PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi kick issue...

Tobias96716
05-21-2017, 02:22 PM
Ok...I am a rep 7 Shinobi on the ps4...and I feel as the kick is perfect as it can be dodged and we can even killed while kicking, hell we can even be grabbed during both dodges right before the kick...so yes the kick is fine...it's anti defence move and yes all the turtles are going to be upset that they can't hide in their shells...

The problem I have is the heavy after the kick connects...and as much as I like it...a free heavy after the kick connects is a bit to much...it needs a chance to be parried or deflected...as long as we have the option to gb after the kick (and that can be cgb) by the way so should the heavy attack. If not those heavies are going to get spammed to death with kick free heavy rinse and repeat....

But other than that I feel as if the Shinobi all together is very near the sweet spot...except getting 2 shot by heavy attacks and one shot with armor buff by anyone who manages to land a heavy while in revenge mode...can ya make us last at least 3 heavy attacks and at least and 2 heavy by revenge mode?

The_B0G_
05-21-2017, 02:24 PM
Your logic has no place here on the forums pagan! Leave this sacred place at once!

Lyskir
05-21-2017, 02:28 PM
Ok...I am a rep 7 Shinobi on the ps4...and I feel as the kick is perfect as it can be dodged and we can even killed while kicking, hell we can even be grabbed during both dodges right before the kick...so yes the kick is fine...it's anti defence move and yes all the turtles are going to be upset that they can't hide in their shells...

The problem I have is the heavy after the kick connects...and as much as I like it...a free heavy after the kick connects is a bit to much...it needs a chance to be parried or deflected...as long as we have the option to gb after the kick (and that can be cgb) by the way so should the heavy attack. If not those heavies are going to get spammed to death with kick free heavy rinse and repeat....

But other than that I feel as if the Shinobi all together is very near the sweet spot...except getting 2 shot by heavy attacks and one shot with armor buff by anyone who manages to land a heavy while in revenge mode...can ya make us last at least 3 heavy attacks and at least and 2 heavy by revenge mode?

wow a shinobi main with good ideas, that is rare

Tobias96716
05-21-2017, 03:29 PM
I just want the Shinobi to be balanced...and I feel my ideas will bring it closers to that.

XxHunterHxX
05-21-2017, 06:34 PM
you know that you ir just saying horse **** when what you say it wont make sens if you think about it...so you say ...HEY if the kick is OK coz we can ghet grabed/doged and punished coz if it so its a 50/50 chance to actualy land the dam kick and if we do we ghet WHAT OUT OF IT ? well a free heavy to do some dmg....so you want us to well ghet the kick in if we can and then what ??? do a cool back flip in to a range GB so you can ghet GB and 1 shot by people with good gear ?? on top of the fact that we have not as much dmg as we should and on top of the fact that the heavy is long as hell coz of the jump animation so most people can block and parry it so if you use it you might as well just say hey please hit me and take half my hp away so tell me is heavy a 50/50 chance to actualy land a dam hit on a guy is to much ? seriosly you people dont even realize what the caracter is all about....and why did ubisoft added the mechanics they did to the caracter...you just wana make hem a useles caracter so you can play the dam warlord and just w8 for a parry so you can do a head but give me a break

Tobias96716
05-21-2017, 07:23 PM
you know that you ir just saying horse **** when what you say it wont make sens if you think about it...so you say ...HEY if the kick is OK coz we can ghet grabed/doged and punished coz if it so its a 50/50 chance to actualy land the dam kick and if we do we ghet WHAT OUT OF IT ? well a free heavy to do some dmg....so you want us to well ghet the kick in if we can and then what ??? do a cool back flip in to a range GB so you can ghet GB and 1 shot by people with good gear ?? on top of the fact that we have not as much dmg as we should and on top of the fact that the heavy is long as hell coz of the jump animation so most people can block and parry it so if you use it you might as well just say hey please hit me and take half my hp away so tell me is heavy a 50/50 chance to actualy land a dam hit on a guy is to much ? seriosly you people dont even realize what the caracter is all about....and why did ubisoft added the mechanics they did to the caracter...you just wana make hem a useles caracter so you can play the dam warlord and just w8 for a parry so you can do a head but give me a break

You obviously don't know how to mix up kick correctly...with kick you can open to a grab that can be cgb, a light attacks double tap that can be blocked or parried or deflected, and a heavy attack that is a guaranteed hit. Even Stevie Wonder can see something is wrong here. If you just kick into a free heavy that is broken because they can't do a thing if the kick hits...and you can do it over and over and not be punished for really doing it unless they stop your kick,dodge the kick, or take the kick but trade off by timing a heavy attack right.

It's fine for you to want the class you play to be op and just face roll to win....but in reality the free heavy after the kick needs to be fixed....oh and before you say again that I don't understand the mechanics of the hero...hit rep 7 using Shinobi like I have before making asinine remarks like the one you made in your post.

That_guy44
05-21-2017, 07:34 PM
What if they switched the guaranteed heavy to a guaranteed light?

Antonioj26
05-21-2017, 07:43 PM
You obviously don't know how to mix up kick correctly...with kick you can open to a grab that can be cgb, a light attacks double tap that can be blocked or parried or deflected, and a heavy attack that is a guaranteed hit. Even Stevie Wonder can see something is wrong here. If you just kick into a free heavy that is broken because they can't do a thing if the kick hits...and you can do it over and over and not be punished for really doing it unless they stop your kick,dodge the kick, or take the kick but trade off by timing a heavy attack right.

It's fine for you to want the class you play to be op and just face roll to win....but in reality the free heavy after the kick needs to be fixed....oh and before you say again that I don't understand the mechanics of the hero...hit rep 7 using Shinobi like I have before making asinine remarks like the one you made in your post.

He's sub 40% winrate don't waste your breath on this guy who doesn't have the slightest clue on how to play this game let alone balance it.

Tobias96716
05-21-2017, 08:05 PM
He's sub 40% winrate don't waste your breath on this guy who doesn't have the slightest clue on how to play this game let alone balance it.

Well on my screen it shows a win ratio of
Death match mode
Win ratio 59.41%
Kda 1.70

Duel modes
Win ratio 84.62%
Kda 2.34

That really isn't bad when you jump right into a new class that's hard to learn....playing it up to rep 7 learning along the way....Yeah..../sarcasm on I guess I don't know what I'm talking about /sarcasm off

I really don't know why people are getting upset at the idea if actually fixing that? It will only hurt those that used it as a crutch...."oh I can't beat them so I will use a damn near unstoppable cheese mode to win" will suffer if they removed the free heavy after hitting with a kick...

Antonioj26
05-21-2017, 08:17 PM
Death match mode
Win ratio 59.41%
Kda 1.70

Duel modes
Win ratio 84.62%
Kda 2.34

That really isn't bad when you jump right into a new class that's hard to learn....playing it up to rep 7 learning along the way....Yeah..../sarcasm on I guess I don't know what I'm talking about /sarcasm off

I really don't know why people are getting upset at the idea if actually fixing that? It will only hurt those that used it as a crutch...."oh I can't beat them so I will use a damn near unstoppable cheese mode to win" will suffer if they removed the free heavy after hitting with a kick...

You are mistaken, friend. I was referring to the guy you quoted, eviler. He's the one with sub 40% winrate.

Tobias96716
05-21-2017, 08:23 PM
You are mistaken, friend. I was referring to the guy you quoted, eviler. He's the one with sub 40% winrate.

Ahh lol ok I was like wtf lol

Lyskir
05-21-2017, 08:25 PM
Death match mode
Win ratio 59.41%
Kda 1.70

Duel modes
Win ratio 84.62%
Kda 2.34

i really like your opinions, it would be an honor to duel you :)

Some want to keep their status quo, thats why their dont like your ideas

nerf the kick and buff his health or deflect instead,I think he did not deserve to be dependent on cheese but its look like some want that :(

UbiJurassic
05-21-2017, 11:07 PM
That's an interesting idea to balance what many believe is one of the biggest problems with shinobi. We'd love to hear more thoughts on this. :)

Dizzy4213
05-21-2017, 11:20 PM
Taking away the heavy from the kick is a bit too much. It's too risky to throw out a ranged heavy and Shinobi is never going to land a heavy from neutral. His heavy attacks are slower the Lawbringers for God's sake.

You also can't remove the Hyper Armour from the kick since it will then be useless. A simple attack would stop any followup from the double dodge making it obsolete.

I'm not sure how to fix it, without going overboard. Shinobi to me is nothing but a gimmicky character, and that's what makes it so difficult. I'm almost certain Ubisoft is going to nerf him into oblivion due the sheer amount of rage posts about the kick with nothing to compensate him with. I've gotten Shinobi to Rep 6 but I can no longer continue to play him. He does fine in duels and brawls, but I don't like playing those modes, plus it takes ages to find a match. Taking him into 4v4 doesn't seem like much of an issue at first, till you realise he can more or less be one shot thanks to Defence Penetration and Gear Score. Without even needing any buffs, feats or revenge to do it. One mistake and you're dead. That to me, is not fun at all.

Pain-Seeker
05-22-2017, 01:31 AM
Shinobis kick cant be nerfed , otherwhise he will go lowest tier there is , even lower than raider pre buff. Hes been out for not even week now and players in higher lvl already know all his mixups
and have no problem dodging the kick . Its already rare for them to fall for dodge into GB instead of kick . I myself have no problem with it . Damage from heavy isnt big at all . Consediring shinobis HP and dmg input hes able to do without ranged GB and parries it takes ages to kill someone . Not to say if you make one or two mistake you re dead. Leave him as he is .