PDA

View Full Version : Why the drastic gear change?

Viruletic
05-20-2017, 06:21 AM
So I get on after about a month, heard there's a new patch, figured it would be a good time to pick back up. I heard something about gear, so I go in to customize to see what hashe changed.

Well, to my surprise, everything.

I had all my stats set to attack, stamina, and revenge. Now it seems all my stats have been reversed, I have negative attack, stupidly high defense, and for some reason revive speed.

Seeing this already makes me want to put it down before I even play a game. I spent a lot of time farming the steel to get the stats I wanted, only for it to be completely destroyed in a single patch.

Hopefully the rest of this patch is better to make up for my initial sour taste...

That_guy44
05-20-2017, 06:30 AM
They are adding more tiers to gear score. They probably changed it to make the game more balanced on 4v4.

Bracus_Maximus
05-20-2017, 06:57 AM
You may have seen that you got several chests to open for free to compensate it. Also several thousand steel too for the events. If you want you can change your gear immediately so please...

L647
05-20-2017, 07:00 AM
Money money mooonnaayyy monaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Egotistic_Ez
05-20-2017, 07:00 AM
The new gear system removes or moves a lot of stats, so essentially you've just been given random gear. As zsootii said, you were given 4 crates and 12 days champ status to compensate.

Plus if you were rep 5+ you were just gonna buy the new tier anyway so no loss there.

DerHerbman
05-20-2017, 08:11 AM
If they didn't randomize it, you wouldn't have to buy new gear, simple as that! It's Ubisoft, what did you expect?

It's totally fine to ad new, better gear, what is not correct is to simply destroy or old gear! Yes you get 4 chests but how far do you get with these if you lost 3 full 108 gear builds on your Chars?

I'm just glad I did't spend real money on steel. Ubisoft really knows how to piss of there costumers!

Viruletic
05-20-2017, 08:33 AM
The new gear system removes or moves a lot of stats, so essentially you've just been given random gear. As zsootii said, you were given 4 crates and 12 days champ status to compensate.

Plus if you were rep 5+ you were just gonna buy the new tier anyway so no loss there.

I could understand if the gear simply became obsolete for the new tier system, but the randomization seems like a small slap in the face. I wouldn't mind farming new, better gear if my gear became worthless, at least I'd have a leg up on everyone else for new gear.

4 crates hardly make up for the 15 or so premiums I had to buy just to get the stats I wanted, let alone what I had to spend upgrading if they weren't already high level.

This just feels like lousy planning, and after playing for about 10 minutes and seeing the centurion in action, as well as getting a disconnect within the first 30 seconds of starting the game, it's not looking promising.

Egotistic_Ez
05-20-2017, 10:01 AM
I could understand if the gear simply became obsolete for the new tier system, but the randomization seems like a small slap in the face. I wouldn't mind farming new, better gear if my gear became worthless, at least I'd have a leg up on everyone else for new gear.

It's random because the old stats don't exist any more. And they can't really just leave you with old gear, the system was replaced for a reason. There's the potential for exploiting.