PDA

View Full Version : Why is it called phalanx?!?

Tehrij
05-19-2017, 05:05 PM
I'd like to point out up top that I am well aware of the historical inaccuracies of pretty much everything in this game. But it is a game, so I can let most of them slide for the sake of gameplay or what have you.

But I cannot understand why the last tier 4 feat of the Centurion is called phalanx and not testudo. I get that the phalanx is probably more well known to most people who don't have an interest in ancient warfare. But I would argue that this could be an opportunity to educate those people who might be playing this game and don't know what a testudo is.

It's a pretty small complaint. It won't keep me from having a good time playing the Centurion and using that feat. Yet because of how small it is, I feel it's even more reason that they can adjust it. They get a chance to satisfy those giant nerds like myself, a chance to educate people who might not know, and honestly, given the actual translation of testudo (tortoise), makes more sense with the use of the feat.

So please, Roman, if you read this, can you make one tiny change for me?

Lord_Nirgal
05-19-2017, 05:25 PM
The devs don't seem to be too much versed in historical things.

The centurion probably has the most discrepancies of all the heroes:
1- "inconinens", everytime a centurion shouts that he is basically saying he is pissing himself.
2- the execution with the thumb? the "thumb thing" never happened and is actually a historical false, the gesture was a flat hand with the thumb across the palm (iugula) to mean death, to mean life the thumb was wrapped in the other fingers (mitte).
3- phalanx is a greek thing not a roman one, romans didn't use a phalanx becuase the didn't use long spears and their basic formation was that of the centuria / cohors.

Brologna_Xeno
05-19-2017, 05:31 PM
We need a tyrian purple color scheme option for Centurion (the color of the emperor). #1 priority.

edit: wikipedia says it's RGB: [102, 2, 60]

Lord_Nirgal
05-19-2017, 06:01 PM
lmao

"I AM PISSING MYSELF" -Centurion during combat.

really i don't know how they missed it... in english too "incontinent" refers to someone that cannot hold his piss... figuratively can mean "without restrains" but literally... well it's so silly..