PDA

View Full Version : I play the Cent and his kick needs changing

Vrbas1
05-18-2017, 04:21 PM
The real issue I see with his kick is in ganking scenarios in Dominion or Elimination. Fact of the matter being, I know it's supposed to be unblockable and pressuring but it can COMPLETELY and UTTERLY neglect an opponents revenge. Guy pops revenge b/c he is outnumbered? Kick away, he'll be unable to move or utilize the revenge mechanic in any way shape or form other than running away.

I have played the Cent since he released, and 1v1 or 2v2 he is quite fine. But I believe the way his kick plays out in a 4v4, revenge setting... it's too much. I'm not really sure how to fix it, but just wanted to point out the problem.

NeoStyle1337
05-18-2017, 04:24 PM
Cant is cancer and anyone who cant see tgat is delusional

Vrbas1
05-18-2017, 04:27 PM
Cant is cancer and anyone who cant see tgat is delusional

Not as a whole he is not. Like I said, the kick I think is where the majority of his imbalance comes from. Even if it is highly punishable on miss, the chain(s) that can then follow on a connected one can be very difficult to contend with. Perhaps not make everything he does stun? Like I said, not entirely sure how to "fix" it, but it's an area I can see needs tweaking.

I'm a Rep 1 Cent so, not a whole lot of time but enough for me to notice this.

SirCorrino
05-18-2017, 04:27 PM
Not just the kick, the knockdown too.

Tbh the simplest change I would like to see for the kick (and ALL CC in general) when it comes to Revenge is to make it so that Revenge activation trumps EVERY OTHER MOVE IN THE GAME. If you kick or jab someone activating revenge you should get knocked on your ***, just like when a Valkyrie tries to Sweep someone activating it. And just like people in revenge are immune to Valk's Sweep, so should anyone in revenge be immune to the knockdown from the Jab. You are already supposed to be uninterruptable in Revenge so the kick interrupting stuff is a bug they also need to fix.

Dizzy4213
05-18-2017, 04:29 PM
The kick or jab isn't the biggest problem. The main issue is his pinning attack which goes right through revenge and even Shugoki's Hyper Armour. 2 Centurions can stun-lock you indefinitely.

I know some idiot is going to comment about Warden SB spam, Long Arm spam, Sweep spam etc, but at least with those, I can still roll away sometimes. You have no chance of doing so against multiple Centurions.

https://gfycat.com/SelfreliantGoldenAfricanrockpython

Berard_Gutler
05-18-2017, 04:30 PM
And everyone who can't see that payed 40$ for the seasson pass and they don't want the 1 button smashing machine to get nerfed

Vrbas1
05-18-2017, 04:31 PM
Not just the kick, the knockdown too.

Tbh the simplest change I would like to see for the kick (and ALL CC in general) when it comes to Revenge is to make it so that Revenge activation trumps EVERY OTHER MOVE IN THE GAME. If you kick or jab someone activating revenge you should get knocked on your ***, just like when a Valkyrie tries to Sweep someone activating it. And just like people in revenge are immune to Valk's Sweep, so should anyone in revenge be immune to the knockdown from the Jab. You are already supposed to be uninterruptable in Revenge so the kick interrupting stuff is a bug they also need to fix.

This. Because right now everyone that has an unblockable knockback will spam it to high hell upon activation of Revenge b/c they know it will punch through. Very frustrating when you are "trying to stand a chance" in an outnumbered situation.

Vrbas1
05-18-2017, 04:32 PM
And everyone who can't see that payed 40$ for the seasson pass and they don't want the 1 button smashing machine to get nerfed

I paid for the Season Pass and I don't give a **** if he gets nerfed. He's got problems, and I'm not so blind as to ignore them because I'm doing well with him... same with lots of other players as well.

Jos3phhdz89
05-18-2017, 04:34 PM
Lawbringer have a similar spamming move that completely neutralizes any rival, so I don't see why people cry about centurion....

AmericanBalls
05-18-2017, 04:37 PM
I also have the season pass and have played a bit with the Centurion, he is fun. He can still be fun and viable if they bring him down a notch. I completely agree that he needs to be tweaked and he is not fine as is.

Antonioj26
05-18-2017, 04:38 PM
Lawbringer have a similar spamming move that completely neutralizes any rival, so I don't see why people cry about centurion....

Are you referring to his short range turtle like speed shove or his telegraphed snail like long arm? Totally comparable......

Hillbill79
05-18-2017, 04:40 PM
Lawbringers pancake flip does the same thing.

They do it over and over until revenge is gone.

The real issue I see with his kick is in ganking scenarios in Dominion or Elimination. Fact of the matter being, I know it's supposed to be unblockable and pressuring but it can COMPLETELY and UTTERLY neglect an opponents revenge. Guy pops revenge b/c he is outnumbered? Kick away, he'll be unable to move or utilize the revenge mechanic in any way shape or form other than running away.

I have played the Cent since he released, and 1v1 or 2v2 he is quite fine. But I believe the way his kick plays out in a 4v4, revenge setting... it's too much. I'm not really sure how to fix it, but just wanted to point out the problem.

Hillbill79
05-18-2017, 04:42 PM
I can guarantee he uses far more than one button. You need all to keep a combo going.

Vingrask
You guys are lazy, I'm convinced more and more. Ubisoft shoudn't listen lazy players.

The entire Centurion chain can be broken, and with so small HP pool, even when he manage to do a full combo we can still comeback and win.
The Centurion and Shinobi problem is that they hard punish lazy players. They obligate us to pay attention to everything and use everything.

Stop being lazy and learn to play! Learn to really play a fighting game!

Vrbas1

Because the stunlocking combo that follows the Cents is relentless lol. Yeah the Conq has his shield push and the Lawl has his shove, but there are obvious difference with what can happen next.

Bjron_Ironside
05-18-2017, 04:43 PM
Warlord is the same damn thing. Why no crying for him?

Antonioj26
05-18-2017, 04:44 PM
Warlord is the same damn thing. Why no crying for him?

Are you blind or new here? People always complain about warlord

Vrbas1
05-18-2017, 04:45 PM
You guys are lazy, I'm convinced more and more. Ubisoft shoudn't listen lazy players.

The entire Centurion chain can be broken, and with so small HP pool, even when he manage to do a full combo we can still comeback and win.
The Centurion and Shinobi problem is that they hard punish lazy players. They obligate us to pay attention to everything and use everything.

The most reliable counterplay to a pressuring Cent that I've found is back rolling. This is enough to interrupt his rhythm and gives you a chance to evaluate his play style before you're caught in the middle of it, figuring out in the moment "this guy brawls better than me" lol.

And no, we're not lazy. There are just so many mechanics in this game, they all affect each other in different ways making the game difficult to perfectly balance. If you think it's a balanced game and we should all just go home because we're lazy and suck at it then you're pretty delusional.

DuhSavagePickle
05-18-2017, 04:59 PM

100%

Vingrask
05-18-2017, 05:02 PM
The most reliable counterplay to a pressuring Cent that I've found is back rolling. This is enough to interrupt his rhythm and gives you a chance to evaluate his play style before you're caught in the middle of it, figuring out in the moment "this guy brawls better than me" lol.

And no, we're not lazy. There are just so many mechanics in this game, they all affect each other in different ways making the game difficult to perfectly balance. If you think it's a balanced game and we should all just go home because we're lazy and suck at it then you're pretty delusional.

Play against Centurion is all about pay attention to minimun details. Like how much time he charged, when I should dodge, can I interrupt it with an attack. You can trade heavies with the kicks: you get a stun, Centurion get a stagger and a heavy damage. You can light when they charge almost all moves. You can side dodge every charge and punish his low HP pool. You can dodge inside a chain when he uses an unblockable, you can cgb inside a chain, or block.

Yes, the full guaranteed combo is hard, but is up to you do not let Centurion start it, what they usually do with a parry. Every good Centurion I met rely a lot on parries to be effective, where I fooled them hard until they get confused on what to do next. One said that to me, he couldn't decide what to do next because I could respond to everything.

I'm not saying I always won. Against a good Centurion I have close fights, but exept for the stamina punish (which I'm sure Ubisoft will mess with), I have no problems with Centurion at all.

It's all about timing. It's all about pay attention.

J-HovTheKnolls
05-18-2017, 05:17 PM
IDK for me his kick gets dodged almost every time, i kicked a bot who was on a bridge and the damn thing sat like it didn't get hit and a player came behind me so i switched lock thinking the bot was tossed and it speared me 4 an execution damn Valk bot. Also almost every player i tried it never got tossed by it or dodged it and people are crying cause they don't know how to fight him and by the time the week early access is over players will know and those who didn't buy the season pass will cry even more cause they can't do as good with him. So whatever they do to him in the future it is whatever cause i won't stop using him his executions are too damn good and flashy. Also everyone wanted this turtle thing dead and now it is all about the attack so why don't you guys cry about that now.

Lyskir
05-18-2017, 05:35 PM
Play against Centurion is all about pay attention to minimun details. Like how much time he charged, when I should dodge, can I interrupt it with an attack. You can trade heavies with the kicks: you get a stun, Centurion get a stagger and a heavy damage. You can light when they charge almost all moves. You can side dodge every charge and punish his low HP pool. You can dodge inside a chain when he uses an unblockable, you can cgb inside a chain, or block.

Yes, the full guaranteed combo is hard, but is up to you do not let Centurion start it, what they usually do with a parry. Every good Centurion I met rely a lot on parries to be effective, where I fooled them hard until they get confused on what to do next. One said that to me, he couldn't decide what to do next because I could respond to everything.

I'm not saying I always won. Against a good Centurion I have close fights, but exept for the stamina punish (which I'm sure Ubisoft will mess with), I have no problems with Centurion at all.

It's all about timing. It's all about pay attention.

this

Vrbas1
05-18-2017, 06:01 PM
it doesn't need fixing or tweaking. don't use the silly think in a gank scenario xD there's your tweak.. seriously... I rarely use the kick anyway its so telegraphed and avoidable.

Ok then Apex Player, I'm glad you are everyone else.

Supercool5150
05-18-2017, 07:14 PM
I find it funny that everyone is complaining about the Cents move set but no one has mentioned that he also comes with Catapult...The last few days of Dominion has looked like a freakin meteor shower at the end of every match. Love it, even though I'll stick to my Orochi.

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 07:39 PM
well, his punch into the wall + heavy infinite combo definitely needs to be fixed. anything else is debatable. I haven't played him myself, waiting until next week but fought some Centurions in duels and 4v4s. he doesn't feel any different from other CC classes in outnumbered situations. fighting 2-3 Centurions feels the same as fighting 2-3 Valks, a Warden and Shoguki, 2 Conqs and a Warlord, whatever. Centurion just has a really good punish if he lands a charged heavy (overall damage seems like Zerkers top heavy so it doesn't bother me that much). the only real difference is that multiple centurions can jump on the same knocked down opponent. it looks funny as hell imo, and when fighting several opponents any knockdown will usually result in your death no matter if you get leap stabbed to death or if enemy Shugoki drops a charged heavy on your helpless body - the result is the same.

in my opinion, they need to patch the infinite wall combo and maybe make a delay for leaping stabs when multiple Centurions are trying to utilize it against a knocked down enemy. maybe cap it to 1 leaping stab per knockdown (which will force other centurions to go for a charged heavy instead of a leap anyway, so not sure if this will accomplish anything lol. his knockdown and leap stab are core mechanics though, wouldn't really want them to **** it up.

tcs1991.ts
05-18-2017, 08:11 PM
well, his punch into the wall + heavy infinite combo definitely needs to be fixed. anything else is debatable. I haven't played him myself, waiting until next week but fought some Centurions in duels and 4v4s. he doesn't feel any different from other CC classes in outnumbered situations. fighting 2-3 Centurions feels the same as fighting 2-3 Valks, a Warden and Shoguki, 2 Conqs and a Warlord, whatever. Centurion just has a really good punish if he lands a charged heavy (overall damage seems like Zerkers top heavy so it doesn't bother me that much). the only real difference is that multiple centurions can jump on the same knocked down opponent. it looks funny as hell imo, and when fighting several opponents any knockdown will usually result in your death no matter if you get leap stabbed to death or if enemy Shugoki drops a charged heavy on your helpless body - the result is the same.

in my opinion, they need to patch the infinite wall combo and maybe make a delay for leaping stabs when multiple Centurions are trying to utilize it against a knocked down enemy. maybe cap it to 1 leaping stab per knockdown (which will force other centurions to go for a charged heavy instead of a leap anyway, so not sure if this will accomplish anything lol. his knockdown and leap stab are core mechanics though, wouldn't really want them to **** it up.

I am sure they will fix the cent infinite the moment they fix the warden's infinite. Also, obviously this depends on gear, but I can't spam that combo. I usually run, and this is assuming the person I am playing against sucks, kick -> uncharged heavy -> uncharged jab -> light light -> uncharged heavy -> jab -> light light -> heavy.

After that I am OOS. I did that exact combo this morning an a shinobi still had 1/4 his hp left. Nothing infinite about that, and the reason I used the uncharged jabs and heavies is because it is harder to dodge or parry. If they were charged that sequence would be much shorter before going OOS.

Centurian is fine.

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 08:26 PM
UNTESTED MECHANICS INTRODUCED TO DESTROY THE COMMUNITY!!!!

1. The wall splat punish for 120 dmg from Centurion.
2. A charged heavy with infinite release possibility to prevent LEARNING parry timing.
3. When Fully charged a Heavy that guarantees...... wait for it...... ANOTHER HEAVY!!!!
4. Kick that leads into the whole combo that stuns you making parrying a VERY difficult attack to parry impossible. The kick comes out VERY fast as well.
5. Heavies that are as fast or faster than most characters lights.

Centurion:

Kick - 600ms
Side Lights - 500 / 500 / 600
Top Lights - 500 / 500 / 500
Side Heavies - 600 / 500 - Faster than Lights from most other classes.....
Charged - 1000 / 1200
Top Heavies - 600 / 600
Charged - 1000 / 1200
Jab / Charged - 700 / 1000
Zone Attack - 600
Dash Heavy - 900
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxzWHAVH-hc

This literally feels like they released a character from For Honor 2 into the 1st for honor to **** kick everyone and make them cry

I just checked my stats on the stat tracker. Im literally the smack dab in the middle of the pack average player.

i feel alienated as **** by this ****.

Divenity
05-18-2017, 08:39 PM
Not as a whole he is not. Like I said, the kick I think is where the majority of his imbalance comes from. Even if it is highly punishable on miss, the chain(s) that can then follow on a connected one can be very difficult to contend with. Perhaps not make everything he does stun? Like I said, not entirely sure how to "fix" it, but it's an area I can see needs tweaking.

I'm a Rep 1 Cent so, not a whole lot of time but enough for me to notice this.

The kick is absolutely not the worst part in 4v4, it's the pinning heavy into knockdown into leap attack combo, frekin 6 second stun whenever the hell he wants it, and it goes through revenge. **** is absolutely gamebreaking. If you are ever outnumberted and one of them is a Cent you might as well just walk away from the game, because it's straight up impossible to win.

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 08:43 PM
The kick is absolutely not the worst part in 4v4, it's the pinning heavy into knockdown into leap attack combo, frekin 6 second stun whenever the hell he wants it, and it goes through revenge. **** is absolutely gamebreaking.

This..

100% this.

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 08:46 PM
This..

100% this.

yeah, they need to tweak revenge somewhat. but you keep spamming the same post about speed on all Centurion threads and that's not even an issue.

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 08:49 PM
yeah, they need to tweak revenge somewhat. but you keep spamming the same post about speed on all Centurion threads and that's not even an issue.

you have no issue that their heavy attacks are as fast as most characters LIGHT attacks plus their huge advanced kit?

How much money IRL and silver have you invested in Cent already man?

Are you ****ing sleeping or just corrupt as ****?

Divenity
05-18-2017, 08:50 PM
yeah, they need to tweak revenge somewhat.

No, they don't, they need to make cent not get a 6s stun off landing one heavy.

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 08:53 PM
you have no issue that their heavy attacks are as fast as most characters LIGHT attacks plus their huge advanced kit?

How much money IRL and silver have you invested in Cent already man?

Are you ****ing sleeping or just corrupt as ****?

nah, I don't have season pass so still need to wait until next week. I fought against him and he seemed quite easy to play against, very linear, easily dodgable and punishable. everything is reactable. the only thing that's broken is infinite punch into a wall + heavy combo which will be patched out definitely and his attacks against revenge in 4v4. where did you get that 120 damage from though?

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 08:54 PM
No, they don't, they need to make cent not get a 6s stun off landing one heavy.

hey, it depends on the situation. it gives you a disadvantage when you're outnumbered, but the fact that his combo takes 6s to do, gives your teammates more time to interrupt him when standing on equal grounds.

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 08:55 PM
Ok well i am literally smack dab in the middle of the pack on the for honor stat tracker. Maybe a bit above mid.

I say his whole kit is a ****ing problem. So there you have it. The average player is in a RAGE about this crap ******** they released.

Im not interested in spending WEEKS waiting for them to fix **** they should have TESTED before release,...

****!

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 08:56 PM
yer ****ing ******ed man.

6 seconds to do, but hes also landing 2 heavies in the process while completely immobilizing his target.. yer on ****ing CRQACk boy!

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 08:59 PM
Ok well i am literally smack dab in the middle of the pack on the for honor stat tracker. Maybe a bit above mid.

I say his whole kit is a ****ing problem. So there you have it. The average player is in a RAGE about this crap ******** they released.

Im not interested in spending WEEKS waiting for them to fix **** they should have TESTED before release,...

****!

I didn't understand half of the things you said there, haha.

You don't have to play 4v4's then, he's quite easy to play against in 1v1, don't you agree?

But where did you get that 120 damage from, though?

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 09:02 PM
I didn't understand half of the things you said there, haha.

You don't have to play 4v4's then, he's quite easy to play against in 1v1, don't you agree?

But where did you get that 120 damage from, though?

Ok first of all **** you.

Second of all dont tell me how to play the game I paid 80 bucks for to avoid the broken **** im getting for my 80 bucks.

third I prefer duels. NOT ANY MORE. I used Dominion as my BREAK from duels.

finally the 120 dmg is a number i read on reddit. I experienced this cancer in duels with lvl 3 bots and real players. I was left with `30% health after this one combo. So the 120 sounded about right.

Divenity
05-18-2017, 09:06 PM
hey, it depends on the situation. it gives you a disadvantage when you're outnumbered, but the fact that his combo takes 6s to do, gives your teammates more time to interrupt him when standing on equal grounds.
Are you implying the 6s stun chain being interruptable is a downside? Because it's not, not in the slightest. He still locks you down until they break it, and if they don't his teammates get to kill you before it ever ends.

It.

Is.

Not.

Balanced.

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 09:07 PM
Are you implying the 6s stun chain being interruptable is a downside? Because it's not, not in the slightest. He still locks you down until they break it, and if they don't his teammates get to kill you before it ever ends.

It.

Is.

Not.

Balanced.

Not even close to balanced. Ubi didnt test this before they released it. WE are testing it now. LIVE!

Brought to you by the guys who called pre buff raider the "PK killer"

HAH

Knight.Bishop
05-18-2017, 09:08 PM
If a warlord GBs you within 500ft of a cliff, you die without being able to do anything. If a valk/conq/nobushi/lawbringer gets revenge and hits you with a shove to knock you down, you are in an infinite chain that makes you die without being able to do anything. If a shugoki gets you in a hug while there is another competent player nearby, you die without being able to do anything. If two lawbringers get the **** combo going, you die without being able to do anything.

New heroes need a reason to exist. They need to have ways to kill you also. You're just getting killed in a new way and are not used to it, so you come to the forum and whine.

Give it 6 weeks.

SetMySail4Fail
05-18-2017, 09:16 PM
The kick or jab isn't the biggest problem. The main issue is his pinning attack which goes right through revenge and even Shugoki's Hyper Armour. 2 Centurions can stun-lock you indefinitely.

I know some idiot is going to comment about Warden SB spam, Long Arm spam, Sweep spam etc, but at least with those, I can still roll away sometimes. You have no chance of doing so against multiple Centurions.

https://gfycat.com/SelfreliantGoldenAfricanrockpython

For Honor is not balanced around teamgames and thus will forever be imbalanced to those who only (or mostly) play 4vs4. Swap these two guys with a (Half-decent) Raider and a LB and you would still lose.
I have to fight more Centurions in 1vs1 but so far I don't think that they are "OP".

Shugoki/Xone/Europe

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 09:18 PM
If a warlord GBs you within 500ft of a cliff, you die without being able to do anything. If a valk/conq/nobushi/lawbringer gets revenge and hits you with a shove to knock you down, you are in an infinite chain that makes you die without being able to do anything. If a shugoki gets you in a hug while there is another competent player nearby, you die without being able to do anything. If two lawbringers get the **** combo going, you die without being able to do anything.

New heroes need a reason to exist. They need to have ways to kill you also. You're just getting killed in a new way and are not used to it, so you come to the forum and whine.

Give it 6 weeks.

this game doesnt have 6 weeks left!

Also you are a condescending dumb ****

Dont pretend this new **** isnt OP as ****..

Go watch KENZO on youtube.

He is streaming right now. He just one comboed a dude to dead in 10s flat.

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 09:19 PM

It.

Is.

Not.

Balanced.

yes, I am saying that it's a downside in certain situations. It only gives advantage in situations where you outnumber your opponent since it gives more time for your teammates to land more hits. but on equal grounds it's not really an advantage since the leap will be stopped by your teammate 50% of the time if he knows what he's doing. if his combo was 3s, that would give less time for centurion teammates to land hits, but it would also give your teammates less time to interrupt centurions combo when fighting on equal grounds. does that make sense? :D

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 09:20 PM
For Honor is not balanced around teamgames and thus will forever be imbalanced to those who only (or mostly) play 4vs4. Swap these two guys with a (Half-decent) Raider and a LB and you would still lose.
I have to fight more Centurions in 1vs1 but so far I don't think that they are "OP".

Shugoki/Xone/Europe

2. A charged heavy with infinite release possibility to prevent LEARNING parry timing.
3. When Fully charged a Heavy that guarantees...... wait for it...... ANOTHER HEAVY!!!!
4. Kick that leads into the whole combo that stuns you making parrying a VERY difficult attack to parry impossible. The kick comes out VERY fast as well.

Centurion:

Kick - 600ms
Charged - 1000 / 1200
Top Heavies - 600 / 600
Charged - 1000 / 1200
Zone Attack - 600
Dash Heavy - 900

Trust me. No fun in duels either. I spent a bunch of time working on lvl 3 bots and players. Its just not fun cause eventually you **** up and you are going for a VERY painful ride.

Anything that takes away control of your character as much as a Centurion does is game breaking for me.

Divenity
05-18-2017, 09:20 PM
For Honor is not balanced around teamgames

Theres a problem with that statement... **** like this easily can be balanced around both. Cent doesn't need his 6 second stun chain to be viable in 1v1, they could easily turn it into something else that isn't broken as ****ing hell in 4v4 and would still be just as viable in 1v1.

That only time a statement like this is a viable excuse is if balancing for the group mode would screw with balance in the 1v1, and it wouldn't.

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 09:27 PM

Centurion:

Kick - 600ms
Charged - 1000 / 1200
Top Heavies - 600 / 600
Charged - 1000 / 1200
Zone Attack - 600
Dash Heavy - 900

Trust me. No fun in duels either. I spent a bunch of time working on lvl 3 bots and players. Its just not fun cause eventually you **** up and you are going for a VERY painful ride.

Anything that takes away control of your character as much as a Centurion does is game breaking for me.

lol, again with the spam. it's time to STAHP! :D I dunno, I find him quite easy to play againast. I play assassins though, don't really like slow classes.

Divenity
05-18-2017, 09:29 PM
yes, I am saying that it's a downside in certain situations. It only gives advantage in situations where you outnumber your opponent since it gives more time for your teammates to land more hits. but on equal grounds it's not really an advantage since the leap will be stopped by your teammate 50% of the time if he knows what he's doing. if his combo was 3s, that would give less time for centurion teammates to land hits, but it would also give your teammates less time to interrupt centurions combo when fighting on equal grounds. does that make sense? :D

No, that is still not a downside, you do not understand the definition of the word.... It's an advantage for the cent when you are alone and neutral at worst when you aren't. He loses nothing being interrupted halfway through, he still got you stunned for however long it was and did damage for that duration. If he only did damage at the end I might agree with you, but he doesn't, he does damage several times over the duration... He doesn't need to complete it to be rewarded. Even if it did no damage at all I would still consider it broken in teamfights, simply being able to lock a person down for up to 6 seconds while your team smashes their face in for you is a garbage mechanic.

It has no downside. It is overpowered. It needs to be nerfed into oblivion.

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 09:31 PM
lol, again with the spam. it's time to STAHP! :D I dunno, I find him quite easy to play againast. I play assassins though, don't really like slow classes.

Im not gonna stop you little ****.

This info NEEDS to get out there..

They are having us beta test their broken garbage again and its ruined a game that is already on shaky ground.

Go look at STEAM reviews of this game

Go watch KENZO on youtube. Hes streaming RIGHT NOW. I just watched him one combo a guy to death without going OOS in less than 10 seconds!!!

Vordred
05-18-2017, 09:31 PM
i really hate that the kick has a stun, giving a character a unblockable, unparryable stun as an opener, is just plain BS.

i don't like that he can follow up with the rest of this chains even if he misses..

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 09:34 PM
No, that is still not a downside, you do not understand the definition of the word.... It's an advantage when you are alone and neutral when you aren't. He loses nothing being interrupted halfway through, he still got you stunned for however long it was and did damage for that duration. If he only did damage at the end I might agree with you, but he doesn't.

he does lose half his damage of the combo. dunno about the oblivion though, I'd still like him to be playable. I wasn't interested in any other class than assassins until this point, I'm really happy they made interesting new classes. I suppose they could make his combo faster if that's one of the most problems people are having with. maybe decrease the damage a bit but increase his health pool so it would be at least equal to other assassins.

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 09:37 PM
i really hate that the kick has a stun, giving a character a unblockable, unparryable stun as an opener, is just plain BS.

I don't like that he can follow up with the rest of this chains even if he misses..

dude, that opener sucks balls, you will barely see people using it in 1v1 a week from now. it's a free GB if you dodge it. kick is not a problem here.

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 09:41 PM
Im not gonna stop you little ****.

This info NEEDS to get out there..

They are having us beta test their broken garbage again and its ruined a game that is already on shaky ground.

Go look at STEAM reviews of this game

Go watch KENZO on youtube. Hes streaming RIGHT NOW. I just watched him one combo a guy to death without going OOS in less than 10 seconds!!!

first of all those stats seem very false, second of all - consider your objective accomplished, I don't think there's a person in this forum who haven't seen your message yet.

I don't want to watch your Kenzo on youtube, I do understand already that Centurion is a noob stomper. and I don't need to read reviews since I have 200 hours in the game and am capable of forming my own opinion. your raging really brightens my day though, lol. thanks! :D :D

tcs1991.ts
05-18-2017, 09:48 PM
No, that is still not a downside, you do not understand the definition of the word.... It's an advantage for the cent when you are alone and neutral at worst when you aren't. He loses nothing being interrupted halfway through, he still got you stunned for however long it was and did damage for that duration. If he only did damage at the end I might agree with you, but he doesn't, he does damage several times over the duration... He doesn't need to complete it to be rewarded.

You must not play a cent. You are exposed for 6 seconds. Do you know how many times I get hit with a lb long arm, or get rocked by a berzerker in the middle of an infinite combo? You are completely exposed. If you are in a 4v4 group fight and you can't stop this that is bad team gameplay.

Divenity
05-18-2017, 09:53 PM
he does lose half his damage of the combo Literally irrelevant.
He gets knocked out of the combo, it's not like getting knocked out of it opens him up for equally harsh punishment, and even if it did, it's still broken as **** when he outnumbers you. A person should have a chance when outnumbered, if even only a small chance... If cent is one of those outnumbering you, there is no chance.

dunno about the oblivion though, I'd still like him to be playable.
And he would be, he has absolutely no need for a 6 second stun to be a viable character, no one needs something that strong, no one.

You must not play a cent. You are exposed for 6 seconds. Do you know how many times I get hit with a lb long arm, or get rocked by a berzerker in the middle of an infinite combo? You are completely exposed. If you are in a 4v4 group fight and you can't stop this that is bad team gameplay.

You are also completely exposed when performing lliterally any other attack or GB, this is not a downside, that's a basic game mechanic that applies to everything. This does not justify a 6 second stun, not even slightly close.

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 09:54 PM

eyyyy, exactly my point earlier! cheers bud :D

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 10:00 PM
Literally irrelevant.
He gets knocked out of the combo, it's not like getting knocked out of it opens him up for equally harsh punishment, and even if it did, it's still broken as **** when he outnumbers you. A person should have a chance when outnumbered, if even only a small chance... If cent is one of those outnumbering you, there is no chance.

And he would be, he has absolutely no need for a 6 second stun to be a viable character, no one needs something that strong, no one.

You are also completely exposed when performing lliterally any other attack or GB, this is not a downside, that's a basic game mechanic that applies to everything. This does not justify a 6 second stun, not even slightly close.

it's not irrelevant, he misses half of his damage and gets punished for being a slow fu.ck. however I wouldn't mind if they made his combo shorter, although that would make him stronger when fighting on equal grounds. nerf the damage and increase health and you might have something that looks a bit more balanced.

tcs1991.ts
05-18-2017, 10:01 PM

The difference is with a gb you can break it and move. Attack animations are quick so you an roll away. Our 6s stun leaves us for 4 seconds of that 6 due to animations. We can EASILY be taken advantage of.

Divenity
05-18-2017, 10:10 PM
it's not irrelevant, he misses half of his damage and gets punished for being a slow fu.ck. however I wouldn't mind if they made his combo shorter, although that would make him stronger when fighting on equal grounds. nerf the damage and increase health and you might have something that looks a bit more balanced.

The damage he does with the combo is basically irrelevant in team games, what is relevant is that a any of his teammates can throw unavoidable top heavies on the person that he is stunning and kill them without any additional help.

Even if the duration was shorter, he can go straight back into it as soon as it's done, because the only thing he needs to do to start the chain is heavy you.

The biggest problem is the duration and how ****ing easy it is to pull off when the person is outnumbered.

Know how most games balance **** like this? they give it a cooldown... This **** is so strong that it could easily be a tier 4 feat.

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 10:38 PM
The damage he does with the combo is basically irrelevant in team games, what is relevant is that a any of his teammates can throw unavoidable top heavies on the person that he is stunning and kill them without any additional help.

Even if the duration was shorter, he can go straight back into it as soon as it's done, because the only thing he needs to do to start the chain is heavy you.

The biggest problem is the duration and how ****ing easy it is to pull off when the person is outnumbered.

Know how most games balance **** like this? they give it a cooldown... This **** is so strong that it could easily be a tier 4 feat.

damage is always relevant. if he gets interrupted by your teammate, it prevents his damage as well as inflicts damage on him. since he has such a low health pool it's even more relative. to be fair, any knockdown when you're outnumbered usually results in death no matter what characters opponents are using. knockdown and leap are his core mechanics, if they made it any more riskier, it wouldn't be usable in 1v1 anymore. I'm thinking what if they would make it so if your opponents centurions teammates are hitting you during the punch charge up it would cancel it [ant thus - the knockdown]. might be a reasonable balance change.