PDA

View Full Version : Valkyr VS Centurion, the disable heroes ....read

matt89connor
05-24-2017, 09:47 AM
How many times have you read of people complaining about the mighty Viking girl?and now you see the same of the Roman brawler? XD
Now, she and he, both are capable of disabling the opponent, but with what differences:
1) valk do much less damage
2) she doesn't reduce stamina
3) he has slow attacks than she
4) She has a greater range of action.
5) She need some shot to disable with the sweep
6) He needs a shot or a kick to start the series
Now I ask you the question: the Cent was created with the intent of facing the "meta turtle" effectively, but the valk is extremely skillful too, why exaggerating is so much with disabling centurion attacks?

DrinkinMyStella
05-24-2017, 10:08 AM
im a rep 9 valk, most of her moves are reactable now and punishable if missed, she only has the shield tackle/bash and sweep which are not really viable anymore. He has lots of unblockables and his tracking is far greater, he can chain an unblockable into knock down jab then into a heavy pounce attack. valk only has her light attacks into heavy with sheild bash and even that doesn't do much dmg. big difference between the two.

matt89connor
05-24-2017, 10:39 AM
im a rep 9 valk, most of her moves are reactable now and punishable if missed, she only has the shield tackle/bash and sweep which are not really viable anymore. He has lots of unblockables and his tracking is far greater, he can chain an unblockable into knock down jab then into a heavy pounce attack. valk only has her light attacks into heavy with sheild bash and even that doesn't do much dmg. big difference between the two.

yes there's a big difference but they have both the special abilities to disable , that's why i put this thread, why give the cent so mouch when the valk style was very good for this kind of fight?

Lord_Nirgal
05-24-2017, 10:53 AM
because valk isn't really viable as a hero against good players.

ubi is trying to introduce new heroes to fix problems they have in the gameplay, that's ofc not "wise". Instead of creating heroes to fight the defensive meta they should improve general mechanics.
anyway i've tried a bit the centurion and at least in 1v1 feels meh... punishes really hard and gets punished really hard, still is quite convienent to be defensive against a centurion and often for the centurion himself is better to wait and go for a parry instead of throwing heavies around to start chains.

DrinkinMyStella
05-24-2017, 11:21 AM
because valk isn't really viable as a hero against good players.

i disagree, i find it easy to beat most classes at high rep high level play, i have some really good light heavy mix ups and rarely use the sweep so when i do use a sweep they don't expect it and its a guaranteed heavy.

Lord_Nirgal
05-24-2017, 11:48 AM
i disagree, i find it easy to beat most classes at high rep high level play, i have some really good light heavy mix ups and rarely use the sweep so when i do use a sweep they don't expect it and its a guaranteed heavy.

against warlords, conquerors, lawbringers and warden valk is completly at their mercy if they are as good as you. You can't really feint (heavy feint or heavy shield bash cancel aren't really that usefull), most of the time you have to whiff attacks to bait your opponent and often you risk much more than other heroes.
Valk can be annoying and you can utterly destroy even good players if they aren't used to play against valkyries (considering that there are few high level) but as soon as a good player figures out your style you are at a serious disadvantage.
Valkyrie needs some love.

SirCorrino
05-24-2017, 12:23 PM
Yeah, it's sad that they release new heroes that are better Disablers than the actual Disablers. . .