PDA

View Full Version : Teamwork!!!!

JordanGed
05-21-2017, 08:24 PM
What is it about the people who play this game?

When playing 4v4 dominion, why does nobody seem to understand that holding zones and sticking together means winning?

I try my best to hold down a single zone but everybody else is so intent on running around the map and trying to get kills (90% of the time they run into the full team and get slaughtered) instead of playing the objective.

Once they're all killed, all 4 of the enemy team will then try to push forward to take the zone I'm trying to hold and destroy me within seconds, while the rest of the team waits to respawn. They then all go off and do their own thing and end up dying.

YOU GET MORE POINTS WHEN HOLDING A ZONE!!!

4v4 is NOT a series of 1v1 duels.

Also as a side note, please read the messages! The amount of times I say group at at zone (x) and am left to defend it on my own is unbelievable.

Antonioj26
05-21-2017, 08:51 PM

When playing 4v4 dominion, why does nobody seem to understand that holding zones and sticking together means winning?

I try my best to hold down a single zone but everybody else is so intent on running around the map and trying to get kills (90% of the time they run into the full team and get slaughtered) instead of playing the objective.

Once they're all killed, all 4 of the enemy team will then try to push forward to take the zone I'm trying to hold and destroy me within seconds, while the rest of the team waits to respawn. They then all go off and do their own thing and end up dying.

Also as a side note, please read the messages! The amount of times I say group at at zone (x) and am left to defend it on my own is unbelievable.

What's worse is when you are dead but not executed next two teammates fighting to get the final blow while they both are on a couple bars rather than rezing me and of course they end up giving him revenge followed by both of them dying to a zone attack. Absolutely infuriating.

UbiNoty
05-21-2017, 10:44 PM
I think the dominion strategies and meta just needs a bit more time to develop and finally be adopted by the overall community. Hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later - but if I think back to other moba's, their early days were very disorganized and player-selfish as well :D

Players in dominion will learn over time. Teach them. Be a meta-maker and if it wins games, it will propagate.

Sir_rage_quit
05-21-2017, 10:47 PM
I think the dominion strategies and meta just needs a bit more time to develop and finally be adopted by the overall community. Hopefully this will happen sooner rather than later - but if I think back to other moba's, their early days were very disorganized and player-selfish as well :D

Players in dominion will learn over time. Teach them. Be a meta-maker and if it wins games, it will propagate.

good luck in the pug world for that .... -_-

RealJayDee1984
05-22-2017, 01:23 AM
In one match I made it my mission to hold the zone close to our starting point, and my team mates mostly only got into fights in the middle or elsewhere. Occasionally we'd get the other team's zone, but that'd be gone again rather soon. At about the halfway point of the match two of the guys from "my team" started to make it a point to stop by the zone I was holding everytime they respawned, attack me for a bit, and spam "GO". That was very pleasant and constructive. :rolleyes:

kweassa1917
05-22-2017, 01:30 AM

Actually, holding zones is a waste of manpower by doing nothing.
It has specific purpose as a tactic -- but by no means to be considered a norm.

The key to domination type PvP format is, and ever has been, mobility in the tactical scale. Everyone needs to be on the move, fulfill an objective, and then immediately get back on the move to help/support other places. Never allow your teammate to be outnumbered, and in turn, always try and move to outnumber the enemy in scattered fights.

Standing at the side zone alone and jerking off to how good a 1v1, 1v2 duelist you are means jackshi* when the enemy team ignores you, kills off other 3 members of your team elsewhere while you do nothing to help them, and then all of them come to you when you are left alone.

So, start running.

JordanGed
05-22-2017, 01:30 AM
The game has been out for months now. You'd think it would've caught on that rushing in is only gonna get you killed 😂

Mia.Nora
05-22-2017, 01:34 AM

Without ranked mode people wont care about meta.

Without 100% fixing connectivity issues there will be no ranked mode.

Without Dedicated Servers, connectivity issues will never be fixed.

With Ubi being so cheap, we will never have dedicated servers.

So in short, we will never have the meta developed/embraced.

JordanGed
05-22-2017, 01:38 AM
I will counter that argument:

I suck at duels, always loose in 1v1 game modes. But when you're holding a zone and boosting points with your team, the enemy has no option but to try and attack you and they generally will have to be fighting from below; a lot of the control points are elevated.

It's not jerking off because you're holding down a zone, which gains points for the team.

Sure if somebody needs help then by all means go and help, but not at the expense of the controll point, which is the objective of the game mode.

kweassa1917
05-22-2017, 02:07 AM
The game has been out for months now. You'd think it would've caught on that rushing in is only gonna get you killed ��

So you don't know the difference between "rushing" and "being on the move". :rolleyes:

OK. Note to self -- don't preach NFL tactics and formations to preschool-league.

I suck at duels, always loose in 1v1 game modes. But when you're holding a zone and boosting points with your team, the enemy has no option but to try and attack you and they generally will have to be fighting from below; a lot of the control points are elevated.

So what's stopping the enemy team from just ignoring your people on that zone, and getting the other 2 zones while you do your leisurely picnic "boosting" points... and then, coming to the zone you're "boosting" to contest it and stop point generation?

Willpower?

kweassa1917
05-22-2017, 02:09 AM
DBL PST, sorry

JordanGed
05-22-2017, 03:22 AM
So you don't know the difference between "rushing" and "being on the move". :rolleyes:

OK. Note to self -- don't preach NFL tactics and formations to preschool-league.

I'm Scottish mate, NFL means about as much here as a tattie scone does in the US.

So what's stopping the enemy team from just ignoring your people on that zone, and getting the other 2 zones while you do your leisurely picnic "boosting" points... and then, coming to the zone you're "boosting" to contest it and stop point generation?

Willpower?

Because they get frustrated that they don't have all 3 points, forget about their other 2 and Rush forward, leaving one of your teammates to slip behind and grab one of the other 2.

My point is 2-3 hold one one captures.