PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT Put Dinosaurs in Far Cry, Please

Newman_Oldman1
05-21-2017, 03:11 AM
The Far Cry series consists of the following elements:
-A protagonist in a fish out of water scenario where he/she must take action in a conflict in order to reach his/her own goal
-A fictional setting based on real locations
-Is grounded in reality, portraying a plausible series of events. Any supernatural elements are explained away as hallucinations from drugs, and are therefore not actually real in the game world.
Because of these defining elements, it seems to me that dinosaurs, vampires, magic, or any other unrealistic crap do not belong in a Far Cry game. The only time any kind of supernatural or abstract elements may appear in the game is during an hallucination induced by drugs. I'm not against having games without supernatural elements or dinosaurs, but Far Cry is not the game in which to do it. Realistic/plausible settings and characters only.

Canadian Beer42
05-28-2017, 06:46 PM
I don't think Far Cry with dinosaurs is a problem, in fact I hope they do have dinosaurs. However I hope dinosaurs don't make it into the main game. What I mean is the main games are the ones with a number at the end, but things like Blood Dragon or Primal are side-games. What I think is going on is Ubisoft is going to make a main game and then a side-game. Hopefully they have a "Far Cry Jurassic" or something along those lines.

mistados
05-28-2017, 08:12 PM
everything tastes better with dinosaurs

HorTyS
05-28-2017, 09:24 PM
The Far Cry series consists of the following elements:
-A protagonist in a fish out of water scenario where he/she must take action in a conflict in order to reach his/her own goal
-A fictional setting based on real locations
-Is grounded in reality, portraying a plausible series of events. Any supernatural elements are explained away as hallucinations from drugs, and are therefore not actually real in the game world.
Because of these defining elements, it seems to me that dinosaurs, vampires, magic, or any other unrealistic crap do not belong in a Far Cry game. The only time any kind of supernatural or abstract elements may appear in the game is during an hallucination induced by drugs. I'm not against having games without supernatural elements or dinosaurs, but Far Cry is not the game in which to do it. Realistic/plausible settings and characters only.

Well I think it's a bit of an entitled & arrogant point of view to believe that we as consumers are the ones to determine what makes Far Cry, Far Cry. Ubisoft are the ones who create these games, they're the ones who make the game what it is, not us. Obviously they use our feedback to inform their decision making, but clearly not all of us are in agreement about the best direction to go with each new game. I thought primal was a bit of a misstep, but there are plenty of people in this very forum who believe it was the best game in the series yet.... I thoroughly enjoyed FC4 and believed it to be an improvement upon 3 in nearly every way, some fans would argue it was the low point of the franchise.... we are not the ones in control of what Far Cry is, it's the people who are actually in a position to make an idea into a game that can determine what these games become. Those are my thoughts on the subject. ...

I don't think Far Cry with dinosaurs is a problem, in fact I hope they do have dinosaurs. However I hope dinosaurs don't make it into the main game. What I mean is the main games are the ones with a number at the end, but things like Blood Dragon or Primal are side-games. What I think is going on is Ubisoft is going to make a main game and then a side-game. Hopefully they have a "Far Cry Jurassic" or something along those lines.

I've been suggesting since Primal was announced that if they sort of do a leap-frog approach to releasing mainline, numbered titles & off-shoot, primal-like spin-offs and just alternate the releases of the 2, that might be the best solution. That way if you only like the main ones, you can just skip the off-shoots. This would diminish franchise fatigue for the people who do not buy every title, and would keep people on both sides of the camp happy for the most part (except the greedy ones who just want all the games to be the way they want them to be) And for anyone who is capable of enjoying both types of FC games? Well, we get spoiled...(I know I've kinda dumped on primal but it was enjoyable at least, just less so for me than any game before it)

everything tastes better with dinosaurs

Untrue... not even just in my opinion, I'm talking categorically and in every sense of the word, untrue...

BonafideBacon
05-28-2017, 10:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYKupOsaJmk
Really hope this song is on the in game radio now.

angstik
05-29-2017, 01:24 AM
Untrue... not even just in my opinion, I'm talking categorically and in every sense of the word, untrue...

Spielberg movies and tropical theme parks are better with dinosaurs though.

HorTyS
05-29-2017, 01:26 AM
Spielberg movies and tropical theme parks are better with dinosaurs though.

Not so sure Schindler's List would've been better with the presence of dinosaurs... Or Jaws, or Saving Private Ryan....

angstik
05-29-2017, 01:32 AM
Not so sure Schindler's List would've been better with the presence of dinosaurs... Or Jaws, or Saving Private Ryan....

I would have bet anything that you'd answer something like that. And specifically you. I mean, Spielberg movies and tropical theme park, I'm obviously referring to the one and only Jurassic Park. you're smart enough to have understood this. This was just for fun. You've got the point, if that's what you're looking for.

HorTyS
05-29-2017, 02:02 AM
Jurrasic Park is about dinosaurs though, they're the whole point of those movies, and the discussion has been about adding dinosaurs to things that don't already have them... I knew what you were trying to say but this chain of replies started when mistados said "everything tastes better with dinosaurs" in reference to my, lets say, lack of desire for FC to have them in a potential future title...

Newman_Oldman1
05-29-2017, 01:50 PM
Respectfully, I don't think it's arrogant or entitled to provide feedback to a product on a company sponsored forum, which is meant to receive feedback on it's products. Besides, my post wasn't strictly directed at the developers, but was also meant to explain to the fans who want dinosaurs why I believe dinosaurs do not belong in a far cry game. Plus, the outline I gave for Far Cry wasn't my own outline, but an accurate description of the characteristics of every Far Cry game the DEVELOPERS have put out up until now. I do agree with the point that a dinosaur based DLC would be okay as long as its not the main game. I actually enjoyed Blood Dragon because it was humorous, way over the top, and was standalone DLC and not a full Far Cry game.

Somghai
05-30-2017, 01:23 AM
I think blood dragon was one of the best games Ubisoft ever made. Therefore I think a short spin off game which is essentially Jurassic park with a bit of humor and a lot of heart would be a fantastic idea. Dinosaurs by the megaton.

EdEddnED-E
05-30-2017, 01:34 AM
There is yet to be an amazing Jurassic Park inspired game! I mean a good one, not some half assed game selling under the 'Jurassic Park' name. I mean a game so good that people would think that Jurassic Park was based of it!!

HorTyS
05-30-2017, 05:56 AM
Just play ARK.

I don't like the dinosaur idea myself, but this reply is kinda like me suggesting you just go play Halo Forge wouldn't you agree?

AkenoKobayashi
05-30-2017, 09:54 PM
Where are you getting the dinosaur concept from...?

HorTyS
05-31-2017, 12:05 AM
Well people crying for dinosaurs. ARK best dinosaur game with 70 -100 player count servers. UBISOFT scared to have anything more then 10 players lately. We seen that in Rainbow Six Siege with 5vs5 and GRAW Wildlands only 4 player co-op with maybe a multiplayer patched in later on. Also not a fan of Halo. Last game I bought from that franchise was Halo 3. Friends begged me to get it. If Battlefield or COD had a map editor I'd stop coming to this forum cause UBISOFT sucks this generation for consoles. But I already asked DICE a million times. They said no cause the destruction. COD wouldn't be so bad since I see CODWII is 18 players according to preorder.

Ok but maybe the people who want dinosaurs don't like ark, just as you don't like halo, just pointing out that suggesting an alternate game is dismissive. I'm guilty of the same, I said they should be begging for a new turok game, but that game has much more in common with FC than ark does from my estimation...Also CoD has had MP as a high priority from the first game & beyond, where as the MP has never been front & center for FC as a brand/ franchise....

Where are you getting the dinosaur concept from...?

some poll ubi sent out 3 years ago...

mistados
05-31-2017, 11:03 AM
Well, there won't be any in this game that's for sure hehe

D.DVD
05-31-2017, 11:44 AM
Please not in the main game ;)

IsAZebraACat
05-31-2017, 12:03 PM
There were no humans around when there were dinosaurs, so how would they?

Unless you play as a dinosaur or whatever evolutionary ancestors were alive at the time...

Canadian Beer42
06-07-2017, 12:58 AM
There were no humans around when there were dinosaurs, so how would they?

Unless you play as a dinosaur or whatever evolutionary ancestors were alive at the time...

Have you seen Jurassic Park?

MikeJDRW
07-26-2017, 06:24 PM
I think the Devs have been extremely generous with the amount of animals they had in FC4. We don't need dinosaurs!

I haven't played Primal, probably wont. I like FPS and tend to stick with what I enjoy.

GameGuru2018
07-28-2017, 05:39 PM
As for me, developers, you can put in the game everything you like! You want dinos....? No problems! You want leprechauns? Please......! You want water-nymphs? Wellcome...! You may put in your game even 7 dwarves ..........but, please, make the game interesting and catchy!

HorTyS
07-28-2017, 05:47 PM
And yet you want them to scale back the number of guns? You've a much different vision for FC than myself mister...

GameGuru2018
07-28-2017, 05:58 PM
I mean, when real master touches the canvas.....it becomes a masterpiece!:) This is the mistery of Art......you could not even think......and "gold"!

HorTyS
07-28-2017, 08:17 PM
I mean, when real master touches the canvas.....it becomes a masterpiece!:) This is the mistery of Art......you could not even think......and "gold"!

There are a lot of words in this post, but it doesn't seem like you actually said anything....

GameGuru2018
08-01-2017, 09:51 PM
O.k I will decipher, specially for you!:) Have you seen the movie "Terminator 2"? And "Terminator 3"? Very similar.....money, actor. But can you feel the difference of two seemed so similar movies? And the difference is great! One movie is a real piece of art another is so-so.......What do you think, what was missed? I can tell you.......James Cameron was missed! An Artist! Real Artist with the capital letter was missed. Who created "Titanic"! Every movie he touches.....turns to be an art. Even if he uses dwarfs or leprechauns.....movie will be great. Because he is an Artist. Everything he touches will be a "gold"! He has a Vision. This is what I mean by saying - "when a real artist touches the canvas it is .....masterpiece" So .....concerning FarCry. There were talented people in their team (I can judge it by FarCry3)........I don't know how today.....but hope they are still there.......and if they decided to put even dinosaurs or nymphs in the game, it will be made in a talented way and will not spoil the game!

Gr4nt8r0dy
08-02-2017, 02:54 AM
O.k I will decipher, specially for you!:) Have you seen the movie "Terminator 2"? And "Terminator 3"? Very similar.....money, actor. But can you feel the difference of two seemed so similar movies? And the difference is great! One movie is a real piece of art another is so-so.......What do you think, what was missed? I can tell you.......James Cameron was missed! An Artist! Real Artist with the capital letter was missed. Who created "Titanic"! Every movie he touches.....turns to be an art. Even if he uses dwarfs or leprechauns.....movie will be great. Because he is an Artist. Everything he touches will be a "gold"! He has a Vision. This is what I mean by saying - "when a real artist touches the canvas it is .....masterpiece" So .....concerning FarCry. There were talented people in their team (I can judge it by FarCry3)........I don't know how today.....but hope they are still there.......and if they decided to put even dinosaurs or nymphs in the game, it will be made in a talented way and will not spoil the game!

i needed deciphering also didnt you say in that other thread that far cry should only be realistick and that all video games will one day be only realisim based how are leprecons and nymphs realistick then make up your mind or maybe because bigfoot is real those creatures are all real also

HorTyS
08-02-2017, 06:14 AM
i needed deciphering also didnt you say in that other thread that far cry should only be realistick and that all video games will one day be only realisim based how are leprecons and nymphs realistick then make up your mind or maybe because bigfoot is real those creatures are all real also

http://www.beckyferreira.com/uploads/9/2/0/8/920811/7984600_orig.gif

GameGuru2018
08-03-2017, 09:14 PM
Gr4nt8rody and HorTys, don't look at the finger....but look to where the finger points! Don't stick to the words.....try to understand the meaning! Always try to read between the lines! Sometimes it is not important what sais a person, but more important why he sais that! What stands behind his words. And....try to expand your perception of the world!:) As for sasquatches - it is not question of belief : I believe or not. It is reality......but you are not ready to perceive it. You may believe or not.... in God, for example, but not in sasquatches. You can not believe in reality, it is existance. May be you will be able to understand it in this way - there are thousands witnesses of sasquatches but can you show me even one witness of God???!

Gr4nt8r0dy
08-04-2017, 01:38 AM
Gr4nt8rody and HorTys, don't look at the finger....but look to where the finger points! Don't stick to the words.....try to understand the meaning! Always try to read between the lines! Sometimes it is not important what sais a person, but more important why he sais that! What stands behind his words. And....try to expand your perception of the world!:) As for sasquatches - it is not question of belief : I believe or not. It is reality......but you are not ready to perceive it. You may believe or not.... in God, for example, but not in sasquatches. You can not believe in reality, it is existance. May be you will be able to understand it in this way - there are thousands witnesses of sasquatches but can you show me even one witness of God???!

it is not reality reality is verifiable with concrete evidence and all you can provide is third hand accounts from loonys who say he smells nice and talks to them telepathicly there are just as many people who say god appeared to them on toast or when they died before being revived believe what you want but dont try to say it is real and that those who are not sharing your view are wrong for doing so

HorTyS
08-04-2017, 06:25 AM
I am not sharing your view and I am right for doing so.

I kind of agree with Gr4nt8rody though, am I wrong? I do not believe bigfoot is real, and as yet there is literally no hard evidence to prove me wrong. Seems like that's all Gr4nt8rody is saying. guru talks a lot of rubbish about it and seemingly expects people to believe it as if it is a common and accepted belief, but it is far from that...

Oh and I'm with OP, no dinos in FC, Ubi should just get the rights to TUROK from Disney & make a TUROK game...

Gr4nt8r0dy
08-05-2017, 01:15 AM
I am not sharing your view and I am right for doing so.

you are free to agree or disagree with whatever opinions you want that is what i am saying but it seems to me that Gameguru2018 is saying his opinion that sasquatch is real is a fact that people who do not believe in it are wrong and i disagree with that but if you believe in sasquatch go on a head but just dont say i am wrong because i dont because his existance is not a fact

HorTyS
08-05-2017, 09:00 AM
you are free to agree or disagree with whatever opinions you want that is what i am saying but it seems to me that Gameguru2018 is saying his opinion that sasquatch is real is a fact that people who do not believe in it are wrong and i disagree with that but if you believe in sasquatch go on a head but just dont say i am wrong because i dont because his existance is not a fact

Pretty much this. Acknowledgement that belief in sasquatch is just that, belief, not fact, thats really all I think any of us think should happen. Friggin' church pastors aren't this insistent their beliefs are fact to those who choose not to believe.

HorTyS
08-05-2017, 06:18 PM
That's not true but even if it was the case you're committing a logical fallacy: argumentum ad populum.
Once upon a time everyone believed that the earth was flat...

A belief that is making an inexplicable resurgence actually.

Ubi-Zoro
08-05-2017, 08:01 PM
A belief that is making an inexplicable resurgence actually.

Against all logic and readily available evidence, it seems.

GameGuru2018
08-05-2017, 09:05 PM
"Everyone believed that the earth was flat" - very natural vision! And realistic! For that time, of course. They had no NASSA pics of the earth! Imagine yourself at their place! You would also laugh at a man who sais that the earth is round! "What??? Are you blind?! Just look around! Earth is flat! Are you crazy at all! If earth was round we would have fallen long ago!" I see nothing unnatural in their vision.

HorTyS
08-05-2017, 10:57 PM
It shows how irrelevant the popularity of a belief is to the actual truth.
It was a wrong statement based on ignorance as is for people who believe in bigfoot...

https://media.giphy.com/media/kYsBThMhhalLG/giphy.gif

GameGuru2018
08-06-2017, 08:14 PM
O.k! Just tell me who is singing? Ignorant drunken tourist???
https://youtu.be/SXxQ2JSIn4Q

HorTyS
08-07-2017, 05:46 AM
O.k! Just tell me who is singing? Ignorant drunken tourist???

http://airstre.am/dopamine72/Nicolas%20Cage%20Laugh.gif

HorTyS
08-07-2017, 06:15 PM
I can make the same sounds saying those words while inhaling. Thinking it's impossible for a human make such noises doesn't do much to disprove the level of gullibility on display here...

GameGuru2018
08-07-2017, 07:59 PM
Some sasquatches are wonderful singers. Especially females. They can sing very beautiful songs. Some men fell in love with them. There were many love affairs between a sasquatch and a human. Sasquatch can love much stronger then a man! And one of the story even you know - it's called "The beauty and the beast"

Gr4nt8r0dy
08-08-2017, 03:14 AM
Some sasquatches are wonderful singers. Especially females. They can sing very beautiful songs. Some men fell in love with them. There were many love affairs between a sasquatch and a human. Sasquatch can love much stronger then a man! And one of the story even you know - it's called "The beauty and the beast"

keyword in your post has been hi lighted and the beast in that cartoon was more warewolf then bigfoot

HorTyS
08-08-2017, 06:07 AM
keyword in your post has been hi lighted and the beast in that cartoon was more warewolf then bigfoot

So he was a werewolf that became a bigfoot??

*should've been 'than'....

If they do end up making a FC with dinosaurs, they could put bigfoot in that one since realism would already be out the window...

Ubi-Salvenius
08-08-2017, 03:53 PM
Brb asking the devs to put Sasquatch riding a dinosaur into Hope County

http://i.imgur.com/8TRbWHM.gif

GameGuru2018
08-08-2017, 06:22 PM
The Beast - is not a werewolf! Where did you get that? In Hollywood movies? Prototype of The Beast - is sasquatch. As for that tape - it is 100% sasquatch singing. Just listen many other tapes with sasquatch voices - they are all similar. Like we people have, more or less, similar voices....so sasquatches' male voices are similar. If it was lying (some fake tapes with sasquatch voices) they would be all different. As sasquatch witnesses - if they were lying or having some hallucinations......it would be different visions (all witnesses can't have the one hallucination). But they all speaking about and describing the same creature! Truth can be only -one, but lyings are thousands , you can lie in thousand ways (That's why so many different religions, and God interpretations, they all see God in different ways - because, saying directly, they are all lyings). So..... witnesses of sasquatch are talking about the same creature.....Sorry, guys ....checkmate!

HorTyS
08-08-2017, 06:32 PM
The Beast - is not a werewolf! Where did you get that? In Hollywood movies? Prototype of The Beast - is sasquatch. As for that tape - it is 100% sasquatch singing. Just listen many other tapes with sasquatch voices - they are all similar. Like we people have, more or less, similar voices....so sasquatches' male voices are similar. If it was lying (some fake tapes with sasquatch voices) they would be all different. As sasquatch witnesses - if they were lying or having some hallucinations......it would be different visions (all witnesses can't have the one hallucination). But they all speaking about and describing the same creature! Truth can be only -one, but lyings are thousands , you can lie in thousand ways (That's why so many different religions, and God interpretations, they all see God in different ways - because, saying directly, they are all lyings). So..... witnesses of sasquatch are talking about the same creature.....Sorry, guys ....checkmate!

haha, nope.

Duruun
12-20-2017, 12:31 PM
Lol you think magick is just hallucinations? wow grow up... it has been practioned it thousands of years you are either a dumb christians or a ******ed atheist, Also how the **** is dinosaurs consiered foctional to you? they exist but right you belive god put them there to trick humans******

Viragoxv535
12-20-2017, 01:09 PM
Duruun, welcome to the forum.

He was probably referring to the fact that dinosaurs have not co-existed with human beings and would therefore be a big omission from a game that tries to mimic reality.
And please stop swearing or flaming - we're only here to share our opinions in a civil manner.

akilyoung
12-20-2017, 03:45 PM
Id love to see a dino off shoot game, it would kind of be a mix of FCBD and FCP, and would fall in line with those.

But more than anything, we are due for a space FC...take me to space, other planets, aliens, space ships to traverse open space and fly between the planets. I know thatll never happen cause dunia isnt built for that, but at least we can likely just load between planets, and maybe have small flying ships to fly around the world/planet.

I want high tech laser guns. I want to BE an alien.