PDA

View Full Version : Please dont ruin the centurion

Mudflaaaps
05-18-2017, 07:22 AM
Obviously this guy is a total tank, no-one could deny that fairly.
But he's no better than warlord or lawbringer, who both have a very similar moveset, ie. Unblockable stun-hit-unblockable stun-hit combos.
People are whinging about him because he's new and they don't understand how to fight him, but as a centurion player (with a very good ratio across the board) I've lost plenty of times, especially in duel. He's not totally unstoppable, do not nerf him and give the power back to warnerds and lawlosers.

Ryaz
05-18-2017, 07:27 AM
Dominion in unplayable atm due centurion spam, it will be nerfed.

Knight_Raime
05-18-2017, 08:09 AM
He's going to get nerfed. as well as shinobi. no hero is safe from being nerfed. regardless if they deserve it or not. Devs really only look into W/L. That being said due to how his kit is designed it would be pretty hard for them to ruin him. he's not shallow like conq and has quite a bit of options. My only hope is that they wait till the whole world gets access and give that a week or 2 before doing anything to either him or shinobi.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 08:25 AM
Nevermind.

I take back everything I said about the Centurian being balanced. If nerfing him upsets Flaaps I am all for it.

Nerf him into the ground.

Take away the broom from his helmet

Take his sword away too.

SnugglesIV
05-18-2017, 08:26 AM

By introducing a hero limit. Bam. Problem solved.

Herbstlicht
05-18-2017, 08:26 AM
Well, for all the people that really fear a nerf: I think those new heros give us some new game direction. More 50/50's, more counter-gameplay, less defence focus. That is not bad in the end. Their attacks are freakish fast (see frame data) and especially centurion can decide the outcome of a fight rather soon.
The only thing that maybe is broken in numbers are wallsplat (120 damage combo) and the amount of stamina drain on some moves. I mean it is possible fine in a 1on1 enviroment, but as people keep saying: Centurion is wreaking havoc in dominion matches.

When it comes for the Shinobi, stats and w/l might be rather different, especially due to teamgames. He is very squishy, so will die a lot. Many feats oneshot him. 2on1 a Shinobi too is almost a sure death sentence for the Shinobi. So we really needa wait and see.

If it comes to a slight number tweek for Centurion in regard to stamina drain and reactability to one of the moves in his wallsplat, he won't at least be ruined right away. I guess. :)

Herbstlicht
05-18-2017, 08:29 AM

Hero limit?

No, would suck. If a team wants to go for something, let them do so. Allow all viable strategies. Allow all cheese and stuff. Because if it really gets abused, it is going to get fixed.
People leave matches soon enough already. Imagine you only main 1 class for example and are forced to play something different in 3 of 4 games because your class is the fotm right now?

Alt+F4?

CaynAldan
05-18-2017, 09:56 AM
It's too soon to wrote nothing on stone but Shinobi seems to be fine, maybe (only maybe) a bit too squishy. Centurion seems a bit OP, but i only test it consistently against bots. In fact shinobi IA looks a bit dumb, isn't it?

I need to see a shinobi in good player hands to make a good opinion, but centurion combos seems a bit overwhelming. Too damage, stun, and stamina drain in the same combo. Reaction windows are too narrow for so high punish, but he only need a little tweak.

I found it less op than i have waited, i think they are a good job, just need a little adjusment what is normal.

But these are impresions from bot fight,

The_B0G_
05-18-2017, 02:38 PM
He has too many unblockable moves in my opinion, they don't even need combos like most other heros.

Thasnatos
05-18-2017, 02:58 PM
He has too many unblockable moves in my opinion, they don't even need combos like most other heros.

I'm pretty sure that you didn't even look at his moveset or play him when you post this comment. You said he has too many unblockable that doesn't even need to combo it ? The only unblockable that doesn't need a chain is his kick which deals 0 damage and can be easily dodge.
he only has 3-4 unblockables 3 of them has to start a chain.
1) his 3rd heavy after 2 light attacks ( It has to be charge to fully )
2 ) his 2nd heavy after a heavy chain combo ( and it has to be charge like the (1) one )
3 ) his Jab which is a punch after a "Charged heavy HIT" and it deals ..... ZERO DAMAGE ( it doesn't make any sense )
In my opinion Centurion is really weak in competitive plays his move is punishable any of his move has really high recovery time. You just need to dodge his Kick and it open for you a free GB to punish him. He has no 50/50 like warden/shinobi once he uses the kick he'll standing there like an idiot waiting for you to kill him.

I wish Centurion can get some damage from his kick,punch, etc. it makes more sense. In real life you punch the **** out of someone knock them down and they didn't feel anything ?
Edit : i know there's a perk for him to deal damage from kick,Punch. But in 1v1 you can't use or have feats so make that feat into his moveset and replace it with something else plz.

Ggshadow
05-18-2017, 03:10 PM
The only unblockable that doesn't need a chain is his kick which deals 0 damage and can be easily dodge.

I wish Centurion can get some damager from his kick,punch, etc. it makes more sense. In real life you punch the **** out of someone knock them down and they didn't feel anything ?

The kick drain all of your stamia...

Only 3-4 imblocable??????? He IS THE UNIQUE HERO WHO HAVE 4 imblocable. ....

Wish damage on kick? Do you want a one shot ability too lol

Antonioj26
05-18-2017, 03:16 PM
But he's no better than warlord or lawbringer, who both have a very similar moveset, ie. Unblockable stun-hit-unblockable stun-hit combos.
People are whinging about him because he's new and they don't understand how to fight him, but as a centurion player (with a very good ratio across the board) I've lost plenty of times, especially in duel. He's not totally unstoppable, do not nerf him and give the power back to warnerds and lawlosers.

Warlosers and lawnerds would have made way more sense.

Antonioj26
05-18-2017, 03:20 PM
I wish Centurion can get some damager from his kick,punch, etc. it makes more sense. In real life you punch the **** out of someone knock them down and they didn't feel anything ?
Edit : i know there's a perk for him to deal damage from kick,Punch. But in 1v1 you can't use or have feats so make that feat into his moveset and replace it with something else plz.

This is a dumb argument, if I shoulder check you, if I bash you with a shield, if I head butt you, if I shove you with a large pole arm you will get hurt in real life but not in the game. Arguing real life doesn't make any sense, besides you get a guaranteed heavy after kick so you do get damage.

ArcheDemonm
05-18-2017, 03:21 PM
I'm pretty sure that you didn't even look at his moveset or play him when you post this comment. You said he has too many unblockable that doesn't even need to combo it ? The only unblockable that doesn't need a chain is his kick which deals 0 damage and can be easily dodge.
2 ) his 2nd heavy after a heavy chain combo ( and it has to be charge like the (1) one )
3 ) his Jab which is a punch after a "Charged heavy HIT" and it deals ..... ZERO DAMAGE ( it doesn't make any sense )
In my opinion Centurion is really weak in competitive plays his move is punishable any of his move has really high recovery time. You just need to dodge his Kick and it open for you a free GB to punish him. He has no 50/50 like warden/shinobi once he uses the kick he'll standing there like an idiot waiting for you to kill him.

You should go and make a tomography, man. Brain tumor is no joke.

Antonioj26
05-18-2017, 03:21 PM

You gotta let me spar with you by the way I haven't got many centurions in random duel and I want to practice against him more

xSov3r3igNx
05-18-2017, 03:31 PM

Who are you to decide? There is no problem with Centurion. People are just dumb....that is the truth. He can get countered hard! The only difference is that if you are all about GB and nothing he will punish you for it if you play him right and keep distance. Him being a tank? dunno i seen them get 3 shottted by orochi so their HP pool is not even close to warlord or LB. What's really ruining the game is the community..they can't seem to figure out what they want...This op that op, then too much of a nerf...For real people just don't run out of things to complain about...

Morpheus256
05-18-2017, 03:49 PM
Centurions charged punch is confirmed after a charged heavy. That's it. All other unblockables can be dodged and punished.

Lyskir
05-18-2017, 03:51 PM
Who are you to decide? There is no problem with Centurion. People are just dumb....that is the truth. He can get countered hard! The only difference is that if you are all about GB and nothing he will punish you for it if you play him right and keep distance. Him being a tank? dunno i seen them get 3 shottted by orochi so their HP pool is not even close to warlord or LB. What's really ruining the game is the community..they can't seem to figure out what they want...This op that op, then too much of a nerf...For real people just don't run out of things to complain about...

100% this

Antonioj26
05-18-2017, 03:53 PM
I'm not going to say he's over power in 4s but he's my top priority when in a team fight because if that guy is left unchecked he will absolutely decimate anyone who isn't looking out for him

DuhSavagePickle
05-18-2017, 03:56 PM

I don't believe he's a tank, he only has alittle over 4 bars of health (Less than all the assassins not counting shinobi)

And as for him being called "over powered" by the masses, it's simply because they haven't learned how to play against him and are complaining for nerfs because lack of skill.

I played duel/brawl with my centurion and won just as much as I lost. He's not broken, he just has a certain way to be fought against.

Antonioj26
05-18-2017, 04:03 PM
He's meant to counter turtles so I think the best thing to do is keep him at a distance and play the offensive game with him

The_B0G_
05-18-2017, 04:05 PM

I wish Centurion can get some damage from his kick,punch, etc. it makes more sense. In real life you punch the **** out of someone knock them down and they didn't feel anything ?

I haven't played him because I didn't waste my money on the season pass. I didn't see him combo list but if he hits you with the jumping charge you are stuck in a vortex of unblockables, you get stamina drained very quickly and there is nothing you can do. He has too many unblockables to spam.

I switched to kensei from my LB and Cent is punishable, but with LB the dodge doesn't cover enough distance and the cent's tracking usually still hits him or grabs him.

tcs1991.ts
05-18-2017, 04:19 PM
I haven't played him because I didn't waste my money on the season pass. I didn't see him combo list but if he hits you with the jumping charge you are stuck in a vortex of unblockables, you get stamina drained very quickly and there is nothing you can do. He has too many unblockables to spam.

I switched to kensei from my LB and Cent is punishable, but with LB the dodge doesn't cover enough distance and the cent's tracking usually still hits him or grabs him.

The jab after the jumping charge is only a stun. You can still disengage. You can dodge left or right or backwards. The charged jab is dodgable. His kick is dodgable.

You just haven't learned enough yet to punish.

ArcheDemonm
05-18-2017, 04:30 PM
you are just not using it right. Wall gb is 75 dmg for centurion. Above this combo is only valc with 85 but she requires you to be out of stamina. Not to mention tahat centurion has the second longest engagement range in roster, behind only a shinoby.

This NOT including the actual 50\50 mixups that come with jab. Which is just as dodgeble uncharged as a early headbutt was.

Captain-Courage
05-18-2017, 04:39 PM

Impossible to do since you choose your Hero after the matchmaking has paired you with other players, so the hero choice is not taken in account by the matchmaking.

Imagine the uproar from the community if they put a "first arrived, first served" when it comes to hero choice in the lobby.

Knight_Gregor
05-18-2017, 04:46 PM
Impossible to do since you choose your Hero after the matchmaking has paired you with other players, so the hero choice is not taken in account by the matchmaking.

Imagine the uproar from the community if they put a "first arrived, first served" when it comes to hero choice in the lobby.

A draft order (similar to most MOBA's) would need to be implemented. And then give the option to toggle whether or not you join matches in progress. Not saying I'm for it or against it. Just that it isn't impossible.

Gensui.Musashi
05-18-2017, 05:07 PM
Hero limit?

No, would suck. If a team wants to go for something, let them do so. Allow all viable strategies. Allow all cheese and stuff. Because if it really gets abused, it is going to get fixed.
People leave matches soon enough already. Imagine you only main 1 class for example and are forced to play something different in 3 of 4 games because your class is the fotm right now?

Alt+F4?

well if every player could choose his hero before matchmaking, everybody would be happy. you will only join matches where you can play your hero. problem solved.

J-HovTheKnolls
05-18-2017, 05:41 PM
[QUOTE=Mudflaaaps;12646712]Obviously this guy is a total tank, no-one could deny that fairly.
People are whinging about him because he's new and they don't understand how to fight him, but as a centurion player (with a very good ratio across the board) I've lost plenty of times, especially in duel. He's not totally unstoppable, do not nerf him and give the power back to warnerds and lawlosers.[/QUO

Yeah i am sure they won't do nothing to him all the cry babies are out in force cause they can't use him yet and don't know how to beat him yet, you can hope guy but it won't make it come true. I could careless what they do to him as long as they don't do what they did to Shiboiken and just wipe a move from him and leave it in the advanced tutorial i will be happy.

Ggshadow
05-18-2017, 06:19 PM
I totally agree. but not hopeful said as a cent main

As a cent main* lol

Epoqx
05-18-2017, 06:21 PM
rep 3 cent here.

I faught some 1v1's, 2v2's and 4v4's.

- He has multiple openers, but EACH one of them can be dodged for the unblockable, with a huge window for you to GB, or parried for the attacks.
- He is extremely weak against assassin, as each one of his moves, except ZA and lights are frontal and linear moves. It means that a simple side dodge attack hit 100% of the time if u time it correctly (And again, easy GB too, except vs his kick which can be followed up with a heavy)
- Super short range, i mean, really super short, probably the shortest in the game right now.
- Awfull mobility, except with the kick.
- Super slow guard stance speed, prob as much as LB, nobushi... So fast attacks are still a pain in the ***.
- If he hits you with a charged heavy, he got a free follow up with charged punch + ground punish. Uncharged heavies can be blocked, same goes for lights.
- His lights are at the same speed, except for the 3rd one. So the second one is easily parriable.
- He has the 2nd slowest health pool in the game, after the shinobi. So any punish hits HARD.

A lot of his mix ups aren't real 50/50's, so dodging in the middle of a combo (except wall combo which is pretty strong), can give u good chances to escape.

As long as you don't get out of stamina, you can outplay him as equal chances. If you are OOS, you are dead (That's his specificity).

Play with distance and dodges, and always keep your stamina up.

teksuo1
05-18-2017, 06:39 PM
his guard stance change is so slow it feels bugged. you just rotate your right stick slow and steady and it'll skip some stances here and there.

Haven't got into a match yet , was just testing out stuff against lvl 0 bot and the guard stance change speed alone turned me off big time.

Antonioj26
05-18-2017, 06:43 PM
rep 3 cent here.

I faught some 1v1's, 2v2's and 4v4's.

- He has multiple openers, but EACH one of them can be dodged for the unblockable, with a huge window for you to GB, or parried for the attacks.
- He is extremely weak against assassin, as each one of his moves, except ZA and lights are frontal and linear moves. It means that a simple side dodge attack hit 100% of the time if u time it correctly (And again, easy GB too, except vs his kick which can be followed up with a heavy)
- Super short range, i mean, really super short, probably the shortest in the game right now.
- Awfull mobility, except with the kick.
- Super slow guard stance speed, prob as much as LB, nobushi... So fast attacks are still a pain in the ***.
- If he hits you with a charged heavy, he got a free follow up with charged punch + ground punish. Uncharged heavies can be blocked, same goes for lights.
- His lights are at the same speed, except for the 3rd one. So the second one is easily parriable.
- He has the 2nd slowest health pool in the game, after the shinobi. So any punish hits HARD.

A lot of his mix ups aren't real 50/50's, so dodging in the middle of a combo (except wall combo which is pretty strong), can give u good chances to escape.

As long as you don't get out of stamina, you can outplay him as equal chances. If you are OOS, you are dead (That's his specificity).

Play with distance and dodges, and always keep your stamina up.

-his lights are as fast as pks and he his kick is only 600ms so his openers are great

-only dummies get hit with the free parry bait that is dodge attacks

-range doesn't stop warlord or pk from being the best classes in the game

-mobility looks to be average

-guard stance does seem a bit on the lower side but not sure exactly where he sits there

-all of his lights are 500ms and if those are easy to parry then no one should be complain about pk or valk light spam

-2nd smallest health pool, I'll have to give you that

Not having true 50/50s doesn't stop them from being great mixups. After the kick he has a ton of options.

1. Guaranteed damage
2. Charged heavy unblockable
3. Feint a charged heavy to bait a dodge for a go
4. Feint a charged heavy to bait a parry.

And that's just the kick.

We really do have to stop pretending like this is an excellent character. He's easily better than the majority of the cast, the only ones that you can even argue are the same or better are PK, warlord, and warden. Those are his only real contenders and I'm still not certain where shin falls but he's definitely up there too if people aren't dumb enough to use his long range attacks.

UbiNoty
05-19-2017, 12:47 AM
We won't rush into any changes until we've had some time to get a decent amount of feedback and gone over the data. Like I've said before, just keeping watch for now and in 2-3 weeks we'll be able to make a more informed decision if any changes need to be made.

SirCorrino
05-19-2017, 01:06 AM
We won't rush into any changes until we've had some time to get a decent amount of feedback and gone over the data. Like I've said before, just keeping watch for now and in 2-3 weeks we'll be able to make a more informed decision if any changes need to be made.

I just find it strange that Centurion is better at Disabling than any of the characters that are supposed to be the Disablers. . . He really needs a nerf to his CC, or the other Disablers need a massive CC buff (which would be terrible for the game, so go with option 1).

Mudflaaaps
05-19-2017, 02:51 AM
I hope not. I hope the devs realise that the people whining about the centurion are all warlord, shugoki or lawbringer players who also all have guaranteed damage and annoying combos, they're just upset because their main isn't the best in the game anymore.

Mudflaaaps
05-19-2017, 02:54 AM
Yeah he's better than the majority of the other characters, but in all fairness mate you use shugoki warlord and lawbringer, 3 characters who are the top 3 and have endless unblockables (lawbringers is still worse than centurions).

Centurion falls in top tier sure, but he's not in any way the absolute monster people are calling him. He's totally fine how he is.

Sir_rage_quit
05-19-2017, 03:02 AM

i hope so ! 4v4 is pur **** with offence meta right now ( i played cent to rep 3 and im all for a nerf ) in my opinion they put everything the community hated in those 2 new classe

The_B0G_
05-19-2017, 03:04 AM
Yeah he's better than the majority of the other characters, but in all fairness mate you use shugoki warlord and lawbringer, 3 characters who are the top 3 and have endless unblockables (lawbringers is still worse than centurions).

Centurion falls in top tier sure, but he's not in any way the absolute monster people are calling him. He's totally fine how he is.

His vortex is by FAR the most powerful in the game, he has too many unblockables. You start getting hit and it never stops until you are dead. They need to jack up the stamina uses for all of them.

Sir_rage_quit
05-19-2017, 03:08 AM

then people will honor my name because they dont play the classse they wanted to play