PDA

View Full Version : Nwbie Questions...Help?

Dadman
03-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Hiya Gents,

This is Dadman. I'm a veteran of WarBirds but new to IL2. So far I'm VERY IMPRESSED while flying ofline, but I have a few questions.

1. Is there a bug in the Exterior View? I know it's F2 and I mapped it to my CH Products USB Fighter Stick, but it's NOT working. I tried it in the P51 "Train Strafe" scenario and a few others...NO JOY!
2. Is there a way to enable icons? I can't tell friend from foe.
3. How do istart the engine on the Komet?
4. How do I guide the "Mistal?"
THANKS in ADVANCE for the help!

Dadman

Dadman
03-19-2004, 04:59 PM
Hiya Gents,

This is Dadman. I'm a veteran of WarBirds but new to IL2. So far I'm VERY IMPRESSED while flying ofline, but I have a few questions.

1. Is there a bug in the Exterior View? I know it's F2 and I mapped it to my CH Products USB Fighter Stick, but it's NOT working. I tried it in the P51 "Train Strafe" scenario and a few others...NO JOY!
2. Is there a way to enable icons? I can't tell friend from foe.
3. How do istart the engine on the Komet?
4. How do I guide the "Mistal?"
THANKS in ADVANCE for the help!

Dadman

LeChuck59
03-19-2004, 05:07 PM
1. You have to have external views enabled in the difficulty options.

2. Again, check your difficulty options. Once enabled, bind a key to toggle icon and you can then cycle through the various icon options until you find what you like best.

3. I'd imagine it's the same as starting the engine in any other plane, but I haven't tried the YP 80 outside of the QMB so I don't know for certain. I do know that you have to accelerate very slowly in a jet or the engine will flame out.

4. How do you guide it? To fly it at all, it's my understanding that you have to play around in the Full Mission Builder. Someone else will undoubtedly know more.

cruelsword
03-19-2004, 05:10 PM
Welcome in this forum, Dadman!!!
1. go in Difficulty menu, enable Exterior View.
2.go in Difficulty menu, enable Icons.
3.it is a known bug, you cannt start Kommet right now.
4.you guide it from cockpit of your FW.

Regards
Cruel

http://web.tampabay.rr.com/cruelsword/PinkFloyd.jpg

a soul in tension that's learning to fly
condition grounded but determined to try
can't keep my eyes from the-circling-skies
tongue-tied & twisted just an earth-bound misfit, I
Pink Floyd - Learning to Fly

MEAKO
03-19-2004, 05:18 PM
Regarding the 163 the engine will not start because of a bug in the game, oleg is aware of it and it will be fixed in a patch that is due out very soon with some new aircraft.