PDA

View Full Version : centurion new gameplay mechanics?

eN0LAA
05-19-2017, 01:58 PM
So, it feels to me and everyone iv spoke to. this class is ridiculous. and by the looks of it, it isn't getting patched. so out with the old chars and in the with the new eh?

So. fighting the centurion. it's basicly this.

1.They kick you,
2.you have a 1/3 chance of doing the correct block. (if successful you go back to #1, they kick you again)
3. they kick you, hit you, punch you to the ground. your dead.

It's the most stupid thing iv ever seen. it's unblockable punch and kicks. which drain your stamina and knock you to the ground. theres a reason everybody is playing centurion. not because it's a cool new looking class. because it's an easy win. you mess up once with any character vs the centurion yeah you're dead.

You cant dodge or block his unblockables, it's practicly a new "guard break" in the sense that he can openly do damage on you without you even having a chance to stop it. it's boring to fight against and OP to use.

Iv only just come back after 2 months not bothering with the game and im looking to quit again. unless it's nerfed. you should stick to the combat triangle you have already without creating some new mechanics to fit a character. adapt around the system you have instead of creating new ones.

You litterly get kicked, stabbed, punched then your on the ground. you get back up with zero stamina and it all just happens again. it doesnt take 5 decent beta testers that know the mecachincs of the game to work this out that its op. now maybe im just bad.

but i cant seem to block there 1/3, as it's so random. the second punch, again a 1/3 chance of stopping the next hit. so basicly if you miss your blocks your dead? now that doesnt happen to any other character. it's stupidly op. i dont have time to write down every little step of the way how it's op. but im telling you its ****in stupid. it's worse than the lawbringer.

If you dodge him, he will guard break you. if you stay, he will kick you. and the same with the lawbringer. if you dodge, guardbreak. if you stay, over the top quick hit (so hard to block) or he will pick you up and chuck you to the ground. it's not hard to adapt to the mechanics you've got. it's simple. your just missing it.

there both overpowered and stupid. hense why there the most overplayed.

fix your current character before you release new ones. and sstop begging money.

centurion doesnt get fixed your game is gunna die. or full of centurions. now im sure you brought other classes out for a reason. he shouldnt be able to have so many variables on winning. its stupid.

check the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXkzRoFGDME

XxHunterHxX
05-19-2017, 02:05 PM
Centurion be like WINNING ! Mad SKILLZ ! GIT GUUUUUD !

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m0e0kjOPwg1r9nm0io1_r1_500.gif

Blasto95
05-19-2017, 02:13 PM
If you feel like hes so over powered...then you should be amazing with him when you use him.

Cent I feel is alright, possible balanced but to early to tell. Not many people are actually good with him except with the spam of kicks and punches in group fights. And everyone else isnt that great at defending against a new hero like this.

Just imagine if Lawbringer or Valk were the new heroes, it would take people A LOT longer to get used to Valks mix ups. Centurion is straight forward and powerful. Figure out his moves and any hero is beatable 1v1.

I have no idea how actually balanced he is with multiple Centurions in a 4v4 match.

Netcode_err_404
05-19-2017, 02:17 PM
not enough top light > za spam.

0/10

eN0LAA
05-19-2017, 04:32 PM
wasen't my vid. It's still broken. hense why the whole playerbase is using the character. 12 + duels in a row character used : centurion

DeLatv
05-19-2017, 05:22 PM
Couldnt you see guys? The orochi was just bad. And the Centurion was pro in 2 days...

Thasnatos
05-19-2017, 05:35 PM
Couldnt you see guys? The orochi was just bad. And the Centurion was pro in 2 days...

idk about the "pro centurion" though all he/she does is spam kick + some light/heavy then uncharge jab. The point is all of that kick, uncharge jab after heavy is dodgeable, he's just didn't dodge it lol thats worst orochi i have ever seen.

FootlessRhino
05-19-2017, 06:04 PM
wasen't my vid. It's still broken. hense why the whole playerbase is using the character. 12 + duels in a row character used : centurion

any character with side dash attacks can punish the kick reeeaaaally easy, it's not a reliable opener. Orochi shouldn't have any problems dealing with it in 1v1.

OokiireteHoshii
05-20-2017, 12:01 PM
So, it feels to me and everyone iv spoke to. this class is ridiculous. and by the looks of it, it isn't getting patched. so out with the old chars and in the with the new eh?

So. fighting the centurion. it's basicly this.

1.They kick you,
2.you have a 1/3 chance of doing the correct block. (if successful you go back to #1, they kick you again)
3. they kick you, hit you, punch you to the ground. your dead.

It's the most stupid thing iv ever seen. it's unblockable punch and kicks. which drain your stamina and knock you to the ground. theres a reason everybody is playing centurion. not because it's a cool new looking class. because it's an easy win. you mess up once with any character vs the centurion yeah you're dead.

You cant dodge or block his unblockables, it's practicly a new "guard break" in the sense that he can openly do damage on you without you even having a chance to stop it. it's boring to fight against and OP to use.

Iv only just come back after 2 months not bothering with the game and im looking to quit again. unless it's nerfed. you should stick to the combat triangle you have already without creating some new mechanics to fit a character. adapt around the system you have instead of creating new ones.

You litterly get kicked, stabbed, punched then your on the ground. you get back up with zero stamina and it all just happens again. it doesnt take 5 decent beta testers that know the mecachincs of the game to work this out that its op. now maybe im just bad.

but i cant seem to block there 1/3, as it's so random. the second punch, again a 1/3 chance of stopping the next hit. so basicly if you miss your blocks your dead? now that doesnt happen to any other character. it's stupidly op. i dont have time to write down every little step of the way how it's op. but im telling you its ****in stupid. it's worse than the lawbringer.

If you dodge him, he will guard break you. if you stay, he will kick you. and the same with the lawbringer. if you dodge, guardbreak. if you stay, over the top quick hit (so hard to block) or he will pick you up and chuck you to the ground. it's not hard to adapt to the mechanics you've got. it's simple. your just missing it.

there both overpowered and stupid. hense why there the most overplayed.

fix your current character before you release new ones. and sstop begging money.

centurion doesnt get fixed your game is gunna die. or full of centurions. now im sure you brought other classes out for a reason. he shouldnt be able to have so many variables on winning. its stupid.

check the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXkzRoFGDME

You are just spreading useless salt, and your video proves nothing else but you being unable to react to an already slow move such as the kick.
Your post=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rdAZ7oATfc

Nestramutat
05-20-2017, 12:18 PM
How come every mentally challenged unicellular ape who doesn't know how to properly respond to a post/sentence, uses the words salt/salty? Don't you have anything better and original to say? Do you know many lice before you used the same words because they heard it from other hemorrhoids?

This community is so toxic, my laptop melts when I enter these forums.

CandleInTheDark
05-20-2017, 12:31 PM
And the Centurion was pro in 2 days...

That line of argument doesn't really hold up. I haven't played the centurion, but I can speak of the shinobi in a similar manner. Shinobi's kick is dodge, dodge guardbreak, I have to add a dodge but dodge guardbreak is already muscle memory from warden shoulder charge. His forward roll crush after landing a charged heavy is forward dodge heavy, that is already in my muscle memory as peacekeeper's forward dodge heavy. When you get your hands on them, you will see it isn't like tekken where one character might have x b a x rb x and a new one might have b a rt b x y x a, most of the combinations are combinations you will have used with other characters.

The main problem right now is that people are fighting against new characters, I can only speak for myself but I spent hours against bots before taking the shinobi into a game against players, and here is the thing, I did have an advantage over players, not necessarily because of the characters, I feel it is too early to say here is where they fit compared to others, but because that warden or that raider or that lawbringer I was fighting, I have been fighting them for three months, I know their tricks, and while there is little new mechanically, the presentation and timing of the moves are different and need getting used to, which is why, you know, you could load up a bot battle to practice, over time as the characters are more known, the playing field will level, and I suspect by then the majority of players will be back with mains in any case and it will be the people serious about maining them spending large amounts of time with them. I would like to know how many people coming to the forum claiming op have actually spent a few rounds 1v1 with a bot in a genuine effort to learn how the character fights. It might be some things do need changing, for example I believe the follow up heavy to a kick should only be able to be thrown if a shinobi makes contact with the kick, but some of it is also learn to play and not deciding before the match is even begun that you can't beat them because omg op because that thinking causes you to beat yourself before it has even started.

How come every mentally challenged unicellular ape who doesn't know how to properly respond to a post/sentence, uses the words salt/salty? Don't you have anything better and original to say? Do you know many lice before you used the same words because they heard it from other hemorrhoids?

This community is so toxic, my laptop melts when I enter these forums.

While yes, I agree with that to an extent, I have also seen people who, when faced with thought out arguments, either ignore them or attack the poster rather than the argument, it cuts both ways.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/6d/6d77431c38657baf11c3abd4a03b6cb8104da364bd29319e6f 90ad089ca810b8.jpg