PDA

View Full Version : Need help to understand this

MasterChiefPON
05-20-2017, 01:27 AM
So today consoles were brought up in line with PC after the live update. Shinobi is now less punishable on ranged attacks counter/parry as intended and the patch says if you counter the attacks the Shinobi is brought to the same distance despite the distance of the heroes. I have countered ranged gb or parried his ranged heavy but I feel that sometimes the shinobi is brought at a different distance and I can land a heavy and the majority of times it's so far that I can't punish it, even walking forward and trying with a light. So are you supposed to get a punish on those or it's just luck?

dekot11
05-20-2017, 01:54 AM
So today consoles were brought up in line with PC after the live update. Shinobi is now less punishable on ranged attacks counter/parry as intended and the patch says if you counter the attacks the Shinobi is brought to the same distance despite the distance of the heroes. I have countered ranged gb or parried his ranged heavy but I feel that sometimes the shinobi is brought at a different distance and I can land a heavy and the majority of times it's so far that I can't punish it, even walking forward and trying with a light. So are you supposed to get a punish on those or it's just luck?

I think it's fair. its easier to block or parry at longer ranges. honestly all ninja has is his kick and 50/50

MasterChiefPON
05-20-2017, 01:59 AM
I think it's fair. its easier to block or parry at longer ranges. honestly all ninja has is his kick and 50/50

Sure but how does the move work? I just want to know what is intended and if I can punish it.

dekot11
05-20-2017, 02:05 AM
Sure but how does the move work? I just want to know what is intended and if I can punish it.

you're not supposed to punish when he takes a fall at longer ranges. I guess you can close distance and pressure.

kweassa1917
05-20-2017, 03:27 AM
you're not supposed to punish when he takes a fall at longer ranges. I guess you can close distance and pressure.

According to whom?