PDA

View Full Version : Where the **** is the throw distance stat gone?

NocturnalFox-
05-19-2017, 03:52 AM
It used to be there and I cant find it now...
Has ubi really got rid of it and replaced it with more revenge meter bull ****?

Cheers for limiting my fun Ubi.

Literally the best class to have this on would of been centurion for all the spartan kicks, but you had to ruin that as well.
Do us a favour and stop touching things.

Jasado
05-19-2017, 04:11 AM
Ledging is still way too common a factor in the game, even without it.

Throw distance did nothing but make a ridiculous factor even cheesier.

It wasn't diversity in gameplay choices, it was plain stupid and degraded the game in the long run.

Yes it was nice on some people *glares at warlord mains* but it's a welcome exit.

Think of it this way.

At least Shinobi can't grab you from across the entire map with a ranged throw now.

Because you didn't think about that, did you? No.

You only think about yourself.

NocturnalFox-
05-19-2017, 04:36 AM
What they need to do is COMPLETELY REMOVE SEASON 2 AND PATCH.
They literally broke everything.

Tundra 793
05-19-2017, 05:55 AM
What they need to do is COMPLETELY REMOVE SEASON 2 AND PATCH.
They literally broke everything.

You literally don't know what literally means.

NocturnalFox-
05-19-2017, 06:04 AM
You literally don't know what literally means.

Nah I don't think you do.
They spent months tweaking it getting it right, then with this season 2 ****e they broke everything again.
Now its back to the drawing board.

Starting to hope that Ubi HQ starts sacking people for the quality of games that are coming out of Ubi these days.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-19-2017, 06:13 AM
Ledge kills were being spammed and abused via the Throw Distance stat so they removed it.

Thank god. Find another way to get your skill-less kills.

bananaflow2017
05-19-2017, 06:28 AM
I think the gear Patch is ok.
This stat was only usable for characters who allready throw far enough.
Warlord for example. He is enough cheese without this stat.

FledgeSRondo
05-19-2017, 07:05 AM
Uhh.... does anybody here really know what they're talking about? :nonchalance:

Pre-patch I developed different loadouts for my (now Rep. 29) Warden. My "Front Lines" build had a completely underdeveloped throw stat, while my "Objective Holder" build had it maxed out. I could easily tell the difference in the throw distances between the two, and they had situational advantages depending on map, team dynamics, etc.

When I heard the gear system was being changed and that this statistic was being removed, I was concerned about what would happen to my "Objective Holder" loadout, mostly about what the new default would be set to. I was similarly concerned for the Sprint Speed stat, as it was also being removed. I was afraid these stats would be defaulted to the very base line of the previous default gear, which was quite a short throw and a sluggish sprint. I asked about it on the forums and was told this would unfortunately be the case by some forumgoers, which quite disappointed me.

So I was pleasantly surprised when I finally tried out the Warden post-patch and found his throw distance was actually only slightly shorter than his previous heroic gear max (which is still quite far), which also held true for his run speed. All things considered, I feel it is a very agreeable compromise given that control over these statistics is gone.

In other words, it wasn't terribly nerfed or buffed, it was tweaked to a generous, happy middle that I'm satisfied with and grateful for that I can enjoy playing across all my future builds. I have to compliment Ubisoft for finding a tasteful sweet spot in this new system.

Nestramutat
05-19-2017, 08:04 AM
Sprint speed is gone as well from gears, yet I still see people run faster than me. Explanation?

Is there a comprehensive guide to gear stats? For example, what does defense penetration do?

guffffff
05-19-2017, 11:41 AM
Sprint speed is gone as well from gears, yet I still see people run faster than me. Explanation?

Dunno, all i can find is that it has been removed :confused:

Charmzzz
05-19-2017, 11:51 AM

Is there a comprehensive guide to gear stats? For example, what does defense penetration do?

Every Character has different base-spring-speed, just like the throw difference. Heavy's like Conq are not as fast as Assassins like Orochi.

Blasto95
05-19-2017, 12:08 PM
It used to be there and I cant find it now...
Has ubi really got rid of it and replaced it with more revenge meter bull ****?

Cheers for limiting my fun Ubi.

Literally the best class to have this on would of been centurion for all the spartan kicks, but you had to ruin that as well.

Do us a favour and stop touching things.

Any +Throw Distance, for most heroes, was bad. Out of Stamina punishes could be ruined by throwing your opponent to far. It was really a stupid stat along with sprint speed.

And Im not against environmental kills at all, it should just be far from the focus of the game.

Capoupacap
05-19-2017, 02:55 PM
into the pit ;)

Blasto95
05-19-2017, 03:13 PM
Ledging is still way too common a factor in the game, even without it.

Throw distance did nothing but make a ridiculous factor even cheesier.

It wasn't diversity in gameplay choices, it was plain stupid and degraded the game in the long run.

Yes it was nice on some people *glares at warlord mains* but it's a welcome exit.

Think of it this way.

At least Shinobi can't grab you from across the entire map with a ranged throw now.

Because you didn't think about that, did you? No.

You only think about yourself.

Shinobis range would not be increased. His throw distance off the GB would. I mean I assume it would work like that. Shugoki would not get any bonus throw distance on his baseball bat swing out of GBs. Throw distance Im pretty sure only effected the actual distance you are thrown. So I doubt Centurions kick would also have been affected.

FledgeSRondo
05-19-2017, 07:10 PM
I'll say it again: the statistics for throw distance and sprint speed weren't nerfed to their pre-patch baseline default gear values. They're actually slightly weaker than their max heroic gear values, at least for the Warden, which is considerably generous compared to the former baseline. I know because I used both the lowest values and highest values for these stats on different loadouts. Previously Warden's weak throw would only toss an opponent directly front of him (making situational followups easier), while his long throw could toss enemies 6 feet or so into hazards or for breathing space. Post-patch it's only marginally less than that max. I was pleasantly surprised at the new defaults and think they're a happy compromise.

Why, then, is everyone here talking as though the removal of these statistics is some kind of welcome and deserved nerf, when the new defaults are a generous compromise? I can only assume that none of you have any idea what the actual difference feels like on the battlefield and are merely reacting to the idea that "X statistic has been removed" without actually understanding what that means in practice.