PDA

View Full Version : I-frame Invincible frames question?

TwistedSno
05-18-2017, 10:27 AM
I-frame Invincible frames question?
Does anyone know if for honor uses Invincible frame timing during all dodges like other fighting games?

If so I propose we move the i-frame timing up so that it becomes instant with the output timing of our dodges.

I think most of us are having a hard time dodging some UB moves because of noticeble output delay on moves depending on a number of connection iusses. Most of the time I can see and UB coming an I hit my dodge button only to see my hero wait a few m/s before actually moving, on my screen I can see my hero start his animation but still get hit. Sometimes it gets so bad that I actually have to guess its coming rather than reacting and consistenly dodging like I know I can.

Im on PC with green net at all times

Does anyone agree or disagree (or understand) that making I-frames instant rather than work more during middle animation on side dashes (left and right non-attack dashes) cut down on being hit by an attack while youre in startup frames for dodging because of the network delay you're actually dodging slower than your actual input timing which would mean if delay existed most players if not all will naturally have a lower susses rate of dodging period which makes dodging inconsistent across the board on PC and Console. With a lower susses rate dodging this makes UB moves that can only be defended against by dodging and non-
Parryable spam moves a big problem for a lot but not all people.

I know some of you guys have experienced one of those moments were you got pissed an yelled I fuc**** dodged that and still got hit!!!!! Wt* for honor.0

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 10:29 AM
I-frame Invincible frames question?
Does anyone know if for honor uses Invincible frame timing during all dodges like other fighting games?

Yes the game uses them thank god

kweassa1917
05-18-2017, 10:58 AM
Except I've never experienced it in the way it should be possible if it were true immunity frames -- as in, if a universal immunity exists then you should be able to dodge intp an unblockable -- except that never seems to work.

I figure there's at least some sort of modifier to ensure at least a bit of realism and logic.. like perhaps limitation of immunity according to relation between attack direction and dodge direction... or something like that.

TwistedSno
05-18-2017, 11:32 AM
I don't think its that complicated. Lets say if it takes 12 frames to dodge then frames 5-8 could be the i-frames, which would make sense as to why I'm hit by an attack during frames 1-4. When you factor in output delay or ping etc, I still may never dodge on time cause of how slow the sever or host picks up my input and turns into an output. If ubi turns frames 1-8 into i-frames we would see a world of difference in gameplay I think.

kweassa1917
05-18-2017, 11:35 AM
But that still doesn't explain why it's impossible to dodge inwards to a direct downward slash attack. If the frames were truly "immune", it'd be possible, the same way assassins or Kensei go for deflect-GB towards the opponent on attack.

Something's "conditional".

Alustar.
05-18-2017, 11:46 AM
It's not true invulnerability, case and point when I tried to replicate a deflect I mistook for one on an unblockable. Likely what happened is I deflected another attack but still at the kensei overhead but I'll never know, I didn't save that vid.

Never the less I attempted to dodge into the UB for about an hour and a half and ate every single one. If there were standard iframes like in dark souls, I'd have not gotten touched.

kweassa1917
05-18-2017, 11:48 AM
That's my take as well. It's not true immunity, but rather conditional upon stuff like attack direction and etc.. like, the reason I find it easier to dodge along the Valk sweep, rather than against it's arc direction... or similarly, it's easier to dodge LEFT the Cent's uppercut move, rather than right.

Alustar.
05-18-2017, 12:01 PM
And how you never dodge away from kensei side swipes

TwistedSno
05-18-2017, 12:27 PM
If you're dodging forward another logic should apply I'll think more on it an get back to you

TwistedSno
05-18-2017, 12:45 PM
I don't think you should have i frames during forward dashes. It would aid offensive moves more than its intended use as a defensive maneuver.

kweassa1917
05-18-2017, 12:53 PM
The thing is, we just don't have enough info to "deepen" our knowledge of the game.

TwistedSno
05-18-2017, 12:54 PM
And how you never dodge away from kensei side swipes

When I'm playing as kensei and I use a side hevy while the other person is in mid dodge animation Im always shocked that my attack hits but that goes back to my point that I-frames may need a looking into.

TwistedSno
05-18-2017, 01:01 PM
The thing is, we just don't have enough info to "deepen" our knowledge of the game.

True we need more specs on the game inorder to help with suggestions.

TwistedSno
05-18-2017, 01:38 PM
Does anyone agree or disagree (or understand) that making I-frames instant rather than work more during middle animation on side dashes (left and right non-attack dashes) cut down on being hit by an attack while youre in startup frames for dodging because of the network delay you're actually dodging slower than your actual input timing which would mean if delay existed most players if not all will naturally have a lower susses rate of dodging period which makes dodging inconsistent across the board on PC and Console. With a lower susses rate dodging this makes UB moves that can only be defended against by dodging and non-
Parryable spam moves a big problem for a lot but not all people.

I know some of you guys have experienced one of those moments were you got pissed an yelled I fuc**** dodged that and still got hit!!!!! Wt* for honor.0