PDA

View Full Version : Okay the GB during a roll is getting real annoying.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 03:47 AM
Is there a timetable for that fix?

Dizzy4213
05-24-2017, 03:55 AM

Last I heard, they wanted to wait a few weeks before they make any changes to the new heroes. So I wouldn't expect an update anytime soon.

MasterChiefPON
05-24-2017, 04:04 AM

We don't know if they actually are going to fix it because Roman explained that the new characters can be guard broken on roll because they were internally testing it to make it universal, to prevent dodge from being an answer for everything, but it got realeased by accident. Instead of fixing it they could just make it universal in a future patch.

Vasher.
05-24-2017, 04:07 AM
We don't know if they actually are going to fix it because Roman explained that the new characters can be guard broken on roll because they were internally testing it to make it universal, to prevent dodge from being an answer for everything, but it got realeased by accident. Instead of fixing it they could just make it universal in a future patch.

Which to me is a crappy copout to a problem with mechanics. I think making that allowed is a problem already. If I dodge and roll and I get GB'ed I think that's completely ridiculous.

Ulnias
05-24-2017, 04:07 AM
Last I heard, they wanted to wait a few weeks before they make any changes to the new heroes. So I wouldn't expect an update anytime soon.

you mean besides lessining the punishable long range atk they did for shinobi already... hmmm

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 04:08 AM

No.

UbiNoty already said a couple days ago that its a bug and that it will be getting fixed.

MasterChiefPON
05-24-2017, 04:12 AM
No.

UbiNoty already said a couple days ago that its a bug and that it will be getting fixed.

I don't know then.

Antonioj26
05-24-2017, 04:15 AM
No.

That's too bad, I love it.

SerArthur-Dayne
05-24-2017, 04:22 AM
Completely agree OP. I cant wrap my head around why they are considering implementing this as a mechanic for all heros. Roll is on of the only tools you can use to help you out in a gank, and allows you to reset the situation, or reposition yourself so you arent getting attacked from all sides. I cant think of any circumstance where Roll is even remotely OP, or ill-fitting.

Roll is one of the best mechanics in the game. They should hotfix the new chars to have the old roll and just leave it again. Never consider touching it untill everything else in the game is looked at first. Like instead, go make deflect a usefull mechainc (with more damage + Iframes) for all classes that have it, (orochi and zerk are kind ok~ish to varying degrees) then go find a way to reduce the no-skill unblockable spam that has destroyed 4v4 modes. Hope they revert it real quick, otherwise it might actually skew the data they use on wether these chars are UP or OP. Cheers.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 04:23 AM
That's too bad, I love it.

I wish I could say that I am surprised.

Antonioj26
05-24-2017, 04:32 AM
I wish I could say that I am surprised.

Yep it's totally unsurprising that I would like for my enemy to stay and fight instead of running away from me or totally unsurprising why I don't really want to chase the last shinobi for 5 minutes with my teammates in a 200 to 1200 game of dominion. How dare I?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 04:36 AM
Yep it's totally unsurprising that I would like for my enemy to stay and fight instead of running away from me or totally unsurprising why I don't really want to chase the last shinobi for 5 minutes with my teammates in a 200 to 1200 game of dominion. How dare I?

The roll is the only option people have for getting out of no-win situations. The fact that I can be 3 feet away on my back and then suddenly vacuumed onto my feet to let the person get a free hit on me even though I was in the process of getting away is complete bullcrap and the Devs agree. Which is why its getting fixed.

Dizzy4213
05-24-2017, 04:40 AM
you mean besides lessining the punishable long range atk they did for shinobi already... hmmm

Oh look, another person that can't read. If you could, you would've realised that consoles were supposed to have had that update since the start of S2 but didn't.

Antonioj26
05-24-2017, 04:45 AM
The roll is the only option people have for getting out of no-win situations. The fact that I can be 3 feet away on my back and then suddenly vacuumed onto my feet to let the person get a free hit on me even though I was in the process of getting away is complete bullcrap and the Devs agree. Which is why its getting fixed.

Yeah but it's not only used for a no win situation like the ones I just described. I'd gladly make the trade if I don't have to chase some dumb assassin around a map for 5 minutes or chase my guy in elimination after he's been getting stomped by me for the first two rounds

razabak10mm
05-24-2017, 04:55 AM
Just like how if scientists could harness all the salt from complainers we would have a salt surplus for the next 300 years :)
Hypocrite much?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 05:05 AM
Yeah but it's not only used for a no win situation like the ones I just described. I'd gladly make the trade if I don't have to chase some dumb assassin around a map for 5 minutes or chase my guy in elimination after he's been getting stomped by me for the first two rounds

I have yet to run into that issue this past week lol

To be fair I play Dominion 99% of the time these days due to the crappy matchmaking.

Hypocrite much?

I made that post in a thread where the guy was trying to be edgy and clever and it was mostly making a joke about the COUNTLESS complaint threads that were on the fron page at the time.

The OP is literally just me asking if anyone knew the timetable for the bug to be fixed. No where in the OP am I complaining. Anton brought up why he though its good and I explained why its bad.

Nice try though lol

Antonioj26
05-24-2017, 05:09 AM
I have yet to run into that issue this past week lol

To be fair I play Dominion 99% of the time these days due to the crappy matchmaking.

I made that post in a thread where the guy was trying to be edgy and clever and it was mostly making a joke about the COUNTLESS complaint threads that were on the fron page at the time.

The OP is literally just me asking if anyone knew the timetable for the bug to be fixed. No where in the OP am I complaining. Anton brought up why he though its good and I explained why its bad.

Nice try though lol

Funny enough it just happened to me literally in dominion in the match I was just in

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 05:10 AM
Funny enough it just happened to me literally in dominion in the match I was in

Yeah i never get that issue.

I usually get the the guy who is ASTONISHED to find that he is the last guy standing as he gets screwed from 3 different directions then proceeds to spam Wow! Wow! Wow!

Antonioj26
05-24-2017, 05:17 AM
Yeah i never get that issue.

I usually get the the guy who is ASTONISHED to find that he is the last guy standing as he gets screwed from 3 different directions then proceeds to spam Wow! Wow! Wow!

Happily would take that

razabak10mm
05-24-2017, 05:22 AM
Just funny how you rag on ppl and cry SALT SALT when they have an issue and the say something about it (connection issues anyone), but when you're annoyed it's a legitimate gripe.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 05:34 AM
Just funny how you rag on ppl and cry SALT SALT when they have an issue and the say something about it (connection issues anyone), but when you're annoyed it's a legitimate gripe.

There is a huge difference between complaining about an actual verifiable bug like then and crying tears of blood because *Insert Character/Feat/Move here* is totes OP cuz reasons.

I only cry Salt at people when they complain about something subjective or complain about something in a salty way

Antonioj26
05-24-2017, 05:37 AM
There is a huge difference between complaining about an actual verifiable bug like then and crying tears of blood because *Insert Character/Feat/Move here* is totes OP cuz reasons.

I only cry Salt at people when they complain about something subjective or complain about something in a salty way

Well that's not totally true.........

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 05:38 AM
I like how Anton likes every post that negative about me. Each time its like a love letter to my heart :D

Antonioj26
05-24-2017, 05:40 AM
I like how Anton likes every post that negative about me. Each time its like a love letter to my heart :D

How did I like it? I just said that's not true. I'm also sure there are plenty of threads where someone says something negative about you and I don't chime in.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 05:42 AM
How did I like it? I just said that's not true. I'm also sure there are plenty of threads where someone says something negative about you and I don't chime in.

(Someone liked that guys comment about me being full of crap. I was making a joke by assuming it was you)

Antonioj26
05-24-2017, 05:43 AM
(Someone liked that guys comment about me being full of crap. I was making a joke by assuming it was you)

I didn't know there was a like system here, I'm on my phone so I guess the joke went over my head.

Duuklah
05-24-2017, 06:58 AM

STFU fanboy.. Ubi can do no wrong remember??

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 07:00 AM
STFU fanboy.. Ubi can do no wrong remember??

You seem upset...:(