PDA

View Full Version : Ubi. Please stop nerfing everything

SpringReborn
05-20-2017, 03:16 AM
I get that you guys are trying to please everyone, but you will end up breaking everything in the end. Same thing happened to Bungie with Destiny. They nerfed almost everyhting because a couple of kids started crying and then they had to roll out a patch to return many of the things to how they originally were because they nerfed them so much they became unusable.

I see that almost every week there is a new nerf. I saw the same thing with bungie. They took over a year to notice their mistake. Please dont do the same

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 03:23 AM
I get that you guys are trying to please everyone, but you will end up breaking everything in the end. Same thing happened to Bungie with Destiny. They nerfed almost everyhting because a couple of kids started crying and then they had to roll out a patch to return many of the things to how they originally were because they nerfed them so much they became unusable.

I see that almost every week there is a new nerf. I saw the same thing with bungie. They took over a year to notice their mistake. Please dont do the same

So I'm curious what your actual mind set is. I'm not trying to debate you just genuinely curious what your thoughts are since there are many like you. Do you think they just got everything correct right off the bat, just on their first try? If that's a no then what's the problem with editing that? If you make a typo on paper on your first draft do you keep it in the final? If the answer is yes to my initial question can you please explain how they've perfectly balanced a game on the first go?

SpringReborn
05-20-2017, 03:34 AM
So I'm curious what your actual mind set is. I'm not trying to debate you just genuinely curious what your thoughts are since there are many like you. Do you think they just got everything correct right off the bat, just on their first try? If that's a no then what's the problem with editing that? If you make a typo on paper on your first draft do you keep it in the final? If the answer is yes to my initial question can you please explain how they've perfectly balanced a game on the first go?

Im not saying it is perfectly balanced. Im saying that I see a new nerf almost every week. Obviously they need to do some tweaking, but they also need to take their time to analize what they will do, not rush things to please the impatience of the brats that keep complaining regardless of how many patches they roll out.

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 03:41 AM
Im not saying it is perfectly balanced. Im saying that I see a new nerf almost every week. Obviously they need to do some tweaking, but they also need to take their time to analize what they will do, not rush things to please the impatience of the brats that keep complaining regardless of how many patches they roll out.

But you don't actually know what their process is for how they balance, you are just assuming it's based on what people are saying in the forums.

SpringReborn
05-20-2017, 03:50 AM
But you don't actually know what their process is for how they balance, you are just assuming it's based on what people are saying in the forums.

Then enlighten me. What is their process? Because in their livestreams, when they talk about the patches, they literally say, no joke, stuff like this: "We see that in our forums people keep complaining about yadayada so we went ahead and fixed that yadayada".

That is coming from the french guy with the funny english accent which is in charge of all that. Go on and watch some of the warrior's den livestreams. He says himself that the fixes they make are based on what they see people talking about in their forums.

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 04:02 AM
Then enlighten me. What is their process? Because in their livestreams, when they talk about the patches, they literally say, no joke, stuff like this: "We see that in our forums people keep complaining about yadayada so we went ahead and fixed that yadayada".

That is coming from the french guy with the funny english accent which is in charge of all that. Go on and watch some of the warrior's den livestreams. He says himself that the fixes they make are based on what they see people talking about in their forums.

I don't remember exactly what he says but I'm sure you are leaving out a lot, i believe they talk about feedback from the competive players and also win/loss ratio as well. I don't know what their process is but I don't think it's fair to say that it's only because people are whining. If that were true warlord still wouldn't be the dominant character in the cast and with how many times people complain about feats those surely would have been nerfed. Both examples I've given have remained relatively untouched and as a matter of fact no nerfs that I can think of aside from maybe shugokis have completely ruined whatever it was prior to the nerf. Pk is still one of the top 3 despite her nerfs and same with warden.

It's up for debate with conqueror but I think many are wrong with where they place him on the tier list. I honestly think they've done a great job so far, everyone they've touched has brought them closer to the center in my own opinion. Some disagree and that's fine but I think in general they haven't knocked one of the top characters to the bottom or shot one of the bottom characters all the way to the top

Gemini-Iceland
05-20-2017, 04:05 AM
Guys Centurion is game breakingly OP now. Like one hit from him leads to a combo that ends up taking all your stamina and over 50% life...

kumanchik
05-20-2017, 04:06 AM
Guys Centurion is game breakingly OP now. Like one hit from him leads to a combo that ends up taking all your stamina and over 50% life...

1 you suck 2 the kick AND JAB are dodgeable 3 get good

UrWaifuAintReal
05-20-2017, 04:12 AM
1 you suck 2 the kick AND JAB are dodgeable 3 get good

This.

Air_Force_101
05-20-2017, 04:25 AM
I will say after today's Centurion nerfs I feel a little disappointing with what they did. I know they needed a bit of a re-work, I will acknowledge they were tough to fight. With that being said, it now it feels like I'm playing in slow motion. The skill chain combos now feel like I'm swinging with exhaustion mode. There needs to be a little middle ground here with the changes in balance, it feels like the devs went full tilt 400% nerf mode, when it only needed a 25% adjustment. I was actually enjoying this class very much too.

Too slow, too slow, I think centurions issue was they had way to much stamina mitigation. In my opinion, their speed needs to be brought back (its what makes the class fun) and stamina drain needs to be lowered or removed altogether from a few of their abilities. Kick has a like 4000% increase in cast time, I'll go make dinner while my kick skill charges

I think the two new classes were implemented to beat the defense meta. But then their speed gets a major nerf forcing them to play much more defensibly.

All you had to do to counter Centurion was side step. Everything misses! But we don't even get a week before the hate train causes a League of Legend style dev nerf. Fix what was broken (guaranteed heavy attack, too much range on leap, kick spamming, too much stamina drain) but killing the classes strength and removing the main aspect that made the class fun (the aggressive attack speed pressure) is a critical crushing blow to the class. Minor nerfs for balance, not c4 style reworks (specially since the class isn't even available for a lot of players!)

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 04:29 AM
I will say after today's Centurion nerfs I feel a little disappointing with what they did. I know they needed a bit of a re-work, I will acknowledge they were tough to fight. With that being said, it now it feels like I'm playing in slow motion. The skill chain combos now feel like I'm swinging with exhaustion mode. There needs to be a little middle ground here with the changes in balance, it feels like the devs went full tilt 400% nerf mode, when it only needed a 25% adjustment. I was actually enjoying this class very much too.

Too slow, too slow, I think centurions issue was they had way to much stamina mitigation. In my opinion, their speed needs to be brought back (its what makes the class fun) and stamina drain needs to be lowered or removed altogether from a few of their abilities. Kick has a like 4000% increase in cast time, I'll go make dinner while my kick skill charges

They didn't nerf him, they screwed up and released the wrong version on console. They corrected it so the centurion and shinobi are the same on all platforms.

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 04:32 AM
Edit: guess I was wrong it sounds like it was both.

dekot11
05-20-2017, 04:50 AM
Edit: guess I was wrong it sounds like it was both.

you saying there was an actual nerf?

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 05:19 AM
you saying there was an actual nerf?

Yeah it is. watch the latest Bousefeenux vid
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qSLrh8ryz2Q

Knight_Raime
05-20-2017, 05:32 AM
Cent is still plenty powerful. They just made it so it's a bit harder for lesser skilled players to use him. It's technically a nerf yes. But console got the wrong version to begin with. So I wouldn't count it as them nerfing him due to feedback. These were the way things were supposed to be when the heros dropped.

dekot11
05-20-2017, 05:39 AM
Yeah it is. watch the latest Bousefeenux vid
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qSLrh8ryz2Q

Thanks, just watched it, it doesn't seem like there were any actual nerfs. He's just talking from the perspective of console users, since to them it is kind of a nerf from what they're been experiencing the past couple days. But the PC version hasn't been nerfed or changed in any way since the patch dropped and all platforms are now running the same version of the game.

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 05:46 AM
Thanks, just watched it, it doesn't seem like there were any actual nerfs. He's just talking from the perspective of console users, since to them it is kind of a nerf from what they're been experiencing the past couple days. But the PC version hasn't been nerfed or changed in any way since the patch dropped and all platforms are now running the same version of the game.

You sure? I thought the kick stam was increased or was that already a PC thing?

dekot11
05-20-2017, 05:46 AM
You sure? I thought the kick stam was increased or was that already a PC thing?

yeah positive, it's in the patch notes too

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 05:54 AM
yeah positive, it's in the patch notes too

Ah alright then thanks for the heads up

SendRickPics
05-20-2017, 08:32 AM

Dude, their process is garbage. Like Spring said, during their livestreams they've even admitted that they take a lot of direction from the forums, cross referenced with some of the large number statistics that they measure.

It's not uncommon for game developers to get trapped in this cycle of nerf, nerf, nerf, nerf, buff + nerf, now something is overbuffed because the buffs to the counter + the nerfs to the "problem" essentially double the gap, making the "problem" that much weaker than it was originally.

Always it comes back to whining on the forums. Once gamers learn that they can ***** and moan and cry on the forums and that the devs will cave over sticking to their vision, they'll continue playing that card and crying and whining as loud as they can, even getting their friends and making multiple forum accounts to increase the appearance that their "side" is the right and popular opinion (argumentum ad populum).

It's a cycle, it kills games faster than had they just let the whiners tire themselves out and leave of their own accord, because now the whiners are never satisfied and still whining, while the people who didn't have a problem to begin with are now nerfed, agitated, and alienated from a game that they were enjoying.

Blizzard learned the hard way, the cycle of nerfing does nothing and only hurts community morale. Everyone likes to hear that they got buffed, so buffing logical counters makes sense and gives a positive perception to people.

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 08:40 AM
Dude, their process is garbage. Like Spring said, during their livestreams they've even admitted that they take a lot of direction from the forums, cross referenced with some of the large number statistics that they measure.

It's not uncommon for game developers to get trapped in this cycle of nerf, nerf, nerf, nerf, buff + nerf, now something is overbuffed because the buffs to the counter + the nerfs to the "problem" essentially double the gap, making the "problem" that much weaker than it was originally.

Always it comes back to whining on the forums. Once gamers learn that they can ***** and moan and cry on the forums and that the devs will cave over sticking to their vision, they'll continue playing that card and crying and whining as loud as they can, even getting their friends and making multiple forum accounts to increase the appearance that their "side" is the right and popular opinion (argumentum ad populum).

It's a cycle, it kills games faster than had they just let the whiners tire themselves out and leave of their own accord, because now the whiners are never satisfied and still whining, while the people who didn't have a problem to begin with are now nerfed, agitated, and alienated from a game that they were enjoying.

Blizzard learned the hard way, the cycle of nerfing does nothing and only hurts community morale. Everyone likes to hear that they got buffed, so buffing logical counters makes sense and gives a positive perception to people.

I gave 2 solid examples as to why it's not just community feedback. You yourself rarely take the word of the devs so why do so in this instance? Say what you will about whiners and the community but can you honestly say the majority of the changes haven't brought those respective characters closer to the middle? It's not as though they are buffing strong characters and nerfing weak ones so what's the problem?

SendRickPics
05-20-2017, 08:56 AM
It's not as though they are buffing strong characters and nerfing weak ones so what's the problem?

Actually that's kind of exactly what they've done. The Lawbringer and Valkyrie needed a *little* help, but that need was so minuscule compared to the amount of buffing they've received, that they are now overbuffed and monstrous, whereas prior they were actually pretty dangerous in capable hands. I had seen, prior to buffs on either, the danger that a player with lots of practice and skill in them could accomplish.

The Peacekeeper was the victim of a bandwagon of hate that really made no sense. Yes, she had fast light attacks, she also traded off quite a bit of HP (at the time it was a lot, now Shinobi takes the crown for least HP, most mobility, and fastest attacks), she had a decent bleed that needed three strikes to pull off at the cost of a ton of stamina, which now only gets 32 damage.. which quite honestly is suckish and is comparable to a light attack for a fraction of the stamina drain. 16 damage if the PK stabs only twice now. The Nobushi actually has a better bleed than the PK has now and has for a long time, with far more consistency, speed, and reach.

They took a moderately strong character in the Peacekeeper, and brought her to her knees. A capable player can still make use of her, but her kit is limited and she's honestly less "middle ground" and more garbage, especially with the Shinobi and the Centurion now in the picture.

The Warlord has remained relatively untouched, as have the Warden.

This stuff is all posted up publicly, it's commonly available information, and if you approach it objectively, you can see the results of Ubisofts "balancing", which has produced results that are anything but.

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 09:04 AM
Actually that's kind of exactly what they've done. The Lawbringer and Valkyrie needed a *little* help, but that need was so minuscule compared to the amount of buffing they've received, that they are now overbuffed and monstrous, whereas prior they were actually pretty dangerous in capable hands. I had seen, prior to buffs on either, the danger that a player with lots of practice and skill in them could accomplish.

The Peacekeeper was the victim of a bandwagon of hate that really made no sense. Yes, she had fast light attacks, she also traded off quite a bit of HP (at the time it was a lot, now Shinobi takes the crown for least HP, most mobility, and fastest attacks), she had a decent bleed that needed three strikes to pull off at the cost of a ton of stamina, which now only gets 32 damage.. which quite honestly is suckish and is comparable to a light attack for a fraction of the stamina drain. 16 damage if the PK stabs only twice now. The Nobushi actually has a better bleed than the PK has now and has for a long time, with far more consistency, speed, and reach.

They took a moderately strong character in the Peacekeeper, and brought her to her knees. A capable player can still make use of her, but her kit is limited and she's honestly less "middle ground" and more garbage, especially with the Shinobi and the Centurion now in the picture.

The Warlord has remained relatively untouched, as have the Warden.

This stuff is all posted up publicly, it's commonly available information, and if you approach it objectively, you can see the results of Ubisofts "balancing", which has produced results that are anything but.

lol peacekeeper brought to her knees.... okay man I realize you are a bit bias being a peacekeeper but that's just silly. As far as lawbringer and valk are concerned they are somewhere between 4 and 6 on the tiers minus the new heroes. That's better than being at the bottom of the barrell where they were.

XxHunterHxX
05-20-2017, 09:15 AM
90% of people crying on the forum's they dont even practice to learn the game they just enter a game ghet killed in a 2-3 v 1 and they go and be like OMFG that caracter is OP i didnt doge/parry/block/deflect/guard break/feint and i lost why dont know why please ubi nerf that caracter...

Pk is now **** in my opinion....all she has is light atacks..the bleed is a joke....and most people have half a brain and they will eather parry your jump atack or gb when you try to go for the useles bleed so what do you have left ? well dash left and right and hope to god you land a hit to ghet some bleed in or spamm light atacks left and right and pray the guy is a idiot and wont gb you before you kill hem

AND even now people cry about PK how OP she is ir you jk ? what do you want them to do give her like 1 dmg and no dash ? WTF This is why MP games ir ****....in Single Player games people dont ***** like this....in Dark Souls you die 99999999999 times to learn what that boss or mob or where you need to go you die and you learn and you ghet better at the game each time it takes time and practice or you can just ghet hacks and steam roll the game and feel like a god and be OMFG IM SOOO GOOOD this is the people that need buffs and nerffs for the MP online games they ir hackers in single player games coz they cant do jack **** ! What i loved about this game from the start and now its kinda ****....was the Skill you needed to be better then your oponent now most caracters got nerfs and **** coz people dont know how to parry/doge/block like wtf ubisoft STOP listening to them already you ir ruining the game

Orochi was FINE YES I SAID IT WAS FINE in the beta he did alot of dmg and was FAST BUT a guy that knows how to play the game can and was dealing it fine with it.......but people cry and now orochi is a joke.....he is like the PK all he has is light atacks IF he can land them....its so sad that this game is turning in to ****.....

This is why games now a days ir like Batman you press 1 BUTON and you ir GOD you cry oMFG mom loook im soo good lOOOOK MOM ****ING MOM LOOK IM THE BESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

WFL_M4sT3R_
05-20-2017, 09:16 AM

Nerfing heroes never happened without reason, team of devs monitor statistics of each heroes and balance according to that, ans same it is with buff

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 09:27 AM
90% of people crying on the forum's they dont even practice to learn the game they just enter a game ghet killed in a 2-3 v 1 and they go and be like OMFG that caracter is OP i didnt doge/parry/block/deflect/guard break/feint and i lost why dont know why please ubi nerf that caracter...

Pk is now **** in my opinion....all she has is light atacks..the bleed is a joke....and most people have half a brain and they will eather parry your jump atack or gb when you try to go for the useles bleed so what do you have left ? well dash left and right and hope to god you land a hit to ghet some bleed in or spamm light atacks left and right and pray the guy is a idiot and wont gb you before you kill hem

AND even now people cry about PK how OP she is ir you jk ? what do you want them to do give her like 1 dmg and no dash ? WTF This is why MP games ir ****....in Single Player games people dont ***** like this....in Dark Souls you die 99999999999 times to learn what that boss or mob or where you need to go you die and you learn and you ghet better at the game each time it takes time and practice or you can just ghet hacks and steam roll the game and feel like a god and be OMFG IM SOOO GOOOD this is the people that need buffs and nerffs for the MP online games they ir hackers in single player games coz they cant do jack **** ! What i loved about this game from the start and now its kinda ****....was the Skill you needed to be better then your oponent now most caracters got nerfs and **** coz people dont know how to parry/doge/block like wtf ubisoft STOP listening to them already you ir ruining the game

Orochi was FINE YES I SAID IT WAS FINE in the beta he did alot of dmg and was FAST BUT a guy that knows how to play the game can and was dealing it fine with it.......but people cry and now orochi is a joke.....he is like the PK all he has is light atacks IF he can land them....its so sad that this game is turning in to ****.....

This is why games now a days ir like Batman you press 1 BUTON and you ir GOD you cry oMFG mom loook im soo good lOOOOK MOM ****ING MOM LOOK IM THE BESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

Seriously just stop dude, you are in no position to tell people to get good. You need to learn how to play because you are terrible. Orochi wasn't nerfed dumbie and pk is still one of the top 3 if you don't count the new heroes. You are just bad.

XxHunterHxX
05-20-2017, 09:53 AM
Seriously just stop dude, you are in no position to tell people to get good. You need to learn how to play because you are terrible. Orochi wasn't nerfed dumbie and pk is still one of the top 3 if you don't count the new heroes. You are just bad.

All you do is just try to troll me on all my posts you say the same old ****...but never did you know that i relly dont give a **** about you or the opinions you might have from this moment on you can say what you might want in the end you ir nothing but a troll and i dont feed them so have a good day sir and go back to the cave you came from !
http://data.whicdn.com/images/189560117/large.gif

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 09:56 AM
All you do is just try to troll me on all my posts you say the same old ****...but never did you know that i relly dont give a **** about you or the opinions you might have from this moment on you can say what you might want in the end you ir nothing but a troll and i dont feed them so have a good day sir and go back to the cave you came from !
http://data.whicdn.com/images/189560117/large.gif

Just like you don't care about my opinions no one cares about yours. Seriously, pass 40% win/loss ratio before you start coaching here or telling people to get good. Following your advice is the best way to start losing.

SpringReborn
05-20-2017, 03:43 PM

I agree with you in the fact that this game used to require actual skill to play. I participated in both betas and never did I considered a certain hero to be OP, not even PK, and I always played as warden. I mastered my warden: learned my combos, perfected my blocking and parrying game, the works. Of course i got killed every once in a while, but that was rare because i actually learned to play the game instead of just button mashing which is what most people do.

Anyway, then the game got sorta reaccomodated to suit players with a much lesser amount of skill due to all the people who never got good at the game and just cried about it on the forums instead of practicing and mastering their hero.

Even after said reaccomodation, the same unskillful people kept on complaining and they got masses of people to complain with them just to attract attention. This later brought what I would like to call a "never ending nerf cycle".

Soon after, the game almost completely ditched the focus on skill and became more of a casual game for casual players. AND EVEN THEN, people keep complaining about something else, and they will always find something new to cry about.

As a person who has played this game since even before it came out, hence first-handidly noticing all the changes to the game's core, and also as one who used to enjoy the heck out of it, I really dislike seeing how this game is decending down a path hard to come back from.

Now, for anyone who likes to pick on every word (or any missing word), I am NOT saying the game is/was perfectly balanced. Like with every other game, the game, of course, does needs some tweaking. But every tweak they plan on doing should be analized very thoroughly. They need to take their time, specifically because the performance of this game depends on an overwhelming amount of co-related assets. When they decide to rush a patch based on forum complains and to please the impatience of the players, they don't get to fully analize their tweaks, leaving out a lot of the assets by just testing their tweaks on a handful of them instead of all, as it should be.

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 04:07 PM
I agree with you in the fact that this game used to require actual skill to play. I participated in both betas and never did I considered a certain hero to be OP, not even PK, and I always played as warden. I mastered my warden: learned my combos, perfected my blocking and parrying game, the works. Of course i got killed every once in a while, but that was rare because i actually learned to play the game instead of just button mashing which is what most people do.

Anyway, then the game got sorta reaccomodated to suit players with a much lesser amount of skill due to all the people who never got good at the game and just cried about it on the forums instead of practicing and mastering their hero.

Even after said reaccomodation, the same unskillful people kept on complaining and they got masses of people to complain with them just to attract attention. This later brought what I would like to call a "never ending nerf cycle".

Soon after, the game almost completely ditched the focus on skill and became more of a casual game for casual players. AND EVEN THEN, people keep complaining about something else, and they will always find something new to cry about.

As a person who has played this game since even before it came out, hence first-handidly noticing all the changes to the game's core, and also as one who used to enjoy the heck out of it, I really dislike seeing how this game is decending down a path hard to come back from.

Now, for anyone who likes to pick on every word (or any missing word), I am NOT saying the game is/was perfectly balanced. Like with every other game, the game, of course, does needs some tweaking. But every tweak they plan on doing should be analized very thoroughly. They need to take their time, specifically because the performance of this game depends on an overwhelming amount of co-related assets. When they decide to rush a patch based on forum complains and to please the impatience of the players, they don't get to fully analize their tweaks, leaving out a lot of the assets by just testing their tweaks on a handful of them instead of all, as it should be.

Number 1 the guy you are talking to doesn't know what he's talking about. His win loss ratio is under 40%.

Number 2 I already explained to you that every nerf/buff has got every character closer to the middle, you not feeling like a character OP doesn't really matter. It's obvious that certain classes had a leg up on the others which is why you would see the same 3 classes in every tournament. Killing the variety will kill a game. I'll ask again, did they nail it perfectly at launch and if not then what's wrong with making edits to the game like you would a final that had typos on your first draft?
Don't bring up "whiners" on the board because that doesn't pertain to my question.

You edited while I was writing and brought up tweaks and how they should analyze the the changes thoroughly. How do you know they don't? Like I said every hero has been put closer to the middle so what's the problem? The only real thing they completely screwed up on was the oni charge but not one character that has been buffed has become the new warlord and not one character that has been nerfed has become the old lawbringer/raider.

darkspawn2101
05-20-2017, 04:09 PM

1. The nerfs Centurion needed were sorely needed. They didn't 'nerf everything', they made some fairly reasonable ajustments.

2. Shinobi actually walked away with more buffs than nerfs.

Now who's crying?

SpringReborn
05-20-2017, 05:10 PM
You edited while I was writing and brought up tweaks and how they should analyze the the changes thoroughly. How do you know they don't? Like I said every hero has been put closer to the middle so what's the problem? The only real thing they completely screwed up on was the oni charge but not one character that has been buffed has become the new warlord and not one character that has been nerfed has become the old lawbringer/raider.

Lol. Yes i edited but i didnt add that. It was already there when i first wrote it. I just edited to fix some typos.

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 05:16 PM
Lol. Yes i edited but i didnt add that. It was already there when i first wrote it. I just edited to fix some typos.

You're right my mistake I think I just missed that paragraph. My point still stands though.

SpringReborn
05-20-2017, 05:30 PM

Btw. I could ask you the same thing. How do you know that they actually do proper testing?

For me, it feels that the changes they make are way too rushed. Why? Because in every single livestream, which they do weekly, they have a new set of patches ready. Even the biggest game companies with truck loads of employees can't possibly come up with weekly new patches, which obviously leads me to believe that they are possibly rushing through their tests and most possibly leaving out a lot of the assets while they are testing. As i said a couple times already, they need to take their time.

Besides, imagine what this game could become if they keep bringing out nerfs every single week for the next year. Yes, there are also buffs, but let's be honest, out of 10 total tweaks 9 are nerfs and only one is a buff.

Besides (again), buffs are not necesarrily a good thing either. They can cause as much damage as any nerf. At least, we see that they take way more time to bring a buff than a nerf, which is good because it might mean that they might be doing the proper testings.

To conclude, I'm NOT saying "Leave it as it is. It doesn't needs any tweaks". Of course it does. What scares me is the rate at which they are coming up with these tweaks, and I've already established what my concern is regarding the matter.

Antonioj26
05-20-2017, 06:36 PM
Btw. I could ask you the same thing. How do you know that they actually do proper testing?

For me, it feels that the changes they make are way too rushed. Why? Because in every single livestream, which they do weekly, they have a new set of patches ready. Even the biggest game companies with truck loads of employees can't possibly come up with weekly new patches, which obviously leads me to believe that they are possibly rushing through their tests and most possibly leaving out a lot of the assets while they are testing. As i said a couple times already, they need to take their time.

Besides, imagine what this game could become if they keep bringing out nerfs every single week for the next year. Yes, there are also buffs, but let's be honest, out of 10 total tweaks 9 are nerfs and only one is a buff.

Besides (again), buffs are not necesarrily a good thing either. They can cause as much damage as any nerf. At least, we see that they take way more time to bring a buff than a nerf, which is good because it might mean that they might be doing the proper testings.

To conclude, I'm NOT saying "Leave it as it is. It doesn't needs any tweaks". Of course it does. What scares me is the rate at which they are coming up with these tweaks, and I've already established what my concern is regarding the matter.

Never said i did, I just said you don't know their process so why make a thread about that has grievances against it. They are only on patch 1.07 and the game has been out for three months. The that's plenty of time to get something tested. I think it would be great if they do balances every week as long as they are incremental make sense, which again please point to the changes that have completely ruined what ever they were Assosciated with aside from oni charge.
If they aren't getting things right then what's wrong with fixing them.

To conclude. Ubisoft is doing fine and none of us know what the process actually is except for the devs so let's stop complaining about something we have no knowledge of.

UbiNoty
05-20-2017, 11:48 PM
It's hard to balance quick responsiveness to community feedback and actually taking the time to make an informed decision. Usually when you do one you have to sacrifice some of the other.

But as I've said in multiple other threads, we do try our best to take time to evaluate any potential balance changes and we'll be doing the same with centurion and Shinobi. We'll be waiting 2-3 weeks at least, before looking at balancing - we need to make sure that first, there is a problem, and second, the solution we're proposing is the best option to address the problem at hand.

Specialkha
05-21-2017, 12:11 AM
It's hard to balance quick responsiveness to community feedback and actually taking the time to make an informed decision. Usually when you do one you have to sacrifice some of the other.

But as I've said in multiple other threads, we do try our best to take time to evaluate any potential balance changes and we'll be doing the same with centurion and Shinobi. We'll be waiting 2-3 weeks at least, before looking at balancing - we need to make sure that first, there is a problem, and second, the solution we're proposing is the best option to address the problem at hand.

Still waiting for a fix about def meta. And first balance patch took you 2 months to come up with. Would have been faster if you were playing your damn game.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-21-2017, 12:13 AM
Still waiting for a fix about def meta. And first balance patch took you 2 months to come up with. Would have been faster if you were playing your damn game.

How about instead of being a idiot and insulting the people who are the ones fixing the game you pay attention to the info they release.

They have already addressed the question about the Defensive Meta and when to expect the fix to get here.

Antonioj26
05-21-2017, 02:03 AM
but it is partly based on what people are saying in the forum though, and if you think otherwise... well thats jsut silly.

Yeah probably but by how much? I've pointed out how it's commonly pointed out that warlord is top tier and I've seen hundreds of threads complaining about Feats and both have been relatively untouched or ignored completely so to what extent are they using community feedback to balance? I don't know and neither does anyone claiming that's the main basis of how they balance.