PDA

View Full Version : Centurion is a turtle maker.

Nativ_Toola
05-18-2017, 10:03 AM
I read somewhere that the centurion is a turtle breaker but, for me, is more a turtle maker, i mean, With one parry, he can take half of my life (parry, heavy, puch, heavy on ground) and that independently if he parry a light or a heavy, the result is the same, so in result that make me totally turtle and just dodge and parry and wait for him to do something...

One heavy after a parry is logical, two is too much..

Mia.Nora
05-18-2017, 10:41 AM
That is even before below situations;

1. He GB you near a wall, you will lose control of your character for the entire duration of his charged heavy>jab infinite until he runs out of stamina. By the way from full stamina he kills a conqueror that way from %100 (personal experience).

2. Because of #1 you cant risk attacking him near a wall as he may parry > GB > #1

3. If he parries/GB you when you are roughly 1/2 stamina his GB > Light Light makes you OOS and he then throws you on ground during SAME GB chain and lunges on the ground. After that you lost 1/2 HP, OOS and he is standing on top of you with almost full stamina.

There is absolutely no way he is a turtle meta destroyer, he forces people to turtle because noone punishes with parry/GB harder then him with the exception of WL carrying you to ledges.

CeIasun
05-18-2017, 10:45 AM
I read somewhere that the centurion is a turtle breaker but, for me, is more a turtle maker, i mean, With one parry, he can take half of my life (parry, heavy, puch, heavy on ground) and that independently if he parry a light or a heavy, the result is the same, so in result that make me totally turtle and just dodge and parry and wait for him to do something...

So far I noticed they are not all like that, but I start to see a lot more Centurions that hide in a cornor near a wall and Turtle. Kinda disapointing how people play.

Netcode_err_404
05-18-2017, 10:51 AM
Infact.

But as lonmg as parries guarantee free damage ( or comboes in that case), this hame won't be balanced.

mathi4s
05-18-2017, 11:49 AM

The punch is called the jab and he can do either a charged jab which throws you on the ground but should be evadeable or a jab that throws you on a wall. If he throws you on the wall he can go for another heavy and then jab again. I never managed to jab someone in the same wall twice in one combo. It seems impossible but I could be wrong. But if he did a charged jab then you should be able to evade it similarly to the mixup after shove the lawbringer has which I HATE! but oh well. It should be reactable.

dekot11
05-18-2017, 05:22 PM
People are starting to learn how to play him and the better players are just starting to wait on the parry.

Netcode_err_404
05-18-2017, 06:00 PM
People are starting to learn how to play him and the better players are just starting to wait on the parry.

Who would have imagined LOL

Vingrask
05-18-2017, 06:04 PM
I just love how some Centurions are parry dependent. It makes my life easy when I feint and punish their little HP pool.