PDA

View Full Version : [HoH] S2 Heroes Survey

MyStach
05-21-2017, 06:09 PM
Idk where to put this so you can move it freely (thanks mods <3 )

Hello everyone.
Season 2 started almost a week ago, we want to drop you a survey about the new heroes so the devs can have direct feedback from the best folks of ForHonor !
Every answer is anonymous and you need 10mins MAX to complete it.

Here is the link (https://goo.gl/forms/ap1HecoNB8Y7JiwZ2)

Thank you guys !

UbiNoty
05-21-2017, 11:17 PM
I'm going to ask Fred if we can sticky this to the top :D

MyStach
05-22-2017, 09:12 PM
https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/21/1495483768-centurion-infos.png

MyStach
05-22-2017, 09:13 PM
https://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2017/21/1495483768-shinobi-infos.png

Pope138
05-22-2017, 10:54 PM
These two characters are taking the game in more of a Mortal Kombat direction. They just don't seem to fit in imo. I've been playing since the beginning, but this seems like a good time to take a break. Hopefully the disappointment will fade.

Gray360UK
05-22-2017, 11:18 PM
These two characters are taking the game in more of a Mortal Kombat direction. They just don't seem to fit in imo. I've been playing since the beginning, but this seems like a good time to take a break. Hopefully the disappointment will fade.

I feel quite sad about it all too. Not in a hating raging crying kind of way, just quietly sad. The game is considerably less fun now, and at the end of the day I play games for one reason and one reason only, to have fun.

YuBiShiGouShi
05-22-2017, 11:23 PM
I quit matches now because of shinobi. He's simply too strong on console.

shoemakerb1979
05-23-2017, 12:02 AM
After playing daily during 1st season, I don't even want to play now . I feel your pain, it's not fun now

bmason1000
05-23-2017, 02:47 AM
I'm shocked that many people think its fun fighting centurions. That match up almost gives me anxiety. Which is insane, because its a video game. Even the centurions i face that are easy and go down without a hitch still aren't fun, so its not a matter of being a sore loser. They're just stressful, which i don't want out of a leisure activity.

Mia.Nora
05-23-2017, 03:36 AM
1v1 I can endure the nonsense, because risk vs reward is tweaked towards their benefit; but still if I outplay them I win.

But 1vX is now complete clusterfak. Dominion was the flagship of FH, and now it is sinking at an alarming rate.

SnugglesIV
05-23-2017, 04:59 AM
I just don't get why they gave Shinobi a free light on any light/heavy, on top of his insane mobility and speed. As if this wasn't going to make the turtle meta much worse. If you're playing someone like Centurion, Kensei, Raider, Shugoki, LB and Nobushi(?), you can't attack a good Shinobi because everything you throw out will just get interrupted as you eat tons of free damage.

Not to mention that Shinobi is basically a better version of Orochi. It really feels like a massive middle finger to Orochi mains.

SledgeMufin
05-23-2017, 05:26 AM
This game, unlike any other I've ever played, literally fights your desire to keep playing it. Almost as if the devs are intentionally breaking it. And it is sad because It's a game I really want to love.

Haemmerst0rm
05-23-2017, 08:54 AM
I'm going to ask Fred if we can sticky this to the top :D

Well, as you can see at the results, shinobi is totally unfun to play against! I hope ubisoft is considering the next:

- Remove hyper armor on shinobi's kick. It is ridiculous that they can spam this kick endlessly, not forget to mention that the double dodge is a very bad 50/50 situation: either its a kick, or its a guardbreak. This is guessing and this game does not need guessing! It is totally unfair to the opponents who fight shinobis.

- Make shinobis kick cost more stamina, to prevent the endless kick spam. (you could make warden shoulderbashes cost more stamina too. I know warden is you favorite hero, but its cheesing. Ultracheesing.)

- The ranged guardbreak after sickle rain into kick into backflip needs to be fixed. That guardbreak cant never been teched which is unfair! This has to be a bug because the only way to escape it after sickle rain into kick into backflip is to dodge. By the time the shinobi backflipped, you arent in recovery state anymore so YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO TECH THAT!

- Shinobi needs more punishment. There is literally 0 punishments against shinobi. An example: when i do a cgb on shinobi, the shinobi got pulled by the opponent to the ground. Only centurion is able to do a heavy leap (which is also risky because shinobi can get a free gb after that leap due to its ridiculous fast recovery frames). Ive tried with different heroes and not a single one hero is able to deliver a heavy blow as punishment with the cgb on the ranged gb! I'm a warlord main and i tried to do dodge heavy leap after cgb. The thing is: I GET PARRIED TO HELL. This is totally UNFUN and UNFAIR.

- Give shinobi MORE recovery frames, he has the lowest recovery frames in the game which is unfair and most heroes can't compete against that!

- Reduce shinobi's light attack spam. They have now the lowest ms on light attacks (next to peacekeeper) which is stupid. Most heroes can't react to it with a parry due to its superfast attacks (even on PC). Centurion cant react with a parry too because of his SLOW SWITCH STANCE GUARD SPEED like raider! Some heroes still have slow switch guard stance speed and thats a serious issue in this game. Make shinobi's light attacks 500 ms instead of 300 ms!

- Turtling shinobis is an issue in this game. Whenever any hero does a light attack, he always gets parried. Shinobi has super fast guard switch stance speed and can punish hard with heavy and a light attack. I hope you are introducing the fix against the turtle/parry meta asap because its getting pretty annoyed right now. Parries/deflects are too rewarding atm. Make parry/deflect timing strict and only give a free light, not a guardbreak with a free heavy.

I dont know if i should play the game today and the next days too because today are the new heroes being released to all non-season pass holders and guess what: most will probably for sure try out the shinobi kick spam trick in duel/brawl/4vs4.

Fix shinobi asap. Its totally unfun to fight against right now. I paid for the game + season pass. I didnt pay to fight against heroes that has 0 punishments and can spam as much as they can.

Thanks.

Draghmar
05-23-2017, 11:13 AM
- Shinobi needs more punishment. There is literally 0 punishments against shinobi. An example: when i do a cgb on shinobi, the shinobi got pulled by the opponent to the ground. Only centurion is able to do a heavy leap (which is also risky because shinobi can get a free gb after that leap due to its ridiculous fast recovery frames). Ive tried with different heroes and not a single one hero is able to deliver a heavy blow as punishment with the cgb on the ranged gb! I'm a warlord main and i tried to do dodge heavy leap after cgb. The thing is: I GET PARRIED TO HELL. This is totally UNFUN and UNFAIR.
You mean when Shinobi is trying GB and you CGB you can't reach him with top heavy? I did that with Nobushi.
But what I found interesting is that Shinobi is the only class that can block heavies after GB from Nobushi.

Pope138
05-23-2017, 02:50 PM
I feel quite sad about it all too. Not in a hating raging crying kind of way, just quietly sad. The game is considerably less fun now, and at the end of the day I play games for one reason and one reason only, to have fun.

Well put. My sentiments exactly.

RatedChaotic
05-23-2017, 03:05 PM
Fighting a Shinobi with a Conq is not fun at all. Most of the time I'm yelling....Come here a$$hole let me get a hit on you atleast. lol Just encourages me too stop fighting and turtle up, Im not that player that likes to play staring games. I like to fight in fighting games.

On that small bridge map in duels I'll fight on that bridge vs any hero but once its a Shinobi. I will not. That run and slide the shinobi does gets me everytime on that bridge. I'm still trying to find the perfect time to dodge it or counter it.... I hate that map. lol

So far from my experience that map is a shinobi easy win. I tried to dodge it. I get pushed off. I shield bash when she slides I get pushed off. Is it possible to counter that slide on that bridge?

rossato2109
05-23-2017, 03:54 PM

Same, the game is way less fun now. These characters just don't fit well in this game. Its not fun to fight against them, not impossible but even when you win its not fun.

TheLastPandaa
05-23-2017, 05:14 PM
Fighting a Shinobi with a Conq is not fun at all. Most of the time I'm yelling....Come here a$$hole let me get a hit on you atleast. lol Just encourages me too stop fighting and turtle up, Im not that player that likes to play staring games. I like to fight in fighting games.

On that small bridge map in duels I'll fight on that bridge vs any hero but once its a Shinobi. I will not. That run and slide the shinobi does gets me everytime on that bridge. I'm still trying to find the perfect time to dodge it or counter it.... I hate that map. lol

So far from my experience that map is a shinobi easy win. I tried to dodge it. I get pushed off. I shield bash when she slides I get pushed off. Is it possible to counter that slide on that bridge?

It is indeed infuriating. The only way i can deal any dmg to a shinobi as a conq without turtleing is with ramdons lighs when he is dancing near around me, but that is not a valid strategy. If i turtle, things become easyer because i just have do one of this 3 things:
1. Wait him to long gb me, counter that long gb and punish with a hevay.
2. Wait him to long hit me, parry that hit and punish with a heavy.
3. Block any heavy and go for a gb and a granted side heavy.

Never the less, i must admid that most of the times i play as a conq vs a shinobi i feel like this:
https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.y0Agg1ixrNcCIKYcjoTmBwEsDh

RatedChaotic
05-23-2017, 06:34 PM
It is indeed infuriating. The only way i can deal any dmg to a shinobi as a conq without turtleing is with ramdons lighs when he is dancing near around me, but that is not a valid strategy. If i turtle, things become easyer because i just have do one of this 3 things:
1. Wait him to long gb me, counter that long gb and punish with a hevay.
2. Wait him to long hit me, parry that hit and punish with a heavy.
3. Block any heavy and go for a gb and a granted side heavy.

Never the less, i must admid that most of the times i play as a conq vs a shinobi i feel like this:
https://tse4.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.y0Agg1ixrNcCIKYcjoTmBwEsDh

Yep exactly my thoughts aswell. It encourages me to turtle and I dont like it when I'm spending 3/4s of the time in the match waiting for red flashing symbols/indicators to pop on my screen. Thats not my idea of a fun and exciting fight. Kinda makes me feel like I'm playing a turn based rpg.

MyStach
05-27-2017, 08:36 PM
You guys have been heard here: https://clips.twitch.tv/SillyRelatedHarePipeHype

DrExtrem
05-27-2017, 08:50 PM
Is it just me or does every move the centurion makes stagger you even while on revenge? In addition I find even his heavy strikes hard to parry. Is their parry window shorter (aside from coming really late)?

Still. The new heroes broke the game. They are unfun, unfair and ridiculously overpowered on console.

We.the.North
05-27-2017, 08:57 PM
Regarding Shinobi, needs his health pool increased. His damage output is nowhere near that of other characters with way more health. The mobility of the Shinobi, while very good, isn't enough to justify that design choice. As a Shinobi player, I wouldn't mind AT ALL if the hyper armor on my double dash kick was removed if it meant giving the Shinobi 25 more hp. It's the super small HP pool that turns all Shinobi players into running cowards. They are like moskitos buzzing in your ear at night ... a major nuisance that doesn't do much and you can't do much about it.

Regarding Centurion, nerf that character to oblivion already. I'm sure about 40-50% of the total player base in Dominion is playing Centurion at the moment and you have to be a complete fool (or team centurion) if you think that's not a problem. He kills the variety of Dominion and frankly, I dont care about what that survey says, he is way more of a fun killer than that small hp moskito that is Shinobi. Centurion is promoting 2 things massively hated in this community : #1 he is the best turtle in the game with the highest punish off other player's mistake / parry ; #2 : He's the king of "stun locking" and we all know how players like to lose control over their character for long periods of time.