PDA

View Full Version : Timeouts Online

R_Mutt
03-04-2004, 08:05 AM
A lot of people were having trouble with this online last night. You join a server and are almost immediately exit for "timeout" issues.

When I originally installed AEP I saved my previous conf settings file as well as user/paintschemes, etc. After installation I copied back over the conf file and others. When I started receiving timeouts on every server I went back after trying many other things and looked at the conf file. The [net] settings had changed from my previous default conf file, so I copied the net settings back in and was able to fly for a couple hours on VFC Host without getting the boot.

This obviously isn't to scientific in terms of tech help, but perhaps someone has more information on the timeout issue and why people might be getting it.

R_Mutt
03-04-2004, 08:05 AM
A lot of people were having trouble with this online last night. You join a server and are almost immediately exit for "timeout" issues.

When I originally installed AEP I saved my previous conf settings file as well as user/paintschemes, etc. After installation I copied back over the conf file and others. When I started receiving timeouts on every server I went back after trying many other things and looked at the conf file. The [net] settings had changed from my previous default conf file, so I copied the net settings back in and was able to fly for a couple hours on VFC Host without getting the boot.

This obviously isn't to scientific in terms of tech help, but perhaps someone has more information on the timeout issue and why people might be getting it.

R_Mutt
03-04-2004, 09:19 AM
*bump*

anybody?

JG26Red
03-04-2004, 09:21 AM
oleg basically called me a cheater or said i was not connecting to a AEP server when i asked in other room, i changed the settings like you, ivan checked my, they all seem ok... so basically, i dont think where gonna get a professional response from oleg, i wouldnt waste time calling tech support.. i did this morning, they seemed rather lost.. lol