ago already and is using more stamina so he can't spam it that much. it's very linear and punishable, you just have to get used to it. his chains can be very long if you miss the counters, similar to Valk chains. learn how to interrupt the chains and you're good. He's good in situations where he outnumbers the opponent but he's also trash in situations where he's outnumbered himself. he feels very clunky and yet is very squishy. average at best in 1v1 and quite good in 4v4 because of the CC, but only when he and his goons outnumber the opponent.

SenBotsu893
05-25-2017, 06:37 PM
The kasurigama is no fantasy weapon. well using two at the same time seems a bit odd but so does using two axes at once.
Thematically he fits very well with the samurai faction.

And i cant believe there ae still people playing the OP card on shinobi...
the ranged attack/gb of the shinobi are his own downfall... like.. literally
also very low HP, insanely fast Guard decay, the damage per hit is below the vanilla heroes.
Furthermore shouldnt you been used to the speed of him if you play since alpha/beta stages of the game because he is just the same as a PK or Valk in the light attack department.

if you can dodge the centurion kick you can dodge the ninja kick. you can even simply gb him during his double doge before the kick unlike warlord, labringer etc.

RatedChaotic
05-25-2017, 06:39 PM
What do u think is coming when a shinobi backs off of you? Mostly her ranged attacks. I block it or pull them to the ground more than they are successful.