PDA

View Full Version : how to remove turtle meta... just simple

matt89connor
05-19-2017, 08:07 AM
1)you can parry only heavy attacks, and parry consume 2% of your stamina.
2)after a parry you have only free light attack, heavy and GB can be stopped with the right timing ( will not be easy).
3) block dmg increase from 10% to 15% of base dmg, but vs assasin is 20%
:)...what do you think?
UBI WATCH AND TRY THIS :)

Brunn_MgAmadd
05-19-2017, 08:35 AM
as a shugoki main im all for nerfing parry :)

matt89connor
05-19-2017, 09:06 AM
as a shugoki main im all for nerfing parry :)
;)

Kraxers
05-19-2017, 09:13 AM
So if I play pk I can close my eyes and do light spam even better. Yay. Great idea. No parry for light brilliant.

SnugglesIV
05-19-2017, 09:23 AM
2)after a parry you have only free light attack, heavy and GB can be stopped with the right timing ( will not be easy).

1) So basically make it worthless to parry attacks? Why not just remove it from the game?
2) Ditto. Don't spout Tru3's talking points. All this does is reward interrupting heavies with lights as it is WAY safer than having your parry attempt baited out or being crushed by a well timed GB (see Nobushi as she can heavy, feint, GB interrupt parry attempts really well), and in turn forces players to play defensively or only throw out lights. Meta doesn't change an awful lot. Warlord is still a king with superior lights being able to function as a pseudo parry without the threat of being parry baited.
3) Why should block damage be greater on assassins? I don't follow.

matt89connor
05-19-2017, 09:56 AM
guys guys, is not a solution to eleminate parry or become light spammers listen to me:
point 1 and 2: light attacks is hard to use for kensei and many warriors and many turtle meta use this parry for max punish.
Parry, with this change, give free light, so you can play turtle, but the adversary can use the light if the enemy if is very strong with heavy parry, with no problem , also, if the enemy parry an heavy attack if he want throw you or do heavy dmg he knows that can be stopped, so this is very intersting to me, end this point with the 2% of stamina, this is very low but if you are near end of stamina you have to do a hard decison if parry or just block, that's give a more mind fight.
point 3: this changes give more mind games, and you have to consider if take the little dmg or try parry, but with this change, asassins become very strong, so i give more dmg if they block an attck ( 15% of 30 is 34, 20% is 36!!! guys is very low difference) but this give to the assasins a better incitement to try deflect :)

megamasa94
05-19-2017, 10:16 AM
i already proposed 1 and 2 (only heavy can be parried, free light and no gb) but they just respond that they are looking for a solution for a defense meta..i also agree on the 3rd one..
tho for the guy saying parry would be useless, it wouldnt..you get free light which is fine and also pop revenge, parry, knock enemy down..
its a good solution for a stare down type of players..

SnugglesIV
05-19-2017, 10:21 AM
guys guys, is not a solution to eleminate parry or become light spammers listen to me:
point 1 and 2: light attacks is hard to use for kensei and many warriors and many turtle meta use this parry for max punish.
Parry, with this change, give free light, so you can play turtle, but the adversary can use the light if the enemy if is very strong with heavy parry, with no problem , also, if the enemy parry an heavy attack if he want throw you or do heavy dmg he knows that can be stopped, so this is very intersting to me, end this point with the 2% of stamina, this is very low but if you are near end of stamina you have to do a hard decison if parry or just block, that's give a more mind fight.
point 3: this changes give more mind games, and you have to consider if take the little dmg or try parry, but with this change, asassins become very strong, so i give more dmg if they block an attck ( 15% of 30 is 34, 20% is 36!!! guys is very low difference) but this give to the assasins a better incitement to try deflect :)

1) Light attacks being hard to use for Kensei, is a KENSEI specific problem. Why wouldn't you just buff his lights to make them harder to parry instead of changing the whole game?
2) If you only get a light from a heavy parry, then why bother parrying when you can interrupt a heavy with a light? It's not as risky as it cannot be counter parried (it can only be blocked and I'm pretty sure that isn't necessarily true on some attacks) and a light can't be crushed by a well timed GB after heavy feint (see Nobushi but almost every character can do this).
3) An increase to the damage that assassins receive from blocking heavies (relative to all other characters) does not incentivize deflects. The big problem with deflecting is that they can feint heavy into GB and if you are attempting a deflect you will be hit by an untechable GB. It's simply too risky for the reward you get on most assassins. Parrying does not have the same risks attached to deflects and therefore is strictly better than deflecting (with the exception of Berserker).

tho for the guy saying parry would be useless, it wouldnt..you get free light which is fine and also pop revenge, parry, knock enemy down.. its a good solution for a stare down type of players..

You don't always have revenge and if you have activated it people will turtle BECAUSE they know parried = knocked down.Furthermore, you seem to ignore the fact that interrupting a heavy with a light is nowhere near as risky as attempting a parry. If I only get a light and a little stam damage when parrying someone, why wouldn't I just use a light which can only be blocked if their faint is fast enough (or if my light isn't fast enough to land before feint completes)? I only open myself up to my parry attempting being crushed by a GB or my parry attempt being counter parried if I try to parry in this world you are suggesting.

UrWaifuAintReal
05-19-2017, 10:27 AM
1) So basically make it worthless to parry attacks? Why not just remove it from the game?
2) Ditto. Don't spout Tru3's talking points. All this does is reward interrupting heavies with lights as it is WAY safer than having your parry attempt baited out or being crushed by a well timed GB (see Nobushi as she can heavy, feint, GB interrupt parry attempts really well), and in turn forces players to play defensively or only throw out lights. Meta doesn't change an awful lot. Warlord is still a king with superior lights being able to function as a pseudo parry without the threat of being parry baited.
3) Why should block damage be greater on assassins? I don't follow.

And more reasons why people should stop listening to Tru3, dude's a very good player but his opinions about the game and balancing are just hilarious.

SnugglesIV
05-19-2017, 10:32 AM
And more reasons why people should stop listening to Tru3, dude's a very good player but his opinions about the game and balancing are just hilarious.

He's a Raider main. I have respect for those guys but they sure as hell can get uber salty about the game since they are playing a massively underpowered character. This is why he argues for all of these things. He's bringing everyone down to the same level as Raider as opposed to bringing Raider up to the same level as everyone else.