PDA

View Full Version : Dev Team Answers to Community Q&A

Ubi-Banshee
05-24-2017, 06:23 PM
https://sprcdn-assets.sprinklr.com/1261/506x253px_TW_GRW_AMA-3458c65b-90e3-4a7e-aee2-44b541ed028b-773532485.png

Ghosts, you can now check out the Dev Team answers to the community Q&A.

https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/wildlands/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-291409-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32

DarkLordDashie
05-24-2017, 07:38 PM
Well that was a massively disappointing Q&A in my opinion. Generally the whole thing felt like you guys were saying "If you want it, it isn't gonna happen." Most of the highly requested features from the community were shot down and not a part of the plan. No content from the expansions carrying over to the main game, no night vision goggles, no new spawnable vehicles, no AI customization, no news on PvP for those that care about it, etc. etc. etc.

The only thing I saw that personally made me happy, was that you guys are working on this:

- Why are the shirts so much darker than the pants? (from Delta_Assault on the forums)
Tom Isaksen: Nice catch! Basically, our detail maps have different effect on the brightness of our clothing, so in cases where different types of fabric have been used for tops and pants you get a different overall tone. We are aware of this issue and working on a fix.

Honestly...you guys should consider changing up your plans a bit and doing some of the community's top wants over time. A good number of people have already lost interest, and that's going to continue to rise a lot more if you just shoot down the top wants. You don't give the players what they want...they aren't going to play or have any interest your game. It's as simple as that really.

Quite a few of these things you guys should be perfectly capable of doing. I do respectfully ask that you reconsider and make some of these a part of your plans.

oscar19-6-81
05-24-2017, 08:08 PM
What a freakin Joke. Just about every single request from the communty is just " not part of the development plan " they still they just dont get it do they? Just keep going down this Road bu ignoring the communty and this game be dead by the end of summer...

Twigs_Dee
05-24-2017, 08:56 PM
What a freakin Joke. Just about every single request from the communty is just " not part of the development plan " they still they just dont get it do they? Just keep going down this Road bu ignoring the communty and this game be dead by the end of summer...

I wouldn't be surprised if Paris wasn't planning on working on the game beyond the Summer. So majority of the answers weren't a surprise to me.

ehaugw
05-24-2017, 09:12 PM
Why arrange this thing when you could just make an official post saying "this game has reached it's final state, we will prioritize PvP and Fallen Ghost, and after that, we will stop the development."?

Wraith606
05-24-2017, 09:19 PM
my heart hurts. someone hold me pls

SuicidesShadow
05-24-2017, 09:39 PM
my heart hurts. someone hold me pls

I feel the same way, gonna have to ask the doc to increase my Mirtazapine dosage due to this and I'm not joking, this is what you've done to me Ubisoft, I f**king love this game but now I feel like you've done to me what the ex did

Church367A
05-24-2017, 10:50 PM
Why arrange this thing when you could just make an official post saying "this game has reached it's final state, we will prioritize PvP and Fallen Ghost, and after that, we will stop the development."?
This right here sums it up perfectly, because it is clear that they do not intend to actually build upon the base game. Sickening that in the same QA they say they value feedback and yet every addition the community wanted that had the most support was shot down. Even sadder is the fact that this game which appeared to have so much potential will remain hardly more than what the Beta was on a larger scale.

ehaugw
05-24-2017, 11:03 PM
Even sadder is the fact that this game which appeared to have so much potential will remain hardly more than what the Beta was on a larger scale.

So ****ing true.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1675231-I-saw-potential-once

Sera..
05-24-2017, 11:58 PM
I can't say that I'm surprised by the Q&A responses, but the apparent lack of love for ther own game from Ubisoft is stil disappointing. As others have said here, it's the missed oportunity to help this game reach its true potential that is sad. Especially after so much work has gone into the base game to create such a fantastic open world. I was always taught that if you're going to do something, it's worth doing well.

If Ubisoft can't be bothered, then I can't be bothered to support them and spend any more money on this game. I will also seriously rethink spending any money on Ubisoft games in future. I'm done.

iiimadmaniii
05-25-2017, 06:56 AM
Yeah you guys pretty much told all of us to go F ourselves with having absolutely nothing implemented or carried over to your planning process. Way to drop a deuce.

elrichardobenef
05-25-2017, 08:22 AM
Might as well have said this since launch:
We're not going to be implementing any user requested features. Only implement SOME things that should've been there by design from Launch(such as a slider for the radio, choosing a drop off vehicle), but we left out so we can pat ourselves on the back when we finally put it in.

zoog.tangodown
05-25-2017, 09:46 AM
No surprise at all. The way it appeared to me last months is that they've reserved a limited amount of resources for some patches while the rest of the additional content has already been planned and set in stone before the actual base game was released. With absolutely no leeway or ability build in to deviate from the defined schedule.

What else can we expect from Ubi? A shame that so much more hidden potential will never see the light.

KingSpawn1979
05-25-2017, 10:40 AM
This so called Q+A is nothing but a ridiculous Advertisement Show and a Fist into the Face of every GR Fan.

V.M.R_JaRuTo
05-25-2017, 02:06 PM
This Q & A proved to me that the rest of the team has already moved to another project. But... whatever :rolleyes: I am not gonna buy Ghost Recon Wildlands anytime soon but I feel sorry for those who buy it...

You will not see me again because just like you I do not care about this franchise anymore. My patience has reached the limit.
A huge thanks to your beloved publishers who care about money only.

But It is okay I get it, it is a business afterall.
I have advice to you, focus on casual community only because it is a mission impossible for you to satisfy us hardcore Ghost Recon fans.

Farewell, Ubisoft.

DanHibikiFanXM
05-25-2017, 04:31 PM
It was just talk - no substance behind trying to communicate and interact better with the community. Good to see that all the ideas and suggestions forwarded to you guys by the ComDevs and reps was ignored. What is the point of this forum? What is the point of even trying to help?

SilentGhost_NL
05-25-2017, 09:43 PM
Will you be able to use the 6 new weapons like the knife and crossbow in the main game or in fallen ghosts only

Twigs_Dee
05-25-2017, 10:40 PM
Will you be able to use the 6 new weapons like the knife and crossbow in the main game or in fallen ghosts only

Most likely, only in Fallen Ghosts. Can't be bothered to at least do knife take downs in the main game.

xMasterJx96
05-26-2017, 12:03 AM
haha, F*** you too Ubisoft.

ChildSqueezing
05-26-2017, 04:39 AM
Well the only thing left to even attempt asking for is mod support, and let people add assets and change things to their feel instead of we made the game and have 2 dlc's out and that's all folks kind of way. I'm not buying anymore Ubisoft games since they told us "not adding anything to this base game" garbage. I have 198 hours dumped into this game and all we the players get is no no and nope sorry excuses.. Well when you the devs start going hungry because no one will buy your game, that is the reason why so don't ask. You asked me for things that I wanted changed or looked at and I gave you input on said things, but what happened? Nothing, not a thing at all.

My finals words... Game Over!

SGTR0CK117
05-26-2017, 06:15 AM
Im noticing a dev cycle similar to other ubi titles that have all had tremendous potential and been killed of by pretentious self righteous suits at Ubi

Im getting tiered of saying tis about Ubisoft games

RIP: GRW
..... or should I now just be saying

RIP: Ubisoft

A1lga
05-26-2017, 08:12 PM
Ubisoft what are you doing? I really hope you can change your mind. Ubisoft already has bad reputation within last few years and is going to only increase. Not to mention most of people aware of pre ordering your new games. Including me as well.

QuietEcho
05-27-2017, 12:58 PM
Dear Ubisoft,

What did I truly expect from you after the Division... Same business model, same lack of any effort to sustain an online mmo game with meaningful content that was not drawn up on a napkin during a lunch break. Same complete lack of care about your own game and community.

Honestly it has become abundantly clear that you should be producing offline games like CoD that feature an online mulitplayer mode. All your practices to do with development and continuing support and growth are non existant. Yet you insist on pretending to run a model of business that is an mmo. With Online connection to your server play only. Profiles, Taskforce, Network... what is the point of pretending to make it long lasting and meaningful if your content is shallow (Challenges) and you already have pulled the plug on any developement for title 3 months after launch.

Lets be honest you have found a model where you can take money off us in game sales then sell season pass, dlc's and looks items, knowing full well you have no intention to do anything for this game after launch and it won't last more than a year possibly 2 before it is a grave yard and you can switch off the servers leaving us all with nothing. Because yes entire game is server needed to play...
Rinse and Repeat.

Ubisoft you never change, you don't respect your own customers. I am tired of being disappointed by you and quite frankly ripped off. I have supported you purchased season passes, but each time I'm left holding nothing but empty promises.

This will be the last title I ever purchase from you.

Heoban
05-27-2017, 09:04 PM
60 € for the Game, 40 € for the Season pass... and the few less cool extra outfits, weapons, and other stuff you force the player to pay extra money!
I put the game through their paces, and it is still buggy and unpolished...

UBISOFT, you dethroned Electronic Arts in shadyness!

Hecate2014
05-27-2017, 10:49 PM
Lots of lame excuses and reasons. The whole Q&A basically gives me a feeling that the dev team is basically saying "no sorry, we do not want to spend time on development, and we have already got your money, so no new features".

Wanted to rant a lot but realized that it is a waste to spend more time and effort on Ubi related stuff. So should I say good luck with your rhetoric and development strategy. I was even defending this piece of junk on Steam forum. Stupid Tom Clancy's fan boy. Fan boys are not forever fan boys, keep that in mind, you just lost one. And **** you for ruining Tom Clancy's name.

ginandtonic4114
05-28-2017, 11:00 AM
Well that was a massively disappointing Q&A in my opinion. Generally the whole thing felt like you guys were saying "If you want it, it isn't gonna happen." Most of the highly requested features from the community were shot down and not a part of the plan. No content from the expansions carrying over to the main game, no night vision goggles, no new spawnable vehicles, no AI customization, no news on PvP for those that care about it, etc. etc. etc.

The only thing I saw that personally made me happy, was that you guys are working on this:

Honestly...you guys should consider changing up your plans a bit and doing some of the community's top wants over time. A good number of people have already lost interest, and that's going to continue to rise a lot more if you just shoot down the top wants. You don't give the players what they want...they aren't going to play or have any interest your game. It's as simple as that really.

Quite a few of these things you guys should be perfectly capable of doing. I do respectfully ask that you reconsider and make some of these a part of your plans.

I am going to do what I CHINGADA MADRE want!

CravenExtrez
05-28-2017, 12:06 PM
We paid this game because we have high expectation that Ghost Recon Wildlands will recover Ubisoft from the years Ubisoft starting to fall. Turns out it is just the same. I am disappointed that Ubisoft isn't adding any features. At least add customizable AI. That will make people and me personally happy. Its time for your team to NOT IGNORE every features that the community wants. People will respect you guys for it.

Old Raven NL
05-28-2017, 12:09 PM
So much potential, what a twats..

Screw You Ubisoft.. I'm done seemingly wasting my time on this forum giving you feedback while you never even had the intention to listen to it in the first place.
Great way of screwing the people who really cared about Wastelands in the beginning.. another franchise down the drain.

I cannot even begin to describe how ****ed up this feels.

Fantastic effort to just piss on everyone!

CravenExtrez
05-28-2017, 12:17 PM
Know this Ubisoft, people pre-ordered this game hoping it will be a fantastic game. Once more, listen to the community.

GiveMeTactical
05-28-2017, 04:19 PM
And... rinse and repeat until the next game is ready to be hyped... some of you will never learn and some of you won't care and pre-order the next game... UBI wins, you guys fail.

KingSpawn1979
05-28-2017, 05:17 PM
Those Ubi Monarchs win everyday that we all dont assault their HQ with Swords and Pitchforks.
Vive la Revolution!

Tusken_Raiper
05-29-2017, 02:40 PM
What doesn't annoy me is that Ubisoft engages in practices that are designed to put PR and marketing first to take your money, that I can live with. It's that I've seen the BEST premises for games come out and get wasted on Ubisoft to implement and execute poorly.

If only The Division and GR: Wildlands landed in the hands of a producer that actually was committed to a sustainable relationship with its consumers.

Ubisoft's core dev strategy is to implement a Sandbox. Include collectibles, doesn't matter what they are as long as it's busywork. Make sure it is based on what is considered an incredible premise for a game. Develop something that works with mechanics that are fairly good but isn't necessarily balanced but it runs.

Set up a dev team to fix critical stability issues and drip feed DLC with most budget going to marketing said content. Make budgetable dev hours for extra feature patches only for approval by senior leadership as core direction is not on gameplay feature polish but foreseeable features and critical stablity issues only.

It operates with a model that fabricates a good premise with the bones of a good game but then tries to market DLC off that framework in the hopes of netting yet again more sales after shamelessly plugging pre-orders while not committing to any quality content.

What the company doesn't understand is that it is spending Brand and IP Credibility for quick cash and if it doesn't invent more IPs that can sustain this strategy - it will lose even the consumers that will forget being suckered for yet the third (plus) time.

This is a trend that has emerged as a very clear culture of business - it's the new way that Ubisoft goes about creating and selling its games now and I think I can clearly state that we don't like it.

I used to hold Ubisoft in high regard. Assassins Creed, Far Cry, The Division, Watch Dogs (yuck), Splinter Cell, Rainbow 6 Vegas - all titles and series that are in my library. But this ever present new model has eroded my trust, I no longer buy expecting a certain level of quality. I've discontinued my habitual purchase of AC after 3. Never again on Watch Dogs after the scam that was the marketing gamplay vid vs reality etc etc.

You get the cash on the pre-orders and DLCs but more and more people are accepting that Ubisoft is becoming synonymous with poorer quality and revenue will fall over time. These games have succeeded in spite of Ubisoft's mantra but there's only so many times you can burn a fanbase before they switch off.

After two periods of being lead to believe core gameplay dev support was there when it clearly was never part of the plan I'm not going to invest in anything other than complete critical successes with a Ubisoft brand. Anything less I'm simply not going to buy because it will be more of this...

If you simply opened the game to modding you'd get all of the benefits of preorders, DLC and more while having the fanbase patch the rest but that won't even be an option because Ubisoft has to clutch impishly to its always online content for the sake of its DRM - even though the market has proven piracy has dropped to insignificance in the post Steam digital marketplace era.

Regardless of how you spin it, to have THAT much of the community's key issues raised and not only disregarded, but 'not being in the development plan' - it suggests you never were going to implement anything that wasn't in said pre-conceived plan. Which then means, you LIED about being open to feedback on features. Which means, everyone who had any personal investment, after making their financial investment takes that as a big middle finger.

This may sound like a salty rant but I think it's a well thought out verbalization of what long timers with Ubisoft games are thinking atm and trends that are becoming exceedingly obvious as your core development mantra. Take it as constructive criticism or delete it as irritant trolling but as an ex-Ubi fan, I'm done with believing anything that isn't already delivered, in game and released. The rest is just spin.

Confused_Hippie
05-30-2017, 10:35 PM
My guess, they heard everyone would love a real ghost recon game again, but they were still upset about not getting hired at rockstar... so they made the barebones of an awesome game. and it is an awe inspiring game, but.... what the hell.. instead of taking the time to make some real mission or even real side missions giving the guys more then 2 things to say and half the time my mate is walking about holding his ear. just another flop like no man lost in space. I wish they'd add a creator mode so the community could make it a great game.. hell they wanted to make a GTA anyways might as well give us the creator and you guys can just forget about ruining it anymore. it will be the last seasons pass I ever buy for a ubi game no matter the country..

Tusken_Raiper
05-31-2017, 03:09 AM
Let me make one thing clear these titles are in themselves good games (except for Watch Dogs - that was a bad game at release). What is absolutely irritating is that they're unnecessarily lazy in their design and worse still, their balancing of said games and fixing of gameplay issues given how incredibly doable these things are.

It just smacks of a min resource/max profit approach where getting it just over that threshold where people will buy the game is where they keep aiming for then they cut all real support short of critical issues that stop the game from booting and running.

Honestly I'd be more forgiving of a team that can't make a good game. These teams just aren't trying and I'm thinking it's the case because Ubisoft again finely measures that threshold to cut dev funding.

THAT is why I think this Q&A stinks because it evidences everything I already suspected but didn't want to believe.

John-The-Vault
05-31-2017, 08:47 AM
RIP UBI !

I short the title in the financial Market. ;)

AI BLUEFOX
05-31-2017, 06:01 PM
RIP UBI !

I short the title in the financial Market. ;)

Good luck with that, but I wouldn't start planning your retirement on it.

MechaG2
06-01-2017, 12:21 AM
What doesn't annoy me is that Ubisoft engages in practices that are designed to put PR and marketing first to take your money, that I can live with. It's that I've seen the BEST premises for games come out and get wasted on Ubisoft to implement and execute poorly.

If only The Division and GR: Wildlands landed in the hands of a producer that actually was committed to a sustainable relationship with its consumers.

Ubisoft's core dev strategy is to implement a Sandbox. Include collectibles, doesn't matter what they are as long as it's busywork. Make sure it is based on what is considered an incredible premise for a game. Develop something that works with mechanics that are fairly good but isn't necessarily balanced but it runs.

Set up a dev team to fix critical stability issues and drip feed DLC with most budget going to marketing said content. Make budgetable dev hours for extra feature patches only for approval by senior leadership as core direction is not on gameplay feature polish but foreseeable features and critical stablity issues only.

It operates with a model that fabricates a good premise with the bones of a good game but then tries to market DLC off that framework in the hopes of netting yet again more sales after shamelessly plugging pre-orders while not committing to any quality content.

What the company doesn't understand is that it is spending Brand and IP Credibility for quick cash and if it doesn't invent more IPs that can sustain this strategy - it will lose even the consumers that will forget being suckered for yet the third (plus) time.

This is a trend that has emerged as a very clear culture of business - it's the new way that Ubisoft goes about creating and selling its games now and I think I can clearly state that we don't like it.

I used to hold Ubisoft in high regard. Assassins Creed, Far Cry, The Division, Watch Dogs (yuck), Splinter Cell, Rainbow 6 Vegas - all titles and series that are in my library. But this ever present new model has eroded my trust, I no longer buy expecting a certain level of quality. I've discontinued my habitual purchase of AC after 3. Never again on Watch Dogs after the scam that was the marketing gamplay vid vs reality etc etc.

You get the cash on the pre-orders and DLCs but more and more people are accepting that Ubisoft is becoming synonymous with poorer quality and revenue will fall over time. These games have succeeded in spite of Ubisoft's mantra but there's only so many times you can burn a fanbase before they switch off.

After two periods of being lead to believe core gameplay dev support was there when it clearly was never part of the plan I'm not going to invest in anything other than complete critical successes with a Ubisoft brand. Anything less I'm simply not going to buy because it will be more of this...

If you simply opened the game to modding you'd get all of the benefits of preorders, DLC and more while having the fanbase patch the rest but that won't even be an option because Ubisoft has to clutch impishly to its always online content for the sake of its DRM - even though the market has proven piracy has dropped to insignificance in the post Steam digital marketplace era.

Regardless of how you spin it, to have THAT much of the community's key issues raised and not only disregarded, but 'not being in the development plan' - it suggests you never were going to implement anything that wasn't in said pre-conceived plan. Which then means, you LIED about being open to feedback on features. Which means, everyone who had any personal investment, after making their financial investment takes that as a big middle finger.

This may sound like a salty rant but I think it's a well thought out verbalization of what long timers with Ubisoft games are thinking atm and trends that are becoming exceedingly obvious as your core development mantra. Take it as constructive criticism or delete it as irritant trolling but as an ex-Ubi fan, I'm done with believing anything that isn't already delivered, in game and released. The rest is just spin.

Very well put, Tusken_Raiper. You hit the nail right on the head. I have to agree.

Tusken_Raiper
06-01-2017, 05:44 AM
Good luck with that, but I wouldn't start planning your retirement on it.

Especially given Wildlands is the market's top-selling game this season. It is a good game, just **** off with their 'commitment to onging support and fixes' when clearly they're pi$$ing in our pockets but I already made my points above.

TANKBUSTER1234
06-01-2017, 10:04 AM
Why are the weapons that you get in the "Fallen Ghosts DLC" not available to us in the base game? When im done with that DLC I go back to the base game and i would expect that any weapon that I aquire in the DLC should come with me and be avalable to use. When I finish a DLC im Probably not going in there again except for friends that need help other than that i see zero need to go back. So if i have friends that dont have the DLC and i want to show them what you can get or use the weapoons when im with them means i cant use them unless they play with me in the DLC? I get not having vehicles from the Narco Road in the base game but i would expect the Weapons from any DLC to be in the base game.

RHAIN07
06-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Why are the weapons that you get in the "Fallen Ghosts DLC" not available to us in the base game? When im done with that DLC I go back to the base game and i would expect that any weapon that I aquire in the DLC should come with me and be avalable to use. When I finish a DLC im Probably not going in there again except for friends that need help other than that i see zero need to go back. So if i have friends that dont have the DLC and i want to show them what you can get or use the weapoons when im with them means i cant use them unless they play with me in the DLC? I get not having vehicles from the Narco Road in the base game but i would expect the Weapons from any DLC to be in the base game.

There is no viable reason for them not to allow new Fallen Ghost weapons to be used in the main game. They currently allow DLC weapons from the online store to be used in Fallen Ghost.

There are many things from Fallen Ghost that should have been tied to the base game once the main story was complete. Specifically, the new rebel activities side missions and adding of the mercs as a new enemy.

RHAIN07
06-01-2017, 01:48 PM
"Eric Couzian: We are not planning to add more missions to the main game. Moreover, there are technical constraints linked to the structure of our open world that prevent us from adding random game changers. Our next Live Season Challenges will however allow us to put more conditions to the missions."

"Technical constraints" Can you please elaborate? Currently, resource convoy instances in the world are randomised every time you fast travel to a new location.

TANKBUSTER1234
06-01-2017, 09:57 PM
There is no viable reason for them not to allow new Fallen Ghost weapons to be used in the main game. They currently allow DLC weapons from the online store to be used in Fallen Ghost.

There are many things from Fallen Ghost that should have been tied to the base game once the main story was complete. Specifically, the new rebel activities side missions and adding of the mercs as a new enemy.

I can understand that adding missions to the base world has some constraints but adding the weapons should not be a big problem. I would expect most people to get the DLC for 3 things 1 for more story, 2 for more general content like missions, and 3 for the new weapons. All of it should add substance to the main game and help its longevity but when you add DLC that doesn't add to the base game at all and each are separate it becomes something that is pretty much a waist of money for the season pass. It only satisfsy one part of the DLC and that's adding to the story. It makes you make a new character which I think is stupid and this further makes the DLC almost a different version of the game that doesn't build upon or strengthen the base game in any way, games that does this well is some of their other titles "TCR6 Siege" or "Assassins Creed" DLC adds upon the story and adds weapons and clothes or characters to the base game. this helps keep it fresh and allows players to use new sets of gear in new ways and helps players find sets that better meets there certain play stile. The fact that just showing of the weapons and clothes that you get in the DLC is an incentive for players to want to get the DLC or buy the season pass and the fact that there not doing that makes me wonder what Ubisoft France does all day.

LANCERZzZz
06-01-2017, 10:07 PM

This. I really wonder why Siege is getting years and years of support, while games such as The Division and Wildlands are more or less cash grabs against co-op players.

RHAIN07
06-02-2017, 01:12 AM
This. I really wonder why Siege is getting years and years of support, while games such as The Division and Wildlands are more or less cash grabs against co-op players.

Exactly. R6 is the proper model.

Maps & Modes = Everyone
Character Packs = Paid DLC and/or extremely high in game currency cost.

Other developers from different genres are starting to now use a similar model.

DICE - Battlefront 2 (projected)
Respawn - TitIanfall 2
NetheRealms- Injustice 2

GRW would have and perfect type of game, to do the same.

If this new trend continues, watch what happens to pubs/devs that continue with the old fractured DLC model. Gamers are going to stop buying their games.