PDA

View Full Version : Shinobi BS kick is unblockable and undodgeable

LikeSpongeB0B
05-18-2017, 04:53 PM
Well I was playing dominion last night on over watch. We were at the area that had the trap doors on both sides and in front and back. Well the shinobi's ****ing kick should be interruptible cause all that happen was him standing on one side pulling you towards him and kicking you off or him teleporting to you and still kicking you off. His kick is to over powered. People digest that you dodge it, well sorry to burst your bubble but not all characters will be able to do that. I play the centurion and that mf can't dodge to save his life. But anyways, make the ****ing guys kick interruptible. This is bs. You give him that, the speed of flash, the never ending combos, the bleed, and the reach of ****ing scorpion. But everyone wants to complain about centurion, well the centurion has no combos and if you make his stamina cost higher no one will play him cause all of his moves involve charge. Atleast the **** is dodgeable and blockable.

Tydeelee
05-18-2017, 05:12 PM
Im blocking the right direction most times vs shinobi and he just land strikes
This shinobi is the most Bull **** character in game now

Celegos
05-18-2017, 05:52 PM
While you can't do anything about dodging the kick.. you can easily dodge right after you're kicked. I've extensively played against my friend in custom duels with his Shinobi and we're figuring out ways to counter the character. Dodging is the only viable option when kicked by a Shinobi.

LikeSpongeB0B
05-18-2017, 05:59 PM
While you can't do anything about dodging the kick.. you can easily dodge right after you're kicked. I've extensively played against my friend in custom duels with his Shinobi and we're figuring out ways to counter the character. Dodging is the only viable option when kicked by a Shinobi.

That's the thing in overmatch when you're on that small walk way with the pitfalls. You can't dodge right back. His kick is unblockable that you just have to take the fact that you're getting kicked off.

Celegos
05-18-2017, 06:05 PM
That's when you don't fight near ledges, it's not really that hard. Always fight the Shinobi out in the open away from walls or ledges. And the Centurion not having combos? Yeah. He does. Light into a guard break gives you a headbutt that does a massive amount of stamina damage. I duel with my friend that's maining Centurion now and we always have close duels and I'm afraid of getting too close or aggressive because the Centurion has so much that can punish the Shinobi. Just GB when they do the double doge and they can't get the kick off. It auto tracks. When they carthweel away, forward dash heavy catches them and punishes.

KotoKuraken
05-18-2017, 07:13 PM
That's when you don't fight near ledges, it's not really that hard.

I don't think you've ever seen half of the duel/brawl maps. Half of them are ledge central, so unless you can magically teleport yourself to a totally different map than the current ledgemap you got, you're going to get ledged

Trying to say not to stand by a ledge in a ledge intensive map is like saying you can avoid smelling fresh doughnuts in a doughnut shop

Krell80
05-18-2017, 07:36 PM
well the centurion has no combos

That's BS...but hey keep complaining!

Celegos
05-18-2017, 07:40 PM
I don't think you've ever seen half of the duel/brawl maps. Half of them are ledge central, so unless you can magically teleport yourself to a totally different map than the current ledgemap you got, you're going to get ledged

Trying to say not to stand by a ledge in a ledge intensive map is like saying you can avoid smelling fresh doughnuts in a doughnut shop

I don't tend to play brawl or duel, but I do occasionally with my friends. I tend to do Dominion/Skirmish/Elimination because those are my favorite modes. But there are areas that you can fight away from a ledge and even so, the GB tracks the Shinobi so you can easily grab and throw them off before they can get you. Unless they know the GB timing of the Centurion so.. cheers I guess?