PDA

View Full Version : Valkyrie is a trashcan

radi0wantcandy
05-21-2017, 03:38 AM
Nothing says, 'safe pick,' like a Valkyrie player.

Antonioj26
05-21-2017, 03:41 AM
Nothing says, 'safe pick,' like a Valkyrie player.

Safe in what way? She's upper mid tier at best. She's just a noob stomper

BeefMan_
05-21-2017, 03:44 AM
Safe in what way? She's upper mid tier at best. She's just a noob stomper

She's a more broken PK on console. Her light->sweep is also glitched, as it's undodgeable if the second light attack hits you.

radi0wantcandy
05-21-2017, 03:47 AM
She's a more broken PK on console. Her light->sweep is also glitched, as it's unblockable if the second light attack hits you.

This ^

Antonioj26
05-21-2017, 03:51 AM
She's a more broken PK on console. Her light->sweep is also glitched, as it's unblockable if the second light attack hits you.

Sweep is unblockable no matter what, you need to dodge it. I'm on console and I stomp valks all the time. They are probably the most punishable hero in the game. All of her attacks are unsafe.

Shield bash gives a free gb if dodged
Allguard shield bash gives a free gb if dodged
Sweep gives a free gb if dodged
Dash attacks give a free gb if blocked

All risk and pretty low reward tbh
Shield bash yields no damage, it's just an attack to lead up to the sweep mixup

Allguard knockdown gives a dash attack if full charged 17 damage.
Sweep gives a heavy 25 damage.
Dash attacks do 17 damage.

So if an opponent guesses right or defends himself 50% of the time on these attacks he's come out on top as most gb heavy follow ups do between 30-35 damage and even more if there is a wall nearby. Really underwhelming and unsafe character if played against anyone with good footsies or knows how to parry/block.

radi0wantcandy
05-21-2017, 03:57 AM
It all comes back to the unilateral issue in this game with the ability to chain spam. Punishing her mistakes aside, in the right hands if you allow even a couple light attacks through a Valk can keep you locked in her chain spam with little to no counterplay.

radi0wantcandy
05-21-2017, 03:58 AM
I seriously do not understand how hard it is to up the stamina cost of the key abilities that lead to the chain spam and make them cost so much that a full chain can't be repeated.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-21-2017, 03:59 AM
Valkyrie is a noob stomper for noobs.

- She literally only does 3 things well and thats it.

- Easy to learn

- Easy to use

- Easy to spam

She is probably the easiest character to do well with than anyone else other than maybe Shugoki or Warlord.

Antonioj26
05-21-2017, 04:02 AM
Valkyrie is a noob stomper for noobs.

- She literally only does 3 things well and thats it.

- Easy to learn

- Easy to use

- Easy to spam

She is probably the easiest character to do well with than anyone else other than maybe Shugoki or Warlord.

So still a noob stomper. Like I said if you have good footsies and know how to block she's cake to destroy.

radi0wantcandy
05-21-2017, 04:02 AM
Off-topic but why are all the samurai characters over designed... It's like they are given a massive move list just because they're japanese.

RenegadeRasta
05-21-2017, 04:20 AM
Off-topic but why are all the samurai characters over designed... It's like they are given a massive move list just because they're japanese.

Shugoki does not have a massive movelist.

RenegadeRasta
05-21-2017, 04:25 AM
And yea. Screw Valkyrie. All they do is sweep.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-21-2017, 04:32 AM

Uhhhhhh.....Shugoki has the smallest moveset in the game?

Also Kensei is one of the most requested buffs in the game due to his lack of options.

Antonioj26
05-21-2017, 04:33 AM
And yea. Screw Valkyrie. All they do is sweep.

Just dodge it for free damage

RenegadeRasta
05-21-2017, 07:01 AM
Just dodge it for free damage

I do.

Sincerity117
05-21-2017, 07:37 AM
She's a more broken PK on console. Her light->sweep is also glitched, as it's undodgeable if the second light attack hits you.

Sounds like you just suck. I dodge valk sweeps all day

Fenrirwolf24
05-21-2017, 03:09 PM
Valk is so easy to predict tho. Majority of Valks are gonna use the spear sweep so just block/parry the lights or dodge the spear sweep. Its not that hard. Ive main Valk and ive had alot of people dodge the spear sweep. And before yall say anything i rarely use the spear sweep. Plus she does hardly any damage with her lights.

Dizzy4213
05-21-2017, 03:13 PM

No it's undodgeable if you try to block the second light and fail.

Why? Because there is a buffer of the guard switch which prevents you from back dashing if you tried to block the light but failed. If you just eat the light instead, you can dodge the sweep without any issues.

Lord_Nirgal
05-21-2017, 03:13 PM
Valk is so weak man...
lowest damage, most unsafe gameplay, lot of fuss to land a couple of hits, half your stamina gone and you look up to your enemy and he is just scratched.

nope if you feel valk is too strong you should try that character for a bit and learn how it works, than you can talk about her.

Fenrirwolf24
05-21-2017, 03:18 PM
Valk is so weak man...
lowest damage, most unsafe gameplay, lot of fuss to land a couple of hits, half your stamina gone and you look up to your enemy and he is just scratched.

nope if you feel valk is too strong you should try that character for a bit and learn how it works, than you can talk about her.

So true. Try playing Valk and fighting an Orachi. Every block he does he gets a free gb. 3-4 gb heavies and your dead. if your playing against good players then Valk is by far one of the hardest characters to play.

Antonioj26
05-21-2017, 03:22 PM
So true. Try playing Valk and fighting an Orachi. Every block he does he gets a free gb. 3-4 gb heavies and your dead. if your playing against good players then Valk is by far one of the hardest characters to play.

Yep like I said, she's a noob stomper. That's not to say she can't do well but her effectiveness starts to taper off at higher levels where people know how to punish her risky playstyle.

Lord_Nirgal
05-21-2017, 03:22 PM
Yep like I said, she's a noob stomper. That's not to say she can't do well but her effectiveness starts to taper off at higher levels where people know how to punish her risky playstyle.

may i add: risky and not rewarding

Antonioj26
05-21-2017, 03:27 PM
may i add: risky and not rewarding

Yeah I broke it down in an earlier post that the rewards she gets from her risky attacks are minimal and can at best net you 1 bar of damage and if punished can lose a bar and a half and can be way worse than that if a wall is nearby.

Yarzahn
05-21-2017, 03:27 PM

What the hell, are you drunk? Sweep is always unblockable.

I play on console too and she's pretty easy to fight. Mostly because she deals very little damage per hit and she's punished hard once she fails one hit.
But yeah, if you are a baddie who can't block a single light attack, you are gonna be on your back a lot. That's an issue with you, not the character.

For me the hardest characters to fight are good Kensei (try not getting parry baited when he feints regularly on console + I cannot consistently get myself to block his sidestep reverse attack. Even though I lose a lot to Kensei, I am not stupid enough to come on the forums crying that Kensei is OP *hint*