PDA

View Full Version : The Current State of For Honor (Console) is Unacceptable.

suckafreee2009
05-23-2017, 07:25 PM
I literally can't play a single game without being kicked right now and it isn't my internet connection.This is a game breaking problem that I feel as a customer hasn't been addressed. This game has been out 3 months now. The connectivity problems have only gotten worse. Totally unacceptable.

Blasto95
05-23-2017, 08:14 PM
Im on Xbox, and ive noticed trends as well from connection issues. Sometimes it will work near perfect for a day, and the very next I cant complete a single match. I completely dropped the game for more than a month until there was a decent stability patch a couple weeks ago. Connection seemed alright (not great) during the off season. Then they dropped season 2...Ive had one successful day playing near uninterrupted. that was yesterday until my final two games that crashed. Now it sounds like its getting worse AGAIN. Of course on the day non - season pass holders get the new heroes.

People always say the game doesnt have servers since its P2P. If thats the case..would it not matter if there were 100,000 people playing at the same time compared to 100 people playing? Unless im wrong, you cant even blame the new season for these problems.

suckafreee2009
05-23-2017, 08:32 PM
bump

AstroFlyer686k
05-23-2017, 09:54 PM
It was pretty stable for me last week, just a few disconnects per hour. That's way better than what it used to be which was a disconnect every 3-4 matches...no matter what mode your playing, against human or AI. However, today new DLC is available for all, not just season pass holders, and it's very unstable. Folks dropping in and out of matches like rain. Add to that, no rewards after matches, no exp after matches, etc. puts the game at unplayable today. Maybe tomorrow will be better. However, until there are stand alone servers this game ain't close to being ready for ranked play.

MadeArtifact
05-23-2017, 10:12 PM
I also have a Xbox and I have great WiFi. I played for a hour and half one day and wasn't able to finish one match. Most of the time it was from players quitting. It ruined the game for me.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-23-2017, 10:15 PM
I'm on PS4.

Still have yet to have a disconnect or matchmaking error since the patch came out last week. I get the occasional host migration that takes like 30-45 seconds, but other than that It has been smooth sailing for me.

(67MBS hardline connection)

razabak10mm
05-23-2017, 10:21 PM
I'm on PS4.

Still have yet to have a disconnect or matchmaking error since the patch came out last week. I get the occasional host migration that takes like 30-45 seconds, but other than that It has been smooth sailing for me.

I can't get past the contacting servers screen...

T_Sesh
05-23-2017, 10:37 PM
Devs have acknowledged backend server issues. Probably getting flooded with players coming to check out the new characters I'd guess.

ArcheDemonm
05-23-2017, 11:30 PM
Devs have acknowledged backend server issues. Probably getting flooded with players coming to check out the new characters I'd guess.

https://steamdb.info/app/304390/graphs/

No.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-23-2017, 11:38 PM
I'm literally playing right now on PS4 with no issues

The_B0G_
05-23-2017, 11:59 PM
I'm on PS4.

My internet is 150 megabyte per second and in solo matchmaking I have no problem. As soon as my buddies get on we all start getting DC'd though. 3 days ago we played 14 games, 3 we completed.

There are MAJOR probles with servers on this game, it isn't getting better.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 12:07 AM
My internet is 150 megabyte per second and in solo matchmaking I have no problem. As soon as my buddies get on we all start getting DC'd though. 3 days ago we played 14 games, 3 we completed.

There are MAJOR probles with servers on this game, it isn't getting better.

There are no servers.

Its P2P

Mia.Nora
05-24-2017, 12:36 AM
There are no servers.

Its P2P

Then it means they have major problems with their netcode, duh!

The_B0G_
05-24-2017, 04:30 AM
There are no servers.

Its P2P

I know, I meant the connection is terrible.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 04:37 AM
I know, I meant the connection is terrible.

for you*

The_B0G_
05-24-2017, 05:02 AM
for you*

For many, many players.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 05:06 AM
For many, many players.

In your opinion.

I have yet to see any statistics from a reputable source. So lets just leave it at "Some people are having issues" rather than try to put a quantity to it.

The_B0G_
05-24-2017, 05:38 AM
Well everyone I know that plays, has connection problems, so I'm going by that.

BeefMan_
05-24-2017, 05:40 AM
In your opinion.

I have yet to see any statistics from a reputable source. So lets just leave it at "Some people are having issues" rather than try to put a quantity to it.

Are you actually being obtuse about this game's garbage connection?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 05:40 AM
Well everyone I know that plays, has connection problems, so I'm going by that.

And everyone I know is having no issues at all so I am going by that.

This is called an Impasse I guess lol

razabak10mm
05-24-2017, 05:53 AM
Tonight has been particularly bad connection wise. That's even without the admitted trouble they had earlier.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 05:54 AM
Tonight has been particularly bad connection wise. That's even without the admitted trouble they had earlier.

Not for me.

Smooth sailing since 4pm for me.

razabak10mm
05-24-2017, 05:56 AM
Are you actually being obtuse about this game's garbage connection?
No doubt his solution to your connection issues is that you should git gud.

Coyote is the only guy I know that never has a connection issue and thinks anyone that has one and says anything about it is just salty.

Edit to add:
As I was typing this I got a fail to join session error (0004000025)

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 06:18 AM
No doubt his solution to your connection issues is that you should git gud.

Coyote is the only guy I know that never has a connection issue and thinks anyone that has one and says anything about it is just salty.

Where did I say everyone having issues is just salty and that should git guud?

Oh right! I never did lol

Also not once did I say I never had any issues. I just said I haven't had any this week Stop being a child and trying to put words in my mouth.

razabak10mm
05-24-2017, 06:53 AM
Coyote:
"Not for me.

Smooth sailing since 4pm for me."

"And everyone I know is having no issues at all so I am going by that. "

"I have yet to see any statistics from a reputable source. So lets just leave it at "Some people are having issues" rather than try to put a quantity to it."

"I have no idea how you people are having these issues.

I have good internet. Not GREAT, but good and I have yet to have a disconnect since season 2 started"

At this point you are just looking like a shill for Ubi. I have yet to see an explanation on how you magically lubed your PS4 to never throw an error or DC. Would you like to share it with us or does is involve some special alone time with the devs?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 06:55 AM
At this point you are just looking like a shill for Ubi. I have yet to see an explanation on how you magically lubed your PS4 to never throw an error or DC. Would you like to share it with us or does is involve some special alone time with the devs?

There are plenty of other people than me that are having less issues since season 2 started. Different people have different experiences in video games its not magic. Some of the bugs that have been reported only a fraction of the community has seen. Like the season rewards for instance. Some got them and some didn't. Thats not magic. That just how games work. Some people have issues and some don't.

Also giving positive feedback on the stability of the game on my end makes me a shill? lol really?

razabak10mm
05-24-2017, 07:16 AM
There are many things about this game you could give positive feedback about. Stability isn't on the bottom of the list, it isn't even on the same planet as the list.

Earlier today there was a "known issue" that needed to be fixed. Even the devs know connectivity is a steaming pile. I suppose you played right through that though.

This is one of the funnest games I've ever played, it also has the worst stability I've ever witnessed in a game making it one of the most frustrating. I've NEVER seen the kind of instability that For Honor pumps out on a daily basis. Not even close.

You really should just put down the kool-aid.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 07:18 AM
There are many things about this game you could give positive feedback about. Stability isn't on the bottom of the list, it isn't even on the same planet as the list.

Earlier today there was a "known issue" that needed to be fixed. Even the devs know connectivity is a steaming pile. I suppose you played right through that though.

This is one of the funnest games I've ever played, it also has the worst stability I've ever witnessed in a game making it one of the most frustrating. I've NEVER seen the kind of instability that For Honor pumps out on a daily basis. Not even close.

You really should just put down the kool-aid.

I have said this MANY times now in multiple threads,

I am not saying there is no stability issues. I never said that. I also never said that stability isn't a problem. I have simple stated that for alot of players (myself included) the stability has been getting better and more reliable.

Thats MY experience. If you are having issues then I am truly sorry.

Mia.Nora
05-24-2017, 07:32 AM
I have said this MANY times now in multiple threads,

I am not saying there is no stability issues. I never said that. I also never said that stability isn't a problem. I have simple stated that for alot of players (myself included) the stability has been getting better and more reliable.

Thats MY experience. If you are having issues then I am truly sorry.

Dude, when you repeatedly as in *again and again AFTER every single poster* same thing that YOU have no issues; it just sounds like you are either a shill, or trolling for fun.

Because while it is true that you never said there no stability issues, feeling the need to say that you dont have them after every poster again and again make you look like a total shill.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 07:34 AM
Dude, when you repeatedly as in *again and again AFTER every single poster* same thing that YOU have no issues; it just sounds like you are either a shill, or trolling for fun.

Because while it is true that you never said there no stability issues, feeling the need to say that you dont have them after every poster again and again make you look like a total shill.

I keep posting because people keep making absolute statements and are trying to give the impression that the instability is rampant for EVERYONE.

If someone who doesn't have the game or is thinking of getting comes in and sees NOTHING but complaints about stability they might make the wrong assumptions.

I am sick of people on the forums trying to speak for EVERYONE in the community

razabak10mm
05-24-2017, 07:44 AM
Shill.

Do you get paid per post or is it more of an hourly wage thing?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 07:48 AM
Shill.

Do you get paid per post or is it more of an hourly wage thing?

I like stuff therefore I am a shill

I love hot wings. I must be a shill for Buffalo Wild Wings too lol Nice logic there

razabak10mm
05-24-2017, 07:55 AM
If every time someone showed you a chicken head in their pile of wings at your local BWW would you defend the restaurant and say you haven't had a chicken head in your wings in over a week? Even when people report chicken heads over and over and over and over.

Of course the people getting chicken heads must be ordering wrong or something right?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 07:59 AM
If every time someone showed you a chicken head in their pile of wings at your local BWW would you defend the restaurant and say you haven't had a chicken head in your wings in over a week? Even when people report chicken heads over and over and over and over.

Of course the people getting chicken heads must be ordering wrong or something right?

That might be the single most ridiculous metaphor I have ever seen lol Congrats

Also in your ridiculous metaphor that would still mean that there would be people NOT getting chicken heads. Just so you know :)

Captain-Courage
05-24-2017, 01:20 PM
There are no servers.

Its P2P

There are still servers for authentication, pairing players and associate them to a host . The matchmaking doesn't come out of thin air.
Then, the traffic of the game is managed by players own domestic network in P2P
And even for that, they fail..

CoyoteXStarrk
05-24-2017, 01:24 PM
There are still servers for authentication and pairing players. The matchmaking doesn't come out of thin air.
And even for that, they fail.

While I get what you are trying to say thats like trying to blame the Hostess for the fact your food tastes like crap.

Captain-Courage
05-24-2017, 01:38 PM
While I get what you are trying to say thats like trying to blame the Hostess for the fact your food tastes like crap.

I am not "trying to say" anything, I'm just explaining factually how the system actually works. Simple.
And this analogy makes no sense at all, we are not in a restaurant.
If you can't be paired to a game or the matchmaking is doing ****, that's on Ubi's end, since it's their server and their algorythm, moreover when as a user you have no hand on said matchmaking filters and priorities. "They "in my first post when i say

And even for that, they fail.. refers to Ubi, not the players

The funniest thing about this is that in the end, they (Ubi) managed to create a system where, as a user, you have the inconvenients of servers and P2P at the same time without any of the benefits. Ubi's benefits on the other hand are obvious (less exploitation costs because lighter network infrastructure to manage on their end, and even with that they fail). Great job ...

suckafreee2009
05-24-2017, 05:09 PM
I'm on PS4.

you are lucky on xbox this game is horrid.

MendedFlesh
05-24-2017, 05:42 PM
The disconnects should never have been a problem in the first place and if the developers were going to fix it they already would have. The only way to motivate them to fix anything in the game is to stop playing the game. The developers of this game dont give a **** about what the players post on here because if they did this **** wouldnt be happening. Stop playing the game and the game state might improve a little.

MendedFlesh
05-24-2017, 05:51 PM
I'm on PS4.

You keep playing this pre alpha while the rest of the world plays real games

Newton_Ishii
05-24-2017, 11:53 PM
The game is gone, the only thing I can say about For Honor is:

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter…

CoyoteXStarrk
05-25-2017, 01:16 AM
You keep playing this pre alpha while the rest of the world plays real games

If I was having issues then yes it would be like playing a Pre-Alpha, but the game has never been more stable for me since Season 2 came out. And if you are referring to the imagined balance issues of the new heroes I am one of the few people who don't have any issues with them. I think they need a few tweaks, but overall they are balanced as far as I am concerned

BeefMan_
05-25-2017, 02:22 AM
If I was having issues then yes it would be like playing a Pre-Alpha, but the game has never been more stable for me since Season 2 came out. And if you are referring to the imagined balance issues of the new heroes I am one of the few people who don't have any issues with them. I think they need a few tweaks, but overall they are balanced as far as I am concerned

You seem to think that what is true for you is true for literally everyone else
The opposite is the case

BeefMan_
05-25-2017, 02:23 AM
Double post

CoyoteXStarrk
05-25-2017, 02:36 AM
You seem to think that what is true for you is true for literally everyone else
The opposite is the case

No I never said that I was mainly saying that for ME its not a Pre-Alpha like he was saying, but the same is true for you as well just so you know. I play with the same 5-6 guys every week and they are having minimal issues just like me, and in the vast majority of my matches I rarely see anyone disconnect. I see lots of rage-quitting, but very few disconnects.

Is everyone doing just fine? No of course not.

Is everyone having horrendous connections issues? No not everyone.

The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Mia.Nora
05-25-2017, 02:46 AM
No one is saying there were no improvements.

But if you say game is stable now, the way other games are; you are just blatantly lying.
Even if you never have any disconnects yourself, I dont believe for a second that noone in your games disconnect ever. Because even in the games I dont DC, I see lots of people dropping out suddenly for no reason at all (winning or just running towards objective then *puff* replaced by bot)

razabak10mm
05-25-2017, 02:53 AM
Let's say that the truth is in fact in the middle.

That is still horrendous. Like really super bad. I've had more errors/DCs in one night of playing For Honor than I've had with all the other games I've ever played combined.

For me I still play it because I love the game. But if anyone is on the fence, it might be enough to go to something else.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-25-2017, 03:14 AM
Let's say that the truth is in fact in the middle.

That is still horrendous. Like really super bad. I've had more errors/DCs in one night of playing For Honor than I've had with all the other games I've ever played combined.

For me I still play it because I love the game. But if anyone is on the fence, it might be enough to go to something else.

And honestly I wish they would.

They are free to come back at any time.

razabak10mm
05-25-2017, 04:18 AM
I think your masters at Ubisoft would disagree with you. They probably want people to, you know, play their game.

SlyRam
07-10-2017, 03:24 AM
Making the state of the game dependent on a host was moronic. Too many plebeian children rage quit when they are losing. You can never win unless the winning team is the same as the one the host is on.

Rikuto01.tv
07-10-2017, 04:53 AM
I also have a Xbox and I have great WiFi. I played for a hour and half one day and wasn't able to finish one match. Most of the time it was from players quitting. It ruined the game for me.

Any complaint you could possibly have was made illegitimate the moment you mentioned using wifi.

Stop ruining the internet and buy some damn cables.

Dude_of_Valor
07-10-2017, 09:35 AM
I play on xbox. Every time I go to play a Dominion match (I have played very few and want to give it a whirl) sadly I am disconnected. The whole connection really does seem flaky, especially if someone quits!

As for fighting 1v1 or brawls, generally the connection is very good for me.

Legacy_Zealot
07-10-2017, 10:11 AM
I don't have crazy fast internet, but I do have internet that is stable and is fine for all other games I play. For example R6S, GOW 4 and so on. But I literally cannot play dominion without someone leaving or migrating host then DC. Horrendous game lag then DC. DC before game starts and so on. Its honestly unacceptable for a game to have been out this long and have connectivity issues like this in 2017. Especially after an alpha. I' not going to accept their 'beta' as a true beta, it was a deceptive sales pitch. I honestly cant buy Ubisoft products any more. When I see a game and think 'wow' this looks pretty sick. I then see the Ubi logo and do a 180 and decide I'm not buying it. I'm sure I am not the only one that feels that way, in fact I know I'm not. But do the devs know? Probably. But they must be some of the most ignorant devs in recent years :(

rastassin
07-10-2017, 10:59 AM
Since 3 days now (new armor set arrived) on Playstation the connection is horrible!! 85% of matches are disconnecting with 000600018 error code mostly. It was good (not perfect) before, and had nothing changed on my side. Lan cable, NAT Type2 (ingame Green), reseted router many times, DMZ on, uPnP on.

Ubi-Swaguchi
07-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Hey Warriors!

We really appreciate all the comments and feedback here regarding the state of console play. There's a lot of information for us to digest here, but rest assured that this is a top priority for us and we want to get this resolved efficiently, correctly and most importantly as quickly as possible so that you can get the best experience

For those who may not have tried it already, we do have a couple of FAQs that might help you with connectivity issues for PS4 (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000025960/Connection-issue-in-For-Honor-on-PS4) and Xbox One (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000025961/Connection-issue-in-For-Honor-on-Xbox-One).

If there any REALLY weird and specific consistent issues occurring (for example if everytime the Warden activates Revenge it causes a disconnect on PS4) then please let us know so we can look into it in more detail.

Thanks again for your insight

- Ubi-Swaguchi

EDG_Avocado
07-10-2017, 04:12 PM
game itself is unacceptable.
Good scam ubisoft