PDA

View Full Version : Shugoki Rework? Any Suggestions?

TSCDescon
05-23-2017, 06:42 AM
I love the Shugoki, but I think big guy needs a new rework of some sort. Any suggestions?

CoyoteXStarrk
05-23-2017, 06:44 AM
He doesn't need a rework.

He just needs more combo options.

Mia.Nora
05-23-2017, 07:01 AM
He needs to enroll for a weight loss programme.

Seriously that dodge is sad :(

RenegadeRasta
05-23-2017, 07:06 AM

Seriously that dodge is sad :(

Shu's dodge is fine. He can sidestep Centurion's kick, Shinobi's ranged heavy, and Valk's sweep with no problem.

RenegadeRasta
05-23-2017, 07:29 AM
I think he should have a second light attack. Like a punch or something.

Egotistic_Ez
05-23-2017, 07:48 AM

Except that would break half his executions, lol.

Enjolras_ABC
05-23-2017, 08:01 AM
I love the Shugoki, but I think big guy needs a new rework of some sort. Any suggestions?

I suggested this before in my thread:

In the last warrior's den Roman talked about some upcoming balances to the samurai classes (please look at 01:09:45 in the stream) but he didn't mention SHUGOKI. The last nerf Shugoki had made him a weak duelist because of his lack of moves. I just want SHUGOKI to have equal attention from the devs as other samurais.

Here is my suggestion for a Shugoki rework:

1- Change how Shugoki's headbutt works, make it like nobushi's kick where he can connect chains. Note that headbutt still stuns the opponent but is totally dodgeable.

So the combos should be like:

Light>Headbutt>Heavy
Heavy>Headbutt>Heavy

2- Make the second heavy chargable: Heavy>Charged Heavy / Light>Charged Heavy (you can also do this: Heavy>Headbutt>Charged Heavy or Light> Headbutt>Charged Heavy )

3- Shugoki can HEADBUTT when he dodges in front (like WL headbutt but slow enough to be dodgeable). HEADBUTT initiates chains.

4- Hyper armor can only be obtained by landing a HEADBUTT

5- His HEAVY attacks are now hyper armored just like WL (NOT SURE ABOUT THİS ONE)

6-
ALLOW ONI CHARGE TO KNOCK DOWN OOS OPPONENTS. You could keep the stamina cost high so the Shugoki can only do it once before the opponent has recovered their stamina. It couldn't be spammed, and it would give Shugoki a powerful mix-up against OOS opponents, something he sorely needs.

( I liked this idea that giantbeardedone came up with).

NERFS:

1- Hyper armor no longer regenerates it can be obtained.

2- Shugoki no longer one shots the opponent with his demons embrace

EXECUTİON IDEA:

Shugoki drops his weapon and slaps his opponent very hard which sends him/her flying like LB's execution. (only slapping is allowed in sumo wrestling.)

kweassa1917
05-23-2017, 08:02 AM
Shugoki problems and suggested buffs/tweaks
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1673489-Devs-Shugoki-problems-and-suggested-buffs-tweaks

1. Slow heavies need to be protected

● SUGGESTION: Whether or not the Shugok UI shield is active, like the Warlord, all Shugoki heavies MUST be protected by UI.

2. Stamina cost much too high for all skills

● SUGGESTION: Please lower the average stamina cost of skills by a fair amount.

3. Tweak to the headbutt in regards of stamina effect

● SUGGESTION: Please add 2.0 ~ 2.7s stamina regeneration block to the headbutt

4. Tweaks to Oni Charge

● SUGGESTION1: Remove stamina regen block.

● SUGGESTION2: Adjust the ledge-stagger mechanic, so if an Oni Charge slams into someone near a ledge, that someone falls down the ledge correctly

● SUGGESTION3: Allow a smooth transition into normal sprint when Oni Charge ends

5. Demon's EmbraceTweaks

● SUGGESTION1: normalize damage to approximately around 1 heavy attack

● SUGGESTION2: remove self-HP damage on fail

6. Mix-ups: Charged-heavies in combos, Headbutts in combos

● SUGGESTION1: let charged heavies be used in 2nd attack of "Bone Crusher" and "Bash&Smash"

● SUGGESTION2: let headbutt activate off from 2nd attack of "Bone Crusher" and "Bash&Smash" hit

● SUGGESTION3: let headbutt activate off from a Charged heavy hit

● SUGGESTION4: let headbutt reduce -2.0s of UI-shield replenishment on hit.

7. Feats: lackluster or buggy

● SUGGESTION1: Throw Farther: Replace with standard "Body Count"

● SUGGESTION2: Rocksteady: Rework -- passive, immune to most knockdowns(physical striking types) -- but not "lifting/grapple" types (ie. Lawbringer flip, Shugoki Demon's Embrace, Raider Stampede Charge, etc..), move to T4, since it's a very powerful passive. .

● SUGGESTION3: Regeneration: Switch with reworked Rocksteady and move to T2, change into a standard stamina reduction feat ("Tireless")

● SUGGESTION4: Staggering Blow: Rework -- heavy attacks knock opponent down on hit, heavy attacks stagger opponent on block, heavy attacks stagger opponent on parry (both parried Shugoki and parrying opponent are staggered), increase cooldown since it's a very powerful active feat

CaynAldan
05-23-2017, 08:20 AM
I suggested this before in my thread:

In the last warrior's den Roman talked about some upcoming balances to the samurai classes (please look at 01:09:45 in the stream) but he didn't mention SHUGOKI. The last nerf Shugoki had made him a weak duelist because of his lack of moves. I just want SHUGOKI to have equal attention from the devs as other samurais.

Here is my suggestion for a Shugoki rework:

1- Change how Shugoki's headbutt works, make it like nobushi's kick where he can connect chains. Note that headbutt still stuns the opponent but is totally dodgeable.

So the combos should be like:

Light>Headbutt>Heavy
Heavy>Headbutt>Heavy

2- Make the second heavy chargable: Heavy>Charged Heavy / Light>Charged Heavy (you can also do this: Heavy>Headbutt>Charged Heavy or Light> Headbutt>Charged Heavy )

3- Shugoki can HEADBUTT when he dodges in front (like WL headbutt but slow enough to be dodgeable). HEADBUTT initiates chains.

4- Hyper armor can only be obtained by landing a HEADBUTT

5- His HEAVY attacks are now hyper armored just like WL (NOT SURE ABOUT THİS ONE)

6-
( I liked this idea that giantbeardedone came up with).

NERFS:

1- Hyper armor no longer regenerates it can be obtained.

2- Shugoki no longer one shots the opponent with his demons embrace

EXECUTİON IDEA:

Shugoki drops his weapon and slaps his opponent very hard which sends him/her flying like LB's execution. (only slapping is allowed in sumo wrestling.)

Sorry, but it seems like you have Warlod 2.0 for shugoki.
Shugoki is fine, just a bit too stamina user.

I just make headbutt chainable with blocks, but still dodgeable to give them a bit of mix-up.

Illyrian_King
05-23-2017, 10:55 AM
Just fix this stupid insta-kill-hug!

All the other things are fine

Warbyte-
05-23-2017, 11:55 AM
On 1v1 he is fine if plays smart but when ganked,even by 2...he is mostly doomed.His hyperarmor protects only so far with the extra damage yo go down in seconds(shoves,kicks,bashes all interupt you).His revenge is buged i think beacuse just now i activated it while 3 player where about to hit me....surprise,no knockdown again,all 3 hits land on me and i am dead before the animation is even over.His hyperarmor is overrated,just one guard break and you can spam the life out of me very fast since i take more damage than normal.and i dont want to get to 1v3 or whatever,someone always has a shove kick or something that unbalances me which makes it impossible to hit someone ,i cant dodge and hit so i just try to block anything i can in hope that someone will come to my aid.The stamina pool is very bad,could be made a little more to keep up the fight.
conclusion:Shugoki is ok on 1v1 but more than that he is exposed to every kind of danger.short stamina,extra damage after hyper goes off,slow attacks that are parried easily,my only option is to gank people which i dont like it,resulting me in getting ganked and die often.
He needs buffs to be balanced comparing to more mobile heroes