PDA

View Full Version : Solo sweeping and using your squad for the recon work.

SourD41
05-18-2017, 09:07 AM
Basic video showing how I normally operate, I try not to use the drone as it makes it far too easy. Therefore I try to position my team in positions I know they can stay safe but still provide recon. Does anybody know how far away the squad can be from tangos to provide recon?

I am not the best on this game I know this, I am fairly new to it this being my first ghost recon I have played so any tips from a tactical point of view are very welcome. I will eventually remove the full hud (right now I only use the radar) and will advance onto extreme difficulty once I have learned how to handle myself abit more sufficiently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnAzk9JD7ok
Thanks for watching guys!

-Sour

Paranoimia
05-18-2017, 12:04 PM
Nicely done.

UbiPhobos
05-19-2017, 02:53 AM
Hey - this is great, SourD!

Welcome to the Wildlands! Looking forward to seeing how you progress through the game. I'm sure many of our community members would love to share some of their tactics with you, also!

SourD41
05-19-2017, 05:28 AM
Thanks for the comments guys I look forward to advancing in the game and showing off new strategies and tactics!

biomag83
05-19-2017, 07:35 AM
There are some misconceptions. Your squad doesn't provide overwatch. Sadly the squad AI is quite useless in this game and pretty much immersion breaking in every way possible.

Your squad CAN NOT be spotted while following you, unless you are detected (same goes for random rebel support - not those you liberate from cages as they immediately start going for tangos). As soon as you give them another order they can. Their main mean of taking enemies down is by using sync shot - they don't neeed a line of sight, but have a hard time targeting people in buildings. The other option is to give them the 'fire' order, which makes them extremely effective in taking down enemies. You might not even be able to keep up.

The other thing is, the recon you are getting from them is also not based on a real line of sight. They will be spotting your enemies even when they are following you and they are doing it randomly.

So if you want to get more out of the experience turn off the enemy markers and use the drone. Enemy markers and dection clouds on the minimap can be nearly considered as a cheat since they help immensly. It reached a point where I was looking more on the minimap than on the screen. You don't even have to look too closely since the circle even shows if you have a line of sight on them or they are behind cover. On the other hand, without drone you can't even plan your approach since you won't know the area of operation.

Have fun with the game :)