PDA

View Full Version : For Honor a "Skill" Based game !

XxHunterHxX
05-22-2017, 09:47 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08AalEHeOlQ

Yeah skill based game ! The skill to push people off better that is ! Relly who cares about gs/prestige/fast reactions/gb/parry/etc when you can just push people off and like he says in the video if it was not a good ideea they wold have not add it to the game !

DrinkinMyStella
05-22-2017, 09:54 AM
good idea or not its still annoying as hell. That's the problem with the turtles wait for parry then free GB and cliff throw, tbh its easy kills and i don't like it but it is what it is so ill just accept it.

Jarl.Felix
05-22-2017, 10:17 AM
As a conqueror I always use ledges but warlord's "come with me bro let's walk a mile so I can throw you off this ledge" is completely********.

Charmzzz
05-22-2017, 10:28 AM
What I saw in that video was probably the lowest skill bracket of players. Not one guaranteed GB off a Parry, rarely a CGB. I don't get ledged alot, but when I do I messed up my positioning and the opponent did a good parry (so probably I failed to be unpredictive). I never get guardbroken from neutral anymore.

Throw distance is not on gear anymore. This video was recorded before the latest patch, so the travel distance of the Warlord throw is not that far anymore I guess?

XxHunterHxX
05-22-2017, 10:55 AM
Its not about the distance and stuff its about how ez it is to push a person off so why bother learning caracters and stuff when you can just shove people off i understand spikes but when you die like on the new map in a puddle......thats just stupid....

Antonioj26
05-22-2017, 11:53 AM
Its not about the distance and stuff its about how ez it is to push a person off so why bother learning caracters and stuff when you can just shove people off i understand spikes but when you die like on the new map in a puddle......thats just stupid....

Because pushing people off Will only get you so far. It's not uncommon that I'll be stomping someone so hard in duels that their only recourse is throwing me off a ledge. I rarely let it happen but even if they get me once that's only one round, they need two more and I'm not going to let them do it a second time.

Good players don't get ledged often.

Gray360UK
05-22-2017, 12:01 PM
Just got to say I love this video, I'm at work and watching it when the boss isn't look, and trying not to laugh out loud is a bit of a challenge ;)

kweassa1917
05-22-2017, 12:27 PM
Because pushing people off Will only get you so far. It's not uncommon that I'll be stomping someone so hard in duels that their only recourse is throwing me off a ledge. I rarely let it happen but even if they get me once that's only one round, they need two more and I'm not going to let them do it a second time.

Good players don't get ledged often.

Get the hint, Antonio. These people don't care.

They've hitched on to the hate-train that set off with season2 and it's now their chance to dump every "git gud" or "L2P" problem they've had for ages and blame everything on the game and its devs -- even when the chances are the problem they're facing is most like irrelevant to what season2 brought.

It's not one or two things about balance that ticks them off like you or I discuss -- it's just an abstract "I hate everything until I win" mentality.

Don't expect much from these people, m8.

SnugglesIV
05-22-2017, 12:37 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08AalEHeOlQ

Yeah skill based game ! The skill to push people off better that is ! Relly who cares about gs/prestige/fast reactions/gb/parry/etc when you can just push people off and like he says in the video if it was not a good ideea they wold have not add it to the game !

Thanks for the video mate. This was actually hilarious. Subbed straight away.

Charmzzz
05-22-2017, 01:08 PM

I am sorry to tell you that you are just not good enough in this game. I can prove it: https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/CV_Eviler/heroes

You do not even have a positive KD-Ratio. Means you are killed more often than you kill somebody. And that as a PK and Warden Main who are Top Tier from the beginning.

In comparison my Stats (same platform -> PC): https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Charmzzz/heroes

And I do not even consider myself as "really good".

XxHunterHxX
05-22-2017, 01:08 PM
What I saw in that video was probably the lowest skill bracket of players. Not one guaranteed GB off a Parry, rarely a CGB. I don't get ledged alot, but when I do I messed up my positioning and the opponent did a good parry (so probably I failed to be unpredictive). I never get guardbroken from neutral anymore.

Throw distance is not on gear anymore. This video was recorded before the latest patch, so the travel distance of the Warlord throw is not that far anymore I guess?

Ok then how about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kmw9fzHKXg&list=PLn-q3RuL2Mvgn4HoMDIoxx5S7uSFD2kZz&index=2

Antonioj26
05-22-2017, 01:11 PM
Get the hint, Antonio. These people don't care.

They've hitched on to the hate-train that set off with season2 and it's now their chance to dump every "git gud" or "L2P" problem they've had for ages and blame everything on the game and its devs -- even when the chances are the problem they're facing is most like irrelevant to what season2 brought.

It's not one or two things about balance that ticks them off like you or I discuss -- it's just an abstract "I hate everything until I win" mentality.

Don't expect much from these people, m8.

Yeah but I don't want them to infect others with this crappy mentality. Skill seems to be underrated in this community and it's a shame.

Antonioj26
05-22-2017, 01:21 PM
Ok then how about this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kmw9fzHKXg&list=PLn-q3RuL2Mvgn4HoMDIoxx5S7uSFD2kZz&index=2

Is this video suppose to counter charmz argument that bad players are bad? Because it only reinforces it.

XxHunterHxX
05-22-2017, 01:32 PM
I am sorry to tell you that you are just not good enough in this game. I can prove it: https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/CV_Eviler/heroes

You do not even have a positive KD-Ratio. Means you are killed more often than you kill somebody. And that as a PK and Warden Main who are Top Tier from the beginning.

In comparison my Stats (same platform -> PC): https://fhtracker.com/profile/pc/Charmzzz/heroes

And I do not even consider myself as "really good".

Gj you ir amazing and o yeah i relly dont give a ****... and not shure you realize but i have 400 kills with PK you have 6000 that proves you playd a **** load more then me while i stoped afther 10 crashes and 5 d/c's i only came back to this game now that they added a PK male version

SirCorrino
05-22-2017, 01:47 PM
That ledge video was absolutely hilarious. These guys are my heroes.

Antonioj26
05-22-2017, 01:51 PM
Gj you ir amazing and o yeah i relly dont give a ****... and not shure you realize but i have 400 kills with PK you have 6000 that proves you playd a **** load more then me while i stoped afther 10 crashes and 5 d/c's i only came back to this game now that they added a PK male version

Pk male version..... lol. This dude is just way too much for me. Without a doubt the worst player I've seen while simultaneously preaching to git gud and now this?

Neversetdrums
05-22-2017, 02:13 PM
Showing these videos doesn't prove anything. Kaif doesn't claim to be good at the game. He doesn't even TRY to parry. He makes these videos just for fun. He also makes WoW videos of them just doing stuff for the lulz. He's quite transparent in his videos, that he plays on the ledge like this because............here's a novel idea..........it's FUN to him. He doesn't care about W/L, K/D or any of that stuff. It's just a fun past time for him, and he and his mates get a good chuckle. Some of you really need to get off your pedestal and go outside.

Antonioj26
05-22-2017, 03:00 PM
Showing these videos doesn't prove anything. Kaif doesn't claim to be good at the game. He doesn't even TRY to parry. He makes these videos just for fun. He also makes WoW videos of them just doing stuff for the lulz. He's quite transparent in his videos, that he plays on the ledge like this because............here's a novel idea..........it's FUN to him. He doesn't care about W/L, K/D or any of that stuff. It's just a fun past time for him, and he and his mates get a good chuckle. Some of you really need to get off your pedestal and go outside.

None of us said that he was trying to be good, we are saying that this isn't proof that ledges beat out skill like the OP claims.

Antonioj26
05-22-2017, 03:01 PM
everyone forgets the raiders long throw distance too,...

I don't think anyone forgets that.

Neversetdrums
05-22-2017, 03:04 PM
None of us said that he was trying to be good, we are saying that this isn't proof that ledges beat out skill like the OP claims.

I think we're saying the same thing. I play like that at times too. I don't claim to be skilled. But I do claim to have a blast.

Antonioj26
05-22-2017, 03:08 PM
I think we're saying the same thing. I play like that at times too. I don't claim to be skilled. But I do claim to have a blast.

Sorry it sounded like it have gone either way in your initial post until I saw the word "pedastal" which I typically Assosciate that with being Above everyone in skill and preaching to others that they suck.

RiftHunter4
05-22-2017, 03:27 PM
Turtling a ledger is fun until your GB gets rejected and you fall backwards off your ledge. It's hilarious to see.