PDA

View Full Version : New heros not OP, Let me help you

lMoosel
05-19-2017, 11:47 PM
Lots of talk of OP going around right now but just relax and realize these new fighters are not as bad as you think. You are beating yourself mentally before the match even starts. Cent is insanely unsafe and I'm predicting he will be mid tier within a month. Left dodge for the kick, right dodge for the punch, boom useless hero with subpar combos, conq 2.0. Shinobi is a little trickier but nowhere near OP, strong yes but no warlord. Dodge the kick on reaction and parry the follow up heavy or use a light. Assassins excel against him especially zerk with a top heavy and hyper armor. All other classes have ways of dealing with it easily, sidestep shield/shoulder bash. Warlord heavys nobushi zone, Shinobi CANNONT make a living trading hits, take advantage of that, and his ranged attacks are just a death sentence at high lvl play. I can't be the only person seeing these things and figuring out the reads. Hasn't it been a breathe of fresh air to atleast see something else to fight against after 3 months? Please don't get these characters nerfed into the ground and all future DLC or the game will never change. I'm open for discussion and questions from civil adults. If your just going to come here and complain OP then just stick to your MMR where people can't even CGB.

**Based on 1v1 and 2v2s where there's skill>gear/gank. As far as the 4v4 complaints go it's no different than LB, shugo, warden, warlord, nobushi CC. We just aren't used to it yet.

Also I play on console so i don't want to hear the excuse of stuff not being reactable.

Sir_rage_quit
05-19-2017, 11:52 PM
every spam att or pin down att is Op in 4v4 warden shoulder bas was hated ...headbutt...shield bash ...fatman charge..... do i need to go on im not saying it imposible to conter its just make 4v4 mode a ****ing **** show and ever worst that is was... in a 1v1 it ok

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-19-2017, 11:57 PM
Only things that I truly dislike on Shinobi is his 50/50, he can either kick or delay it a tad for a free GB on dodge. That and his hyper armor, the hyper armor Is geared in such a way that you have to rely on his mistake, with is you go against a bad Shinobi is the follow up R2

I'm so on the fence with Cent right now I can't even make a true decision. He has one genuine broken combo, which I will link here: https://youtu.be/IMno3nB0hHg

Fix that, and we're on our way to a good balance on Centurion

MrForz
05-19-2017, 11:59 PM
All CC moves except the LB's pancake flip and Shugoki's embrace aren't as disruptive as what those two idiots are LOADED with. I really couldn't care less about the dueling aspect, it's fine in that area although the level of punishment is awfully high if you ever make a single mistake. However the group aspect of For Honor has truly become a total joke, there's no more thrill in cautiously stalling a gank squad while waiting for reinforcements, you will be helpless and out of stamina with all that fancy camera-work the moment a Centurion lunges towards you in a heat-seeking manner. The LB and Shugoki annoyance doesn't even come close.

lMoosel
05-20-2017, 12:08 AM
All CC moves except the LB's pancake flip and Shugoki's embrace aren't as disruptive as what those two idiots are LOADED with. I really couldn't care less about the dueling aspect, it's fine in that area although the level of punishment is awfully high if you ever make a single mistake. However the group aspect of For Honor has truly become a total joke, there's no more thrill in cautiously stalling a gank squad while waiting for reinforcements, you will be helpless and out of stamina with all that fancy camera-work the moment a Centurion lunges towards you in a heat-seeking manner. The LB and Shugoki annoyance doesn't even come close.

People wanted revenge nerfed hard and that's what they got, without CC and 50-50s this game will never move from the turtle meta. I am mind blown that the community doesn't realize the devs added 2
Characters that we have been begging for that have heavy offensive capabilitys.

Herbstlicht
05-20-2017, 12:08 AM
I honestly believe Shinobi might be the strongest hero in the hands of extremely good players. When the player does not make any mistakes, Shinobi really is incredible. Ultra fast lights combined with his kick and good recovery make for rather safe damage. And even with defensive meta gone, I see his defence still strong when people manage nice deflects into some nice combos. However, the majority if players .. makes mistakes. Maybe not much, but he is so incredibly squishy that a game can be over very fast.

When it comes to Centurion .. well, learning to counter him takes a little time. His charging up stuff, fast lights and nice mixups are strong. His punish is absolutely top notch.

So I do see both heros top tier, in a rather good way. Maybe not absolutely perfect (? I don't know, it is to early!), but they play well and fit in nicely while offering something new.

Only thing I dislike is added cc in dominion. But I am one of those players that loves to be in control of his character. When fighting more then one opponent, i want at least the illusion of coming out victorious. Being stunned and dazed and whatever'd to death is so un-fun.

Netcode_err_404
05-20-2017, 12:28 AM
Only things that I truly dislike on Shinobi is his 50/50, he can either kick or delay it a tad for a free GB on dodge. That and his hyper armor, the hyper armor Is geared in such a way that you have to rely on his mistake, with is you go against a bad Shinobi is the follow up R2

I'm so on the fence with Cent right now I can't even make a true decision. He has one genuine broken combo, which I will link here: https://youtu.be/IMno3nB0hHg

Fix that, and we're on our way to a good balance on Centurion

That video is just the definition of AIDS lol. That is exactly what for honor is all about. And I don't even want to hear that it was the same even before the season 2. Why the devs thought this was fun is beyond me, unless they make some miracles I foresee a mass quit from this game in a month or so.

OokiireteHoshii
05-20-2017, 01:15 AM
The only truly good thing about those new characters for me is that they're allowed to initiate an attack from any direction without suffering from the "frame disadvantage". A good example would be a kensei, or a warden. Both of them have their fastest attack coming from top, making it the obvious choice of initiation from neutral, I just hope that one day these tweaks will apply for evey character making a little step forward to beat the defensive playstyle.