PDA

View Full Version : Attack VS Revenge Mode Attack

SanaMinatozaki-
05-18-2017, 05:00 PM
For weapon part 3,

It is a no brainier that revenge mode gain which gives u revenge when u block, parry or take damage has to be a positive stats. i should most likely be the max stats or no.2 positive stats.

The problem come with the below two.
Attack VS Revenge Mode Attack
Which stats should be sacrifice?
Has anyone tested it?
during revenge mode, definitely your attack will be higher than normal mode.
but how much does revenge mode attack really boost revenge attack?
Further, is Attack stats even considered during revenge mode?

Please advice

Gray360UK
05-18-2017, 05:59 PM
For weapon part 3,

It is a no brainier that revenge mode gain which gives u revenge when u block, parry or take damage has to be a positive stats. i should most likely be the max stats or no.2 positive stats.

The problem come with the below two.
Attack VS Revenge Mode Attack
Which stats should be sacrifice?
Has anyone tested it?
during revenge mode, definitely your attack will be higher than normal mode.
but how much does revenge mode attack really boost revenge attack?
Further, is Attack stats even considered during revenge mode?

Please advice

In one of the new patches I remember they said that your normal Attack and Defense stats no longer have anything to do with your Revenge Mode Attack and Defense ratings.

They are seperate things. On that item of gear, it's basically a choice, do you want to do more damage all the time or more damage in Revenge mode.

Brologna_Xeno
05-18-2017, 07:04 PM
In one of the new patches I remember they said that your normal Attack and Defense stats no longer have anything to do with your Revenge Mode Attack and Defense ratings...

Yes, but that was before the overall stat change. And still, if there is not correlation between Attack stat and REV Attack stat, the question remains:

Does negative REV Attack stat (-36% or however low it goes) bring a character's damage below their base Attack potency (whether or not that base includes Attack+ gear), or just remove the damage bonus REV would otherwise provide.

Gray360UK
05-18-2017, 07:45 PM
Does negative REV Attack stat (-36% or however low it goes) bring a character's damage below their base Attack potency (whether or not that base includes Attack+ gear), or just remove the damage bonus REV would otherwise provide.

Like I said, your normal Attack power is not related to your Revenge Attack power, that is very important.

Your base Revenge Mode Attack is set, we don't know what at, how much extra damage, but it's a set amount. -36% means you'll be doing 36% less than your base Revenge Mode Attack.

SanaMinatozaki-
05-19-2017, 02:43 AM
Like I said, your normal Attack power is not related to your Revenge Attack power, that is very important.

Your base Revenge Mode Attack is set, we don't know what at, how much extra damage, but it's a set amount. -36% means you'll be doing 36% less than your base Revenge Mode Attack.

Yea. no matter how low or negative revenge mode atk is, it will always be higher than normal attack.

So which is the better overall? which stats is more usefull? normal attack power or revenge mode attack?

Gray360UK
05-19-2017, 03:33 AM
Yea. no matter how low or negative revenge mode atk is, it will always be higher than normal attack.

So which is the better overall? which stats is more usefull? normal attack power or revenge mode attack?

How often do you get Revenge?

For me, 90% of my fights I am not in Revenge, so I want to have good attack 90% of the time. Normal Attack power is my top choice.

Revenge is only 10% of the time maybe, and then you are more powerful already because of knockdowns and unlimited Stamina and Health Shield and so on. Revenge is weaker all round than it used to be, so it won't always save you no matter what Revenge stats you have.

That's just for me. :)

SanaMinatozaki-
05-19-2017, 09:08 AM

For me, 90% of my fights I am not in Revenge, so I want to have good attack 90% of the time. Normal Attack power is my top choice.

Revenge is only 10% of the time maybe, and then you are more powerful already because of knockdowns and unlimited Stamina and Health Shield and so on. Revenge is weaker all round than it used to be, so it won't always save you no matter what Revenge stats you have.

I am going crazy again. i though with revenge gained at the highest and using revenge gain when attack feat. we should easily get into revenge mode?
That why need to know how much attack boost it really boost for revenge mode attack.

So highest stats should be revenge gained
2nd will be Attack
dump stats will be revenge attack?

Plutonium Bug
05-19-2017, 09:50 AM
I went with balanced on that on. To be honest my whole weapon Is made of balanced pieces and I am wrecking people.
All stats are + no negatives

SanaMinatozaki-
05-19-2017, 10:06 AM

Sir.

Will u go for max Attack and revenge mode gain as 2nd? or vice versa? Maybe depend on class?
For assassin, Max Attack and revenge mode gain as 2nd. (Assasin usually dodge attack and also they has revenge gain by attack feat)
For rest, Max revenge gain and attack as 2nd

For revenge mode attack, i think i agree with u to sacrifice.

Gray360UK
05-19-2017, 11:58 AM
Sir.

Will u go for max Attack and revenge mode gain as 2nd? or vice versa? Maybe depend on class?
For assassin, Max Attack and revenge mode gain as 2nd. (Assasin usually dodge attack and also they has revenge gain by attack feat)
For rest, Max revenge gain and attack as 2nd

For revenge mode attack, i think i agree with u to sacrifice.

No, for me I am max attack and 2nd Revenge Mode Attack. Revenge Gain I have lowest, and I still get Revenge fast enough when attacked by 2 or more people. Revenge seems to build faster now in my experience, and when I have it, I want it to mean something, I want my attack to be very powerful.

But I don't want to rely on Revenge. I build my characters not to only be good when I have Revenge mode.

Plutonium Bug
05-19-2017, 01:02 PM
No, for me I am max attack and 2nd Revenge Mode Attack. Revenge Gain I have lowest, and I still get Revenge fast enough when attacked by 2 or more people. Revenge seems to build faster now in my experience, and when I have it, I want it to mean something, I want my attack to be very powerful.

But I don't want to rely on Revenge. I build my characters not to only be good when I have Revenge mode.

Precisely! I build my char to be strong outside Revenge and when in revenge a bit of attack bonus and a lot more defence.

SanaMinatozaki-
05-19-2017, 03:46 PM
U must have revenge gain no matter what. 1v1 u can gain revenge fast

Gray360UK
05-19-2017, 04:11 PM
U must have revenge gain no matter what. 1v1 u can gain revenge fast

I don't advise people on how to be lame, sorry :rolleyes:

SanaMinatozaki-
05-20-2017, 07:00 AM
I don't advise people on how to be lame, sorry :rolleyes:

What do u mean by being lame? revenge mode gain is a must have.

kweassa1917
05-20-2017, 07:11 AM

But with the new gear stats, it does require some more pondering, because since the revenge gain stats are now all integrated to one, you're basically getting "max revenge gain" that would be roughly equivalent to 3 gears investment before the patch, with just 1 attack gear piece. There's a chance it could be a worthwhile investment if you're quite capable in fighting in 1vX scenarios.

SanaMinatozaki-
05-20-2017, 11:26 AM
But with the new gear stats, it does require some more pondering, because since the revenge gain stats are now all integrated to one, you're basically getting "max revenge gain" that would be roughly equivalent to 3 gears investment before the patch, with just 1 attack gear piece. There's a chance it could be a worthwhile investment if you're quite capable in fighting in 1vX scenarios.

Well said sir. What about attack vs rev mode attack? Sacrific revenge mode attack for attack is ok?

Gray360UK
05-20-2017, 12:17 PM

If you go for the Revenge stats at the expense of your Attack stat, then you're looking for a Revenge build. While it probably is easier to have a Revenge build now, because you just sacrifice one attack stat on one item of gear, like you said, I don't build for Revenge. Never have, never will. It's more tempting now I guess, but Revenge is a lot weaker than it used to be, and I would rather do max damage the rest of the time, rather than in those moments when you're very likely to die anyway because 3 people are ganking you. Like I said above, if I gain Revenge, and I still do even though it is the smallest stat on that item in my case, then I will very likely kill people because my Revenge Attack is good. However, it's also very likely that I'll kill the average person before I end up needing to rely on Revenge, because my normal Attack is extremely good ;)

Charmzzz
05-20-2017, 12:27 PM
I am playing a PK so:

Blade:
- Attack highest Stat
- Def Pen second highest Stat
- Block Dmg negative (I experienced with negative Attack and highest Stat on Block DMG, but this is not worth imo)

Hilt: 2 Builds
First build is highest on Attack, Execution Regen second highest, Revive negative
Second build is balanced Stats (for Revive orders)

Dagger: balanced Stats

I want to have good Revenge Gain and good Revenge Attack, but normal Attack should not suffer because I mostly fight without Revenge. So I think the balanced one is the best choice here.

Gray360UK
05-20-2017, 01:38 PM
I am playing a PK so:

Blade:
- Attack highest Stat
- Block Dmg negative (I experienced with negative Attack and highest Stat on Block DMG, but this is not worth imo)

First build is highest on Attack, Execution Regen second highest, Revive negative

I want to have good Revenge Gain and good Revenge Attack, but normal Attack should not suffer because I mostly fight without Revenge. So I think the balanced one is the best choice here.

Yep, good choices I think. Your build is identical to mine (Hilt I have your first build) except for the Dagger. I did ponder a balanced Dagger and I have spare items that have the balanced stat mix. So far the 'kill them before you need Revenge' approach is working well though and if I do get Revenge, heaven help them, because it's going to hurt, a lot ;)

CandleInTheDark
05-20-2017, 01:40 PM
I am playing a PK so:

Blade:
- Attack highest Stat

Careful starting posts with you're a pk main, some people don't read further >.>

Gray360UK
05-20-2017, 01:47 PM
Careful starting posts with you're a pk main, some people don't read further >.>

No no no, my dear Candle, it's okay to be a Peacekeeper these days you know. Shinobi / Centurion on the other hand .... ;)

S0Mi_xD
05-20-2017, 02:00 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ALx0aVHhjiKRxigh_NpWiVTgc8P_rWWI8ugRV_PX-o/edit#gid=819529794

take a look on Table 2.
I started kind of a guide for gears and stats, it isn't finished yet but i already answered therer about ATK/Def, Chest, Weapon 3, and Helmet.
Also i will visualize those.

S0Mi_xD
05-20-2017, 03:48 PM
No no no, my dear Candle, it's okay to be a Peacekeeper these days you know. Shinobi / Centurion on the other hand .... ;)

That sounds like being PK main is similar to be gay o.o

Gray360UK
05-20-2017, 04:25 PM
That sounds like being PK main is similar to be gay o.o

Well, certainly the hate is about the same if you think of how scared people were once upon a time to admit to being gay. Us Peacekeeper mains have been just as scared to admit we play Peacekeeper for the last 3 months, lol ;)

UbiNoty
05-21-2017, 12:06 AM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_ALx0aVHhjiKRxigh_NpWiVTgc8P_rWWI8ugRV_PX-o/edit#gid=819529794

take a look on Table 2.
I started kind of a guide for gears and stats, it isn't finished yet but i already answered therer about ATK/Def, Chest, Weapon 3, and Helmet.

Wow, that's really impressive. I can't verify the accuracy of it since I don't really even know myself, but I will applaud the time and effort you put into it.

MasterChiefPON
05-21-2017, 01:44 AM
Well, certainly the hate is about the same if you think of how scared people were once upon a time to admit to being gay. Us Peacekeeper mains have been just as scared to admit we play Peacekeeper for the last 3 months, lol ;)

Mom...Dad...I got something to tell you...

I'm a Peacekeeper.....

SanaMinatozaki-
05-21-2017, 07:08 AM

take a look on Table 2.

omg sir!! i think i am going back to you!! sacrifice attack and go for revenge mode attack.
Sir why is stamina regen useless???

SanaMinatozaki-
05-21-2017, 11:56 AM
going to go crazy!! AH!!!!!!! attack or revenge mode attack??!!!!???

Gray360UK
05-21-2017, 11:59 AM
going to go crazy!! AH!!!!!!! attack or revenge mode attack??!!!!???

I really don't get why you're struggling with this one. It's a simple black and white choice based on your personal preference. Do you like to do more damage all the time (not in Revenge) or do you like to do more damage in Revenge mode. Why not just use an item that increases both? There is no best answer, it's just what you prefer and how much you want to be a Revenge player.

CandleInTheDark
05-21-2017, 02:04 PM

It doesn't fix the ptsd man >.> ;) And yes the shinobi hate induces message and a half rants, worst I ever got off a peacekeeper was a one liner lol

Since I have mentioned it a few times, wednesday morning I beat a warden then went out to town. I came back to this, I kept the original spelling >.>

Funny tht.. stupide ubisoft removed all our stat skills an gear kits tht we workd hard fr yet adds the most spam charactrs thy can tht try to coppy a rubbish naruto so while they spam tht your sat ther in infinite spam combos til match end.. All this because new babi/babies do nt wan to learn how to play an only wan to try push off cliff complainte to ubisoft bout hw its un fair stuff we had bt we workd fr it an leanrd an gt mre bttr whn we first start why can thy nt?

(second message)

This gamme is no longer bout skill is bout hw fasst they will spam you or push you off cliff .. Thts ther only goal an ubisoft encouraged them.. They are addin rank? Funny tht.. This is rubbish..

I still have that message, I usually have gg's there but there are times my message history looks like a hall of fame of salt

S0Mi_xD
05-24-2017, 05:01 AM

Mom...Dad...I got something to tell you...

I'm a Peacekeeper.....

Haha :D that's why i love this part of the community ^^ but it's funny somehow ... if you spell PK it sounds similar as welll. "Its ok to be PK!"

omg sir!! i think i am going back to you!! sacrifice attack and go for revenge mode attack.
Sir why is stamina regen useless???
I hope the answer on you private message about attack and rev. attack did help you, i am sorry i did read this just now - i am on holidays now and can only take a look about my smartphone in this forum, for a short time. Looks like the community gave you good answers about stamina regen and stamina cost reduction :)

Wow, that's really impressive. I can't verify the accuracy of it since I don't really even know myself, but I will applaud the time and effort you put into it.

Thanks :) in first line it was just the attempt to sorte my thoughts on this topic abit. It felt like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNZSXnrbs_k

but why not sharing this with others ^^

SanaMinatozaki-
05-24-2017, 08:29 AM
Haha :D that's why i love this part of the community ^^ but it's funny somehow ... if you spell PK it sounds similar as welll. "Its ok to be PK!"

I hope the answer on you private message about attack and rev. attack did help you, i am sorry i did read this just now - i am on holidays now and can only take a look about my smartphone in this forum, for a short time. Looks like the community gave you good answers about stamina regen and stamina cost reduction :)

Thanks :) in first line it was just the attempt to sorte my thoughts on this topic abit. It felt like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNZSXnrbs_k

but why not sharing this with others ^^

Nope!!!! sir u are wrong!!! should not go for revenge build!!!
Revenge is no longer as strong as it in the past. attack and def build is better.
u make me waste steel and mats

For chest,

1) Def
2) Rev mode def
3) rev mode duration

For Weapon part 3,

1) Attack
2) Rev gain
3) Rev Attack

Charmzzz
05-24-2017, 09:35 AM
I will try out the Weapon Part 3 with high Attack, second high Revenge Attack and negative Revenge Gain as soon as I find one. Sounds good imo.

For Weapon Part 1 I have now tried high Attack with second high DefPen and another one with high DefPen and second high Attack. It "feels" like the higher DefPen is better. If you look at the percentages it is a 3% gain over a high Attack piece. Try it. :)

Edit: Oh, and I really need Stamina Cost Reduction AND Stamina Regen with all those Characters draining my Stamina. I sacrifice a whole lot of my Defense (-7.4%), but with every other build I struggle cause of being exhausted alot of times.

I am not the turtle-kind-of-player, so I have to be good at putting pressure on my opponent. Works only when I do not have to back and wait for Stamina... ;)

S0Mi_xD
05-29-2017, 06:24 AM
Nope!!!! sir u are wrong!!! should not go for revenge build!!!
Revenge is no longer as strong as it in the past. attack and def build is better.
u make me waste steel and mats

For chest,

1) Def
2) Rev mode def
3) rev mode duration

For Weapon part 3,

1) Attack
2) Rev gain
3) Rev Attack

I am sorry, that you are not happy with the suggestion that i gave you, i like it this way and a revenge build defenetly is worth with my berserker.