PDA

View Full Version : (Feedback) Large Video Complitation of broken tracking (+ other bugs) Post yours too!

SerArthur-Dayne
05-23-2017, 11:48 AM
I Just wanted to make a thread showcasing the issue of attacks "Heatseeking" players despite dodging, and a few other related bugs I think need addressing.

In the first Video, I have complied some of my clips just from playing today, where the tracking either changed direction to catch me after a full or double dodge, OR a hit that got me mid dodge. Some of the clips may be questionable as to wether I should have gotton hit, but im confident most of these are good examples of the broken system since the last major patch.

Some of the clips are showcasing the pointlessness of shinobis backflip, because it has no Invincibility frames, Shinobis deflect not working, Shinobi being grabbed mid-roll, and A few at the end showing Shinobis lack of revenge defence.

I think all characters tracking is currently a little bugged, but this just happens to be more prevalent & noticable on Centurion.

Feel free to post your clips of broken tracking, or discuss. To make your video appear in the thread, use the "insert video" Icon on the second line of the toolbar in your post, and copy the youtube link into it. Cheers.

https://youtu.be/L6QJSHhPb40

SirCorrino
05-23-2017, 12:30 PM
You are supposed to be able to GB mid-roll. A lot of the tracking is pretty normal too (less than 45 degrees either side) or within range (the Valk charge).

Some of it is clearly ridiculous, though. Especially the Centurion.

Here's a video I've compiled with some silly tracking too:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=_CBTZqQtA20

Rauhm
05-23-2017, 12:39 PM
your video = yes and no you cant get deflect on unblockable never could.... and alot of your side dash's that your trying to get deflects on your doing them way earlier and same with cent kicks i agree with the revenge but thats really about it

SerArthur-Dayne
05-23-2017, 01:40 PM
your video = yes and no you cant get deflect on unblockable never could.... and alot of your side dash's that your trying to get deflects on your doing them way earlier and same with cent kicks i agree with the revenge but thats really about it

The reason im doing them earlier is because im not going for deflects, just dodges. (Only deflect I went for in this was when I was cornered, and that wasnt on an unblockable, yet it made the deflect noise but I didnt move anywhere)

So your saying you think every single dodge in this clip deserved to be hit? Like.. The first clip I dodged a full 270 degrees around nobushis light poke and it still tracked me around and got me! lol

Egotistic_Ez
05-23-2017, 01:46 PM
The cent and shinobi have the nerf dodged roll that wasn't supposed to be released yet. Roman confirmed this in the last warrior's den. It'll either be fixed next patch or everyone else will be nerfed as well.

And tracking happens because each player runs their own version of the game then updates the other clients, so not all players are actually in the same location for everyone else. What looks legit and directly in front to them looks like homing bs to others. This is especially noticeable on the shinobi because of how much distance he can cover with dodges. The only way to remove this is a complete rework of the P2P system.

EDIT - Although for the record, some of those, like the raider at 3:40ish, are just you getting hit with no or minimal tracking.

EDIT 2 - And yes, centurion CC is bs vs revenge, especially vs no hp shinobi. Unless you use it as a parry the animation actually kills you.

SirCorrino
05-23-2017, 02:01 PM
And tracking happens because each player runs their own version of the game then updates the other clients, so not all players are actually in the same location for everyone else. What looks legit and directly in front to them looks like homing bs to others..

No, the tracking looks ******** on their screen too. Take a look at the 5:00 mark on this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rfr_y6hXpHI
You can literally see me do a full 180 to catch the running Orochi. That just should not happen.

OokiireteHoshii
05-23-2017, 06:18 PM
Most of the time you dodge a bit early, and that's when tracking works at best. however the 180 degrees were a little bs. Maybe grab a friend and ask him to help you with some tests.