PDA

View Full Version : Limit Dup player choices

Dkdninja420
05-20-2017, 10:28 PM
I just fought 4 dominion matches with stacked Centurions(all 4) it ended in 2 min 14 sec....two of my team players were rep 12-13 144's. Stop this or your game will DIE, FOR EVER!!!!

CoyoteXStarrk
05-20-2017, 10:32 PM
I agree.

It would only make the game better. Force players to play more than one class, and prevent the cheesy compositions like 4 Nobushi or 4 Centurians

Sir_rage_quit
05-20-2017, 10:34 PM
i agree

It wont fix everything but it will be a good start( but we should choose before the matchmaking so someone that just want to play one classe wont ragequit after this one become already pick and also fix a matchmaking problem we have since beta )

CandleInTheDark
05-20-2017, 10:50 PM
Only works if gearscore isn't a thing. We don't all have four characters in epic gear.

Sir_rage_quit
05-20-2017, 11:00 PM
Only works if gearscore isn't a thing. We don't all have four characters in epic gear.

not if you choose before the matchmaking

UbiNoty
05-20-2017, 11:02 PM
We can bring it up as a suggestion with the team - this might be more feasible in the future with more heroes but it would limit player options quite severely as of right now.

Gray360UK
05-20-2017, 11:05 PM
We can bring it up as a suggestion with the team - this might be more feasible in the future with more heroes but it would limit player options quite severely as of right now.

It's what you do in R6 Siege though, right? :)

Dkdninja420
05-20-2017, 11:09 PM
limit to 2 at minimum for the moment....change if the centurion OP Gank meta changes

KyleTessada
05-20-2017, 11:10 PM
And I'm sure it ended due to babies getting mad and quitting? How about teaming up and taking them out....

UbiJurassic
05-20-2017, 11:11 PM
We've been seeing the community feedback, and even a few videos, on Centurion squads in 4v4 modes being a rather large problem, so we'd definitely like to hear more players' thoughts on a change like this.

Dkdninja420
05-20-2017, 11:12 PM
yo... negativity is not going to help fix the problem, and we tried FYI....

NOT_PeaceKeeper
05-20-2017, 11:15 PM
We've been seeing the community feedback, and even a few videos, on Centurion squads in 4v4 modes being a rather large problem, so we'd definitely like to hear more players' thoughts on a change like this.

Well limiting classes or buffing revenge so centrion and Naruto cant just punch/kicked you into stunlock would help. Otherwise its no reason to play this game since the meta seems to be shifting to spamlock gank squads

Dkdninja420
05-20-2017, 11:17 PM
UbiJurassic, thank you for listening, and for everyone else reading, this isn't a salty "Get Gud" QQ post. Legitimately causes people to quit and games error, no finished games no exp/gear/progress/FUN..... Be logical and respectful here, please.

CandleInTheDark
05-20-2017, 11:17 PM

If it were a mode without gearscore, yes, all fine with it and if the game modes currently there are still there untouched, but we don't all have time to get to rep 5 with four characters, not everyone even likes four characters, there are people here who claim to only do one faction of characters, I have seen one person who says he only plays one character, you screw over people who fall into two out of three of those situations with no dups. Siege was mentioned but in siege you don't get benefits for levelling up, Mute is Mute every game, no more or less.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-20-2017, 11:18 PM
At the very least limit it to 2 of the same class.

Sir_rage_quit
05-20-2017, 11:18 PM
Well limiting classes or buffing revenge so centrion and Naruto cant just punch/kicked you into stunlock would help. Otherwise its no reason to play this game since the meta seems to be shifting to spamlock gank squads

Im more for a classe limitation over the revenge option

OokiireteHoshii
05-20-2017, 11:21 PM
With the already low player base (rip MILLIONS of viewers) choosing your character before will result in matchmaking taking ages to find 8 players with a different hero...not gonna work for now. Since the release of s2 i never had to deal with centurion/shinobi squads and i feel for everybody who suffered from this. Personally i don't really enjoy playing 4v4s, i q for them only to get enough rep for a better looking armor.

CandleInTheDark
05-20-2017, 11:26 PM
Someone the other day wanted to go a step further and have bans also and both of those together really would screw me over. The only characters I am decent enough with to do pvp with are peacekeeper, warden, berserker, shinobi. So let's say both teams get to vote on a ban, I would bet four times in five I lose peacekeeper, that's the only one I have in anything but grey gear so whatever happens I am at a disadvantage.

Ok, so peacekeeper out, I go for the warden but someone was already on there, is their main, he gets it, shinobi goes because I was going for warden and someone else has already taken berserker. Suddenly I don't have a character. Warden I intend to practice with but right now my gameplay is far below the other three, so even without the ban, I am very quickly in a situation where again I could be left without a character that I am competitive with.

Maybe a strict form of ranked mode, if there is one with restrictions and one without, or an extra dominion mode with no dup rules, but if you do it all across the board on the current games without giving the choice, I would bet there are people worse off than me.

I am not saying this as someone who wants to be in a premade with four of one character, I am saying it as someone who wants to either play the character I feel like or level the one I am currently set on levelling. Hey maybe one day I will learn raider or learn to get better at valkyrie or nobushi or pick up centurion to add to my options and maybe in a couple years I could have them all in whatever the top gear is then but I do not feel that I should be forced to to be able to play a character I am good with in a decent set of gear.

Elzziwelzzif
05-20-2017, 11:28 PM
I'd say a few changes in regards to this:

Make players choose their hero before matchmaking.
No changing heroes after each round (maybe only between your pre-sets for said chosen hero).
If you wish to play as another hero you will have to drop out of the match.

The Rainbow 6 road, although decent, would screw players greatly bacause of the levels/ gearscore (and cosmetics).

Having a rep10 Nob, but non other hero above rep1 means me not being able to play Nobushi ends up a great decrease in my performance.

They would have to get away with the whole gearscore concept because it would greatly gimp players who cant play their main.
Keeping aside the balance issues with a melee based game compared to a shooter.

If you choose before the match who you wish to play leaser used hero's will find more matches, and the OP FOTM will have quite some loading time.

Sir_rage_quit
05-20-2017, 11:31 PM
With the already low player base (rip MILLIONS of viewers) choosing your character before will result in matchmaking taking ages to find 8 players with a different hero...not gonna work for now. Since the release of s2 i never had to deal with centurion/shinobi squads and i feel for everybody who suffered from this. Personally i don't really enjoy playing 4v4s, i q for them only to get enough rep for a better looking armor.

it may take ages to find a game right now if we do that i agree . That will also make people stay after the game if win or lost ( at least i hope )

Dkdninja420
05-20-2017, 11:40 PM
ive started to just play against AI in dom, skirm and elim to level up. Its an option everyone has. Dont forget that option.....

CandleInTheDark
05-20-2017, 11:41 PM
ive started to just play against AI in dom, skirm and elim to level up. Its an option everyone has. Dont forget that option.....

And again why should we be forced to play against bots for half xp because we want to be sure we have the character we like and/or have in decent gear? That logic works both ways, ai teams don't have more than one of a particular hero.

KyleTessada
05-20-2017, 11:41 PM
I'm not trying to be salty... but it would be much better to do temp bans on rage/baby quiters.... play the match to its finish... you still get experience, loot and steel....
So what you don't get to win every match. So what you might lose more than one in a row. Facing 4 Cent? Team up and kick their butts... easy enough to do.
Try playing through matches as any rep over say 10...
My main is now rep 19.... know what gets me salty? People who will throw instead of even trying to fight.... even saltier? Chumps who force quit and end the game. Grow up. Play and get better or stick to AI matches and the campaign mode.

Dkdninja420
05-20-2017, 11:55 PM
that does not address the whole issue, only part of it. The problem is balance with solo players who dont have a way to communicate to the team. Also if you havnt noticed the two new maps have an issue with location pinging. On Xbox there is at least...

Dkdninja420
05-21-2017, 12:03 AM
And again why should we be forced to play against bots for half xp because we want to be sure we have the character we like and/or have in decent gear? That logic works both ways, ai teams don't have more than one of a particular hero.

it is a good point, if we were "Forced," its still your choice you can play P v P if you choose, tho its a gamble if the round will even finish....

CandleInTheDark
05-21-2017, 12:08 AM
it is a good point, if we were "Forced," its still your choice you can play P v P if you choose, tho its a gamble if the round will even finish....

I gave in a post above a scenario where I might consistently not be able to play characters I would be competitive with, so if I didn't want to be a burden on the team then yes, I would be forced to go to ai. I would also be forced to go to ai where it would take twice as long to get to rep 5 gear for all but one of my characters. So honestly my point of view is unless there is a choice of which ruleset to play, if someone is having a problem with things that are not against the rules that would not be found in ai, it is on them to go there rather than lobby for changes to change things to how they want it.

Dkdninja420
05-21-2017, 12:14 AM
Furthermore I'm color blind, and cant fight the same as everyone else, cause i cant see the Guard most times. That with the 4 Centurions fist f%$#ng me, Im slowly finding myself not having fun, the main reason to play in the first place.... to have FUN!!!!

Dkdninja420
05-21-2017, 12:17 AM
I gave in a post above a scenario where I might consistently not be able to play characters I would be competitive with, so if I didn't want to be a burden on the team then yes, I would be forced to go to ai. I would also be forced to go to ai where it would take twice as long to get to rep 5 gear for all but one of my characters. So honestly my point of view is unless there is a choice of which ruleset to play, if someone is having a problem with things that are not against the rules that would not be found in ai, it is on them to go there rather than lobby for changes to change things to how they want it.

Or play matches that are not dependent on gear stats....

CandleInTheDark
05-21-2017, 12:18 AM
Or play mates that are not dependent on gear stats....

Which means I then do not contribute to the faction war and get no xp at all, so even worse. And again, that logic cuts both ways, the people who don't like the mode the way it is could do that instead of trying to change everyone else's game experience.

CandleInTheDark
05-21-2017, 12:29 AM
Furthermore I'm color blind, and cant fight the same as everyone else, cause i cant see the Guard most times. That with the 4 Centurions fist f%$#ng me, Im slowly finding myself not having fun, the main reason to play in the first place.... to have FUN!!!!

They are working on colourblind mode, so while I sympathise for now (honestly, no sarcasm there) it hopefully shouldn't be an issue too much longer.

Felis_Menari
05-21-2017, 12:36 AM
Well, that could cause some matchmaking issues (as in, severely limit available sessions, when there's already enough matchmaking/connection issues). I've played Lawbringer since the game launched. The only way that's going to change is if I want it to; it certainly isn't going to happen because of an arbitrary rule, put in place due to the devs inability to get a proper hold on the balance of their game.

Dkdninja420
05-21-2017, 12:42 AM
no 4 same characters in 4's. not hard to achieve. Its all im asking 4. f uk

CandleInTheDark
05-21-2017, 12:45 AM
no 4 same characters in 4's. not hard to achieve. Its all im asking 4. f uk

Here is the thing, you are telling us you want it a particular way and if people don't like it they should go places they get half or no xp, the thing there is if these are really viable solutions, those options are currently open to you.

Dkdninja420
05-21-2017, 12:46 AM
Well, that could cause some matchmaking issues (as in, severely limit available sessions, when there's already enough matchmaking/connection issues). I've played Lawbringer since the game launched. The only way that's going to change is if I want it to; it certainly isn't going to happen because of an arbitrary rule, put in place due to the devs inability to get a proper hold on the balance of their game.

Reality check btw. It will change if the dev's want it to, whether you want it or not...

Dkdninja420
05-21-2017, 12:52 AM
Here is the thing, you are telling us you want it a particular way and if people don't like it they should go places they get half or no xp, the thing there is if these are really viable solutions, those options are currently open to you.

I just want to have fun again....in matches that aren't unfairly stacked. I feel as if your one of those 4xcenturion gank rape squads. Do you, I don't care, just don't ruin my entertainment values for it by exploiting ******** strategies.

CandleInTheDark
05-21-2017, 12:57 AM
I just want to have fun again....in matches that aren't unfairly stacked. I feel as if your one of those 4xcenturion gank rape squads. Do you, I don't care, just don't ruin my entertainment values for it by exploiting ******** strategies.

I don't have a single level in centurion nor do I run in pre-mades. I have been open and honest about my reasons in this entire thread and you have reached the point I think you are either trolling or aren't looking to discuss it reasonably.

Dkdninja420
05-21-2017, 01:16 AM
i've asked you respect those who feel different than you, you have not.Only adding negativity to suggestions for the benifit of all. not you and your inability to play something else once in a while. God forbid you have some variety in your life....

pancakerz
05-21-2017, 01:36 AM
this why we need ranked modes. Limit duplicate heroes in ranked, leave it in social.
The reason I'm against limiting player choice is that sometimes it's just FUN to do something stupid and run like 4 lawbros or something. and have everyone spam their first pump at every possible opportunity.

CandleInTheDark
05-21-2017, 01:41 AM
i've asked you respect those who feel different than you, you have not.Only adding negativity to suggestions for the benifit of all. not you and your inability to play something else once in a while. God forbid you have some variety in your life....

That's two posts you have attacked me and not my argument, I am done with this.

BGEEZY1982medic
05-21-2017, 02:04 AM
Problem is their stamina drain, one sneaky centurion, 1 kick, ur done, nothing u can do and their jump plunge attack stab in the gut does way and I mean way too much health, got almost maxed 144 with highest defense available and one plunge takes 3 quarters of health, that's freaking mote than shugoku backbreaker, fix asap

Felis_Menari
05-21-2017, 02:24 AM
Reality check btw. It will change if the dev's want it to, whether you want it or not...

You must be referring to something other than my choice of character, because there's nothing the devs can do to change it. If character choice isn't made before going into matchmaking under a no-duplicate-character system, the amount of backouts (and potentially as a result, disconnects) are going to rise, significantly. And if a punishment system is put in place that doesn't distinguish between before and after match start, well....that will turn For Honor into a steaming pile of **** real quick.