PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi's kick

Shizzle117
05-24-2017, 03:33 AM
Could we maybe look into taking off the hyper armor off the kick? or at least give nobushi some hyper armor on hers? or maybe look at the stamina cost of the double dash kick so they cant do like 4 of them before they have to rest.

Egotistic_Ez
05-24-2017, 03:38 AM
Shinobi kick is fine. He's either gonna follow up with a ranged gb (tech it and you win) or a ranged heavy (parry it and you win). Remove the hyper armour and all you have to do is light attack a moment after you see the smoke and you instantly win.

CaptainPwnet
05-24-2017, 03:39 AM
Shinobi kick is fine. He's either gonna follow up with a ranged gb (tech it and you win) or a ranged heavy (parry it and you win). Remove the hyper armour and all you have to do is light attack a moment after you see the smoke and you instantly win.

Or zone attack for many characters. Bushi zone is a free punish on dbl dash and half healths the shinobi. The kick even as it is right now in 1v1 situations is almost never in shinobi's favor to use against people who know how to punish it.

Shizzle117
05-24-2017, 03:44 AM
idk sometimes i feel like all the best heros in the game (minus pk) have unblockable shoves and they are very useful and spamable and in comparison to heros without them its sorta not very fair. i guess if we dont want to tone any of them down could we make the heros who dont have the unblockable shoves have some sort of a tool? orochi or raider would be my best examples

Antonioj26
05-24-2017, 03:46 AM

Stop telling people to parry it dummie the hit is confirmed

Shizzle117
05-24-2017, 03:47 AM
that explains so much antonio thanks

CaptainPwnet
05-24-2017, 03:52 AM

Not if you dodge the kick. If you are dodging then you risk the Gb but it's a gues son both of your parts. The best way to deal with it is trade with the kick. You can GB or Light with any character and you will either Gb the dbl dash before the kick even comes out or hit them before the kick comes out. Gb is risky but is a good punish but if you light or depending on character zone attack will work(bushi, warden,rochi, Pk, WL maybe others too) then you will either hit them in the dbl dash before kick comes out or beat the GB or trade with the kick and eat the 25 damage heavy, which is always going to be in the favor of the shinobi's opponent thx to the health difference.

Even if you trade with a light for about 15 damage and then take 25 damage in return and did this over and over the shinobi would lose. But if you use something like bushi zone then that's half health for the shinobi gone and very possibly he didnt even get the kick to come out. I have seen decent players starting to do this regularily so as I said as it is right now the kick is actually not even in the shinobi's favor in pretty much any scenario if against a good player in 1v1.

The only change that needs to be made to the shinobi kick is a slight reduction of stamina damage it does. Any other change and it will be a sub par tool. He has 3.5 bars of health and a super poor reflex guard(worse than other assassins) he better have some viable and effective tools and shennanegins or else they better make his guard on par with other assassins and put him up to 4.5 bars of health.

Antonioj26
05-24-2017, 03:57 AM
Not if you dodge the kick. If you are dodging then you risk the Gb but it's a gues son both of your parts. The best way to deal with it is trade with the kick. You can GB or Light with any character and you will either Gb the dbl dash before the kick even comes out or hit them before the kick comes out. Gb is risky but is a good punish but if you light or depending on character zone attack will work(bushi, warden,rochi, Pk, WL maybe others too) then you will either hit them in the dbl dash before kick comes out or trade with the kick and eat the 25 damage heavy. Which is always going to be in the favor of the shinobi's opponent thx to the health difference.

Even if you trade with a light for about 15 damage and then take 25 damage in return and did this over and over the shinobi would lose. But if you use something like bushi zone then that's half health for the shinobi gone and very possibly he didnt even get the kick to come out. I have seen decent players starting to do this regularily so as I said as it is right now the kick is actually not even in the shinobi's favor in pretty much any scenario if against a good player in 1v1.

The only change that needs to be made to the shinobi kick is a slight reduction of stamina damage it does. Any other change and it will be a sub par tool. He has 3.5 bars of health and a super poor reflex guard(worse than other assassins) he better have some viable and effective tools and shennanegins or else they better make his guard on par with other assassins and put him up to 4.5 bars of health.

I didn't read anything passed dodge the kick because thats clearly not what I'm talking about. He keeps telling people to eat the kick then parry/cgb

CaptainPwnet
05-24-2017, 03:59 AM
I didn't read anything passed dodge the kick because thats clearly not what I'm talking about. He keeps telling people to eat the kick then parry/cgb

So you stopped reading before I told you how to easily deal with the kick almost 100% of the time lol.

Antonioj26
05-24-2017, 04:03 AM
So you stopped reading before I told you how to easily deal with the kick almost 100% of the time lol.

I stopped reading past the part that had nothing to do with my message. I already told you this guy keeps telling people to eat the kick and that's wrong advice. Handling the kick was irrelevant to what I said

Egotistic_Ez
05-24-2017, 04:52 AM

I'm going to have to check this later but I'm pretty sure that's not true. I've been parried and have parried it before... Unless it's another one of those "orochi vs raider UB" scenarios.

Antonioj26
05-24-2017, 05:00 AM
I'm going to have to check this later but I'm pretty sure that's not true. I've been parried and have parried it before... Unless it's another one of those "orochi vs raider UB" scenarios.

Then you aren't timing it right. It's confirmed.

Egotistic_Ez
05-24-2017, 05:15 AM
Then you aren't timing it right. It's confirmed.

First off, me parrying them is in no way me failing at timing. Secondly, if you fail the timing (which I don't think is possible tbh) you'd just do a melee swing. As I said, I'll go test it later. Given all the misinformation and hate for the two new classes I'm not just going to believe you over my own experience.

Antonioj26
05-24-2017, 05:19 AM
First off, me parrying them is in no way me failing at timing. Secondly, if you fail the timing (which I don't think is possible tbh) you'd just do a melee swing. As I said, I'll go test it later. Given all the misinformation and hate for the two new classes I'm not just going to believe you over my own experience.

Then they mistimed it if you parried them, this is common knowledge dude. Why would anyone even bother dodging the kick if it was parriable? The long range attack is one of the easiest in the game to parry.

CaptainPwnet
05-24-2017, 05:24 AM

Heavy after kick is guaranteed. Rep 5 shinobi. It's def guaranteed as long as the kick lands. The GB is not.

katarzyna1974
05-24-2017, 05:28 AM
The kick is a guaranteed hit under and condition. Its impossible to dodge because it tracks in all directions, its unblockable, and unparryable. Extremely broken class that takes no skill because there is no counter, anyone that knows how to play the class should be unbeatable.

CaptainPwnet
05-24-2017, 05:43 AM
The kick is a guaranteed hit under and condition. Its impossible to dodge because it tracks in all directions, its unblockable, and unparryable. Extremely broken class that takes no skill because there is no counter, anyone that knows how to play the class should be unbeatable.

Read my earlier post, and it's actually quite easy to dodge lol. It has one of the biggest telegraphs in the game since you can only ever do it out of dbl dash.

BeefMan_
05-24-2017, 05:49 AM
Hope you don't dodge too early, since you'll be eating a free GB if you do.
I also hope you're playing a Shinobi who is bad enough to actually spam the kick enough times for you to react to it.

CaptainPwnet
05-24-2017, 05:50 AM
Hope you don't dodge too early, since you'll be eating a free GB if you do.
I also hope you're playing a Shinobi who is bad enough to actually spam the kick enough times for you to react to it.

Or don't dodge at all, read my post earlier in this thread.