PDA

View Full Version : I am worried about the current state and direction of For Honor

Sykoink
05-21-2017, 07:22 PM
So hear me out. I've been playing since the very beginning and i especially LOVE playing Dominion, leveling my characters and getting to rep 3 to finally get that higher tier gear and i had a blast in Season 1, i played my butt off (other word gets censured :cool:)

Point 1: Gear stats changes

So Season 2 was introduced with the new gear stats so that newer players or players that want to try a new character also have a better chance against high level gear characters. First, i think this was a mistake, sure its catering to the newer players but i really don't feel much of a difference between my high level gear and a character with common grey level gear which disappoints me personally because i loved to grind my way up to rep 3 in season 1 to finally get that high level gear and build my character up so i could hang with the big boys who also made the same effort and put a lot of steel into their gear. It's not that i need the advantage because i can easily play with a new character now and hang with the ''big boys'', and that is something i really don't like. It kind of feels like the gear is now more for the cool looks and just a little bit of a difference in how the lower and higher tier gear feels and performs.

Point 2: New characters / new direction of gameplay

I was really hyped about the new season and especially about the Centurion, because of his looks and background. So i was going to make him my main before i even knew if he was any good. But then i started playing him and sure at first i had loads of fun with him, i still do but even i have to admit now that some of his attacks are pretty ridiculous (uppercut/jab tracking) and the way he drains stamina BUT i don't want to discuss his moves in detail here. What i'm noticing is both new characters, especially the Centurion are focussed on breaking the ''turtle meta'' which i've read a lot about. So before i could hold down a zone with my higher gear heavy character, but now its almost impossible. A centurion jumps in or walks up while your fighting someone or multiple opponents and BOOM simple uppercut to the face and you fall down, get hit while your down by the attackers and you're dead. I'm almost rep 4 on my Centurion and i also do the same thing because this is his whole style and its highly effective (and cheap as hell) but i do think to myself damn this is getting pretty boring and its so very cheap to just uppercut everyone to the ground, take a big chunk of health away with the follow up jumping stab and people are not able to block it. 1 on 1 sure, you can dodge it but im Dominion where there are multiple attackers, nope. Too chaotic.

My point is, sure this makes for less defensive play but now its like you lack so much control over the battles in Dominion. Gear stats don't really make a difference anymore now so getting ganked is even harder to defend, ok i can live with that but on top of that everybody gets dropped to the ground and stunned and cc'ed and in my opinion that really takes no skill at all. It's fun for the new people, for the people who have less skill and can rely on a crutch like that but before in Season 1 the battles were actually exciting most of the times.

I'm getting the feeling For Honor is drifting away from the slower realistic act-react kind of fighting style which is always harder for the newer players or players with less skill and is going towards a mainstream faster pace arcade style where its easier for everyone. The gear stats changes caters to new/less skilled players. The better players didn't have any real issues with leveling up a new character if you know the base mechanics of the game. New characters caters to new/less skilled players by making the game faster paced and easier to play in Dominion in my experience. I find Centurion for example way to easy to play with (especially in Dominion) and if there is another Centurion on my team, oh boy....

I've also read that people said, well other characters have ways to get you to the ground in Dominion fights (Valkyrie's sweep, Shugokis demon embrace for example) But these are actually easier to defend, its almost impossible to defend a super fast and hard kick coming out of nowhere followed up by a uppercut that sends you flying to the ground followed by a flying stab and other free hits from another player or players.

Lol this is a pretty big text but i needed this to get it off my chest. I'm a little disappointed to see the game going in a whole different direction and i recognize its very much catering to the new players and less skilled players, it sounds harsh but this happens in quite a few games. :(

Antonioj26
05-21-2017, 07:28 PM
So hear me out. I've been playing since the very beginning and i especially LOVE playing Dominion, leveling my characters and getting to rep 3 to finally get that higher tier gear and i had a blast in Season 1, i played my butt off (other word gets censured :cool:)

Point 1: Gear stats changes

So Season 2 was introduced with the new gear stats so that newer players or players that want to try a new character also have a better chance against high level gear characters. First, i think this was a mistake, sure its catering to the newer players but i really don't feel much of a difference between my high level gear and a character with common grey level gear which disappoints me personally because i loved to grind my way up to rep 3 in season 1 to finally get that high level gear and build my character up so i could hang with the big boys who also made the same effort and put a lot of steel into their gear. It's not that i need the advantage because i can easily play with a new character now and hang with the ''big boys'', and that is something i really don't like. It kind of feels like the gear is now more for the cool looks and just a little bit of a difference in how the lower and higher tier gear feels and performs.

Point 2: New characters / new direction of gameplay

I was really hyped about the new season and especially about the Centurion, because of his looks and background. So i was going to make him my main before i even knew if he was any good. But then i started playing him and sure at first i had loads of fun with him, i still do but even i have to admit now that some of his attacks are pretty ridiculous (uppercut/jab tracking) and the way he drains stamina BUT i don't want to discuss his moves in detail here. What i'm noticing is both new characters, especially the Centurion are focussed on breaking the ''turtle meta'' which i've read a lot about. So before i could hold down a zone with my higher gear heavy character, but now its almost impossible. A centurion jumps in or walks up while your fighting someone or multiple opponents and BOOM simple uppercut to the face and you fall down, get hit while your down by the attackers and you're dead. I'm almost rep 4 on my Centurion and i also do the same thing because this is his whole style and its highly effective (and cheap as hell) but i do think to myself damn this is getting pretty boring and its so very cheap to just uppercut everyone to the ground and see them get ganked not even able to block, or constantly kick them or charge the unblock able heavy etc.

My point is, sure this makes for less defensive play but now its like you lack so much control over the battles in Dominion. Gear stats don't really make a difference anymore now so getting ganked is even harder to defend, ok i can live with that but on top of that everybody gets dropped to the ground and stunned and cc'ed and in my opinion that really takes no skill at all. It's fun for the new people, for the people who have less skill and can rely on a crutch like that but before in Season 1 the battles were actually exciting most of the times.

I'm getting the feeling For Honor is drifting away from the slower realistic act-react kind of fighting style which is always harder for the newer players or players with less skill and is going towards a mainstream faster pace arcade style where its easier for everyone. The gear stats changes caters to new/less skilled players. The better players didn't have any real issues with leveling up a new character if you know the base mechanics of the game. New characters caters to new/less skilled players by making the game faster paced and easier to play in Dominion in my experience. I find Centurion for example way to easy to play with (especially in Dominion) and if there is another Centurion on my team, oh boy....

I've also read that people said, well other characters have ways to get you to the ground in Dominion fights (Valkyrie's sweep, Shugokis demon embrace for example) But these are actually easier to defend, its almost impossible to defend a super fast and hard kick coming out of nowhere followed up by a uppercut that sends you flying to the ground followed by a flying stab and other free hits from another player or players.

Lol this is a pretty big text but i needed this to get it off my chest. I'm a little disappointed to see the game going in a whole different direction and i recognize its very much catering to the new players and less skilled players, it sounds harsh but this happens in quite a few games. :(

Yeah it's pretty infuriating when they compare all these unblockables when they are drastically different. The kick can be initiated at any time and is 600ms and the punch after a heavy whether it connects or not. Valks needs two hits to connect to sweep and will also sweep her teammates that are trying to jump you and shugos hug is incredibly slow and telegraphed with a health penalty if he misses. Apples and oranges.

Netcode_err_404
05-21-2017, 08:07 PM
Yeah it's pretty infuriating when they compare all these unblockables when they are drastically different. The kick can be initiated at any time and is 600ms and the punch after a heavy whether it connects or not. Valks needs two hits to connect to sweep and will also sweep her teammates that are trying to jump you and shugos hug is incredibly slow and telegraphed with a health penalty if he misses. Apples and oranges.

Meanwhile kenseis need to connect a triple combo to do a slow useless top unblockable.

Yes i'd say for honor is pretty balanced right now.

4v4 is a total joke right now, the fact that 1 centurion can disbling you more than a shugoki and with twice the damage is curios and absurd at the same time

Lyskir
05-21-2017, 08:12 PM
cc is definitely to much now and all heroes with no unblockable spam are in an unadvantage in my opinion

Dizzy4213
05-21-2017, 08:15 PM
Meanwhile kenseis need to connect a triple combo to do a slow useless top unblockable.

Yes i'd say for honor is pretty balanced right now.

4v4 is a total joke right now, the fact that 1 centurion can disbling you more than a shugoki and with twice the damage is curios and absurd at the same time

Makes me sad as LB main that Centurion is better than all of the heroes classed as 'Disablers'. He's practically god of 4v4s at the moment. Add in his Phalanx Feat and it's game over. Especially if there are 4 of them on a team constantly rotating Phalanx to have a constant shield.

Netcode_err_404
05-21-2017, 08:20 PM
Makes me sad as LB main that Centurion is better than all of the heroes classed as 'Disablers'. He's practically god of 4v4s at the moment. Add in his Phalanx Feat and it's game over. Especially if there are 4 of them on a team constantly rotating Phalanx to have a constant shield.

LB is a joke as disabler anyway, but yes, centurion is by far better than lb and valk.

Not sure about shugoki, but, well without the oni cheese run, ( now shinobis have it LOL) they are not so worrying.

Sir_rage_quit
05-21-2017, 08:24 PM
So far i agree with everthing that have been say here , im a conq main and i have one cc that make alot of people angry but i am slow and give low domage and it now easy to dodge... if you have to face 1 or 2 classe that have it like the LB/conq that are slow and easy to see it coming it may be fine but vs the cent.... RIp just rip there is to much cc now in 4v4 that is becoming boring as F ....but they are balance for 1v1 and 2v2 .... we cant win

Vordred
05-21-2017, 08:24 PM
yeah i don't like the way its going.

and well the centurion may break the turtle meta, he only breaks it for me, makes everyone else play even more defensive.

i was going some brawls earlier against come centurions, so at first i was using the LB, but was having no luck, so switched over to the warden.
and the matches would go pretty much the same, i would dodge the kick, shoulder - light - GB Heavy. dodge the kick again, do the same combo. then he would catch me with the kick combo me and no i'm at lower health than he is and be out of stamina, so i can do anything and eventually he would catch me again and kill me before my stam came back.

or same as above be he would catch me by a wall and combo me to death.

it so frustrating to play against a character that only really needs to land something once and he has got you. also i hate his unblockables, not a fan of the charged unblockables, they are really hard to parry, combined with the stuns almost impossible.

i don't like how they recently made the Shinobi harder to punish, he was hard enough to hit in the first place. and that kick really needs sorting.

these two characters really don't fit, feels like they were imported in from some alternate version of for honor.

DrExtrem
05-21-2017, 08:45 PM
What?

Don't you like the new anime style?

Lumina-US
05-21-2017, 09:10 PM
Mkay, the next dude or dudette who says "turtle meta" owes me 5$ (to be tripled everytime somebody repeats that word!)

bmason1000
05-21-2017, 09:10 PM
Maybe its more of a long game approach? There's still four more characters coming, each batch taking a different direction until it all evens out in the end?

Sir_rage_quit
05-21-2017, 09:11 PM
Mkay, the next dude or dudette who says "turtle meta" owes me 5$ (to be tripled everytime somebody repeats that word!)

the turtel meta was more a problem in 1v1 o 2v2 not in 4v4.... by try to fix it for those 2 mode they broke the 4v4 mode

https://gfycat.com/DampConfusedFirefly

Lumina-US
05-21-2017, 09:14 PM
the turtel meta was more a problem in 1v1 o 2v2 not in 4v4.... by try to fix it for those 2 mode they broke the 4v4 modeThat "meta" doesn't exist on consoles.

Sir_rage_quit
05-21-2017, 09:16 PM
That "meta" doesn't exist on consoles.

true but you have to deal with Pk/valk/shinobi fast att and 30 fps

salekr
05-21-2017, 09:53 PM
I'm getting the feeling For Honor is drifting away from the slower realistic act-react kind of fighting style which is always harder for the newer players or players with less skill and is going towards a mainstream faster pace arcade style where its easier for everyone.

I'm saying this from the start of Season 2!
I'm so sad because Devs destroyed this beautiful game with new heroes. No more cqb melee fighting.... just ARCADE type of supersonic speed attacks/combos (Centurion) and flying around the arena (Shinobi). It feels like Mortal Kombat, Injustice or Street fighter.
What can we expect from the future DLCs? More ARCADE style of fighting? Unicorns? Heroes with wings? Laser guns?

Lumina-US
05-21-2017, 09:55 PM
true but you have to deal with Pk/valk/shinobi fast att and 30 fpsYes we do and you can see pretty easily that 9,9 out of 10 people hate that very fact.

And yeah, the direction the game has taken, isn't really going to help the cause either, but what are we worrying about, Ubisoft has new cosmetics in the works! *cough* ...

XxHunterHxX
05-21-2017, 10:00 PM
The game was ****..but now its even more....****ty...im glad they ir breaking the game more finaly the game will die and people will stop buying ****ty ubi games so next time you drop 60+ euros on a game you actualy ghet something good not a pice of **** game broken that needs 999999 patches and fixes and still crashes and before you stay but w8 its just for honor and stuff then go play wildlands same **** day 1 they had a 7 giga patch ir you kidding me ?? and each patch made the game more broken...yeah now it works fine....but still ghet it right at day 1....and i love how the season pass 40 euros dosent even give you a infinite xp boost like rellty ? only 30 days ? HAHA and i can bet you money they will change the stats again and you all will have to go back and grind some more steel and you know why they do that ?? coz if people ghet to the end game and gear the caracter they wana play afther 10-15 games they will close the game and be done with it and thats a no no considering the game is kinda dying already with less then 5000 players if not 3000 online at all times and this is a mp game people of diferent time zones will wana play so if they dont have people to play thats bad so they keep you playing by changing the stats so you have to keep on grinding or give them money for steel ! so yeah enjoy the 60 euros or 90 if you have the gold edition !

today we had that great order ghet 8 kills in skirmish not dying took me 2 ****ing hours to do it coz 1.you cant play vs ai ALONE you need to do it atlest with 3 more players that all wana do the ****ing order or just **** around so they eather use zone atacks to klll you or just kill steal evrithing or just drop bombs coz **** me thats why on top of that if i play shinobi 90% of the time all the ****ing ai will target me first coz i bet you made the ai target the guy with lowest hp so thats 100% all the time even at full hp ME and when i finaly did the ****ing order with kensei gues what ? i got game crash at the end surprize and i had to go and ****ing do it again and again unthill people left so i was alone with 1 other guy and finaly ****ing finish gheting kills before other people joined in so yeah ubisoft cant w8 to put out other games so i can stay away but watch how other people ghet frustraded like me playing your copy and paste garbige !

Antonioj26
05-21-2017, 10:01 PM
The game was ****..but now its even more....****ty...im glad they ir breaking the game more finaly the game will die and people will stop buying ****ty ubi games so next time you drop 60+ euros on a game you actualy ghet something good not a pice of **** game broken that needs 999999 patches and fixes and still crashes and before you stay but w8 its just for honor and stuff then go play wildlands same **** day 1 they had a 7 giga patch ir you kidding me ?? and each patch made the game more broken...yeah now it works fine....but still ghet it right at day 1....and i love how the season pass 40 euros dosent even give you a infinite xp boost like rellty ? only 30 days ? HAHA and i can bet you money they will change the stats again and you all will have to go back and grind some more steel and you know why they do that ?? coz if people ghet to the end game and gear the caracter they wana play afther 10-15 games they will close the game and be done with it and thats a no no considering the game is kinda dying already with less then 5000 players if not 3000 online at all times and this is a mp game people of diferent time zones will wana play so if they dont have people to play thats bad so they keep you playing by changing the stats so you have to keep on grinding or give them money for steel ! so yeah enjoy the 60 euros or 90 if you have the gold edition !

today we had that great order ghet 8 kills in skirmish not dying took me 2 ****ing hours to do it coz 1.you cant play vs ai ALONE you need to do it atlest with 3 more players that all wana do the ****ing order or just **** around so they eather use zone atacks to klll you or just kill steal evrithing or just drop bombs coz **** me thats why on top of that if i play shinobi 90% of the time all the ****ing ai will target me first coz i bet you made the ai target the guy with lowest hp so thats 100% all the time even at full hp ME and when i finaly did the ****ing order with kensei gues what ? i got game crash at the end surprize and i had to go and ****ing do it again and again unthill people left so i was alone with 1 other guy and finaly ****ing finish gheting kills before other people joined in so yeah ubisoft cant w8 to put out other games so i can stay away but watch how other people ghet frustraded like me playing your copy and paste garbige !

Go take a nap. Sounds like you are getting cranky.

Oni-Nikuya
05-21-2017, 10:03 PM
I have my gripes about the new content but it's nothing compare to how everyone is 10x more of an @$$hole than they already were just in one weekend. I haven't been kicked and slid and hit out of finishing enemies I am already fighting like this, more time in two days than the entire time prior back to pre-alpha.

Ulrichvonbek111
05-21-2017, 10:07 PM
I'm saying this from day one of Season 2!
I'm so sad because Devs destroyed this beautiful game with new heroes. No more cqb melee fighting just supersonic speed attacks and flying around the arena (Shinobi). It feels like playing Mortal Kombat, Injustice or Street fighter. Arcade garbage:(

Now Devs surely you must take note on how your perceptions for a Season 2 realm have gone very much away from the ethics and beauty of Season 1..
You've destroyed the combat system,,destroyed many people's pleasure and shall now may possibly lose some of your faithful warriors who were there at the beginning,,believing this was a totally unique game...
I have to agree with many that if you keep turning this game into an arcade hack n slash just to appease the horde then you'll be left with neanderthal spammers drooling out of the corner of their mouths,,who'll soon be as extinct as this game..
Please get back on track......Thanks.

Sir_rage_quit
05-21-2017, 10:08 PM
dont know what devs were thinking like they patch something cuz its toxic to the game then release new characters based around the reason they had a patch lol so stupid

This is the same thing i was wondering since Dlc lunch .... like wth was they thinking Its a mix of what all the community hated put into those 2 new classe, now let work to make it fun again......

UbiNoty
05-21-2017, 10:32 PM
Appreciate your thoughts on the season 2 changes sykoink. I'll pass it along - but I also want to offer a few of my thoughts on the changes:

The gear system change was a change towards, what I believe, what we had always intended the gear system to be. While we do want to reward players who are grinding out the hours on their main, ultimately matchups should be dependent on skill, and not a measure of who's gear is better to determine a victor.

As for the new heroes, I can see where you're coming from. I can say that we will be re-evaluating soon enough to see what kind of balance changes we could make. And it's true they can feel somewhat more dynamic(?) compared to the original 12, but I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. And I highly doubt we'll ever be even close to an arcade-style fighting game.

But I do understand where you're coming from and will make your concerns known.

Specialkha
05-21-2017, 10:41 PM
Appreciate your thoughts on the season 2 changes sykoink. I'll pass it along - but I also want to offer a few of my thoughts on the changes:

The gear system change was a change towards, what I believe, what we had always intended the gear system to be. While we do want to reward players who are grinding out the hours on their main, ultimately matchups should be dependent on skill, and not a measure of who's gear is better to determine a victor.

As for the new heroes, I can see where you're coming from. I can say that we will be re-evaluating soon enough to see what kind of balance changes we could make. And it's true they can feel somewhat more dynamic(?) compared to the original 12, but I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. And I highly doubt we'll ever be even close to an arcade-style fighting game.

Great, sp what about a dominion mode without gearstats? And what about def meta? Still no fix? If you take steamcharts (I know, it is only steam, BUT why players on console or uplay should have a different behaviour), you are still losing ppl, season 2 did not stop the playerbase from bleeding. What are you waiting? Do you want to be like The Division? A ghost?

Sir_rage_quit
05-21-2017, 10:45 PM
Great, sp what about a dominion mode without gearstats? And what about def meta? Still no fix? If you take steamcharts (I know, it is only steam, BUT why players on console or uplay should have a different behaviour), you are still losing ppl, season 2 did not stop the playerbase from bleeding. What are you waiting? Do you want to be like The Division? A ghost?

gear is needed in dominion we need something to spend the steel on other wise it will be to easy to have the steel ready for the next new hero and they wont make any money and it give people a sense of progression

m6k3
05-21-2017, 10:48 PM

Its like admit that new heros are op couse they are more dynami. They are just better, they got more combos more fight option itd. Playing aginast centurion is like playing against ****ing wash maschine. If you do one misteak even when you crushing him you will never see your stamina back, Just ****ed in corner kicking and jabbing by buton mashers.

But yes you will make balance update soon after DLC charaxter gonna be relase for all couse 70 percent of cominuty gonna play them.

One more time great ****ing job UBISOFT

BTW: So next DLC charecters gonna be created to destroy seson 2 meta ? Smart as hell, IM ALREATING SEEING THAT AFRICAN BLACK WARRIOR WITH SHIELD AND SPEAR JOINING THE VIKING !

Knight_Raime
05-21-2017, 10:54 PM
1) Gear was never meant to win you fights. They didn't change gear to "cater to casuals" they changed it to make the gameplay objectively better. You can argue with me all you want about how "fun" it was to brainlessly mash safe attacks in revenge and blender the enemy team. that doesn't make it balanced or a good experience. The devs WANT 4v4 to be more competitive. And since this isn't a moba gear literally can't impact the gameplay that much.

2) A lone cent against more than one person in any 4v4 is a difficult fight. your short range and easily dodgable unblockables/charged heavies make the fight harder for him. Yes. both him and shin have tools that are incredibly helpful in a team fight. But they are not the only ones with good tools. Shugoki's demon embrace from off screen is terrifying and leaves you free to be wailed on. Law can literally flip you repeatedly till your revenge is out. etc. 4v4 seems worse because it's embalanced at the core. IN order for it to be a better more competitive experience they need to:

~remove warrior stacking.
~rebalance feats.
~remove spawn killing in dominion.
~make friendly fire more punishing.
~offer gearless 4v4 as an option.
~adjust spawns.
~adjust revives.

The only reason cent feels so impossible for you is because you haven't bothered to learn the matchup. Clearly from this post you're the lesser skilled player. You crutched hard on gear. and you turtled against things you didn't understand. My advise? Go to one 1v1 or 2v2 or hell even load a custom match and actually learn how to fight. The game is objectively becoming better. And it's actually quite hilarious of you to say the game is catering to newer players/less skilled players when you're the one crying that you're gear doesn't let you win fights anymore. That's basically the deffinition of irony.

Lumina-US
05-21-2017, 10:56 PM
What can we expect from the future DLCs? More ARCADE style of fighting? Unicorns? Heroes with wings? Laser guns?Unicorns are already in da game mate.

See the new epic Kelvin guard for Warden's sword, it features two Unicorns even! (altough they ain't pink)

salekr
05-21-2017, 11:31 PM
As for the new heroes, I can see where you're coming from. I can say that we will be re-evaluating soon enough to see what kind of balance changes we could make. And it's true they can feel somewhat more dynamic(?) compared to the original 12, but I don't necessarily see that as a bad thing. And I highly doubt we'll ever be even close to an arcade-style fighting game. But I do understand where you're coming from and will make your concerns known.

Quick reply:D Thank you UbiNoty!
But... it's not about balancing (OP) heroes. Problem is the whole direction of the game.
It's changing.

In just two seasons we went from AMAZING mid-to-slow-paced cqb melee fighting, feints, mind games, strategy movement ..... to spamming push, kick, punch, supersonic speed attacks/combos, heroes flying/spinning around the arena:(

You say dynamic(?) No. With Centurion and Shinobi we got ARCADE style of fighting.
That's the problem.

I just hope future DLC heroes are NOT based on the same concept.

P. S.
This is just my opinion but I believe there is a LOT OF PEOPLE feeling the same way.

Sykoink
05-21-2017, 11:44 PM
1) Gear was never meant to win you fights. They didn't change gear to "cater to casuals" they changed it to make the gameplay objectively better. You can argue with me all you want about how "fun" it was to brainlessly mash safe attacks in revenge and blender the enemy team. that doesn't make it balanced or a good experience. The devs WANT 4v4 to be more competitive. And since this isn't a moba gear literally can't impact the gameplay that much.

2) A lone cent against more than one person in any 4v4 is a difficult fight. your short range and easily dodgable unblockables/charged heavies make the fight harder for him. Yes. both him and shin have tools that are incredibly helpful in a team fight. But they are not the only ones with good tools. Shugoki's demon embrace from off screen is terrifying and leaves you free to be wailed on. Law can literally flip you repeatedly till your revenge is out. etc. 4v4 seems worse because it's embalanced at the core. IN order for it to be a better more competitive experience they need to:

~remove warrior stacking.
~rebalance feats.
~remove spawn killing in dominion.
~make friendly fire more punishing.
~offer gearless 4v4 as an option.
~adjust spawns.
~adjust revives.

The only reason cent feels so impossible for you is because you haven't bothered to learn the matchup. Clearly from this post you're the lesser skilled player. You crutched hard on gear. and you turtled against things you didn't understand. My advise? Go to one 1v1 or 2v2 or hell even load a custom match and actually learn how to fight. The game is objectively becoming better. And it's actually quite hilarious of you to say the game is catering to newer players/less skilled players when you're the one crying that you're gear doesn't let you win fights anymore. That's basically the deffinition of irony.

Your post seems rather defensive and a little bit hateful towards me but thats ok.

Let me first start with a response to the last part of your post. I've never said the Centurion feels impossible for me. The word impossible was used when i made the example for when in season 1 i used to hold down a certain point with a heavy character, even against multiple enemies but now, with the Centurion present (or multiple) and his insane abilities to constantly stun and kick you to the ground leaving you open for a barrage of attacks from all angles from him and the other attackers present. So to do that now, is >almost< impossible. This is nothing new, its very known amongst the community in 4v4.

I also play as a Centurio since the release of Season 2 so to state that i haven't bothered to learn the matchup is ridiculous. I know very well how to do the exact same thing to others in 4v4 and even when people are dying left and right, it still feels so cheap to do.

''You crutched hard on gear''. Thats an assumption you made because of what i said about the gear stat changes i guess? I said what i said about the gear stat changes because i loved how the differences felt from the moment you hit rep 3 and you could get the higher tier gear. What i also stated was that i didn't, and still have any problem with leveling another character wether its in season 1 or 2 with common gear and perform well, even against players with maxed out characters, its especially easy in s2 since the gear changes. You are picking random sentences and words from my post to strengthen your argument and state it like its a fact. I didn't say that i relied on my gear to win fights and now that the gear stats changed i can't win anymore? What are you even talking about. It seems you glanced over my post and assumed i rely on my gear and now i'm ''crying'' i can't win fights and that i don't know how to play the game and only play dominion lol. I even stated that doing the same thing as a Centurion myself to others feels too strong in Dominion, a 4v4 match. I'm not talking about Cent in other modes.

But all of this like i've already said is already known in the community and everyone is talking about it when it comes to the Dominion game mode. From lesser skilled players to highly skilled players.

About your first point, again i never said gear was meant to win fights. There are tons of other people who were higher in gear level than me, so it made it more competitive at the time to fight against them or against multiple at once. I also never said that it was ''fun to brainlessly mash safe attacks in revenge and blender the enemy team''.

So what i said was, i had a lot of fun starting with a lower level character and grind to rep 3 and feel a real difference in gear tier. It doesn't really matter if this wasn't their plan in the first place, this is how they released the game and this is how we played it the whole season. I'm not mad or upset that they changed the gear stats and make 4v4 more competitive when it comes to gear difference, i just don't particularly like it and its not because i relied on gear, there is a major difference not liking the changes because someone is relying on gear stat differences or not liking the changes because for me it made Dominion even more fun, because as i've said, i like the grinding and leveling aspect and i leveled all my character to atleast rep 2 and my favorite characters at around Rep 6 - 7 and to feel that difference when you finally get that nicer gear just felt good. But It's not a major factor, its not like i'm not enjoying the game any more.

You might come of your high horse. Clearly you haven't read my post in its entirety, or read it wrong because you're picking out certain words from my post and use these in your assumptions about me like i don't know how to play the game / know the move sets and or only play 4v4 relying on gear is pretty ridiculous.

Sir_rage_quit
05-21-2017, 11:50 PM
Quick reply:D Thank you UbiNoty!
But... it's not about balancing (OP) heroes. Problem is the whole direction of the game.
It's changing.

In just two seasons we went from AMAZING mid-to-slow-paced cqb melee fighting, feints, mind games, strategy movement ..... to spamming push, kick, punch, supersonic speed attacks/combos, heroes flying/spinning around the arena:(

You say dynamic(?) No. With Centurion and Shinobi we got ARCADE style of fighting.
That's a fact.
That's the problem.

I just hope future DLC heroes are NOT based on the same concept.

P. S.
This is just my opinion but I believe there is a LOT OF PEOPLE feeling the same way.

This

Knight_Raime
05-21-2017, 11:51 PM
Your post seems rather defensive and a little bit hateful towards me but thats ok.

Let me first start with a response to the last part of your post. I've never said the Centurion feels impossible for me. The word impossible was used when i made the example for when in season 1 i used to hold down a certain point with a heavy character, even against multiple enemies but now, with the Centurion present (or multiple) and his insane abilities to constantly stun and kick you to the ground leaving you open for a barrage of attacks from all angles from him and the other attackers present. So to do that now, is >almost< impossible. This is nothing new, its very known amongst the community in 4v4.

I also play as a Centurio since the release of Season 2 so to state that i haven't bothered to learn the matchup is ridiculous. I know very well how to do the exact same thing to other in 4v4 and even when people are dying left and right, it still feels so cheap to do.

''You crutched hard on gear''. Thats an assumption you made because of what i said about the gear stat changes i guess? I said what i said about the gear stat changes because i loved how the differences felt from the moment you hit rep 3 and could get the right gear. What i also stated was that i didn't, and still have any problem with leveling another character wether its in season 1 or 2 with common gear, its especially easy in s2 since the gear changes. You are picking random sentences and words from my post to strengthen your argument and state it like its a fact. I didn't say that i relied on my gear to win fights and now that the gear stats changed i can't win anymore? What are you even talking about. It seems you glanced over my post and assumed i rely on my gear and now i'm ''crying'' i can't win fights and that i don't know how to play the game and only play dominion lol. I even stated that doing the same thing as a Centurion myself to others feels too strong in Dominion, a 4v4 match. I'm not talking about Cent in other modes.

But all of this like i've already said is already known in the community and everyone is talking about it when it comes to the Dominion game mode. And yes also by players who are skilled.

About your first point, again i never said gear was meant to win fights. There are tons of other people who were higher in gear level than me, so it made it more competitive at the time to fight against them or against multiple at once. I also never said that it was ''fun to brainlessly mash safe attacks in revenge and blender the enemy team''.

So what i said was, i had a lot of fun starting with a lower level character and grind to rep 3 and feel a real difference in gear tier. It doesn't really matter if this wasn't their plan in the first place, this is how they released the game and this is how we played it the whole season. I'm not mad or upset that they changed the gear stats and make 4v4 more competitive when it comes to gear difference, i just don't particularly like it and its not because i relied on gear, there is a major difference not liking the changes because someone is relying on gear stat differences or not liking the changes because for me it made Dominion even more fun, because as i've said, i like the grinding and leveling aspect and i leveled all my character to atleast rep 2 and my favorite characters at around Rep 6 - 7 and to feel that difference when you finally get that nicer gear just felt good. But It's not a major factor, its not like i'm not enjoying the game any more.

You might come of your high horse. Clearly you haven't read my post in its entirety, or read it wrong because you're picking out certain words from my post and use these in your assumptions about me like i don't know how to play the game / know the move sets and or only play 4v4 relying on gear is pretty ridiculous.

Then perhaps you could word yourself better next time and not throw words like casual/lesser skilled around. Because I only made those assumptions based off of your poor wording.
The change in the gear didn't change the grind. Having max attack now is just as strong as it was pre gear change. The only difference is you have to sacrifice more. Other disabler type heros existed pre dlc. So the ability to constantly keep someone down VIA coordinating with a friend in a 2v1 situation made things "impossible" to react to as well.

If you're getting away with randomly throwing out kicks from neutral you're either coordinating with your team making it possible. Or the player you're up against doesn't have the knowledge to know how to counter it. either way it's not cents problem. I still stand by my bullet list. 4v4 was never good because of those things. and it never will be until those things happen. Cent/shin didn't turn dominion into safe attack unblockable spam centeral. that's what it's always been. They only make it more apparent to the lesser aware player.

And rather going back to the old bad ways and also nerfing 2 heros we should be going forward with smarter changes like I said above.

Sykoink
05-22-2017, 12:12 AM

Thank you for your thoughts. I do want to reply to you about the point about wanting to reward players who are grinding out the hours on their main, but that it ultimately should depend on skill and not who has better gear. In my opinion and experience playing since the beginning, when i was fighting in Dominion along with other friends and other times alone with random people, i did feel the strength of the higher tier geared players as i fought them with my common grey tier gear, but the outcome was still decided on who had better skill, because i've had so many matchups against much higher gear level than me (mainly because i leveled all of my characters and each time you begin at lvl 1) but when i won my encounters against them purely because i understood the base mechanics and the move sets of my own character and the character that they were playing. That felt very satisfying to me, especially knowing you won against someone with that kind of gear. Other times when i was outnumbered, it was hard to fight and win against multiple opponents with higher level gear and because of this i couldn't wait to put the hours in on this new character to grind towards that reputation 3 and get the better gear to perform on their level and hold a control zone on my own against little groups of 2 or even 3 (depending how good they were). But this way it made the leveling and grinding for gear very addictive in my opinion and when the gap between low level gear and high level gear closes and when you don't feel much of a difference between lvl 1 gear and maxed out gear, for me it takes away from all the blood sweat and tears i put into grinding towards that maxed out gear if you know what i mean.

So season 1 was still actually based on skill and not only because the gear difference. The only thing that didn't have to do anything with skill was the pre-revenge patch where someone with high level gear could pop revenge mode constantly and kill everyone with zone attacks, so i was glad that was fixed.

Pasan90
05-22-2017, 12:17 AM
Im quite happy to have my face kicked in by the best warden or warlord player in for honor, often over several rounds because I feel like i'm learning and they push my skill. I wont fight Centurion in 1 v 1. Its just not fun. The way his skillset is built he goes contrary to everything that makes for honor a great game, when he beats me or I beat him, I feel like i'm playing against the game design rather than a player. Going from an old cast fight into a centurion fight is like night and day. Tactics and mindgames goes out the window, the centurion dont care about feints, blocks, hyper armor or dodges in most cases. It is just a matter of landing enough hits on him before he manages to initiate his combos.

Sykoink
05-22-2017, 12:18 AM
Then perhaps you could word yourself better next time and not throw words like casual/lesser skilled around. Because I only made those assumptions based off of your poor wording.
The change in the gear didn't change the grind. Having max attack now is just as strong as it was pre gear change. The only difference is you have to sacrifice more. Other disabler type heros existed pre dlc. So the ability to constantly keep someone down VIA coordinating with a friend in a 2v1 situation made things "impossible" to react to as well.

If you're getting away with randomly throwing out kicks from neutral you're either coordinating with your team making it possible. Or the player you're up against doesn't have the knowledge to know how to counter it. either way it's not cents problem. I still stand by my bullet list. 4v4 was never good because of those things. and it never will be until those things happen. Cent/shin didn't turn dominion into safe attack unblockable spam centeral. that's what it's always been. They only make it more apparent to the lesser aware player.

And rather going back to the old bad ways and also nerfing 2 heros we should be going forward with smarter changes like I said above.

I might have worded some things poorly, i'm not a native English speaker so i'm trying as best as i can but i do feel like you took things from my post and twisted them for your own defense. But it's all good, i'm not a negative person, i just wanted to let my thoughts known because i am kind of worried about the direction the game might be going in because i've experienced it so many times in so many online games. They start off great and the way it starts is heaven for the better players and then when the developers see a change in the game population they all of a sudden start to change their game to make it easier for the lesser skilled players, because they hold a big percentage of the games population too and you don't want to lose them because they are having a hard time playing the game. So thats why ieferred to lesser skilled players, because of this reason, and i'm afraid of Ubisoft is slowly doing this to their own game, and i really don't want to see that happen because For Honor is an amazing game.

UbiNoty
05-22-2017, 12:34 AM
I understand your feelings. But think about the original gear curve - it was essentially a 45 degree angle. So when we throw in another tier of gear that makes the discrepancy between a super high-geared player and a player trying out a new hero for the first time (veteran or novice) quite high.

Then, it goes from "gear being an extra edge that enhances different playstyles" to "an advantage that cannot be overcome unless you
re extremely skilled (or lucky)".

We want to reward players who give all their love to one hero, but we also don't want to punish players who want to try out new things.
Which is why we turned it into a logarithmic curve. You'll still feel the difference being at the top as an orange against a gray gear player - but if you're orange and another player is purple, the return on value of the gear you have is diminished.
So there is still incentive to grind out a new hero to get to the top, but once you're there - it should be all skill baby.

:D hope that gives you some insight into the thought process.

invalid target0
05-22-2017, 12:35 AM

Stop acting like everything is fine. And you can "understand" where a player is coming from and you "will be re-evaluating soon". Evaluate now. Not later ffs.. The game is in a death spiral. The players are leaving, the game's user score is under water. And its not simply a result of the ridiculous micro transactions or the connection issues (which seem improved actually so that's good) ...its the design decision to emphasis defense, then when they metastasized, you empowered and proliferated annoying control mechanics as a cheap solution. Which many class don't even have access to, which means tough-luck. I'm glad to see community participation but your tone is entirely too self-assured considering the state of the game.

kumanchik
05-22-2017, 03:18 AM

so a in your face brawler who gets punished easy is too much to handle im seeing a lot of crying from people who won't dodge or learn how to counter the new characters

tbtsrjc
05-22-2017, 04:28 AM
We want to reward players who give all their love to one hero, but we also don't want to punish players who want to try out new things.
Which is why we turned it into a logarithmic curve. You'll still feel the difference being at the top as an orange against a gray gear player - but if you're orange and another player is purple, the return on value of the gear you have is diminished.
So there is still incentive to grind out a new hero to get to the top, but once you're there - it should be all skill baby.

:D hope that gives you some insight into the thought process.

You want to reward players that put all their love into one hero? What about the players that put a lot of love into multiple heros? 6 of my heros got their gear decimated by patch 1.07! I was looking forward to seeing what changes you guys made to the gear, I had no idea the changes were going to ruin every used piece of gear that I owned.

That was a lot of steel and resources wasted; 3 months of playing your broken game with nothing to show for it other than skill.

Wolf-Heathen
05-22-2017, 04:44 AM
There is no direction for this game, other than the "Rule of Cool" in an effort to bring back life to slowly dying player community.

VIKING4REALMAN
05-22-2017, 06:14 AM
Clearly Ubisoft just want more new people to join the game while ruining all the effort we put in the last couple of months. There's no way the new centurion and shinobi would demolish others in dominion without the so called 'gear balancing". Now the new heroes are so powerful in 4v4 with fancy moves that are so fast almost like arcade games and i feel really vulnerable to ganking even with max level gears unless the opponents are really really awful. It is much more difficult than ever to fight 2 opponents and revenge becomes almost useless ( still being knocked down on the ground and instant kill). In those cases heroes with more spammable moves, faster attacks and longer ranges clearly have the edge without friendly fire punishment.

I've spent the last two months playing three mains Raider/LB/Warlord and it felt good grinding out hours to level up and finally equipped with gears that you can feel the differences. I've also changed the look of all the gears i had regardless of ridiculous 500 steel each and now they are all useless. A max geared hero now can be easily killed by two no geared players not to mention if they are both centurions or shinobis. I guess that's what they call skill. Instead of playing long hours each day leveling up i just pick up a few fights and quickly get bored with heaps of deaths and those ground games then quit playing;););)

CALlFORNIAN
05-22-2017, 06:19 AM
Yes, the game is undoubtedly making big changes in how its played. These however, are a net positive, and "new/unskilled players" as you refer to them, benfit just as much from this as any other person. Gear, at the beggining, was a mistake, being able to one shot someone is a terrible mechanic, especially in a team setting. Which leads me to my next point, Dominion is a team gamemode, if you've ever played a moba, you'll know that there's no feasible way of getting out of a team gank. This is because you got caught out alone and weren't with your TEAM. Not because "Centurion's Op He can punch and kick!" yes it can get hectic in a teamfight, but there are other (tankier) heros with cc thats also effective in a teamfight. Also, I've played cent to rep 1, I don't have alot of time to play, but I'm pretty good with him, a 63% winrate in duels, people can 100% dodge his attacks, and just because you have ample time to play, doesn't mean you shoudl walk all over players with hear, thats stupid. Also, the defensive meta is/was (however you view it) awful, especially for heros that can't break an opponets guard with anything but guardbreak.

TL;DR:The game shouldn't let you win every match because you have the 30 hours a week to get heros to high rep. Cent is strong, not op. THe game, as a whole, is taking baby steps in the right diection.

DrExtrem
05-22-2017, 06:29 AM
There is no direction for this game, other than the "Rule of Cool" in an effort to bring back life to slowly dying player community.

I am afraid, that you are right.

The shinobi is the text book example for an op dlc character with paywall and questionable setup - while being a massive fan service for the ninja and anime lovers.

In advertising, they say, that "sex sells". Well ... ninjas and animes are this games equivalent.

@ Californian

Its is not taking baby steps into the right direction. It is basically taking two steps back and only one forward. The gear system is basically the same intransparent thing - only with % instead of bars. The new heroes ate meant to fight a mets, that is almost exclusive a PC problem but at the same time, makes the console problem (speed meta) worse.

The (one of the) core problem of loop-attacks of death is still there and this problem pests all platforms.

It seems that the designers want to work around these problems, by creating two new heroes (with paywall), who are less vulnerable to certain tactics, because they are extremely versatile, mobile and have power armor on half of their moves. What about the other heroes? Pk is still too fast vs. humans on console, while the series of nerfs made her relatively hard to play vs AI (who simply blocks the light attacks). The warden is considered top tier but in fact, only the upper light mixup is responsible for that - the rest if the kit is average at best.

I get the feeling, that they are trying to cover the problems under a fresh coat of paint, rather than trying to fix them.

Knight_Raime
05-22-2017, 07:57 AM
I might have worded some things poorly, i'm not a native English speaker so i'm trying as best as i can but i do feel like you took things from my post and twisted them for your own defense. But it's all good, i'm not a negative person, i just wanted to let my thoughts known because i am kind of worried about the direction the game might be going in because i've experienced it so many times in so many online games. They start off great and the way it starts is heaven for the better players and then when the developers see a change in the game population they all of a sudden start to change their game to make it easier for the lesser skilled players, because they hold a big percentage of the games population too and you don't want to lose them because they are having a hard time playing the game. So thats why ieferred to lesser skilled players, because of this reason, and i'm afraid of Ubisoft is slowly doing this to their own game, and i really don't want to see that happen because For Honor is an amazing game.

Didn't intentionally twist your words. Only said what I inferred from the general attitude I got from your words. I will admit I have a bias when someone says "casual" or "less skilled" players because people abuse those things so much. While I respect your opinion and feelings I simply don't get how it's catering to lesser skilled players. Then again I play almost exclusively 1v1 and 2v2. I don't think making gear less impactful is catering to casuals. There is still quite a big difference between orange and grey gear. The gap is just shorter now due to the revenge being balanced out and defense/attack stats don't double dip with feats.

Butonfly
05-22-2017, 08:16 AM

You're going to do some serious redesign to change the current "being stuck on the end of a sword from first hit till death" gameplay you've given us
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RohV4qubBgM

I'd love to sit in your team meetings post 1.7 to listen to the **** storms and silence as you guys watched your game and community burn.

WFL_M4sT3R_
05-22-2017, 08:27 AM
Game have bright future some things need to be done, charts show increased player base up to 30-40% since the patch and its pretty much steady, balance of new heroes and Warden, new game modes, tournaments, maybe some new single player campaigns, and everything will be fine i am sure.

DrExtrem
05-22-2017, 08:39 AM
Game have bright future some things need to be done, charts show increased player base up to 30-40% since the patch and its pretty much steady, balance of new heroes and Warden, new game modes, tournaments, maybe some new single player campaigns, and everything will be fine i am sure.

This peak could be the usual after-dlc peak that occurs everytime any game gets an update.

If the numbers are stable until mid to end of the season, we might have some hope. This is highly unlikely to happen though. The majority will stay for a few days or weeks after the new heroes drop for the rest of the players.

DrinkinMyStella
05-22-2017, 09:09 AM
i don't think this game will see season 3 or 4

DrExtrem
05-22-2017, 10:13 AM
i don't think this game will see season 3 or 4

It will. The question is how many players will. ;)

DrinkinMyStella
05-22-2017, 10:15 AM
It will. The question is how many players will. ;)

that's what i meant, i will be playing because i still enjoy the game minus a controller lol but the player base will go down because the damage is done.

Kraxers
05-22-2017, 10:35 AM
Man I always had complains about this game but never said I was gonna join the quit game group. But after this patch seeing and playing new heroes. Aspecialy shinobi on 1v1 and cent on gank I am really thinking about quitting.

Charmzzz
05-22-2017, 10:39 AM
After a few days of playing vs the new heroes I manage to beat most of them in a 1v1. The CC spam is annoying, but even before Season 2 I have faced teams full of LB/Valk/Warden/Warlord/Conq who chained their stuns / disables in any given situation. This is NOT new.

The best solution I can think of is the mentioned hero count per match. This would also encourage people to play with different characters.

Kraxers
05-22-2017, 10:45 AM
After a few days of playing vs the new heroes I manage to beat most of them in a 1v1. The CC spam is annoying, but even before Season 2 I have faced teams full of LB/Valk/Warden/Warlord/Conq who chained their stuns / disables in any given situation. This is NOT new.

The best solution I can think of is the mentioned hero count per match. This would also encourage people to play with different characters.

I am okay with centurion on 1v1. But shinobi is just not ****in fun to play against at all. Kick is such a stupid thing you can only guess if you have a punish mechanic. And dominion is just trash as we all know. I think they ****ed up good.

Draghmar
05-22-2017, 10:57 AM

But if the problem existed before it should be resolved and not add another one to the pool...Or are we happy with making this 'skill based game' into CCs spamfest? :P

I don't like your solution. I'm happy playing one class and don't see any reason to force myself to play other. And btw - this is not the solution at all. It's just dirty hack that would cover up things with duct tape. ;)

JohnWick87
05-22-2017, 12:38 PM
Yeah i had more fun, last season with the game... right now its kinda ****ed up. I dont know. i had a few days off. And when i came back home today and tryed to play a few rounds brawl ... i recognized. For me there is no fun at the moment in this game =( Everybody is complaining and cursing / insulting. Takes so much of the fun, playing it.

And the gameplay itself is more about chaos and dash spamming .No more tactical fights

Charmzzz
05-22-2017, 01:11 PM
I am okay with centurion on 1v1. But shinobi is just not ****in fun to play against at all. Kick is such a stupid thing you can only guess if you have a punish mechanic. And dominion is just trash as we all know. I think they ****ed up good.

Shinobi? I own 9/10 Shinobi's, especially if they spam kick. Once you get the timing right -> dodge and punish.

Capoupacap
05-22-2017, 02:23 PM
totally agree. Finding a way to fight this hyper defensive gameplay is one thing, break basic gameplay and control of this game is a really bad idea.

Centurion and shinobi has really good opener in their design, I just feel like the Dev didn't offer the control needed for opponent to have a skill based defense. Just remember you hardly nerf the revenge that was the only reply against ganking ;) ;) ;)

Antonioj26
05-22-2017, 03:49 PM
skimmed your post. seems ultimately you are jsut salty about the centurion. I can understand that as cent main. and as a cent main, and a average player at best. I win more than I lsoe sometimes and vice versa. I still get my *** handed to me and I think im doing alright with my character.

But let me tell yo uas a cent player. that the kick is easily avoidable and punishable if done so at close range. and the jab?uppercut. has to be fully charged in order to knockdown the opponent, of neither I do. I rarely kick or charge of a heavy or my jab. Simply because for me and my playstyle. I ant to disrupt my opponent as much as possible. so instead fo charging the jab in my routine, i get more benefit from just it connecting and stunning, into a grab, heavy/light atks, followed by stun. light/heavy's and so forth. i get my *** handed t me often enough.

It's not easily avoidable when you are fighting someone else, my post wasn't salty it was fact. I gave examples of what the difference was so if you want to disregard those then by all means call me salty but it doesn't change the fact that your comparing 4 entirely different attacks. Cents aren't a problem for me 1v1 but anyone who is pretending they haven't changed the way 4s is played is in denial or dishonest.

Pasan90
05-22-2017, 10:26 PM
I got a rep 15 zerk, I know all about dodging. The centurion is infuriatingly hard to dodge up close, and next to impossible if he lands a single attack on you. Also his heavies are hard to parry, because they dont have a standard timing, and you cant block half his attacks so you have to rely on parries which is hard, or dodging which is unreliable at best. As Zerk trading with hyper armor is one of the best tools we got. Centurion heavies beats hyper armor for whatever reason so that is out the window. Next, feinting doesn't work. Centurion heavies are so fast that they hit you as fast as your own light or before the GB after feint.

So vs Centurion as zerk i'm left with keeping distance and light chipping. There's no tactics or mind games, just a cat and mouse game to see if I can chip him down before I get comboed. No fun.

Antonioj26
05-22-2017, 10:38 PM
so a in your face brawler who gets punished easy is too much to handle im seeing a lot of crying from people who won't dodge or learn how to counter the new characters

Did I say it's too much too handle or did I say that these 4 attacks I listed are vastly different? I'm pretty much saying it's stupid to compare them just because they are unblockables. It's like comparing warlords head butt and shugos headbutt.

dekot11
05-22-2017, 10:40 PM
I got a rep 15 zerk, I know all about dodging. The centurion is infuriatingly hard to dodge up close, and next to impossible if he lands a single attack on you. Also his heavies are hard to parry, because they dont have a standard timing, and you cant block half his attacks so you have to rely on parries which is hard, or dodging which is unreliable at best. As Zerk trading with hyper armor is one of the best tools we got. Centurion heavies beats hyper armor for whatever reason so that is out the window. Next, feinting doesn't work. Centurion heavies are so fast that they hit you as fast as your own light or before the GB after feint.

So vs Centurion as zerk i'm left with keeping distance and light chipping. There's no tactics or mind games, just a cat and mouse game to see if I can chip him down before I get comboed. No fun.

exactly, 100%, it's no fun. You have to chip away at them and their low health helps but good players are starting to just turtle with him. Their moves are punishable, yeah, that's why they don't attack. They just wait for an easy parry or some other mistake and then you have no stamina. If you were next to a wall, gg.

Joseph_2017
05-22-2017, 10:41 PM
This game is slowly dying. I use to play about 5-8 hours a day now I just complete the two main orders and log off. I'm a samurai and I'll be surprised if play through season 2 in this game state.

So yeah I agree with the OP.

New Gear stats are whack.

Thanks to devs prioritizing Duel mode, 4v4 is washed up.

So pissed off since I really enjoyed this game out the box.

KnifeInUrNeck
05-22-2017, 10:42 PM
I'm fine with the gear changes. Makes it more about skill and less about grinding to get the high level gear as happened before.

Sir_rage_quit
05-22-2017, 11:02 PM
This game is slowly dying. I use to play about 5-8 hours a day now I just complete the two main orders and log off. I'm a samurai and I'll be surprised if play through season 2 in this game state.

So yeah I agree with the OP.

New Gear stats are whack.

Thanks to devs prioritizing Duel mode, 4v4 is washed up.

So pissed off since I really enjoyed this game out the box.

i agree if they keep saying they balanced the dlc for 4v4 it will make me laught so hard because its so clear they did the balance for 1v1 and 2v2

shoemakerb1979
05-22-2017, 11:32 PM
Couldn't agree with you more. I don't like what they did with the gear stats or the playstyle of the new characters. I want a SWORD FIGHT!!!!! Not a get out of someone's way festival

Sir_rage_quit
05-23-2017, 12:20 AM
Couldn't agree with you more. I don't like what they did with the gear stats or the playstyle of the new characters. I want a SWORD FIGHT!!!!! Not a get out of someone's way festival

this !

OokiireteHoshii
05-23-2017, 12:57 AM
The real thing that higher gear provides is a big boost to secondary stats such as exhaustion recovery, debuff resistance and revenge, plus some attack. Defense is so ****ed and not worth stacking over 0% due to the math behind defense pen:
10%def.pen vs 10%def= 0% defense. EXCUSE ME? IF you display % values then stick to those, because in order to nullify that 10% bonus of defense, defense pen. should get to 100% not 10%! WTF!!!