PDA

View Full Version : Weapons you hope to see! (Pics encouraged)

HorTyS
05-19-2017, 01:41 AM
While we don't know for sure the timeline of the game, I wanted a thread dedicated to the potential arsenal we'll be dealing with in the game.

Going on the evidence, if it is indeed modern day, I hope to see an AR based on the SCAR-H make it's Far Cry debut.

http://www.fnherstal.com/fileadmin/flash/prodgallery/Assault_Rifles/SCAR/SCAR_Black/SCAR-H_CQC//scar_h_cqc_g_500.png

Also it would be cool if this time we use a compound bow:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/41UwMTrTBVL.jpg

Doesn't have to be to crazy or elaborate, not like some tournament bow or something, but this would not be far fetched to find in some house in rural MT at all....

IF it is indeed set in wild west times, I would hope they don't shy away from having native americans in the game and I would want to see their spears!!!

http://thumbs4.ebaystatic.com/d/l225/m/mgC8HhrtmtH3eQovtsY9Ddg.jpg

Spears were the best part of FCPrimal imo, so if its wild west, I wanna use em again! hahaha

Whatchy'all got?

HorTyS
05-19-2017, 07:21 AM
http://www.medievalengineerswiki.com/images/6/62/LargeStone.png

Be patient and aim at the skull to put in an unconscious state. Failing to do so prompts the enemy to give an alarm.

Guess I should have specified NEW weapons... not just new functionality, though thats a interesting idea to be able to knock out enemies silently.

Fallen-Champ
05-20-2017, 09:52 AM
I did like these weapons a lot in Far Cry 4
Elephant Double Barrel Rifle
Shadow 1911 pistol
Harpoon Gun
Crossbow

Some of the signature weapons were great also, hoping there is a way t unlock special weapons again.

HorTyS
05-20-2017, 10:13 AM
I did like these weapons a lot in Far Cry 4
Elephant Double Barrel Rifle
Shadow 1911 pistol
Harpoon Gun
Crossbow

Some of the signature weapons were great also, hoping there is a way t unlock special weapons again.

I think the elephant double barrel was a pre-order bonus and I never got that one. I did love the harpoon gun though oh man, that thing was so much fun. Don't know that I ever was able to pin a guy to a wall or tree though.... I liked sneaking up right behind a guy crouched and shooting him with it point blank at an upward angle sending him flying.. very satisfying if they were on a cliff edge! Definitely hope the Nitro.700 or equivalent makes a return. I'd also like to see a better variety of more modern handguns. The 1911 and the 6P9 were both pretty lame IMO. I'd prefer something along the lines of

A USP.45

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/f/f8/H%26K_USP_9MM_5.jpg/350px-H%26K_USP_9MM_5.jpg
And perhaps a Glock 17

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/8/8d/SAIGlock17Tier1.jpg/350px-SAIGlock17Tier1.jpg

The pistols in FC were always lackluster to me, and I rarely used them beyond the early portions of the game before you have any other options...

Argonaut_Knight
05-20-2017, 10:27 AM
Here's my pick :)

- AR15 M4/M16 Variant
- AUG
- Leveraction Rifle = Winchester 1894/92
- Scar H
- CZ-805
- Glock 19
- G36
- Benelli M1014
- Nova Pumpgun
- Winchester 1897 trench gun
- FG 42
- Sten
- M3A1 Grease gun
- Martini Henry
- Barrett M107 or M82
- DSR
- HK21
- Sawed off shotgun
- M240B
- STG 44
- M60

HorTyS
05-20-2017, 10:17 PM
Here's my pick :)

- AR15 M4/M16 Variant
- AUG
- Leveraction Rifle = Winchester 1894/92
- Scar H
- CZ-805
- Glock 19
- G36
- Benelli M1014
- Nova Pumpgun
- Winchester 1897 trench gun
- FG 42
- Sten
- M3A1 Grease gun
- Martini Henry
- Barrett M107 or M82
- DSR
- HK21
- Sawed off shotgun
- M240B
- STG 44
- M60

Quite an extensive list. I would say some of them I think have already featured in FC games in the past, or at least weapons that are super similar, similar to the point that they should either swap out the other weapon or not replace them at all. The M4/ AR15s for example are very similar to the P-416 that has featured in FC3/4.There are even multiple weapons in that list that are very similar to one another. (beneli & nova pump gun are basically the same as the pump shotty already in the past games, & FC4 had a sawed-off shotty as well) I think the CZ-805 and the SCAR-H look very similar, so having both would seem redundant. But I like the CZ-805, wouldn't mind if that was there and not the SCAR.
http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131129170950/battlefield/images/c/c7/Bf4_cz805.png

Wouldn't mind them adding the G36 either, always liked that gun, great memories from COD:MW using that thing.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/8/87/Hkg36c.jpg/400px-Hkg36c.jpg

Personally I mostly want new modern weapons. I would rather they didn't put alot of old timey weapons in there if it's a modern game. Having wild west or WWII era weapons seems... out of place to me in a modern set game. ( Assuming FC5 is indeed modern day)

I would like to see them add the AA-12 or USAS-12 though, that was in FC2 and it was one of my faves, as was the MAC-10, would love to see both of those make a glorious come back...

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/9/93/USAS12.jpg/500px-USAS12.jpg

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/7/75/IngramMAC10.jpg/350px-IngramMAC10.jpg

Far Cry 3/4 were pretty good about having a variety of weapons that all look distinguishable from one another. It's not a clancy game where they fill out the arsenal with so many guns that some of them are inter-changeable with no real distinction from each other. I'd like to see the weapon list grow, but I also think they have plenty of weapons that could stand to be retired.

FC4 weapons I could live without ever seeing in the games again:

M-712, 1911, 6P9,Mark IV, A2000, Scorpion, BZ-19, MP34, MS16, SVD, PKM, U100, GL-94, GL-A87... And honestly I wouldn't care if they got rid of the Deagle & AK, but those are such staples not even just to FC but FPS games in general I just don't see them not using them... haha. If they replaced all these guns with alot of the new ones being suggested we'd maintain a big list to choose from... and a more interesting list IMO, one I'd change up my loadout alot more often for.

angstik
05-21-2017, 01:05 PM
I've always been a fan of old-fashioned guns. By old fashioned I mean that forced the user to be precise and efficient, because missing his target with these weapons would end badly for him.

Loved the old revolvers/german WW2 guns of FC4, the elephant rifle (my favorite), the bow and hoping for some assault rifle playing a bit like M1 Garand (packing more punch than the MS16 in FC3/4 but with slower firing rate). Best fun ever I had to play with in a game was a spanish rifle taking 10-15 seconds to reload while fighting dinosaurs: sure it was a challenge.

Argonaut_Knight
05-21-2017, 08:09 PM
Quite an extensive list. I would say some of them I think have already featured in FC games in the past, or at least weapons that are super similar, similar to the point that they should either swap out the other weapon or not replace them at all. The M4/ AR15s for example are very similar to the P-416 that has featured in FC3/4.There are even multiple weapons in that list that are very similar to one another. (beneli & nova pump gun are basically the same as the pump shotty already in the past games, & FC4 had a sawed-off shotty as well) I think the CZ-805 and the SCAR-H look very similar, so having both would seem redundant. But I like the CZ-805, wouldn't mind if that was there and not the SCAR.
http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131129170950/battlefield/images/c/c7/Bf4_cz805.png

Wouldn't mind them adding the G36 either, always liked that gun, great memories from COD:MW using that thing.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/8/87/Hkg36c.jpg/400px-Hkg36c.jpg

Personally I mostly want new modern weapons. I would rather they didn't put alot of old timey weapons in there if it's a modern game. Having wild west or WWII era weapons seems... out of place to me in a modern set game. ( Assuming FC5 is indeed modern day)

I would like to see them add the AA-12 or USAS-12 though, that was in FC2 and it was one of my faves, as was the MAC-10, would love to see both of those make a glorious come back...

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/7/75/IngramMAC10.jpg/350px-IngramMAC10.jpg

Far Cry 3/4 were pretty good about having a variety of weapons that all look distinguishable from one another. It's not a clancy game where they fill out the arsenal with so many guns that some of them are inter-changeable with no real distinction from each other. I'd like to see the weapon list grow, but I also think they have plenty of weapons that could stand to be retired.

FC4 weapons I could live without ever seeing in the games again:

M-712, 1911, 6P9,Mark IV, A2000, Scorpion, BZ-19, MP34, MS16, SVD, PKM, U100, GL-94, GL-A87... And honestly I wouldn't care if they got rid of the Deagle & AK, but those are such staples not even just to FC but FPS games in general I just don't see them not using them... haha. If they replaced all these guns with alot of the new ones being suggested we'd maintain a big list to choose from... and a more interesting list IMO, one I'd change up my loadout alot more often for.

I agree some of my suggestions are similar and I would also agree that the next game should have a fresh new list with most of them being modern. However, I still firmly believe that classics (ww2 or western guns) should make an appearance as well because it adds that special spice to the game. In the end of the day it should be a good variety of different weapons as you correctly mentioned they shouldn't be too similar. A few years back I criticized the developers in a thread that they shouldn't have recycled all assets from 3 to 4. My general hope is that they won't reuse the weapons list from 3 and 4. At the moment I am more worried about the story/gameplay direction FC5 will take. Not so sure If I like the cult themed setting.. But lets see!

HorTyS
05-21-2017, 08:46 PM
I've always been a fan of old-fashioned guns. By old fashioned I mean that forced the user to be precise and efficient, because missing his target with these weapons would end badly for him.

Loved the old revolvers/german WW2 guns of FC4, the elephant rifle (my favorite), the bow and hoping for some assault rifle playing a bit like M1 Garand (packing more punch than the MS16 in FC3/4 but with slower firing rate). Best fun ever I had to play with in a game was a spanish rifle taking 10-15 seconds to reload while fighting dinosaurs: sure it was a challenge.

WTF game was that? hahaha.

I agree some of my suggestions are similar and I would also agree that the next game should have a fresh new list with most of them being modern. However, I still firmly believe that classics (ww2 or western guns) should make an appearance as well because it adds that special spice to the game. In the end of the day it should be a good variety of different weapons as you correctly mentioned they shouldn't be too similar. A few years back I criticized the developers in a thread that they shouldn't have recycled all assets from 3 to 4. My general hope is that they won't reuse the weapons list from 3 and 4. At the moment I am more worried about the story/gameplay direction FC5 will take. Not so sure If I like the cult themed setting.. But lets see!

ha, i guess maybe the 'spice' those old guns add is just not one i particularly like the flavor of http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/rolleyes.png, but, because I never use them, I guess i'm not mad that they're there, but if they were to be there in place of something more modern, then i'd be bumming on it... so like if we got some lever action repeater instead of the SCAR, that would be kinda lame imo. I do like some of the more old fashioned things, i mean, i LOVE the bow in these games, it's the weapon I use 70% of the time, I just don't like the old timey firearms like the Mark IV, I think i used it once or twice, because it was one of the new weapons in FC4, but then i just switched it out for robocop's gun until i got the thumper and then i just used that for the rest of the game, because once you get that does anyone use any other side arm? Maybe the sawed-off once in a while...

angstik
05-22-2017, 12:26 AM
WTF game was that? hahaha.

ha, i guess maybe the 'spice' those old guns add is just not one i particularly like the flavor of http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/rolleyes.png, but, because I never use them, I guess i'm not mad that they're there, but if they were to be there in place of something more modern, then i'd be bumming on it... so like if we got some lever action repeater instead of the SCAR, that would be kinda lame imo. I do like some of the more old fashioned things, i mean, i LOVE the bow in these games, it's the weapon I use 70% of the time, I just don't like the old timey firearms like the Mark IV, I think i used it once or twice, because it was one of the new weapons in FC4, but then i just switched it out for robocop's gun until i got the thumper and then i just used that for the rest of the game, because once you get that does anyone use any other side arm? Maybe the sawed-off once in a while...

I don't use the thumper unless I'm playing Escape from Durgesh. Most of the time, I prefer small guns. Clearly more entertaining. Thumpers and grenade launcher are just "one hit kills everything toys". Lacks precision and fun as far as my opinion goes.

HorTyS
05-22-2017, 03:51 AM
I don't use the thumper unless I'm playing Escape from Durgesh. Most of the time, I prefer small guns. Clearly more entertaining. Thumpers and grenade launcher are just "one hit kills everything toys". Lacks precision and fun as far as my opinion goes.

I don't know that I'd go that far, can't deny the entertainment value of a good explosion now & again. More often than not the thumper (thats what i'll always call those single shot 'nade launchers) is in my side arm slot. i like to use that because you can fire it whilst driving or in the gyro. I don't often equip my side arm outside of being in a vehicle, and pistols are pretty worthless in that situation...

With the rumor being that we take the role of a cop in this one, maybe a new weapon we get for the side arm slot might be a stun gun for non-lethal engagement?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/d1/Police_issue_X26_TASER-white.jpg/220px-Police_issue_X26_TASER-white.jpg

angstik
05-22-2017, 10:39 AM
I definitly agree that thumper is the only thing to use while in a gyro.

Stun gun would be cool, but it would definitly sound too much like Battlefied Hardline. I just hope you're not a cop. I all Far Cry, you're in a place where no laws exist (none but martial law of course). So I hope we'll not be playing the good guy trying to arrest as many bad boys as he can.

Maybe stun gun could have some environnemental effects: shooting in the water to electrocute enemies walking in, re-routing electric machines...

D.DVD
05-22-2017, 05:32 PM
The company pays for each weapon they digitalize ... that is why certain weapons find their way back, with a few new one's added every next game.... I think we will see weapons from the Division, and Wildlands.

HorTyS
05-22-2017, 07:35 PM
I definitly agree that thumper is the only thing to use while in a gyro.

Stun gun would be cool, but it would definitly sound too much like Battlefied Hardline. I just hope you're not a cop. I all Far Cry, you're in a place where no laws exist (none but martial law of course). So I hope we'll not be playing the good guy trying to arrest as many bad boys as he can.

Maybe stun gun could have some environnemental effects: shooting in the water to electrocute enemies walking in, re-routing electric machines...

It's looking more & more like FC5 will not be to your liking....

angstik
05-22-2017, 07:43 PM
It's looking more & more like FC5 will not be to your liking....

Then I'll play it less than others. That's all.

angryfudgepop
05-23-2017, 03:57 AM
Wichester Rifle and The Peacemaker revolver.

HorTyS
05-23-2017, 07:35 AM
Wichester Rifle and The Peacemaker revolver.

If it was a western I'd imagine those'd be there, but the modern day scenario is all but official at this point...

D.DVD
05-23-2017, 08:21 AM
If it was a western I'd imagine those'd be there, but the modern day scenario is all but official at this point...

I think so too, since both these guns are already in Wildlands, so very easy to implement here as well.

angryfudgepop
05-24-2017, 01:07 AM
Also give us the 1903 Springfield.

EdEddnED-E
05-24-2017, 04:12 AM
DEAGLE

yes im a fanboy and proud of it

HorTyS
05-24-2017, 08:32 AM
DEAGLE

yes im a fanboy and proud of it

Ha, well, I suppose it's sort of a classic. They've had that in 2/3/4... I could do without it but....

Robert223333
05-24-2017, 03:25 PM
CZ SP 01 Shadow Orange
https://www.akah.de/10803298/10721471/product/m/cz-75-sp-01-shadow-orange.jpg

AA-12 automatic combat shotgun
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/3d/cf/1b/3dcf1bc5524a1c13fee15ddf492a8878.jpg

Barrett M82
http://www.military-today.com/firearms/barrett_m82.jpg

angstik
05-24-2017, 04:15 PM
I want a stick of dynamite as a throwable weapon.

mistados
05-24-2017, 06:35 PM
I don't mind what weapons we get, as long as they are different from previous games. FC4 had so many recycled weapons from FC3, even sharing the same animations.

HorTyS
05-24-2017, 06:52 PM
CZ SP 01 Shadow Orange

AA-12 automatic combat shotgun

Barrett M82

I like that pistol!, I've also mentioned the AA-12 as a desired new weapon, though an alternate suggestion I had was the USAS-12 because it is more rarely used in games, only ever seen it before in FC2. The Barret I feel like is basically already been in the past games as the AMR though.

I want a stick of dynamite as a throwable weapon.

That would be cool, but I don't see how it'd be different from the grenade in any meaningful way unless it were to take the 'nades place... I would like to see other types of grenades, like flash bangs or smoke grenades implemented as a way to increase tactics & provide a bit more depth to attack plans...

I don't mind what weapons we get, as long as they are different from previous games. FC4 had so many recycled weapons from FC3, even sharing the same animations.

I agree. The recycled weapon models & animations are one of FC4's biggest shortcomings imo. I wouldn't have been so miffed about re-used animations if we were still playing as Jason Brody, but being Ajay Ghale, a totally unrelated character, he should've done every first person action differently, no 2 random people would do that many things EXACTLY the same way. For this one I've already posted alot of ideas about how they can change up alot of the animations & such, and I hope they go alot deeper with it. As for the re-use of weapons, some overlap is fine, they don't need to completely toss out every weapon they've used before, but they definitely should replace alot of them with new ones. This thread has alot of my thoughts on that already so I won't repost them all again, but yeah, there is alot of weapons they could drop and we've made alot of suggestions for things that could take their place...

mistados
05-24-2017, 07:07 PM
I like that pistol!, I've also mentioned the AA-12 as a desired new weapon, though an alternate suggestion I had was the USAS-12 because it is more rarely used in games, only ever seen it before in FC2. The Barret I feel like is basically already been in the past games as the AMR though.

That would be cool, but I don't see how it'd be different from the grenade in any meaningful way unless it were to take the 'nades place... I would like to see other types of grenades, like flash bangs or smoke grenades implemented as a way to increase tactics & provide a bit more depth to attack plans...

I agree. The recycled weapon models & animations are one of FC4's biggest shortcomings imo. I wouldn't have been so miffed about re-used animations if we were still playing as Jason Brody, but being Ajay Ghale, a totally unrelated character, he should've done every first person action differently, no 2 random people would do that many things EXACTLY the same way. For this one I've already posted alot of ideas about how they can change up alot of the animations & such, and I hope they go alot deeper with it. As for the re-use of weapons, some overlap is fine, they don't need to completely toss out every weapon they've used before, but they definitely should replace alot of them with new ones. This thread has alot of my thoughts on that already so I won't repost them all again, but yeah, there is alot of weapons they could drop and we've made alot of suggestions for things that could take their place...

Totally agree with you.

HorTyS
05-25-2017, 06:01 AM
With that cover/ promo art release I was ecstatic to see the compound bow on there, thats 'gun be fuuuuun... One small tweak I wouldn't mind seeing for bow gameplay would be no more auto collect the arrows, I'd rather they are retrieved when we search the bodies....

Argonaut_Knight
05-25-2017, 09:19 AM
Looking at the reveal poster I can already see some new models. Here's what I can see so far;
- Beretta M9
- Mossberg 500 Tactical (without stock)
- Sig Sauer MPX
- New AR15 variant (Its not the P416)
- New Revolver
- New compound Bow

So far I cannot see any recycled assets except the RPG.

Farcryisdead
05-25-2017, 09:26 AM
As many weapons as possible. as simple as that.

mistados
05-25-2017, 10:09 AM

http://www.coltautos.com/images/1911_Navy_109967i.jpg

HorTyS
05-25-2017, 06:09 PM
As many weapons as possible. as simple as that.

I think borderlands proves more isn't always better. The problem with just putting as many in as possible and over-saturating the weapon pool is you start to get to the point where there is so little difference that the choices become irrelevant. I like to have a a nice wide selection, but if you had 20 ARs or 10 shotguns, like, alot of those will not only start to control & behave trivially different, but look the same as well. I think they always had a good selection that all looked aesthetically unique, so I think they should maintain that, but just replace some of the old weapons with new ones not in the games before.... Take away the FAMAS and use the SCAR, take away the scropion & use the MAC-10, ditch the 6p9 & add the SIG SAUER etc...

Looking at the reveal poster I can already see some new models. Here's what I can see so far;
- Beretta M9
- Mossberg 500 Tactical (without stock)
- Sig Sauer MPX
- New AR15 variant (Its not the P416)
- New Revolver
- New compound Bow

So far I cannot see any recycled assets except the RPG.

Weeellll, this being promo art, that could be misleading. The revolver & AR specifically could still be repeats in game, and the art may just not be replicating them exactly.... I agree they look different than the in-game counterparts, but I don't buy that they're new models in the game until I see that they are... Can't tell you how glad I was to see that compound bow though, I'd been suggesting that all along (just see my first post in this thread!)

The 1911 has been in FC3 & 4, personally its one of the weapons I hope they replace. I guess I'd like it more if we could put our own attachments on it so I could just slap a silencer on it but even then I'd honestly rather have a bevy of other pistols take its place. Guess I'm just kinda tired of it and was never a fan of it to begin with....

LurkerinShadow
05-25-2017, 09:09 PM
M1911
Glock 18
M4
Springfield 1903
M1 Carbine
Mateba 6
Arctic Warfare Magnum
Winchester 1886 rifle
Ithaca Stakeout
M4 Super90
Sig Sauer MPX
Thompson smg
Mac 10
M60 E4
Aug A3

Necronomicon999
05-26-2017, 03:00 AM
I would love to see the sniper Barret M82 customizable explosive bullets, etc,etc :rolleyes:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5a/M82A1_barrett.jpeg

HorTyS
05-26-2017, 03:18 AM
I would love to see the sniper Barret M82 customizable explosive bullets, etc,etc :rolleyes:

Not the first time in this thread this weapon has been suggested but I still fail to see how the Z93 does not fill the desire for this one... ?

https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/farcry/images/a/a3/FC3_cutout_sniper_z93.png/revision/latest?cb=20130907102712

They're not exactly alike but I can't imagine they play very differently....

Necronomicon999
05-26-2017, 05:31 AM
Oh and some mini-gun ala Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon could be nice :cool:

HorTyS
05-26-2017, 07:05 AM
Oh and some mini-gun ala Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon could be nice :cool:

Haha, only if the character screams after shooting for 5 seconds straight again as well!

mistados
05-26-2017, 07:10 AM
http://img0.joyreactor.cc/pics/post/%D0%B3%D0%B8%D1%84%D0%BA%D0%B8-brofist-%D0%98%D0%B3%D1%80%D1%8B-Far-Cry-3-Blood-Dragon-644716.gif

HorTyS
05-26-2017, 08:13 AM
Hitting the melee button when there's nothing to melee should flip the bird again as well...

http://i.imgur.com/NwgCqIz.gif

Helforsite
05-26-2017, 08:15 AM
Compound Bow
MP7
Sig Sauer P226 (preferably X5 in grey/silver)

HorTyS
05-26-2017, 08:21 AM
Compound Bow
MP7
Sig Sauer P226 (preferably X5 in grey/silver)

Compound bow was basically official after they released that promo art. MP7s seem pretty military specific and the game being set domestically sort of reduces the odds of more military oriented hardware but there are ways to justify it being there, like maybe one of these enemy sub-bosses (of which it seems there may be quite a few) is former military and maybe, since they're "bad dudes', he stole a bunch of weapons when he got out or something... Just spit-ballin' but thats one way you could explain it...

Good call on the SIG though, those look pretty sick...

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/e/e3/SigP226TwoTone03.jpg/300px-SigP226TwoTone03.jpg

I like the black & silver finish styled one...

Helforsite
05-26-2017, 08:26 AM
Compound bow was basically official after they released that promo art. MP7s seem pretty military specific and the game being set domestically sort of reduces the odds of more military oriented hardware but there are ways to justify it being there, like maybe one of these enemy sub-bosses (of which it seems there may be quite a few) is former military and maybe (since they're "bad dudes' he stole a bunch of weapons when he got out or something... Just spit-ballin' but thats one way you could explain it...

Good call on the SIG though, those look pretty sick...

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/e/e3/SigP226TwoTone03.jpg/300px-SigP226TwoTone03.jpg

I like the black & silver finish styled one...

I just want the MP7, because it is so much more beautiful than other SMGs in my opinion.
The Sig Sauer I want looks like this:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/53/SIG226_x5.jpg

HorTyS
05-26-2017, 08:35 AM
Yeah, MP7s are pretty cool, personally for SMGs I like the vector, which is already in the game, but MP7's i would gladly take in place of something like the BZ-19 or whatever its called, the one with the round canister clip....

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/callofduty/images/3/39/MP7_menu_icon_MW3.png/revision/latest?cb=20111112192605

I really want them to bring back the MAC-10 but it should go in the side-arm class....

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/4/4b/Mac_m11_9k.jpg/350px-Mac_m11_9k.jpg

Helforsite
05-26-2017, 01:45 PM
Yeah, MP7s are pretty cool, personally for SMGs I like the vector, which is already in the game, but MP7's i would gladly take in place of something like the BZ-19 or whatever its called, the one with the round canister clip....

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/callofduty/images/3/39/MP7_menu_icon_MW3.png/revision/latest?cb=20111112192605

I really want them to bring back the MAC-10 but it should go in the side-arm class....

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/4/4b/Mac_m11_9k.jpg/350px-Mac_m11_9k.jpg
I am not really a fan of the MAC-10 or SMG's as sidearm, but why not?^^
Also, a few new sniper rifles like these would be appreciated:
Mauser 86 SR:
http://realitypod.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Mauser-86-SR-550x344.jpg

Keppeler KS-V:
http://realitypod.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Keppelarweb-002-550x329.jpg

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 12:40 AM
I am not really a fan of the MAC-10 or SMG's as sidearm, but why not?^^
Also, a few new sniper rifles like these would be appreciated:
Mauser 86 SR:

Keppeler KS-V:

Not a fan of SMGs as a side arm? Why? I'd rather show up at a potential shootout with a mac-10 than the stupid 1911, and after seeing the reveal trailer I will be able to! MAC-10 confirmed, it's what the woman on back of the quad bike is shooting when they blow up that tanker truck....Also both of those rifles seem so similar to the M-700 & Z93 that are already in the games....

hallower1980
05-27-2017, 01:11 AM
Multiple bows
M4 carbine
M60
.30-30 repeater
Mare's Leg
.50 sniper
Garand and other WWII hand-me-downs
Bouncing Betty
weaponized potato launcher
harpoon gun (see Crackdown)
.44 Magnum
Colt revolver
stringed bow for bow fishing
dynamite
grenade launcher
12-guage shotgun

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 04:17 AM
Multiple bows - Compound bow confirmed! unknown if the recurve will be back
M4 carbine - The basic AR we've been seeing seems a close facsimile
M60 - Unknown
.30-30 repeater - looks like a lever action rifle being used to hunt the elk in the trailer, maybe not exactly this model, but ....
Mare's Leg - like the sawed off 1887 in FC4 then?
.50 sniper - everyone seems to want this but it seems just like the z93 to me....
Garand and other WWII hand-me-downs - MS13 seems to fit this bill.
Bouncing Betty - these are the mines that pop up & explode right? would be a cool alternative to the proxy-mines....
weaponized potato launcher - lol, why?
harpoon gun (see Crackdown) - Or just the return of the Fc4 one, loved that thang.... I heard or read we'll be able to pick up & throw pitchforks though!!
.44 Magnum - confirmed
Colt revolver - basically the same as the magnum right? kinda redundant....
stringed bow for bow fishing - eeeh, really?
dynamite - Think i heard this is in there..
grenade launcher - 2/3/4 had one in one form or another... tradition will probably continue
12-guage shotgun - the .700 Nitro was a beast, if they make one like that, you know I be down

I'm hoping that with swappable melee weapons they fully support takedowns from all angles and have a bunch of new takedown animations.

hallower1980
05-27-2017, 05:46 AM
Looking at the Gold Edition add-ons, I see: AR-C rifle, MBP .50 sniper, 1911, .44 magnum, compound bow... as well as a helicopter, van, and outfits.

With the Colt revolver, I was thinking it might be fun to have an old single-action revolver that fired faster than the .44 and included the cool Wild West visual of manually pulling the hammer after every shot.

With the potato gun, that's just an example of how country folks build their own toys and don't buy everything ready-made from a store. Plus, I figure there could be some hilarious moments with it.

Now that you mention it, it does seem likely that the Far Cry 3 & 4 guns will return. A shotgun that could kill a rhino! An elephant gun would be handy against grizzlies.

HorTyS
05-27-2017, 07:52 AM
Looking at the Gold Edition add-ons, I see: AR-C rifle, MBP .50 sniper, 1911, .44 magnum, compound bow... as well as a helicopter, van, and outfits.

With the Colt revolver, I was thinking it might be fun to have an old single-action revolver that fired faster than the .44 and included the cool Wild West visual of manually pulling the hammer after every shot.

With the potato gun, that's just an example of how country folks build their own toys and don't buy everything ready-made from a store. Plus, I figure there could be some hilarious moments with it.

Now that you mention it, it does seem likely that the Far Cry 3 & 4 guns will return. A shotgun that could kill a rhino! An elephant gun would be handy against grizzlies.

It would be cool to see him flair the hammer if you shot really fast with a revolver, but I just know the weapon selection is limited so having multiple similar weapons sort of gets in the way of more unique ones...

That potato gun thing had me puzzled, but it would be funny as kind of a gag weapon just to mess with the enemies... haha

And yeah, I loved the .700 NITRO, that gun sent dudes FLYING, so much fun!!!

AkenoKobayashi
05-29-2017, 04:28 AM
Considering this is the US that the game is set in, I hope to see M4A1/M16A3 style weapons. Can we please have a NORMAL AKM or AK-74? Not some bastardized Frankenstein variant of the weapons. Oh, and instead of the RPG-7 can we get some US made RPGs? And a Flamethrower.

HorTyS
05-29-2017, 05:18 AM
Considering this is the US that the game is set in, I hope to see M4A1/M16A3 style weapons. Can we please have a NORMAL AKM or AK-74? Not some bastardized Frankenstein variant of the weapons. Oh, and instead of the RPG-7 can we get some US made RPGs? And a Flamethrower.

This is in the wider version of that promo art, thats an M4 right?

http://i.imgur.com/D6UKiTZ.jpg

Still holding out hope for a SCAR or ACR myself, but at least the MAC-10 I wanted is confirmed!

LurkerinShadow
05-29-2017, 08:31 PM
I'm glad the MAC 10 is making a return. MP7 could replace the Bidon 19PP, the MPX as an elite smg.
Then... something like an M60 or M249.
Of course, some shotguns like a R870 or Mossberg 500 would be perfect.
Finally, old school weapons should be included: Springfield M1903, M1 Carbine, M1897 Trench Gun or a lever action carbine: Winchester 1886.

Skrap98
05-29-2017, 10:45 PM
https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/8e94b9347e01b77eb5544a09ce3e947a/g/-/g-g-pdw-15-cqb-honey-badger-1.jpg
I would really love to see this. Not in an airsoft version tho :P . It would be freking awesome to stealth outposts while holdding that thing.

Skrap98
05-29-2017, 10:46 PM
I would be so pissed and dissapointed if the most murican weapon ever made is not in Fc5. Just this,
http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q705/GabbyM3173/Browning_M1919A4E1_zps001a12e7.png

HorTyS
05-30-2017, 06:23 AM
https://www.surplusstore.co.uk/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/8e94b9347e01b77eb5544a09ce3e947a/g/-/g-g-pdw-15-cqb-honey-badger-1.jpg
I would really love to see this. Not in an airsoft version tho :P . It would be freking awesome to stealth outposts while holdding that thing.

The new standard AR in the game (at least all the enemies in the trailer were packin' it) looks similar just without the integrated silencer...

http://i.imgur.com/JLUdwXs.png

LurkerinShadow
05-30-2017, 10:59 AM
Could it be possible to have a crossbow?

HorTyS
05-30-2017, 07:37 PM
Could it be possible to have a crossbow?

Far Cry 4 had the auto-cross... possible? yes, confirmed? no...

D.DVD
05-31-2017, 12:04 PM
Anything would be fine, as long as there are tons of them :D and maybe really exclusive guns (Gold plated AK or M1928 or in that range) that only appear once or twice during the entire life of the game, with better stats than the "normal" guns for multiplayer, as to make them collectable and motivate people to stay playing the game.

Example: 30 or 50 hours of multiplayer (or 500 revives or anything else) that month results in, for example, a gold plated M1928, with e.g. 20 percent more hipfire accuracy as a standard Tommy. Has the month passed, that golden M1928 will never return. Next month there might be a Silver M1928 with just other stats, or a gold plated AK.

These kind of things are really easy to make for Ubi, and could result in them, more or less, forcing to play and be loyal to the game.......

strigoi1958
05-31-2017, 12:14 PM
I would like to see us come across a snare like below and then fashion it to make a garrote. Not just for silent takedown kills.... but for when we are hiding in a bush and we wait for an enemy to step into it, then, in a single movement, we pull his legs back into the bush and drag him in while knocking him unconscious. So a non lethal take down.
http://ebooks.lib.ntu.edu.tw/1_file/Gutenberg/17093/images/fig033.jpg

http://ghouse.com.au/image/cache/catalog/vre546-228x228.jpg

strigoi1958
05-31-2017, 12:48 PM
I think hitmans fiber wire has a handle at both ends... It looks like the pull start wire from a quad bike I once owned :)

HorTyS
06-01-2017, 07:16 AM
For new SMG class weapons, I wouldn't mind seeing either their version of the

H&K UMP
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/f/f4/UMP_45.jpg/200px-UMP_45.jpg

or the APC9.
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/f/f6/B%26T_APC9.jpg/200px-B%26T_APC9.jpg
They both looks similar, so one or the other of these would be a welcomed addition...

Fallen-Champ
06-01-2017, 08:49 AM
http://demandware.edgesuite.net/sits_pod39/dw/image/v2/ABBS_PRD/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-masterCatalog/en_US/dw9afa3fbf/images/large/5924a54fef3aa5600f8b4568-1.jpg?sw=1084&sh=822&sm=fit

MBP Sniper Rifle, are those any good it looks basic in the image so we must be able to buy extras, also looks to be a golden gun - are they old or new rifles I know nothing about this stuff.

mistados
06-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Is it a real world weapon even?

HorTyS
06-01-2017, 10:08 AM
Is it a real world weapon even?

Almost all the weapons in Far Cry are either fictionalized or called by their most generic names (MP5, 1911 etc.) I don't know if that is a wholly unique model or if it is based on an actual weapon, but good to see a new sniper already confirmed... Confirmations on new bow, melee weapons, side arm class weapon (my MAC-10 BAY-BEE!!) AR class weapon, and now sniper... Wonder if we'll get any new SMGs, LMGs and heavy ordnance weapons as well...

mistados
06-01-2017, 10:47 AM
Looks like it might be based loosely on the SA50 sniper from FC4

strigoi1958
06-01-2017, 11:16 AM
It looks like Desert Tech's SRS A1 to me. really nice rifle if it uses the the .338

http://www.militaryfactory.com/smallarms/imgs/desert-tech-srs-bullpup-sniper-rifle.jpg

mistados
06-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Informative

strigoi1958
06-01-2017, 12:45 PM
@Mistados One of the finest sniper rifle manufacturers in the world is not far from you. A.I. (Accuracy International)

mistados
06-01-2017, 12:52 PM
@Mistados One of the finest sniper rifle manufacturers in the world is not far from you. A.I. (Accuracy International)

Awesome! I didn't know this, thanks for the heads up! ;)

Fallen-Champ
06-01-2017, 12:55 PM
http://i880.photobucket.com/albums/ac6/MrTibarata/Far Cry 5/Far Cry 5 Guns_zpsnvcsttbv.jpg (http://s880.photobucket.com/user/MrTibarata/media/Far Cry 5/Far Cry 5 Guns_zpsnvcsttbv.jpg.html)

akilyoung
06-01-2017, 01:30 PM
Steve, I actually own that bow in your OP, but mine is silver lol crazy...its a great beginner compound. I upgraded mine with a whisper biscuit and sights, pretty damn accurate!

But as far as weapons, I want a lot of melee weapons for CQC for sure

Id like a return of the FC2 machete

Boulders to smash heads

various knives

Brass knuckles

bats

farm implements like

pitch forks

shovel

manual mower / scythe would be AMAZING and gory

pole saw

chainsaw

lawnmowers of various sorts. Push, riding, barrel blade

jerry/gas can that can be poured and ignited from afar, like in GTA5

Sports related stuff like

vaulting pole as a spear

football to chuck at heads to stun them

same with baseball

ability to use mitt as a shield in one hand, but limiting other hand to one handed weapons

ability to wear catcher mask or other types of armor found laying around, but they get damaged over time.

akilyoung
06-01-2017, 01:38 PM
This is in the wider version of that promo art, thats an M4 right?

http://i.imgur.com/D6UKiTZ.jpg

Still holding out hope for a SCAR or ACR myself, but at least the MAC-10 I wanted is confirmed!

Ya, stock M16a1 / M4 Carbine length barrel. Built quite a few customs over the years. Great guns!

strigoi1958
06-01-2017, 01:38 PM
I like the farm tools/ implements and the jerry/ gas can.

akilyoung
06-01-2017, 01:48 PM
Id like to use the fishing rod as a whip to stun people, and to reel them in like scorpion lol GET OVA HERE!

strigoi1958
06-01-2017, 01:50 PM
Id like to use the fishing rod as a whip to stun people, and to reel them in like scorpion lol GET OVA HERE!

Flawless victory

akilyoung
06-01-2017, 02:00 PM
Flawless victory

lol

Fallen-Champ
06-01-2017, 02:23 PM
The company pays for each weapon they digitalize ... that is why certain weapons find their way back, with a few new one's added every next game.... I think we will see weapons from the Division, and Wildlands.

I remember seeing the gun wall at Ubisoft Massive Entertainment in Sweden, I thought the sounds in FC3 with the guns was very well done, we got to pick up some of the models and get photos with them. Unsure if Ubi in Montreal have something similar - I imagine they will somewhere.
https://www.gamereactor.eu/media/99/massiveentertainmentsvaben_379971.jpg

strigoi1958
06-01-2017, 03:17 PM
I remember seeing the gun wall at Ubisoft Massive Entertainment in Sweden, I thought the sounds in FC3 with the guns was very well done, we got to pick up some of the models and get photos with them. Unsure if Ubi in Montreal have something similar - I imagine they will somewhere.

Yes... a big shout out to Ubi's sound guys... it is all these little things they do, that we usually do not notice that really helps us get immersed into the game. :)

HorTyS
06-01-2017, 08:22 PM

But as far as weapons, I want a lot of melee weapons for CQC for sure

Id like a return of the FC2 machete, Boulders to smash heads, various knives, Brass knuckles, bats, farm implements like, pitch forks., shovel, manual mower / scythe would be AMAZING and gory, pole saw, chainsaw, lawnmowers of various sorts. Push, riding, barrel blade, jerry/gas can that can be poured and ignited from afar, like in GTA5, Sports related stuff like, vaulting pole as a spear, football to chuck at heads to stun them. same with baseball, ability to use mitt as a shield in one hand, but limiting other hand to one handed weapons, ability to wear catcher mask or other types of armor found laying around, but they get damaged over time.
Oh is that all? haha, sheezus. We do know that you can pick up & throw pitchforks, so that is going to be awesome, I will do that at every opportunity, though I'm curious about it's implementation. I hope the way that works is that they are in the world, we can pick them up and it becomes our equipped weapon, so we can jab/ swing with it with RT and aim it with LT to throw it with RT, but that it does not become a permanent inventory item, we can just drop it or throw it and then we have our previously equipped weapons again. I'm curious about the wider range of melee weapons like bats & sledge hammers. If those are in the game in the same way our machetes/ kukaris were, but we just have a bat now to do takedowns with (shouldn't be very quiet though) and if thats the case I hope we get just a knife or something that we can have instead cause I"m a sneaky mo-fo in these games, and the takedowns are one of my favorite parts!

akilyoung
06-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Oh is that all? haha, sheezus. We do know that you can pick up & throw pitchforks, so that is going to be awesome, I will do that at every opportunity, though I'm curious about it's implementation. I hope the way that works is that they are in the world, we can pick them up and it becomes our equipped weapon, so we can jab/ swing with it with RT and aim it with LT to throw it with RT, but that it does not become a permanent inventory item, we can just drop it or throw it and then we have our previously equipped weapons again. I'm curious about the wider range of melee weapons like bats & sledge hammers. If those are in the game in the same way our machetes/ kukaris were, but we just have a bat now to do takedowns with (shouldn't be very quiet though) and if thats the case I hope we get just a knife or something that we can have instead cause I"m a sneaky mo-fo in these games, and the takedowns are one of my favorite parts!

Its just a wishlist....I have a right to dream, right???

Im sure MOST of these wont make it into the game, but as you said, I like it to be a simple system of pick up, auto equip, throw/use. Like real life...

HorTyS
06-02-2017, 05:31 PM
I hope if the bat and sledgehammer are implemented in the same way as the machete has been (that it's just your melee weapon and always with you but not in the weapon wheel/ equippable) that there is still also a stealthy option. Looks like the guy on the cover has a combat knife, I think that'd be cool if we could just have a knife rather than a big machete... a bit like Primal's little stone knife... One thing is for sure, every single takedown animation needs to be new...

akilyoung
06-02-2017, 06:52 PM
I hope if the bat and sledgehammer are implemented in the same way as the machete has been (that it's just your melee weapon and always with you but not in the weapon wheel/ equippable) that there is still also a stealthy option. Looks like the guy on the cover has a combat knife, I think that'd be cool if we could just have a knife rather than a big machete... a bit like Primal's little stone knife... One thing is for sure, every single takedown animation needs to be new...

Now THAT I totally agree with...weve had what appeares to be the same exact animations for the past several entries. Its getting WAYYYY old by now, huh?

BonafideBacon
06-02-2017, 06:54 PM
Banjo.

HorTyS
06-02-2017, 07:17 PM
Now THAT I totally agree with...weve had what appeares to be the same exact animations for the past several entries. Its getting WAYYYY old by now, huh?

The fact that Ajay Ghale did take downs in the exact same way as Jason Brody made no sense. I think the alternate melee weapons are a good indication, but i hope if we do still have a knife or machete that the animation is still all new. Primal at least had new ones because they were with different weapons & such, but the spear ones sometimes looked like the machete kills from FC3/4

Banjo.
So you just bash someone with a banjo? doesn't sound overly exciting and as a life-long MT resident I can tell you i've never even seen one so I don't think it'd be very accurate to just have them scattered across the map. Banjos seem more like a deep south type redneck trope than a northwest hick type of thing...

Alpha4691
06-02-2017, 10:59 PM
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=FIG-DOL-3965

Sniper Rifle M107A1 silenced is what i need ingame

HorTyS
06-03-2017, 12:00 AM
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/review?scode=FIG-DOL-3965

Sniper Rifle M107A1 silenced is what i need ingame

Looks like the Barrett .50, which a bunch have requested & no one will tell me how the z93 isn't fulfilling the same desire. hahaha

If the game has improved customization I hope things like front grips are stuff we can add/ remove. Never liked that the STG.90 had that forced front grip. Should have not had it and had 2 mod slots, because I'd rather have had a red dot & extended mag on it than that handle on front. Hope that they have attachments that affect handling like that this time... Deeper weapon customization makes a helluva lot more sense to add than character customization....

D.DVD
06-03-2017, 08:03 PM
It's the kingdom of guns..... You can probably find any gun ever produced in history in that state. Ubi should do something interesting with that fact. Something like...... handing out special really rare guns (which are rare in real life as well), on special occations or for really special events/accoplishments. The more guns, the better :P

HorTyS
06-03-2017, 11:09 PM
It's the kingdom of guns..... You can probably find any gun ever produced in history in that state. Ubi should do something interesting with that fact. Something like...... handing out special really rare guns (which are rare in real life as well), on special occations or for really special events/accoplishments. The more guns, the better :P

I don't entirely agree with this sentiment. I think games like borderlands where a big gimmick to the game is the amount of guns, but when you have so many, they start to blend together and you end up having a lot that are very meaningless & no one uses. I think they're sort of hovering around the right number of weapons in FC4, maybe could use a few more, but I think they should replace some of what they have with different ones. I mean, I don't know anyone who actually chooses to use the A2000 or scorpion.. pretty much ever... the only reason I've heard of someone using the 6p9 is because it's the only pistol that can be equipped with a silencer....

There are a lot of weapons that could & should be replaced with different models, just to put an end to the re-use we've already seen and prevent the game from feeling more recycled than I'm sure other aspects will already be making it feel... Some weapons appearing again would make sense, I'll be surprised if the AK isn't back and we already know the 1911 is still hangin' around, same with RPGs and I'm pretty sure that dang scorpion is still outstaying it's welcome (for me anyways haha) but simply replacing some of the weapons in the game would go a long way. I definitely think we need another shotgun or 2, there are only what, 4 in the game? And I'm fairly confident that anyone who uses shotguns regularly just gets the SPAZ and never uses anything else. (unless you consider the.700 NITRO a shotgun even though it wasn't shooting shotgun pellets from what I gather...)

LurkerinShadow
06-04-2017, 06:07 AM
I'd love to see the Ruger Mini 30.

HorTyS
06-04-2017, 08:23 AM
I'd love to see the Ruger Mini 30.

Well come on now, thats basically the same as the MS16 that was in FC3 & 4...

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/2/22/Ruger_Mini-30_Tactical.jpg/500px-Ruger_Mini-30_Tactical.jpg

I mean seriously...

mistados
06-04-2017, 09:47 AM
I just hope that with the addition of more melee weapons there won't be a reduction in firearms.

LurkerinShadow
06-04-2017, 12:32 PM
HorTyS: seriously, it could replace the MS16. Variety...

D.DVD
06-04-2017, 01:50 PM
I don't entirely agree with this sentiment. I think games like borderlands where a big gimmick to the game is the amount of guns, but when you have so many, they start to blend together and you end up having a lot that are very meaningless & no one uses. I think they're sort of hovering around the right number of weapons in FC4, maybe could use a few more, but I think they should replace some of what they have with different ones. I mean, I don't know anyone who actually chooses to use the A2000 or scorpion.. pretty much ever... the only reason I've heard of someone using the 6p9 is because it's the only pistol that can be equipped with a silencer....

There are a lot of weapons that could & should be replaced with different models, just to put an end to the re-use we've already seen and prevent the game from feeling more recycled than I'm sure other aspects will already be making it feel... Some weapons appearing again would make sense, I'll be surprised if the AK isn't back and we already know the 1911 is still hangin' around, same with RPGs and I'm pretty sure that dang scorpion is still outstaying it's welcome (for me anyways haha) but simply replacing some of the weapons in the game would go a long way. I definitely think we need another shotgun or 2, there are only what, 4 in the game? And I'm fairly confident that anyone who uses shotguns regularly just gets the SPAZ and never uses anything else. (unless you consider the.700 NITRO a shotgun even though it wasn't shooting shotgun pellets from what I gather...)

You have a great point there too. And I agree with it..... still I (personally) like to collect these thingies. Must be something about me :P

I used (use) the A2000 (SMG), and the 1887 as a shotgun a lot in Far Cry 3, when playing with friends in MP there. :P Just because they are a little bit more difficult. About the A200: I doubt that there will be a lot of them out there in the US. Even for musea here in Europe they are hard to find.

D.DVD
06-04-2017, 01:58 PM
Well come on now, thats basically the same as the MS16 that was in FC3 & 4...

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/2/22/Ruger_Mini-30_Tactical.jpg/500px-Ruger_Mini-30_Tactical.jpg

I mean seriously...

I shoot the mini-14 a lot on the range, and I love it. It is totally different from the M1A1 (which is called the MS16 in the game). It has the 5.56 NATO calibre instead of the 7.62, and has a little less recoil. But I guess that we won't feel the recoil in our shoulders when playing :D :D :D :D :D

It really does not matter (to me) what they throw at me, regarding weapons, as long as we are going to be exposed to great fun, and that our great MP community returns to this game as well :)

HorTyS
06-04-2017, 07:57 PM
HorTyS: seriously, it could replace the MS16. Variety...

Replacement is fine. Honestly I'd be happy for them to replace the MS16 just because it is not something I use very often, so if only to get me to try something else out of curiosity.

I shoot the mini-14 a lot on the range, and I love it. It is totally different from the M1A1 (which is called the MS16 in the game). It has the 5.56 NATO calibre instead of the 7.62, and has a little less recoil. But I guess that we won't feel the recoil in our shoulders when playing :D :D :D :D :D

It really does not matter (to me) what they throw at me, regarding weapons, as long as we are going to be exposed to great fun, and that our great MP community returns to this game as well :)

I will say all my views on what weapons I am into and what I'd like to see removed, added or replaced is all wholly based on a SP point of view. I have not been thinking about it's MP implications when making suggestions or comments....

HorTyS
06-19-2017, 08:56 AM
Haha, I'll probably get some grief for double posting, but if I just edit my last post it won't make it back to the front page and will be buried in the forums so I apologize in advance for the double post, but it was necessary I tells ya!

Anyway, I am still hoping we can get a knife for silent takedowns. It'd be cool to have something different from FC3/4's machete/ kukari longer bladed weapon and go for something a bit more setting appropriate. I was thinking a good hunting knife. Based on the setting these would be readily available almost anywhere.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/G/01/th/aplus/gerber-22-01589-bigrock-fineedge-lg.jpg

mistados
06-19-2017, 01:12 PM
The weapons seen so far, in my opinion, are pretty naff. Most are generic or pulled straight from every other FC game.

HorTyS
06-19-2017, 06:01 PM
Well we haven't seen much in the way of weapons. I mean, we've seen like 7 guns. And what do you mean exactly by generic? I mean, they're not, nor should they be really fancy or super high-tech. It should just be weapons that are realistically going to be found in modern day america, so I'd say so far they sort of fit the bill.

Gr4nt8r0dy
06-29-2017, 08:55 AM
I have an uncle from montana who did skeet shooting, so those sort of competition skeet shooting shotguns could be in the game. instead of military style sniper rifles there could be a lot of hunting rifles and stuff. it looks like from the trailer that they have lots of assault rifles and stuff, so the seem to have a military supply of weapons, maybe there will be advanced weapons later in the game, i hope we get some cool shotguns like the aa 12.

HorTyS
06-29-2017, 07:03 PM
If a competition skeet shooting shotgun was implemented in a way that it acted as the .700 nitro, I'd love that, that gun was one of the best weapons they added to FC4. An AA-12 would be awesome as well, or any high-impact, high=fire rate shotgun with a short range for that matter. I sort of wish they'd do more to embrace the M rating in these games and make the effects of the weapons a bit more devastating. I've been replaying wolfenstein the new order in preparation for the new one coming out this fall, and it's gunplay is really satisfying because you can blow off heads and stuff... An AA-12 would have that effect, like in the scene from the first Expendables movie! hahaha

scrapser
07-03-2017, 04:52 PM
I think Foxtail grass would be fun. Grab a handful of spears and throw them at the enemy as a distraction. Yes I know this sounds silly but I couldn't resist. My friends and I loved playing with this stuff as kids in Montana.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/aa/Hordeum_murinum_in_Voorhis_Ecological_Reserve%2CCa l_Poly_Pomona.jpg/220px-Hordeum_murinum_in_Voorhis_Ecological_Reserve%2CCa l_Poly_Pomona.jpg

HorTyS
07-06-2017, 02:42 AM
If I were to take such a suggestion seriously, in what way would this distraction be different than throwing rocks? Also I'd wager this grass would be both less effective and have reduced range compared to rocks. One of the few additions I enjoyed in primal was the sling. Kinda doesn't make sense to have in a modern day context but being able to use rocks offensively was a nice addition....

Canadian Beer42
07-06-2017, 05:19 PM
1. SHOTGUNS, Far Cry is desperate for a variety of shotguns

Saiga 12 Shotgun
http://modernfirearms.net/userfiles/images/shotgun/sh07/saiga_12k-1.jpg

Super 90 Shotgun, w/ and w/o the stock (not bought seperatley, just a customization)
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/6/67/Benelli_M3_Super_90_Shorty.jpg/450px-Benelli_M3_Super_90_Shorty.jpg
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/f/f3/Benellim1entry1mb.jpg/600px-Benellim1entry1mb.jpg

RAS M870 Tactical Shotgun
https://www.kotte-zeller.de/$WS/kotte-zeller-shop/websale8_shop-kotte-zeller-shop/produkte/medien/bilder/gross/44695a.jpg

2. SMGs

MPX, this gun honestly works like a charm
https://www.sigsauer.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/mpx.png

Tommy Gun
http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/scarface/images/8/87/Tommy-gun.jpg/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/2000?cb=20150617024822&path-prefix=en

P90
https://fnamerica.com/wp-content/uploads/2003/09/FN_P90_Tactical_Rotators_2-1800x900.jpg

3. ASSAULT RIFLES

SCAR-C CQC
http://www.fnherstal.com/uploads/pics/scar_h_cqc_d.jpg

Galil ACE
http://modernfirearms.net/userfiles/images/assault/as111/galil_ace_762x39.jpg

4. SIDEARMS

Walther PPK
http://www.waltherarms.com/wp-content/uploads/Walther-PPK-2246002-ls.jpg

5. SPECIAL

Crossbow
http://www.archery-manufacturer.com/rimages/crossbow/crossbow-MK-80A4AL_b.png

HorTyS
07-06-2017, 08:31 PM
1. SHOTGUNS, Far Cry is desperate for a variety of shotguns
Galil ACE
http://modernfirearms.net/userfiles/images/assault/as111/galil_ace_762x39.jpg

Definitely agree that we need another shotgun or 2. I'm glad that the pump shotgun in the footage from e3 is notably different looking. I always felt the pump shotgun in FC3/4 had an abnormally huge pump on it. It was way to big around, looked like you were holding a football on the underside of the gun. My personal vote is for them to bring back the USAS-12, that thing was BEAST!

Would LOVE to see the SCAR make it's FC debut, but the Galil ACE you're suggesting has been in FC3/4 (not opposed to it's return once again)

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/4/41/FC4-ACE-1.jpg/600px-FC4-ACE-1.jpg

scrapser
07-06-2017, 08:49 PM
If I were to take such a suggestion seriously, in what way would this distraction be different than throwing rocks? Also I'd wager this grass would be both less effective and have reduced range compared to rocks. One of the few additions I enjoyed in primal was the sling. Kinda doesn't make sense to have in a modern day context but being able to use rocks offensively was a nice addition....

It was meant as a joke.

HorTyS
07-07-2017, 01:17 AM
It was meant as a joke.

Kinda figured, which is why I started the reply the way I did...

As for weapons, I know the game will still have the boring ole' 1911, but I'm hoping most of the other pistols will be replaced. I know the .44 magnum model looks different and has a new reload animation, so that is good, but I hope we see more modern pistols. I"d love to see a pistol with a silver slide, always thought they looked pretty cool.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/50/FN49.jpg/216px-FN49.jpg

scrapser
07-07-2017, 04:30 AM
I live in NH now. Sig Sauer is in NH. I don't know much about them but heard they are the sidearm of choice amongst the Special Ops folks.

TRASH85
07-08-2017, 01:20 AM
I dont no the full name of it but the '' Anzi '' billed as the worlds biggest sniper ( 2 times bigger than any 50 cal) dont have a pic but dial up anzi sniper on utube plus i want my fnfl back from fc2

HorTyS
07-08-2017, 02:31 AM
Oooh yes, the FAL would also make another great comeback from FC2. Almost forgot that was in there.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/57/FN-FAL-50.61.jpg/500px-FN-FAL-50.61.jpg

but how would someone even carry a rifle that is 2x the size of a .50 cal? Seems improbable, especially in addition to packing 4 other weapons... I searched but don't think i found what you were talking about. I'm not much of a sniper in FC, especially silenced ones, always called them "a coward's bow" haha....

Canadian Beer42
07-08-2017, 04:34 AM
http://www.medievalengineerswiki.com/images/6/62/LargeStone.png

Be patient and aim at the skull to put in an unconscious state. Failing to do so prompts the enemy to give an alarm.

Guess I should have specified NEW weapons... not just new functionality, though thats a interesting idea to be able to knock out enemies silently.

Well it seems that a rock might be a weapon. Here - https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kM2mkWbgN3Q , at 10:34, however it could just be that he accidently pressed the d-pad to throw a rock. Idk.

TRASH85
07-08-2017, 07:50 AM
Oooh yes, the FAL would also make another great comeback from FC2. Almost forgot that was in there.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/57/FN-FAL-50.61.jpg/500px-FN-FAL-50.61.jpg

but how would someone even carry a rifle that is 2x the size of a .50 cal? Seems improbable, especially in addition to packing 4 other weapons... I searched but don't think i found what you were talking about. I'm not much of a sniper in FC, especially silenced ones, always called them "a coward's bow" haha....

anzio sniper 20 mm the cal and size are 2x ( not shot from the hip ) and as for snipers being cowards I'll. let u explain that to those guys crawling on there bellys for days thru the worst places on the planet (mostly. behind enemy lines ) all kind of fowl weafher, coward is not the word I would use for the guy who has my back........GO RECON YOURSELF GRUNT

HorTyS
07-08-2017, 10:53 PM
anzio sniper 20 mm the cal and size are 2x ( not shot from the hip ) and as for snipers being cowards I'll. let u explain that to those guys crawling on there bellys for days thru the worst places on the planet (mostly. behind enemy lines ) all kind of fowl weafher, coward is not the word I would use for the guy who has my back........GO RECON YOURSELF GRUNT

LOL, obviously I'm specifically talking about silenced snipers in the game, but if you want to deliberately misinterpret it for the purpose of being hostile go for it....

Something else I've been thinking about though is that I hope they expand on the weapon customization a bit. I don't think they need to go so in-depth as Ghost Recon or something with barrel lengths & trigger mechanisms, but being able to add other types of optics (holo sights & such) and foregrips and what not would make for a nice improvement on the currently more limited customization options.

TRASH85
07-09-2017, 09:13 PM
I'm sure they use silenced weapons in a war but will let that go for now, dart gun (fc2 ) blow dart and i really dont know any game thats in but i remember the dart gun gun being one of my favorite guns

WID992007
07-09-2017, 09:25 PM
hope they add an SKS .. i have a paratrooper model ..shoots as good as any AK in semi auto

HorTyS
07-10-2017, 03:41 AM
I'm sure they use silenced weapons in a war but will let that go for now, dart gun (fc2 ) blow dart and i really dont know any game thats in but i remember the dart gun gun being one of my favorite guns

I'm sure they do, I still don't see how that has anything to do with my statement that using a silenced sniper in FC is a method of play that I personally don't enjoy and jokingly refer to as "the coward's bow".

hope they add an SKS .. i have a paratrooper model ..shoots as good as any AK in semi auto

Maybe for visual variety's sake they could use a custom bullpup configuration!

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/2/2a/SKS-customized.jpg/500px-SKS-customized.jpg

Canadian Beer42
07-13-2017, 10:33 PM
Brass Knuckles, would explain why you can do a takedown with your fists. Cuz punching a guy three times to kill him (in some gameplay I saw) and punching a wolf to death (in some gameplay I saw) doesn't seem realistic.

https://nebula.wsimg.com/obj/QTQ0OTQ3NkQ1NUE3OTREQUIzN0I6NjFkNGI1MGY1NGY2ZjdkN2 M1NGMzYjQxMTU3ZmM4Yzc6Ojo6OjA=

HorTyS
07-14-2017, 12:08 AM
Brass Knuckles, would explain why you can do a takedown with your fists. Cuz punching a guy three times to kill him (in some gameplay I saw) and punching a wolf to death (in some gameplay I saw) doesn't seem realistic.

Considering our role of a trained law enforcement officer I'd wager it can be assumed the protagonist has gone through some basic self defense training and I've seen plenty of just low level street fights of people getting knocked out in one punch, so... I mean yeah the wolf thing is a bit absurd, but the concept of a wolf just coming up and biting you on the calf like that is equally ridiculous so some things you just sort of have to let go. Not only that but if brass knuckles were in the game I would be more annoyed we don't see our character put them on/ take them off which you'd have to do between shooting & punching and that animation requirement would slow things down which I don't want so I'm fine with knocking guys out with a 3 punch takedown personally....

Canadian Beer42
07-14-2017, 04:22 AM
Considering our role of a trained law enforcement officer I'd wager it can be assumed the protagonist has gone through some basic self defense training and I've seen plenty of just low level street fights of people getting knocked out in one punch, so... I mean yeah the wolf thing is a bit absurd, but the concept of a wolf just coming up and biting you on the calf like that is equally ridiculous so some things you just sort of have to let go. Not only that but if brass knuckles were in the game I would be more annoyed we don't see our character put them on/ take them off which you'd have to do between shooting & punching and that animation requirement would slow things down which I don't want so I'm fine with knocking guys out with a 3 punch takedown personally....

Yeah, you would have to take them on and off. But, let's just let that slide, let's pretend that we quickly put them on when using our fists and take them off when using a gun. If it really bothers you, then when you do the takedown you slap on some brass knucles real quick and then do the takedown (all in the same animation). And for when punching (pressing the melee button), the brass knucles just appear on, can only have so much realism.

HorTyS
07-14-2017, 05:53 AM
Yeah, you would have to take them on and off. But, let's just let that slide, let's pretend that we quickly put them on when using our fists and take them off when using a gun. If it really bothers you, then when you do the takedown you slap on some brass knucles real quick and then do the takedown (all in the same animation). And for when punching (pressing the melee button), the brass knucles just appear on, can only have so much realism.

That's a harder sell for me than bare knuckle takedowns....

HorTyS
07-14-2017, 06:59 PM
M137 Minigun

Only if we start screaming "AAaaahhhh" after holding the trigger for a few seconds! haha, loved that in blood dragon. The thumbnail of that video reminds me though that I hope the weapon customization in the game is expanded to include things like barrel mounted grenade launchers or shotguns. Foregrips & stuff should be able to be swapped as well instead of being on or off by default like with the STG-90...

GameGuru2017
07-14-2017, 07:29 PM
Think big, folks! Let's finish with all the enemies in one strike!https://defence.ru/assets/content/paragraph2/126734/44304/clipboard.jpg?nocache=958627

HorTyS
07-21-2017, 08:19 AM
Think big, folks! Let's finish with all the enemies in one strike!

Didn't think I would have needed a *serious replies only* condition on the thread title... smdh....

Canadian Beer42
07-21-2017, 07:14 PM
Didn't think I would have needed a *serious replies only* condition on the thread title... smdh....

The only thing is, I dont think he's joking. Probably doesn't mean he wants a nuke, but instead a smaller scale bomb to clear out towns and stuff like that. Which is really sorta dumb, cuz there's no fun in just clearing out an outpost with a bomb.

HorTyS
07-21-2017, 11:19 PM
His post literally has a picture of a nuke exploding and says "finish all enemies in one strike"... either way it was not a post I think anyone would seriously consider as a viable addition to the arsenal in the game...

Canadian Beer42
07-21-2017, 11:49 PM
His post literally has a picture of a nuke exploding and says "finish all enemies in one strike"... either way it was not a post I think anyone would seriously consider as a viable addition to the arsenal in the game...

Yeah but "finish all enemies in one strike" to what extent? All enemies in an outpost? We will never know. I don't think GameGuru is joking, I think he actually wants a bomb that can take out all enemies in a large area, like an outpost. Which is why I said what I did in my previous reply. You've seen his other posts, this guy doesn't joke.

HorTyS
07-22-2017, 04:16 AM
Yeah but "finish all enemies in one strike" to what extent? All enemies in an outpost? We will never know. I don't think GameGuru is joking, I think he actually wants a bomb that can take out all enemies in a large area, like an outpost. Which is why I said what I did in my previous reply. You've seen his other posts, this guy doesn't joke.

If none of the stuff I've seen him post is a joke then that is worse, have you seen his sasquatch thread? yeeesh..

XOMBY SL4YR
07-22-2017, 05:37 PM
I'd prefer a relatively realistic set of weapons. Not to say they can't/shouldn't go for fun ones, which they absolutely should because it's Far Cry, but if they're going to be having returning weapons, I'd hope they abandon the outlandish ones (and hopefully they also create new models and animations rather than recycle them.)

My "ideal" set of weapons, mostly based on realism with a few cool or fun ones thrown in (This includes weapons that may have already been confirmed):
Handguns

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/0/0d/BerettaM92FS.jpg/350px-BerettaM92FS.jpg
Beretta 92FS
The sidearm of the US military, and the LAPD. Pretty common with the civvies, too.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/f/fa/Colt_Detective_Special.jpg
Colt Detective Special
Sometimes smaller is better.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/f/f5/M1911Colt.jpg/350px-M1911Colt.jpg
Colt M1911A1
This gun has faithfully served patriots since 1911. God bless.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/3/3c/N-copb.jpg/400px-N-copb.jpg
COP-357 Derringer
Four shots, concealable. Useful for getting out of any sticky situation.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/8/80/Glock173rdGen.jpg/300px-Glock173rdGen.jpg
Glock 17
Probably the most common pistol in the United States, definitely among the most in the world. You'll have a hard time finding a police department or government agency that doesn't use these.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/d/d9/H%26KMk23ModwKnightsSuppressor.jpg/400px-H%26KMk23ModwKnightsSuppressor.jpg
HK Mark 23
It's a big gun, with a big magazine, and a big suppressor. Some people hate it. Some people love it. All I know is that it'll put a big hole in your head.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/e/ea/DesertEagle50AE.jpg/400px-DesertEagle50AE.jpg
IMI Desert Eagle
Hey, let's face it. You love this gun. And it's been in every Far Cry since the series began. No reason to stop that ball, right?

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/4/4e/SAA_Artillery_Cimarron.jpg/400px-SAA_Artillery_Cimarron.jpg
Single Action Army
The cowboy's six-shooter. Fan the hammer to fire it like a gatling gun.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/f/fe/Smith%26WessonModel29.jpg/400px-Smith%26WessonModel29.jpg
Smith & Wesson Model 29
"Did I fire six shots or only 5?"

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/c/c8/S%26W659_RD-MrPink.jpg/400px-S%26W659_RD-MrPink.jpg
Smith & Wesson Model 659
A gangster's pistol of the 80s and 90s, these are still cheap today, and haven't gone out of style!

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/e/e6/Taurus_4510Plyfs.jpg/400px-Taurus_4510Plyfs.jpg
Taurus 4510PLYS
It's a revolver that shoots .410 shotgun shells. What more is there to say?

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/a/a4/ThompsonCenterG2Contender.jpg/400px-ThompsonCenterG2Contender.jpg
Thompson Center Arms Contender
Don't let its size fool you, this single-shot target pistol can fire a full-sized rifle round into and through your skull faster than you can say "wow!"

Submachine-Guns

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/9/9e/FNP90Side.jpg/400px-FNP90Side.jpg
FN P90
This SMG/PDW (no one can really decide) is the quintessential body armor killer. 50 rounds of high velocity 5.7mm ammunition will destroy any vest or physical cover, which is why this gun is well loved by the Secret Service and SWAT teams all over the country.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/e/ec/MP5A3.jpg/400px-MP5A3.jpg
HK MP5A3
The staple 9mm submachine-gun of pretty much the entire world, used by police, SWAT, and military alike. Why wouldn't you use it?

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/d/de/MP7_40rdmag.jpg/450px-MP7_40rdmag.jpg
HK MP7
A PDW in a SMG sized package - a favorite of the SEALs.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/b/bd/Ingram-mac10_new.jpg/350px-Ingram-mac10_new.jpg
Ingram MAC-10
Also known as the "candidate for the most excessively large suppressor", the MAC-10 has served well in Vietnam, Kuwait, and Detroit.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/e/e8/TEC-9.jpg/250px-TEC-9.jpg
Intratec TEC-9
These little things were designed as semi-automatic pistols, can you believe it? As is well known, the weapons rarely stayed that way.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/6/62/SterlingSMG.jpg/450px-SterlingSMG.jpg
Sterling SMG
These guns ain't pretty, but they were used in Star Wars and are easy enough to steal from Canada, so why not?

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/4/4b/M1928.jpg/400px-M1928.jpg
Thompson M1928
Also known as the "Chicago Typewriter", these weapons were the favorites of gun smugglers and FBI detectives through the 1930s. The military replaced them with the more practical M1A1 Thompson during WW2, but "practical" is hardly a pressing matter when you've got a 100 round drum magazine on hand.

Rifles

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/7/71/AKMRifle.jpg/450px-AKMRifle.jpg
AKM
The good ol' Kalashnikov - more specifically, the AKM, the most common variant by far. While an AK may seem strange in a place like the United States, make no mistake, even here they're about as common as AR-15s (even if more of them are illegal.) The low cost and reliability are matched by no other select-fire rifle, which is why this rifle has been the king of the world's conflict since 1959.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/0/06/Armalite-AR18.jpg/400px-Armalite-AR18.jpg
Armalite AR-18
You may recognize this rifle from the obscure 1988 film, the Terminator. The AR-18 was one of the many competitors to the Armalite AR-15 that would later be adopted as the M16, but was unfortunate enough to lose. In the present day, however, this rifle may get a second chance to find some use.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/a/a2/Berrett_M107.jpg/451px-Berrett_M107.jpg
Barrett M107
While some will call it overkill, there really is no (American) alternative to your anti-materiel needs, or 1+ mile shots.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/f/f4/BARhunt.jpg/451px-BARhunt.jpg
Browning Automatic Rifle Safari
Despite the name, this rifle is almost entirely unrelated to the iconic B.A.R. machine gun used way back in WW1 & WW2. It's a pretty decent semi-automatic hunting rifle, however.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/c/c4/C1a1.jpg/500px-C1a1.jpg
C1A1 SLR
The Canadian variant of the well-known British L1A1 SLR. It's a semi-automatic FN FAL, which was affectionately named as the "right arm of the free world" due to its use by almost every western aligned nation during the Cold War (except by, ironically, the US itself, although it was considered.) Joseph Seed's cult, who care not for its nickname, will have no problem smuggling these rifles from across the border for their own devious uses.

This is a somewhat realistic alternative to the G3A3. An actual FN FAL would be fine, but keeping this one semi-auto only prevents having three somewhat redundant automatic 7.62 battle rifles.
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/5f/FN_SCAR-H_STD.jpg/400px-FN_SCAR-H_STD.jpg
FN SCAR-H/Mk17
Designed & built for US Special Forces, the SCAR-H is a modern battle rifle. It takes everything good about the Cold War classics (large round, accuracy/range, and good firepower) while getting rid of the bad (weight, size.) It can be taken down, assembled, and even customized with very few tools. Varying barrel lengths, and even full-on cartridge conversions are all optional.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/7/72/HKG3A3.jpg/400px-HKG3A3.jpg
HK G3A3
The Cold War staple battle rifle, used by West Germany and its modern successor. It was badass in 1957, and it's badass now.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/e/ea/HKG28.jpg/400px-HKG28.jpg
HK G28
This German designated marksman variant of the HK417 was recently selected to replace the KAC SR-25 in US Army service. Just in time for Far Cry 5...

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/a/a2/WestleyRichardsSidelock.jpg/500px-WestleyRichardsSidelock.jpg
Holland & Holland Double Rifle
Aka the ".700 Nitro" from Far Cry 4. These "elephant guns" can cost more than $50,000 a piece, with even single rounds of custom-manufactured ammunition priced at hundreds of dollars. But that doesn't stop wealthy American collectors who live continents away from any big game from buying these things.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/e/ed/ColtM4.jpg/500px-ColtM4.jpg
M4A1
The service rifle of the US Armed Forces - now also common with foreign special forces abroad and a staple of police forces here at home. While part of a series notoriously (and inaccurately) seen as unreliable compared to its Soviet counterpart, there is no doubting the M4A1's usefulness in all sorts of applications. And, most importantly, it's about as customizable as a set of Legos. If the AK is the king of rifle warfare, then the M4A1 and its parents are the princes.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/b/b9/Mauser_g98_Sniper.jpg/500px-Mauser_g98_Sniper.jpg
Mauser Karabiner 98k
Among the most common bringbacks during WW2, the Mauser 98 is an excellent bolt-action design that is still manufactured in hundreds of different rifles even to the present day. Mauser rifles were the WW2 equivalents to AK rifles in commonality, as they or their derivatives could be found in the hands of almost every military force in the world.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/1/10/M1_Garand.jpg/500px-M1_Garand.jpg
M1 Garand
The .30-06 "rifle that won WW2." As dubious as that claim may be, there is no denying the historical significance nor badassery of this iconic & powerful semi-auto. It holds 8 rounds, which isn't very many, but is more than enough for a skilled rifleman to make use of. And who can forget the iconic 'ping' sound it makes on ejecting its en bloc clip

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/8/85/RemingtonPSS700.jpg/450px-RemingtonPSS700.jpg
Remington 700
The most common bolt-action rifle in the United States, it can be chambered in a plethora of calibers.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/8/84/Remington_7615P_rifle.jpg/500px-Remington_7615P_rifle.jpg
Remington 7615P
There's no reason to include this thing other than that it's a pump-action rifle. I mean, come on, that's so awesome.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/9/98/Ruger-Mini-14.jpg/500px-Ruger-Mini-14.jpg
Ruger Mini-14
A very common and inexpensive .223 semi-automatic rifle. It's often referred to as a "ranch rifle" because it's very useful for shooting pests and varmint animals. These can also be equipped with 30 round (and even larger) magazines to make them quite deadly, pretty much equal to any semi auto AR-15.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/5c/SIG_SG_553.jpg/400px-SIG_SG_553.jpg
SIG-Sauer SG552
Swiss folk, like Americans, know how to make good guns. Their rifles have a certain quality that is unmatched by many others, and for that reason their guns have often been accepted in the US where others have not.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/a/a6/TrapdoorSpringfield1879.jpg/500px-TrapdoorSpringfield1879.jpg
Springfield Trapdoor Rifle
Adopted by the US Army & Cavalry in 1873, these (reproduction) single-shot, breech-loading rifles are powerful, reliable, and accurate. While they may not have saved General Custer at Little Big Horn (also in Montana), they may be useful to someone living over 100 years later.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/3/3d/1.Steyr_AUG_A3.jpg/450px-1.Steyr_AUG_A3.jpg
Steyr AUG A3
While the Austrian rifle may seem like an oddity, it is one of the few bullpup rifles to ever see use in the United States, used by the Border Patrol and Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE.)

The only realistic alternative to such a rifle would be the IMI Tavor series, which has been used by a few US Police departments. I've heard of a few FN F2000s being purchased on one-off occasions, but they aren't really sensible. Bullpup rifles, as cool as they are, really aren't a common sight in the US (at least not the government.)

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/1/16/Winchester1892Carbine.jpg/450px-Winchester1892Carbine.jpg
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/7/79/Model1892MaresLeg.jpg/450px-Model1892MaresLeg.jpg
Winchester Model 1892
This rifle came too late to win the west, but certainly won over the hundreds of western movies that depicted the era. There is a reason this rugged design is still manufactured to this day, and it's not just because of John Wayne.

The Mare's Leg variant of this would also be cool. Like the Winchester 1887, it could be fired and flip-cocked from a vehicle, zipline, or anything else that leaves you only one free hand.

Shotguns

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/b/b4/AA12FullAutoShotGun.jpg/400px-AA12FullAutoShotGun.jpg
Atchisson Assault-12
While there's no such thing as a "common automatic shotgun", this one comes close. And it was used in Breaking Bad, so why not?

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/3/32/M4Super90.jpg/450px-M4Super90.jpg
Benelli M4 Super 90
Aka "M1014", it's a very well made semi-automatic shotgun.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/9/9e/Franchi-SPAS12.jpg/500px-Franchi-SPAS12.jpg
Franchi SPAS-12
This gun can be set to fire in either pump-action or semi-automatic. It's no joke.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/3/3b/Remington870PoliceStd.jpg/400px-Remington870PoliceStd.jpg
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/e/e5/Rem870WP.jpg/400px-Rem870WP.jpg
Remington 870
It's the most manufactured shotgun in the world for a reason, or two: reliability, & customization. A sawed-off variant would be nice, too, pretty please.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/3/31/StevesSBS1960s.jpg/500px-StevesSBS1960s.jpg
http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/a/a5/Stevens_311_%28Sawed_Off%29.jpg/400px-Stevens_311_%28Sawed_Off%29.jpg
Stevens Double-Barreled Shotgun
Any brand works, but you really can't get away with not having these. They're so cheap. So common.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/9/97/UTS-15_Gen2.JPG/500px-UTS-15_Gen2.JPG
UTAS UTS-15
This bullpup shotgun has TWO magazine tubes. And it looks like a big box. Good enough for me.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/f/fb/Norinco_Winchester_1887.jpg/450px-Norinco_Winchester_1887.jpg
Winchester Model 1887
Ah, the good ol' flipcocker. You've seen this gun before.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/5/58/WinchesterM12Trench.jpg/450px-WinchesterM12Trench.jpg
Winchester Model 1912
While it isn't EXACTLY the Winchester 1897, this was the second most common trench gun, and was manufactured for far longer.

Machine Guns

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/c/cb/1919A6_postWW2.jpg/401px-1919A6_postWW2.jpg
Browning M1919A6
Whoever decided turning this hulking normally tripod mounted medium machine gun into something handheld was crazy. And a genius. Whatever they were, it worked.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/1/13/H%26K_M27_IAR.jpg/400px-H%26K_M27_IAR.jpg
HK M27 IAR
While it's not intrinsically a machine gun, load this gun up with a quadstack mag or even a drum and you may as well have one. It was certainly designed to be used that way.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/2/2a/Fn_m249saw_mk2_10-1-.jpg/400px-Fn_m249saw_mk2_10-1-.jpg
M249 SAW
200 rounds of hot 5.56 lead in your general direction, coming right up!

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/2/29/M60GPMG.jpg/500px-M60GPMG.jpg
M60
This gun may be called the "pig" due to its weight and tendency to spray bullets ****ing everywhere, but pigs are some of the most dangerous animals. A double meaning, perhaps?

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/4/43/MG42.jpg/400px-MG42.jpg
MG42
It may not be the most realistic, but if you can find one in the Himalayan mountains, you can find one in rural America. And that rate of fire is unchallenged by anything but a minigun.

GameGuru2018
07-22-2017, 05:41 PM
It was Irony, friends! Sad irony! So much weapons..........Do we realy need it in the game?! :nonchalance:

MikeJDRW
07-22-2017, 06:51 PM
A M-700 rifle with silencer and/or any other silenced rifle. I like to 'reach out' when I touch someone.

Also the FC4 Dart Gun was a good silent weapon as well, a fav.

Mtnsniper

XOMBY SL4YR
07-22-2017, 07:08 PM
There are 53 guns on my list. Far Cry 4 had 35. Assuming everything they include in FC5 is new, that's really not a huge leap.

MikeJDRW
07-22-2017, 07:40 PM
My CCW for the past 5 years has been a Sig P938. Night sights...love it.

HorTyS
07-22-2017, 08:50 PM
My CCW for the past 5 years has been a Sig P938. Night sights...love it.

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/8/8a/SIG-SauerP938.jpg/300px-SIG-SauerP938.jpg

Are these really as small as this one looks? There isn't a "banana for scale" but the handle/ grip on that seems very short, almost looks like a "purse pistol". Looks like a gun I wouldn't mind seeing replace the already been used 6p9 though...

MikeJDRW
07-23-2017, 03:34 AM
Yup, my palm can almost hide/hold it. Under 1 pound, and very concealable, and accurate right out of the box!

One thing I'd like to see as a weapon, as we use here in my neck-o-da-woods, and I know they use in Montana seeing that we're neighbors, how about a bear and wolf trap? In MT (and WA) they've got wolves and bear - from black to grizzly, although I'm sure the devs have a handle on the wildlife. Here/there we also have bald and golden eagles.

Don't forget chainsaws, we all have them here. Especially in our trucks/jeeps, because you can't drive offroad thinking the trail is always open. We live within a forest and trees are always going down across the road. The wind throws them down, fires, and sawers.

HorTyS
07-23-2017, 05:05 AM
I wondered about chainsaws as well but was hesitant to suggest them as a wield-able weapon. It would be really hard to buy our character just packing one around at all times, and it would need to be running to use, which would mean it was constantly making noise, so it really doesn't make sense as a melee weapon. I think I suggested it be used in some small side missions or something as a unique gameplay device in various contexts just as a sort of specific mechanic for helping locals or something. My dad was a logger for years, so to me chainsaws and logging and everything in that line of work are inherently Montanan...

Gr4nt8r0dy
08-05-2017, 09:16 AM
what about a woodsmas axe they have bats and sledge hammers right a loggers axe would fit right in with those types of things

HorTyS
08-05-2017, 06:59 PM
Oh man, I just thought of another setting appropriate weapon, what about a lasso?

http://images.wisegeek.com/cowboy-swingin-a-lasso.jpg

Could be used in multiple ways in varying contexts. Should be a fairly difficult item to be good with, but I think it'd offer a lot of fun potential. It should also be slotted to a throwable slot, so you have it on RB/R1 and can throw it whilst you have a weapon equipped but cannot throw 'nades...

There are 53 guns on my list. Far Cry 4 had 35. Assuming everything they include in FC5 is new, that's really not a huge leap.

There were many weapons in your list that have been in the games before as well though, but it contained a lot of great new ones for sure. I'm partial to the SCAR, I've been suggesting they add those to the roster since FC3. Some of your list I'd say seemed redundant, so adding all of them would be a bit unnecessary, but overall I liked most of your suggestions as well. I was curious as to what you see as the more "outlandish" ones?

Ubi-Salvenius
08-07-2017, 04:19 PM
Cattle-prod....it doesn't have to kill or stun, just something to use on Joseph whenever he attempts to preach at me.

Joseph: Something is coming...you can fee-OW!

Me: Nope but seems you can..

Joseph: But I am your father, you are my chi-OWWWW stop that!

Me: *Can't speak due to evil laughter*

:rolleyes:

Fallen-Champ
08-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Oh man, I just thought of another setting appropriate weapon, what about a lasso?

Would be cool to use in multiplayer, the humiliation of been lassoed and then gunned down.

HorTyS
08-07-2017, 06:01 PM
Would be cool to use in multiplayer, the humiliation of been lassoed and then gunned down.

HA! Right? I didn't give it too much thought, I just saw that kingsman the golden circle trailer and saw the guy using a lasso and was like, oh dang, that'd work in MT...

HorTyS
08-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Still hoping to see some improvements / additions to the pistol / sidearm selection.

MP-443 Grach

http://www.imfdb.org/images/thumb/9/9e/MP433Grach.jpg/350px-MP433Grach.jpg

Gr4nt8r0dy
08-10-2017, 11:45 PM
i thot they used to many weapons again in far cry 4 they should take some of the worst ones away and replace them with more exsiting guns i did really like that harpoon gun though becuz it made the guys go flying

HorTyS
08-11-2017, 07:08 AM
Definitely too many re-used weapon models between FC3 & 4, but so far FC5 looks to be using mostly new ones, and hopefully many more new models yet to be revealed.

Gr4nt8r0dy
08-12-2017, 04:33 AM
in another thread a guy said they shud have a mini--gun i like that but i want it to be like in blood dragon so if you shoot it for over 3 seconds your carecter screems like aaaaaaaaaahhh

Ludogator
08-12-2017, 10:49 PM
Well, I've mentioned it in my tread, but definitely M388 Davy Crockett and a handheld minigun.
I'd also love to play with some guns like:

- 20mm Anti-tank rifle:

http://modernfirearms.net/userfiles/images/sniper/sn55/ntw20_1.jpg

- Modular rifle with ability to modify on the fly:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/59/e0/ff/59e0ff020a96d93cd68b59831730fdf9.png

- Mortar:

http://img01.militaryblog.jp/usr/z/e/r/zer0zaki/__843861.JPG

- Lots of grenade launchers, short ones, long, manually loaded, semi-automatic, both as independent weapons and as attachments.

- EXPLOSIVES! lots of different grenades, dynamite, thermite grenades (yeah, I know it doesn't explode), mines...

- Crossbows - at least one really powerful, with long range, double handed and one short, single handed. Darts like arrows - explosive and incediary.

- Armored vehicles - maybe not exactly weapons, but the location makes it possible to meet tanks or armored transporters (for example bought on ebay), as well as DIY armored cars:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/PiMnDxV8teE/hqdefault.jpg

I believe, that as long as the game takes place in USA, lots of good things can happen in term of weapons. It's not a third world island or isolated country high in mountains, where AK47 is a standard tool for soldier as well as a symbol on the flag.

HorTyS
08-13-2017, 01:06 AM
I live in MT and ya don't really see a lot of armored trucks or tanks drivin' around... haha but definitely a thumbs up on the SCAR, thats the AR I most want to see added, and I've been suggesting attachments like under barrel grenade launchers as well just to give weapon customization a few more options...

Ludogator
08-20-2017, 05:43 PM
Hehe, you're right, I badly described what I mean :) and I mean there is probably far better access to welding, turning machines, mills, scrap metal sheets, rods etc. , than it could be in a country placed in Himalayas or on sealed islands. This, the fact that technicals were already present in previous games and some probable state of war in story, make all a great space for such vehicles.

Plus - it could make using .50 cal sniper rifles (and my previously proposed 20mm anti tank rifle) more reasonable if they were the only weapons able to penetrate the armor.

Other thing is with real tanks or armored vehicles, but as it is possible to buy them on ebay or other places in the internet, there is an excuse for their presence :)

About weapon proposals - one more thing got to my mind:

Gas canister and matches

This set or just the canister was already present in a few games (like GTA V, Left4Dead, Postal games). In GTA it wasn't too useful, but in Postal... as far as this game wasn't perfect, it had brilliant fire and gas canister combined with matches were one of the greatest toys even when the game was modded with hundreds of additional weapons.

When playing FC 3 and 4, I often used fire and explosions to distract enemies before the actual offensive (even on hostage missions). Canister would be useful to quietly set a large fire useful for distraction as well as restricting moving over burning area or set traps with cars covered with gas instantly catching fire when shot or in contact with some fire source.

As it would be hard to carry a canister, they could be available as a pickable item lying here and there and also as an item that can be collected from car trunks, so canister is available in deserted areas.

HorTyS
08-20-2017, 07:34 PM
Ha, it would be cool to have canisters littered about to be picked up like that. It'd be fun to be able to pour a gas trail like in GTA 5 and lead it to a vehicle or explosive barrel to have a makeshift 'fuse'. That'd be great if we are able to pour it around an outpost undetected around to the far side and light it so it causes a big distraction on the other side, stuff like that. I like the idea of somewhat "disposable" one time use weapons scattered throughout the environment, it's sort of how I assume the pitchfork will work as that seems impractical for being something we keep in our inventory.

With all the footage coming out from press & youtubers & such I started noticing that it seems enemies tend to drop both the AR-C and a 1911, so thats kind of a cool new thing that they've brought back. Enemies haven't been dropping sidearms regularly since FC2.

TRASH85
08-24-2017, 03:12 AM
worlds largest sniper rifle there it is 20mm anzio thank you sir fer dat

HorTyS
08-27-2017, 07:57 AM
Another new weapon confirmed! It looks sort of like the pistol I posted on the last page but I just saw a youtube vid that had a new pistol not yet seen (to my knowledge anyways)!!

http://i.imgur.com/gQ4I0RQm.png

Black body, silver slide, pretty sure this gun fits exactly the description of what I'd been saying I wanted! First the Mac-10 returns, now my pistol wishes are being fulfilled! If this game has a SCAR or G36 looking AR and a bad@$$ new shotgun, all my weapon desires will have been met & exceeded!

Maybe the gun nuts of the forum can provide further analysis of this new pistol and tell us what real world model it most appears to be inspired by? I think it looks like the MP443 Grach I posted a page ago in this thread, but with a silver slide.

Here's zoomed in view from a slightly different angle:

http://i.imgur.com/buM2hqUm.png

and here is the back of the weapon in better lighting:

http://i.imgur.com/uOcW9dOl.png

Screens taken from this youtube video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aETMMXi6ltU)

MikeJDRW
08-27-2017, 08:55 PM
I live in MT and ya don't really see a lot of armored trucks or tanks drivin' around... haha but definitely a thumbs up on the SCAR, thats the AR I most want to see added, and I've been suggesting attachments like under barrel grenade launchers as well just to give weapon customization a few more options...

Maybe that's why there's a diesel cab in the game. Makes up for a tank (since I don't eggpect to see elephants or rhinos in MT either) I vote for the SCAR as well.

I also like the firearm choices being discussed, as well as the loose canister idea.

HorTyS
08-28-2017, 01:59 AM
I guess one other thing I'd love to see them add would be flashbangs! Especially if paired with my idea for a slow-motion causing plant craftable, that'd be a lot of fun...

sisimo1
08-28-2017, 10:29 AM
That's not a new gun. That's just the M1911 which has been confirmed to be in the game for 3 months already.

Canadian Beer42
08-28-2017, 04:00 PM
Now I'm no gun expert but it looks a lot like the P226 from Rainbow Six. Only thing that stumps me is the magazine size difference. Mystery Far Cry 5 gun seems to have 8 bullets. While the P226 has 15 bullets. I could be close, the gun could be a different P22_ model, or he Far Cry 5 mystery gun could have magazine size upgrades.

https://www.sigsauer.com/store/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/310x303/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/P/2/P226_22_E2_standardframe_sm-F.jpg

Look at this comparison of HorTys' screenshot and this guys YouTube thumbnail.

http://i.imgur.com/buM2hqUm.png

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/Z533cfHABys/hqdefault.jpg

MikeJDRW
08-28-2017, 06:27 PM
As long as the pistol does it's job it's fine. As for the flashbangs, I like it - typical LE (law enforcement) gear.

HorTyS
08-28-2017, 06:41 PM
That's not a new gun. That's just the M1911 which has been confirmed to be in the game for 3 months already.

Well... no I think you're definitely wrong sisimo1....

THIS is the 1911:

http://i.imgur.com/6hF7GpKl.png

This, as canadian said, looks to be a P226:

http://i.imgur.com/buM2hqUl.png

Note the differences on the slides & grip especially. I'm 99.9% sure that is a new pistol.

Also notice the difference on the ejection chambers? On the 1911 it is mostly on the right side of the weapon but on this new gun it is across the entirety of the top of the slide.

1911 P226

http://i.imgur.com/NkU7Hjmm.png http://i.imgur.com/b9RmLVgm.png

Yeah, not even .01% unsure anymore, that is definitely a new pistol.

sisimo1
08-28-2017, 08:16 PM
Yeah now you mention it it definitely looks like a P226.

BTW they also updated their official website with new guns such as the MP40

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/it-it/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/game-info-weapons-mp40_298622.png

And the MBP .50

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/it-it/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/game-info-weapons-mbp50_298580.png

HorTyS
08-29-2017, 05:40 AM
Yeah now you mention it it definitely looks like a P226.

I mean, I thought it was pretty clear even in my first post about it. As to those new weapon renders, looks like all those WWII gun fanatics are getting some wishes answered. I think we've known about that MBP.50 though as it's in the deluxe edition or a pre-order bonus or something, but nice to see it with a scope. Also you forgot to post the render of the compound bow ya silly goose!

https://ubistatic19-a.akamaihd.net/resource/en-us/game/far-cry/far-cry-5/fc_weapon-compound-bow_ncsa.png

In addition I found a shot of the new pistol before it'd been picked up!

http://i.imgur.com/BZkOIO2l.png

Gr4nt8r0dy
08-30-2017, 01:56 AM
the new pistol looks quite nice indeed its about time they got some new pistols in the game they have relyed on the 1911 and 6p9 for far to long and they are till leaning on the 1911 hopefully we can customize that new pistol with a suppressor as well

MikeJDRW
08-30-2017, 05:39 PM
The 1911 is quite versitile for customization. As Gr4nt8rody mentioned I'm sure there will be a suppressor for it at least. Probably an extended mag and perhaps a scope of some sort, like a red dot. As well as custom paint/skins...Works for me.

Gr4nt8r0dy
08-30-2017, 06:35 PM
the 1911 in fc3/4 was not able to be modified by the player they had a signature version that had a red dot and silencer but players have never been able to equip the 1911 with silencers or extended mags by choice hopefully with this new pistol we can do such modifications

HorTyS
08-31-2017, 02:34 AM
the 1911 in fc3/4 was not able to be modified by the player they had a signature version that had a red dot and silencer but players have never been able to equip the 1911 with silencers or extended mags by choice hopefully with this new pistol we can do such modifications

Agreed, and hopefully they've expanded upon available modifications for all weapons, for example lazer sights for the pistols & the like...

Gr4nt8r0dy
09-02-2017, 12:47 AM
i read on the offisial website that there are slingshots in the game so that would be a cool way to throw rocks for distractions and also as a weapon like the sling in far cry primul

HorTyS
09-02-2017, 09:38 AM
HA! He ain't kiddin'! Wonder if it'll be a wrist rocket type and if there'll be things besides rocks we can shoot out of it? I know some people have used arrows out of slingshots and shot fish before....

https://i.imgur.com/Q5nWUCxl.png

HorTyS
09-02-2017, 06:31 PM
At least the weapons look real.

Which ones in the past haven't?

FerroMortem
09-03-2017, 04:27 PM
.......Handguns.......

-Glock 20 (10mm)
https://us.glock.com/products/model/g20gen4

-Smith & Wesson 686 Plus Delux (.375magnum)
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...-plus-deluxe-0
or
-Smith & Wesson 329 Delux (.44magnum)
https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearm...l-629-deluxe-0

-Tactical Solutions Pak-Lite 22/45 (.22lr) with SilencerCo Sparrow Suppressor
http://www.tacticalsol.com/2245-and-...readed-barrel#

.........Hunting/Guide Rifles.............

-Grizzly Custom Lever Action "The Backpacker SBR" .44m or .45-70
https://grizzlycustom.com/product/th...ction-package/

-Christensen Arms Ridgline (7mm08 Rem)
https://christensenarms.com/ridgeline/

-Mirage ULR (7mm-300WM)
http://www.mirageulr.com/longrangerifles.html

-Ruger Gunsight Scout (.308 or .450 Bushmaster)
http://www.ruger.com/products/gunsit...eets/6829.html

-Tactical Solutions X-Ring Rifle (.22lr) with Silencer Co Sparrow Suppressor.
http://www.tacticalsol.com/x-ring-se...th-hogue-stock

-Holland & Holland Double Rifle (.375H&H or larger caliber)
https://www.hollandandholland.com/guns/#+gun-type-double-rifle+condition-new

......Surplus Military Rifles/Modern Production equivalent's (popular with militias in the 80's-90's which there was a number of in Montana at that time)...

FN FAL
or
DSA SA58 16" Range Ready Compact Tactical Carbine"
https://www.dsarms.com/p-16767-dsa-s...arbine-v2.aspx

HK91
or
DSA PTR91 GI
http://ptr91.com/products/PTR%20G.I.?id=23

..............Shotguns..........

Remington 870 Police (12GA) Wood Stock.
https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...GA+18+BD+IC+PK

Benelli Ultra light shotgun (12GA)
http://www.benelliusa.com/ultra-light-shotgun
or
Benelli Montefeltro (12GA)
http://www.benelliusa.com/montefeltro-shotgun

H&R Pardner SB2 (10 Guage) buckshot as standard w/slugs as an option.

(Slugs and other shotshell ammo types should be interchangeable on the fly with applicable shotguns)
The option of using different chokes for shotguns would also be a welcome addition to the series.
The overall range for shotguns could also use a sizeable boost from previous titles, as could the effective lethality-damage output out to 25-50yds respectively.

..................Bows................

Hoyt Compound Bow
http://hoyt.com/compounds/bowhunting

MikeJDRW
09-05-2017, 06:38 PM
HA! He ain't kiddin'! Wonder if it'll be a wrist rocket type and if there'll be things besides rocks we can shoot out of it? I know some people have used arrows out of slingshots and shot fish before....

https://i.imgur.com/Q5nWUCxl.png

I have a slingshot that only shoots arrows; have had it for 30-40 years! It's the size of a normal slingshot, but shoots arrows and makes it easier than carrying a bow around.

Gr4nt8r0dy
09-05-2017, 11:34 PM
there is a bow already confirmed for the game so i think the slingshot will be for rocks and maybe there will be other things we can launch out of it in addition i hope that like primal the sling is simply takes the place of the rock throwing animation rather than being an slot on the weapon weel just to keep the weapon weel full of real guns

HorTyS
09-06-2017, 10:01 AM
there is a bow already confirmed for the game so i think the slingshot will be for rocks and maybe there will be other things we can launch out of it in addition i hope that like primal the sling is simply takes the place of the rock throwing animation rather than being an slot on the weapon weel just to keep the weapon weel full of real guns

I agree about hopefully the sling not being on the weapon wheel and instead just taking the place of the simple rock throw. It would open up more options without needing to switch weapons. The sling in Primal was actually pretty good to use, I used to start engagements with it because it was fast and allowed for an additional ranged option to quickly use, crossing my fingers the slingshot will operate similarly.....

Gr4nt8r0dy
11-17-2017, 02:10 AM
guess i was wrong and we can shoot arrows from the slingshot that is actually good because if the slingshot is in place of the rock throw we can still shoot arrows and have for different guns as well very cool indeed

HorTyS
11-17-2017, 08:05 AM
Oh wow, no kidding. I loves me the bow, but so long as I can shoot arrows I may swap it out for something else from time to time, so if the slingshot truly does take the rock throw's place, and I can pack 4 firearms AND the slingshot to shoot arrows from, I'll be a happier than a pig in $#!+.

jazzbrowne1
01-06-2018, 04:23 AM
Vector 45

HorTyS
01-06-2018, 11:54 AM
Vector 45

So you just wanna use a gun thats been in the last few games again?

Gr4nt8r0dy
01-12-2018, 05:24 AM
i want them to add more rifle weapons i like the g36 and acr from call of duty games but there are more assault rifles that would work as well they just need more than before because i only ever use p416 or a52 all the other ones are not as good

HorTyS
01-12-2018, 08:41 AM
Yeah it's pretty crazy that they had more handgun options than they did ARs. I think ARs are far more heavily used, so they should have the larger variety. An ACR would be sweet, I've been pushing for the SCAR but an ACR would fit the bill as well...