PDA

View Full Version : Whats with all these stupid *** effects? What the **** ubisoft?

Smitty1080
05-21-2017, 12:21 AM
Butterflies? FIREFLIES?!? WHO THE **** EVEN WANTS THESE? You could make something sooo more badass than this and I don't see why you don't do it. An example of some of you badass ones are lightning strike and hell fire... Why did you even put butterflies and fireflies on the menu?

Dizzy4213
05-21-2017, 12:28 AM
Most people would agree they're a bit mediocre but I'm sure there's some people out there that love them.

With regards to effects, it seems like Ubisoft are aware of the complaints. The upcoming effects are much much better than what we have now, so you'll just have to wait until they're released.

Knights will get Blackstone
Samurai will get Jade
Vikings will get Ice

Universal effects for all heroes include: Deathmist, Plasma and Snow

CandleInTheDark
05-21-2017, 12:31 AM
Obviously people do like them, I have seen enough around my executed corpse. No one is forcing you to have them.

UbiNoty
I personally like the butterflies. It's all personal preference and we'll definitely have other effects lined up in the future that might be more your speed.

Smitty1080
Good, I'm glad to hear they are changing things.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-21-2017, 12:32 AM
BREAKING NEWS: PEOPLE LIKE THINGS THAT YOU DON'T LIKE

More at 11.

Pillow_Hands
05-21-2017, 12:40 AM
Butterflies? FIREFLIES?!? WHO THE **** EVEN WANTS THESE? You could make something sooo more badass than this and I don't see why you don't do it. An example of some of you badass ones are lightning strike and hell fire... Why did you even put butterflies and fireflies on the menu?

My girlfriend likes them. She says it makes a beautiful kill even more lovely when butterflies and fireflies dance around the enemy as you behead them.

CandleInTheDark
05-21-2017, 12:43 AM
My girlfriend likes them. She says it makes a beautiful kill even more lovely when butterflies and fireflies dance around the enemy as you behead them.

You...have a scary girlfriend.

(because it is the internet and no tone and all, just joking, usually I don't clarify but relationships and all).

Pillow_Hands
05-21-2017, 12:45 AM
You...have a scary girlfriend.

(because it is the internet and no tone and all, just joking, usually I don't clarify but relationships and all).

Even more scary because she's been doing kick boxing for 10 years. I just let her win all the arguments.

CandleInTheDark
05-21-2017, 12:48 AM
Even more scary because she's been doing kick boxing for 10 years. I just let her win all the arguments.

Wise choice lol.

SirCorrino
05-21-2017, 12:51 AM
I personally like the butterflies. It's all personal preference and we'll definitely have other effects lined up in the future that might be more your speed.

Is it possible to get a client-side setting to disable them completely? Some of us really don't want them in the game as a lot of them are very immersion-breaking.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-21-2017, 12:55 AM
Is it possible to get a client-side setting to disable them completely? Some of us really don't want them in the game as a lot of them are very immersion-breaking.

Okay now that is just silly.

SirCorrino
05-21-2017, 12:59 AM
Okay now that is just silly.

Why? I don't want to see flames spouting out of people's shoulders and the ground or a blob of darkness floating around in a low fantasy setting with magic being non-existent. The sakura leaves are sort of alright as it's fairly subtle, but really I just don't want to see them at all.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-21-2017, 01:02 AM
Why? I don't want to see flames spouting out of people's shoulders and the ground or a blob of darkness floating around in a low fantasy setting with magic being non-existent. The sakura leaves are sort of alright as it's fairly subtle, but really I just don't want to see them at all.

Yeah no.

The entire point of the effects is for people to look cool and feel cool. The purpose is defeated entirely if other people can turn them off.

psyminion
05-21-2017, 01:09 AM
unless it got changed with season 2 (haven't been at my ps4 since last Monday) you CAN disable the effects, or only show yours iirc. settings under user interface I think.