PDA

View Full Version : Quick Question concerning Defense Penetration

Randy_Kamikaze
05-20-2017, 07:13 PM
So Defense Penetration works by ignoring the enemies defense right? He has 50% defense, i have 40% Penetration, so in result he only has 10% defense. Makes sense.

But what about armor pieces that have negative armor penetration? Will that effectively GIVE your opponent more defense? He has 50, i have 40 so he has 90%?

Armadon12345
05-25-2017, 10:53 PM
So, word on the street is the developers said something along the lines of, "noone can go negative defense." So if you put on lots of armor pieces that add up to negative 10% and you fight an opponent who has 0 penetration, he won't be doing 10% more damage to you savvy? Your defense stays at 0 and that's as low as it goes. Point being. I have a gut feeling that penetration works the same way. If he has 50% defense and you have negative 40% penetration, I think he just has the 50% advantage over you and you just don't have penetration power (0). Which sucks because say I'm a player who wants to stack penetration gear, but I fight a player with little or no defense in the first place, I don't have a real advantage over them and I could've capitalized on something else. This is just what I've read from researching this myself. If you find a definitive answer or like, a stats or damage chart of some kind (I love those) please share.

RoosterIlluzion
05-30-2017, 07:55 AM
So, word on the street is the developers said something along the lines of, "noone can go negative defense." So if you put on lots of armor pieces that add up to negative 10% and you fight an opponent who has 0 penetration, he won't be doing 10% more damage to you savvy? Your defense stays at 0 and that's as low as it goes. Point being. I have a gut feeling that penetration works the same way. If he has 50% defense and you have negative 40% penetration, I think he just has the 50% advantage over you and you just don't have penetration power (0). Which sucks because say I'm a player who wants to stack penetration gear, but I fight a player with little or no defense in the first place, I don't have a real advantage over them and I could've capitalized on something else. This is just what I've read from researching this myself. If you find a definitive answer or like, a stats or damage chart of some kind (I love those) please share.

Sounds like Block damage might be the better stat, since that'll at least let you do chip damage when your opponent blocks. And players A L W A Y S block.