PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

Sincerity117
05-23-2017, 02:26 PM
Or does it seem like the orochi hits like a truck now with the new stat changes? I hopped on my rep 4 yesterday after spending a week of messing around with the new characters and with just a few gear tweaks I was walking in to dominion and skirmish matches going like 17-3 and 24-1 no sweat. Could have possibly been though that I was fighting against a lot of cents and shinobi players.

Charmzzz
05-23-2017, 02:34 PM
Why should they do more Damage than before the patch? The Stat-Curve went from a 45 angle to a logarithmic function, so higher gear levels (purple+) are not that far away from blue anymore.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ALx0aVHhjiKRxigh_NpWiVTgc8P_rWWI8ugRV_PX-o/edit#gid=819529794

Have a look at the spread sheet, all gear stats are listed. I went for:
- ATK 14,7% with 17,5% DefPen and -49,1% BlockDmg
- +0,6% Def because I prefer highest Stamina Cost reduction and 2nd highest Stamina Regeneration which comes with a -7,4% Def penalty

Concerning the patch notes there wasn't any change to the Orochi.

CandleInTheDark
05-23-2017, 02:47 PM
I doubt they do more damage but gear stats might have something to do with it. My pk build pre patch was tanky, got me a few extra hits, but now defence penetration is a thing, against some characters it is less so, you likely got hit by an orochi with a high score in that.

Sincerity117
05-23-2017, 04:01 PM
I doubt they do more damage but gear stats might have something to do with it. My pk build pre patch was tanky, got me a few extra hits, but now defence penetration is a thing, against some characters it is less so, you likely got hit by an orochi with a high score in that.

I was speaking of my own orochi, but then again I abuse the hell out of the slip through feat. Pk's are another thing too like I know when they would land a heavy before it was good damage, but for some reason now it seems like if they get a heavy off in a combo it's like you got hit by a train Haha

CandleInTheDark
05-23-2017, 04:30 PM
I was speaking of my own orochi, but then again I abuse the hell out of the slip through feat. Pk's are another thing too like I know when they would land a heavy before it was good damage, but for some reason now it seems like if they get a heavy off in a combo it's like you got hit by a train Haha

Slip through is a must take feat for shinobi as well, if they are decent enough at managing their stamina they don't need a boost on successful attacks, so some of them might hit you hard.

Sincerity117
05-23-2017, 05:05 PM
Slip through is a must take feat for shinobi as well, if they are decent enough at managing their stamina they don't need a boost on successful attacks, so some of them might hit you hard.

Yea that's true too I never use the stamina on successful attacks feat just the health one. Kinda sucks I was really excited about the centurion hitting like a train too but he can only combo into that damage, but anyone with half a brain can dodge his kick and charged unblockables as well as parry his forward leap heavy. Honestly easiest class to kill as shinobi is the centurion since the shinobi can counter pretty much everything he does

T_Sesh
05-23-2017, 05:44 PM
Centurions and Shinobi have two of the lowest health pools in the game, even lower than PK, so if you feel like you're hitting harder, that's most likely why. Especially easy now with all thew new people who don't really know how to play them yet.

Supercool5150
05-24-2017, 07:31 PM
Or does it seem like the orochi hits like a truck now with the new stat changes? I hopped on my rep 4 yesterday after spending a week of messing around with the new characters and with just a few gear tweaks I was walking in to dominion and skirmish matches going like 17-3 and 24-1 no sweat. Could have possibly been though that I was fighting against a lot of cents and shinobi players.

It could be a mix with all of the changes, but yes I would have to say my Orochi does feel like he hits like a truck. Once the defense stats vs. def pen plus whatever else gets figured out people will change stats accordingly and then Orochi attacks may normalize. But for now, I'm not complaining...I'm just enjoying the quicker kills.

Until people start screaming to nerf him.

Graci0us
05-24-2017, 09:00 PM
It's just a guess, but i feel the stat changes could make a huge difference in this case. Though, not in the way you may think i'm going with it. I think ppl are having to make harder stat choices now, forcing us to really sacrifice, which isn't bad.