PDA

View Full Version : Dont dare get knocked down in a 4v4!!! Pounce doom!!

Duuklah
05-24-2017, 07:10 AM
How the **** is this still live?

If you get knocked down in a 4v4 you get instantly pounced on by 2-4 Centurions..

Instant.. No counter play.. No skill required..

Easy right? Just avoid the CC??

****ING HOW!!!????

sick to death of the idiots who make this game BAD with all their dumb ideas..

Dumb ideas come from dumb brains.. i hope these devs never work again.

Jerross88
05-24-2017, 07:42 AM
You do realize being knocked down in 4v4 has been horrible since the game started, right? I understand that Cent has a follow up on knockdown, but a single overhead from most characters does similar damage.

kweassa1917
05-24-2017, 07:46 AM

If you get knocked down in a 4v4 you get instantly pounced on by 2-4 Centurions..

How's that different from a Lawbringer flipping you over with 2 Shugokis raining down charged top heavies?

****ING HOW!!!????

By not letting yourself get cornered against 3~4 enemies?

The irony being the whole "bad" situation is a direct result of your own choice.

Did someone glue your feet to one spot while multiple enemies got the pounce on you?

Did someone make an irresistable dare or something that you just had to meet, and choose to face the inevitable death that follows as a result of fighting against a group alone?

People seem to think that repeating stupid remarks seems to make it somehow more true... except, sorry, it doesn't.

This is nothing more than a mere variation of the classic revenge-gank whine.

Surround yourself in 3~4 enemies and they don't need to be a Centurion to see your salty arse helpless and dead.

Draghmar
05-24-2017, 08:09 AM
You do realize being knocked down in 4v4 has been horrible since the game started, right? I understand that Cent has a follow up on knockdown, but a single overhead from most characters does similar damage.
You do realize that something that was badly designed from the start shouldn't be used as a way to justify adding yet another badly designed mechanic?

kweassa1917
05-24-2017, 08:13 AM
You do realize that something that was badly designed from the start shouldn't be used as a way to justify adding yet another badly designed mechanic?

You're saying that as if everyone agrees that it was badly designed.

Except the last time I checked, even before the Cents, the only people profusely whining and QQing about CCs were generally the same bunch of people that whined about the revenge, which are also the same folk that whine about "ganks". Before v1.07 it was first the Valkyries and Shugokis they were crying the Dead Sea from their eyeholes in those demands, tantrums, cussing, swearing, insults, all sorts of pis*-poor attitudes to get them nerfed to the ground.. and now it's suddenly the Cents and Shibs?

It's not as if they shoot CCs from 30 feet out like RPGs. They have to get to you to CC, and then multiple of them have to stop you from getting away by cornering you. .

WTF were you doing during all that time they were coming for you? ... and even worse, WTF was the rest of your team doing, leaving you to be creamed like that?

Draghmar
05-24-2017, 08:18 AM
In 1v1 CC's are not so much of the problem because you have time to focus on them...I'd like to see your counter to the Conq unlocked shield bash when you're facing another opponent and he is running at you from behind. The same goes for Shinobi's tackle.
There is to many easy to perform CC's in this game and taking away control from player to this extend is always cheap and bad design.

And BTW revenge was too powerfull.

Butonfly
05-24-2017, 08:20 AM
To the opponents of the OP

1) It's now far easier, and far more likely you'll get knocked down in these 4v4 modes if there's cents on the opposing team

2) The centurions pounce is a ranged attack while almost all of the original cast don't have anything like that (or not quite the same). Thus depending on how you go down, and due to the timing of things, it wasn't regularly the case that all opponents would be in range/be able to get to you in time (more than likely the attack was already prepared and ready to go). In the case of cents, they can just initiate from anywhere on the map and will fly to you like flies to ****.

What amazed me the most is how there exist players on this forum who deny the stark, clear as day difference between the old and new. The complains people are posting on the forums aren't coming out of thin air XD

Draghmar
05-24-2017, 08:22 AM
What amazed me the most is how there exist players on this forum who deny the stark, clear as day difference between the old and new. The complains people are posting on the forums aren't coming out of thin air XD
Those players are playing Cent main at the moment and they like that they have easy tools for killing or don't play in 4v4 so their only point of view is from 1v1.

kweassa1917
05-24-2017, 08:25 AM
What amazed me the most is how there exist players on this forum who deny the stark, clear as day difference between the old and new.

i'm sorry to say that what amazes those who actually do understand how the FH works, is just how stupid you need to be to keep making the same mistake over, and over, and over, and over again... to be ganked like a sucker for the ages, and then come back to the boards each time that happens with a brand new excuse to cover yourself up.

The complains people are posting on the forums aren't coming out of thin air XD

Which goes so far as much to prove just how many people suck, but refuse to admit their problems, and would rather choose dump the entire blame on the game and its developers.

I've been preaching this is the nature of PvP forums and its "community" since day1 of my appearance here, so it's not surprising at all. :rolleyes:

Those players are playing Cent main at the moment and they like that they have easy tools for killing or don't play in 4v4 so their only point of view is from 1v1.

How immature are you willing to get to continue down that path of sad, sad self-illusion?

Dude, read my lips, "You don't need to stay at one spot and let yourself get ganked up like an idiot".

Jerross88
05-24-2017, 08:55 AM

I'm maining Cent (had intended too since the leak months ago as I am a Rome fanboy) and I play Dominion more than anything else. I don't see his "tools" being any easier to get kills than standing behind someone with my Warden (in a 2v1 situation) and grabbing them into an overhead heavy. Similar damage, same result, imo.

I am not denying the change that has occurred in the game since the start of Season 2 with the addition of new characters. There has been a change for sure. I would argue there are a lot of people happy with the change, as the game was becoming a tad stale. This would include myself.

I will also like to say that when I started a week ago with the head start, I found myself frustrated to no end. I would stop playing and just go do something else. Then I decided to read the forums, see what people were saying about the new characters, how to fight them, and I learned from it. I stopped *****ing and I kept playing. Now I can deal pretty easily with other Cents (although Shins I still have issues with) as I learned the timing and can parry and dodge basically everything they do. This includes fighting multiples.

Yes it is harder, you have to keep moving. I 1v4 (I was the last of my team alive) an enemy team with 3 Cents and 1 Shin, killed 3 of them and battled the last till his backup arrived and I got stuck in a corner and they wailed on me. I didn't *****, I laughed. I had gotten stuck in there. My team complained about how OP it all was, and I simply explained that I had won the first fight because I could move about. The second fight I couldn't and I died. It was quite simple.

Again, I cannot deny things have changed, and this is a little ways off the OP's comment now, but if there are enough people out there saying that it is easy enough to kill them, maybe try listening? This is all just my opinion, and I am not a god at the game in any way, shape or form, but if I learnt how to deal with it, maybe you can too?

FledgeSRondo
05-24-2017, 09:02 AM
Why is the assumption that players who find themselves outnumbered must be wannabe Rambo-Commando one-man-armies running like lemmings to their doom? Sometimes you're clearing out minions when your teammates run off to help another teammate or secure an open objective, and if you're the vanguard you're trusted with securing the front. Sometimes you're holding an objective pushing up your team's points when enemy teammates coincidentally come at you simultaneously from different directions, or you start off fighting one when another arrives. Sometimes you're actually fighting with your teammates, but some of them are low Rep/Gear or inexperienced and get mowed down leaving you alone with the enemy team: you try to escape, but they have faster heroes who prevent you from doing so, or come in from different directions blocking your retreat. Sometimes you're facing a gank squad but know your teammates are coming, and want to hold the fort until reinforcements arrive. Sometimes you're intentionally acting as a decoy trying to distract or divert the enemy's attention, drawing a good portion of their usable power away in order to give your teammates an opening and opportunity elsewhere. With the constant ebb and flow of battle there are plenty of valid reasons you can get surrounded.

And the odd assumption that every outnumbered situation is necessarily escapable hasn't borne itself out to be true in my experience. I absolutely HATE running away from any fight, but when I have to choose between giving my enemies a free kill that helps unlock their feats and humiliation, I'll choose humiliation if it helps my team. That said, it can be incredibly difficult to get away from most fights where you're outnumbered, I mean really, do you think most smart opponents will just let you off that easy? I've been on both the receiving and giving end of outnumbered situations and know firsthand how difficult it can be to escape, even with Revenge. Unless you're playing a faster assassin class they'll chase you down or surround and corner you, most other characters speeds are about the same and with lunge attacks it's not hard to close the distance (especially if the escaper is playing a slower class). Revenge, which was intended to give you that little "chance" to get away, does anything but when you're faced with Centurions that can instantly kick and punch through your Revenge activation to knock you down from the get-go, opening you up not only to their teammates attacks but a powerful life/armor/stamina draining lunge attack as well, leaving you not only severely injured but incredibly vulnerable. As I said elsewhere, at least something like the Shug Hug is slow, telegraphed and comes with a great risk, so it's manageable. But the Centurion has fast, powerful, difficult-to-evade punish options in outnumbered situations, fast unblockables and disabling knockdown attacks, that don't come with any consequences, risks or downsides whatsoever. Since they've been introduced it's almost a unspoken rule that if two Centurions are teamed up in Dominion they run in pairs, because it's so easy for them to quickly and effortlessly mow down anyone they come across.

matt89connor
05-24-2017, 09:21 AM
the problem of cent isn't the attack after you are knocked down, but how easy for him,with a few attacks, knocked you down XD

DrinkinMyStella
05-24-2017, 10:11 AM
being in a corner against 4 cents now that's ridiculous, there is no escape even once revenge is active.

Butonfly
05-24-2017, 10:45 AM
i'm sorry to say that what amazes those who actually do understand how the FH works, is just how stupid you need to be to keep making the same mistake over, and over, and over, and over again... to be ganked like a sucker for the ages, and then come back to the boards each time that happens with a brand new excuse to cover yourself up.

Which goes so far as much to prove just how many people suck, but refuse to admit their problems, and would rather choose dump the entire blame on the game and its developers.

I've been preaching this is the nature of PvP forums and its "community" since day1 of my appearance here, so it's not surprising at all. :rolleyes:

How immature are you willing to get to continue down that path of sad, sad self-illusion?

Dude, read my lips, "You don't need to stay at one spot and let yourself get ganked up like an idiot".

The problem with your argument, and it's the same argument made over and over, is that you assume everything without anything to back up your position. At best it's adhominom, you're claiming the individuals are super bad lamo players, but you don't know that, nor can you prove that. It's a wonderful straw man, but nobody's going to buy it.

Egotistic_Ez
05-24-2017, 10:53 AM
Yeah a team of cents is murder with the leap attack. I spent one game earlier tonight just spamming shinobi slide for the lolz so my pug of new cent players could spam leap attack. Beyond hilarious.

Of course the enemy team rage quit and one was the host so we all dced, but that's par for the course I suppose.

Duuklah
05-24-2017, 12:18 PM
To the opponents of the OP

1) It's now far easier, and far more likely you'll get knocked down in these 4v4 modes if there's cents on the opposing team

2) The centurions pounce is a ranged attack while almost all of the original cast don't have anything like that (or not quite the same). Thus depending on how you go down, and due to the timing of things, it wasn't regularly the case that all opponents would be in range/be able to get to you in time (more than likely the attack was already prepared and ready to go). In the case of cents, they can just initiate from anywhere on the map and will fly to you like flies to ****.

THANK YOU!!!

The scenario I alt tabbed about on here to post was in a legit 3v4 and I ate a fully charged jab from the side and then all 3 of the centurions pounced on me and im dead. Previous to me being knocked down we were in basically a 1v1v1 with an add in.

They came from varying ranges. It just doesnt feel right. The kit is too strong in 4v4 to have a ranged heavy+ pounce ability that can be done on any downed opponent.

Duuklah
05-24-2017, 12:26 PM

i invite you to go check out my stats. Maybe that will make you STFU..

Im no god at For Honor but im certainly not bad..

Centurions synergize far too well with each other. ITs a fact..

Centurions have too much spammable unblocklable CC that knocs you down and stuns you an drains your stam..

Id rather diaf than fight a centurion.. I have no real complaints about Shinobi.

guffffff
05-24-2017, 01:59 PM
How's that different from a Lawbringer flipping you over

Is there any way out of this? As soon as i hit revenge i get flipped like a pancake non-stop, cant get away. luckily its funny to watch or i would get salty :D

Netcode_err_404
05-24-2017, 02:23 PM
Is there any way out of this? As soon as i hit revenge i get flipped like a pancake non-stop, cant get away. luckily its funny to watch or i would get salty :D

DOdge the long arm, its super easy to do, and thats not only because LA doesn't have the absurd tracking of tha cent'skicks and punch.once the LB misses long arm, his ultra slow recovery allows you to punish him with a free GB, something that does not happen with cent unless you are a raider.

For shugoki is the exact same thing, unless the shugoki himself doesn't lag and black hole you into his hug.

But the whole point is, disablers were a crap mechanic even pre centurion, so, adding a new cancer class that only unblockable spam, its not a smart move. Not like I was expecting a smart move from ubisoft anyway, but thats the point.

Sir_rage_quit
05-24-2017, 02:51 PM
Yeah a team of cents is murder with the leap attack. I spent one game earlier tonight just spamming shinobi slide for the lolz so my pug of new cent players could spam leap attack. Beyond hilarious.

Of course the enemy team rage quit and one was the host so we all dced, but that's par for the course I suppose.

They honored my name !

To be honest so far i found that most forum will always have the same answer when their is a problem GIT GUD ..... If you play a shooter and they made a one shot gun GIT GUD its ez just dodge,dont get hit ,if they made a moba with Champion fighting and one does a one CC kill GIT GUD just dodge it ..... you see what ever people will find OP, their is always a way to escape it that true does it mean its balance or even fun to play not sure about that the cent is a real problem for 4v4 the easy punch cc it crazy...THe cent just have to hit once and it over So dont make that one mistake right ! how fun is that ! ( i know the fatman got a hug but it way easier to dodge, same for the Lawbro ) i like to see opinion on this forum but anyone that defend the cent in 4v4 can you tell me the name of your dealer plz ?

T_Sesh
05-24-2017, 03:30 PM
Generally speaking, I'd agree that Centurion's are a bit much to deal with in more V 1, with alternating pinning strikes and bashes completely making most characters unable to move or counter at all. That said, until another balancing pass comes out, I've been handling myself fine and a I pretty much play Dominion exclusively. Avoid getting outnumbered at all costs and generally you'll maintain a positive KD, assuming you're decent. If you have to fight more than one person at a time, prioritize killing any centurions first, or whoever has the lowest HP. Centurions have even less health than the Peace Keeper, so if you've given yourself enough room to dodge his punches and kicks, you might be able to make it out alive. Probably not though lol.

AndersenThree
05-24-2017, 03:49 PM

****ING HOW!!!????

Don't.....go out alone at night. I think that was sort of something parents taught their kids from the very beginning right? I mean, I think kids try to play this game and if they can't win a 1v4 they get all pissed off. Dude.....play with friends....if you have any....and if you saw a wolf pack charging at you.....oh I don't know.....run away and go find your friends. Duh.

Sykoink
05-24-2017, 04:23 PM
It is a fact that no other hero other than the Centurion has the easiest way to put you down on your *** by just walking by when someone is fighting in Dominion 1v1 and punch you to the ground into ground stab, and from there the fight is practically over. I've been doing this since the Centurion was released as a Season pass owner and the opponents rarely stand a chance because these moves come out so fast, before the opponent who is busy fighting knows it, is on his back, eating a follow up stab on the ground for major damage and the damage from that other person he was fighting kills him while still on the ground. I can just run around doing that, its just foolish and its became old really quick. I've leveled him to rep 3 and switched to another character, it just doesnt feel right because i find it really unfair for my opponents in Dominion and its getting stale. I've had it happen to me too. I have to say you have an easier time when you watch your environment while fighting and having a faster character to dodge out quick. But still sometimes you're just stuck.

I'm also talking about 4v4 Dominion. 1v1 in Duel / Brawl are entirely different. A Centurion spamming those moves like a noob can be punished pretty easily.

But i have to say, while i really like the character design..he ruins Dominion at the moment. I never really talk about nerfs but clearly something has to be done and i've seen great suggestions on this forum and reddit to balance him so he doesn't ruin 4v4 without breaking the character.

Yarzahn
05-24-2017, 04:42 PM
WHAT THE F**K IS THIS?
Anyone who actually PLAYS THE ****ING GAME in 4v4 modes and isn't a complete ****** KNOWS knockdowns are much worse in season 2 than they were before.

Old characters with knockdown need to spend all their stamina and deal almost no damage to keep an enemy in a cc vortex.
Meanwhile centurion does it while dealing triple the damage of those other characters, with a faster move that doesnt require comboing (valkyrie?) AND he drains the enemy stamina, so he has no chance to ever recover.

I can't believe this is even a thread, stupidity has no limits.

I thought this was common sense, but here we see some complete wastes of spaces arguing that water isn't wet. Dominion in particularly is completely broken at the moment.

Duuklah
05-24-2017, 07:52 PM
Don't.....go out alone at night. I think that was sort of something parents taught their kids from the very beginning right? I mean, I think kids try to play this game and if they can't win a 1v4 they get all pissed off. Dude.....play with friends....if you have any....and if you saw a wolf pack charging at you.....oh I don't know.....run away and go find your friends. Duh.

This is a losing mentality. If Im at a point defending and one or two guys come up I should be able to stand and fight for a while solo..

Things are at their worst in a 3v3 or 4v4 melee however. Once someone switches to you from the side and lands a fully charged jab you suddenly have 3 centurions pouncing on you from all different angles. No counter play no revenge can save you. Just insta gib and left salty. This used to happen, but at a much more manageable level.

Also your "witty" retort is only a solution in one very specific instance. Which Im insulted that you seem to think I fall victim to. A centurion gang bang doesnt always happen to a solo player. The most dangerous ones are the scenario I outlined above and they completely ruin the fun of the game.

The thrill of the fight is gone in the face of 6 seconds of unbreakable CC.. Its not like their is a CC break in game to save you....