PDA

View Full Version : Centurion Counter play? There is none. Once the stab is in.. GG

Duuklah
05-17-2017, 10:32 PM
So after the Centurion lands the stab the uppercut knockdown into pounce seems unstoppable. This is HUGE dmg and I dont see the counter play to it.

Once the stab lands its just like you are along for the ride.

Ive been practicing A LOT with lvl 3 bots. I'm using a zerker and Im at about 50/50 right now. The main issue is once that stab lands you are just locked into place and taking like 90 dmg..

Where is the counter play? I cant move or dodge or do anything once that stab is in. Uppercut into pounce into one pissed off player.

Can someone make a video of exactly how to counter this series of moves once the stab is in please?!!!!!!!!

Since you all are so quick to defend the Cent as not OP.. Show me a video of how to counter once the stab is in. My bet is that once that stab is in you are eating the uppercut and the pounce for HUGE HUGE dmg...

**** man. I want this game to be good so badly.....

pancakerz
05-17-2017, 10:45 PM
plus after that damage, you have no stamina as well, iirc. Haven't played much against centurion's yet so I could be wrong.

Antonioj26
05-17-2017, 10:53 PM
So after the Centurion lands the stab the uppercut knockdown into pounce seems unstoppable. This is HUGE dmg and I dont see the counter play to it.

Ive been practicing A LOT with lvl 3 bots. I'm using a zerker and Im at about 50/50 right now. The main issue is once that stab lands you are just locked into place and taking like 90 dmg..

Where is the counter play? I cant move or dodge or do anything once that stab is in. Uppercut into pounce into one pissed off player.

Can someone make a video of exactly how to counter this series of moves once the stab is in please?!!!!!!!!

Since you all are so quick to defend the Cent as not OP.. Show me a video of how to counter once the stab is in. My bet is that once that stab is in you are eating the uppercut and the pounce for HUGE HUGE dmg...

It's closer to 55 damage. His normal heavies are pretty weak and his pounce does a little more than a bar. I'll make a video tonight, I went like 20-3 against a level 3 last night

Porch-Skunk
05-17-2017, 10:58 PM
As a cent. about to hit rep 3, I can say this. People are getting better and better at dodging the slow heavy and even parrying it. Even if it hits you, its a full charge jab that knocks you down, of which btw i have had several people dodge now including myself. As far as huge damage goes, if an orochi hits me with their step back move, they get a top double light which takes my health way down. How is that any different? Nobushi light into kick then second lights into bleed for massive damage? Valkyrie sweep combos that keep ****in me up, the warden vortex....peacekeepers in general...

Their is a huge list out there of stuff that hits hard AF BUT is capable of failure for huge punish. If i miss my ****, the punish in return sux considering i have 4 and a quarter bars of health. What does not seem to have a punish is the long range grabs by the ninja, they should get pulled the whole way, not half way. The damage they deal is enormous.

Lawbringer and the other tanks classes might not deal huge damage in one combo atm, but god damn is their health pool huge. Do you know how long it takes me to kill a LB? For god damn ever. In all, I do well in games and can cheese most people. But when I run into someone that knows whats up, it can be an uphill fight with stuff not landing and getting massive punished by dodges into grabs on me. Remember, we have one more health bar than the shinobi.

Remember , even if the heavy hits u, the jab is still dodgable. 2 chances to dodge the god damn damage.

Chucky_Jones
05-17-2017, 11:12 PM
As a cent. about to hit rep 3, I can say this. People are getting better and better at dodging the slow heavy and even parrying it. Even if it hits you, its a full charge jab that knocks you down, of which btw i have had several people dodge now including myself. As far as huge damage goes, if an orochi hits me with their step back move, they get a top double light which takes my health way down. How is that any different? Nobushi light into kick then second lights into bleed for massive damage? Valkyrie sweep combos that keep ****in me up, the warden vortex....peacekeepers in general...

Their is a huge list out there of stuff that hits hard AF BUT is capable of failure for huge punish. If i miss my ****, the punish in return sux considering i have 4 and a quarter bars of health. What does not seem to have a punish is the long range grabs by the ninja, they should get pulled the whole way, not half way. The damage they deal is enormous.

Lawbringer and the other tanks classes might not deal huge damage in one combo atm, but god damn is their health pool huge. Do you know how long it takes me to kill a LB? For god damn ever. In all, I do well in games and can cheese most people. But when I run into someone that knows whats up, it can be an uphill fight with stuff not landing and getting massive punished by dodges into grabs on me. Remember, we have one more health bar than the shinobi.

Remember , even if the heavy hits u, the jab is still dodgable. 2 chances to dodge the god damn damage.
Actually if the fully charged heavy hits you the full charge jab is confirmed. That is why his wall splat punish it insane cause the wall splat confirms the full charge heavy.

Vingrask
05-17-2017, 11:28 PM
If you can't break the Centurion chain, you are doing it wrong. You can block/dodge/cgb and there is a good window for that. Valjyrie is much more toxic than him.

Duuklah
05-17-2017, 11:29 PM
Ill just leave this here...

Centurion:

Kick - 600ms
Side Lights - 500 / 500 / 600
Top Lights - 500 / 500 / 500
Side Heavies - 600 / 500
Charged - 1000 / 1200
Top Heavies - 600 / 600
Charged - 1000 / 1200
Jab / Charged - 700 / 1000
Zone Attack - 600
Dash Heavy - 900
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxzWHAVH-hc

Duuklah
05-17-2017, 11:31 PM
PK lights are 600 and 550...

Heavies as fast as PK lights.... lights faster than PK lights... Once the stab is in you eat a HUGE punish.. which keeps you imobilized for WAY too long in 4v4. Not only is it big dmg but their team is whaling away on you the whole time you are stun locked.

Wall splat for 120 dmg..

Come the **** on LIARS.. Hes OP and its proven.

pure_energist
05-17-2017, 11:36 PM

The Counter Play is to Avoid the Slow Charged up Stab........... Do you stand in front of a Shugo when he wants to give you a hug..?? It sucks he is able to get a huge damage combo from one hit; HOWEVER, not letting him get that hit should be your priority just like when facing other characters you don't let yourself get caught in their damage tactics. As a Raider I can unleash a 90 dmg combo on an exhausted opponent...guess what?? Most players don't let me KNOWING what will happen if I get that GB.. Cent has a Huge damage combo..its tied to a charged heavy attack....An attack that can be parried, dodged, AVOIDED.

Lyskir
05-17-2017, 11:37 PM
The Counter Play is to Avoid the Slow Charged up Stab........... Do you stand in front of a Shugo when he wants to give you a hug..?? It sucks he is able to get a huge damage combo from one hit; HOWEVER, not letting him get that hit should be your priority just like when facing other characters you don't let yourself get caught in their damage tactics. As a Raider I can unleash a 90 dmg combo on an exhausted opponent...guess what?? Most players don't let me KNOWING what will happen if I get that GB.. Cent has a Huge damage combo..its tied to a charged heavy attack....An attack that can be parried, dodged, AVOIDED.

this

Antonioj26
05-18-2017, 02:21 AM

Heavies as fast as PK lights.... lights faster than PK lights... Once the stab is in you eat a HUGE punish.. which keeps you imobilized for WAY too long in 4v4. Not only is it big dmg but their team is whaling away on you the whole time you are stun locked.

Wall splat for 120 dmg..

Pks lights are 500 and 450. Not Saying his should be as fast as they are but we need to use the correct data

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 02:31 AM
The counter play is simple.

YOU JUST NEED TO PAY MORE ATTENTION

This is equivalent to when players were complaining about the Conquerors Bash combo when the game came out. If the hero you are going up against only has one GREAT trick in their kit guess what?...........THEY ARE LOOKING TO DO THAT TRICK. Its like the people I see go up against a LawBringer and come away SHOCKED that they got shoved and poked to death. Of course you did! Thats what he does!!

Its not a hard concept people. Just learn the signs and tendencies of class and then apply that knowledge to your skillset.

You are not supposed to get thrown into a ring with a BRAND NEW opponent and then win against them constantly. They are NEW! Which means they have new moves, timings and tendencies that you are gonna have to learn in order to do well against them.

People coming here and complaining they aren't INSTANTLY winning against completely new heroes is mind-boggling to me.

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 07:26 PM
Pks lights are 500 and 450. Not Saying his should be as fast as they are but we need to use the correct data

My bad.

You are correct!

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 07:28 PM
The counter play is simple.

YOU JUST NEED TO PAY MORE ATTENTION

This is equivalent to when players were complaining about the Conquerors Bash combo when the game came out. If the hero you are going up against only has one GREAT trick in their kit guess what?...........THEY ARE LOOKING TO DO THAT TRICK. Its like the people I see go up against a LawBringer and come away SHOCKED that they got shoved and poked to death. Of course you did! Thats what he does!!

Its not a hard concept people. Just learn the signs and tendencies of class and then apply that knowledge to your skillset.

You are not supposed to get thrown into a ring with a BRAND NEW opponent and then win against them constantly. They are NEW! Which means they have new moves, timings and tendencies that you are gonna have to learn in order to do well against them.

People coming here and complaining they aren't INSTANTLY winning against completely new heroes is mind-boggling to me.

Im sad to say you are wrong. Its the other way around. A new character should take time to master and defeat those who have MONTHS and hundreds of hours into several toons.

When a toon is as OP as the centurion is then it takes em a few levels to get to the point where they win most fights...

your thinking is backwards.

pure_energist
05-18-2017, 07:40 PM
Im sad to say you are wrong. Its the other way around. A new character should take time to master and defeat those who have MONTHS and hundreds of hours into several toons.

When a toon is as OP as the centurion is then it takes em a few levels to get to the point where they win most fights...

your thinking is backwards.

You have hundreds of hours learning how to fight the season 1 roster of heroes.....So you are proficient at facing your enemy knowing and anticipating the common tactics they use and knowing how and when to counter those tactics. So your argument makes NO SENSE when facing a brand new enemy.. SO WHAT that you have learned a hero's tool kit... it doesn't take long to learn a hero's move set IN FACT it is the quickest and easiest thing to master.. WHAT isn't easy to master is learning how to defend with that took kit,, knowing when to counter strike with that kit,, ALL things that are learned by playing against opponents.. For a new Hero you havn't learned how to defend and counter strike...all you know is your tool kit and your offensive strategy that THEY already Know as well if they arn't new to the game.. ... backwards thinking???!!!!

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 08:26 PM

Wall splat for 120 dmg..

your numbers seem crooked, lol. his kick is slower than warlords headbut but faster than LB's shove (without a prior block) - easy dodge. his lights are the same speed as most assassins - 15 frames from the looks of it (Orochi, PKs first light, Zerker, Warlord have the same speed lights) which makes sense since he's a hybrid of an assassin and vanguard. his charged heavy is risky unless you get your opponent into a wall. then overall damage is pretty much the same as Zerkers top heavy - about 2.5 bars. I view it as Orochis Storm Rush since Orochi also gets a guaranteed follow up attack (double top light tap) if he lands it. He has the lowest health pool after Shinobi, his zone is pretty much unusable, and his feint game kind of sucks.

Wall splatter 120 damage? wut? are you talking about infinite punch + heavy combo? because that's broken and will be fixed asap. all they need to do besides that is tweak revenge a little bit so it would provide some chance to counter play in 4v4 modes.

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 08:47 PM
your numbers seem crooked, lol. his kick is slower than warlords headbut but faster than LB's shove (without a prior block) - easy dodge. his lights are the same speed as most assassins - 15 frames from the looks of it (Orochi, PKs first light, Zerker, Warlord have the same speed lights) which makes sense since he's a hybrid of an assassin and vanguard. his charged heavy is risky unless you get your opponent into a wall. then overall damage is pretty much the same as Zerkers top heavy - about 2.5 bars. I view it as Orochis Storm Rush since Orochi also gets a guaranteed follow up attack (double top light tap) if he lands it. He has the lowest health pool after Shinobi, his zone is pretty much unusable, and his feint game kind of sucks.

Wall splatter 120 damage? wut? are you talking about infinite punch + heavy combo? because that's broken and will be fixed asap. all they need to do besides that is tweak revenge a little bit so it would provide some chance to counter play in 4v4 modes.

1. The wall splat punish for 120 dmg from Centurion.
2. A charged heavy with infinite release possibility to prevent LEARNING parry timing.
3. When Fully charged a Heavy that guarantees...... wait for it...... ANOTHER HEAVY!!!!
4. Kick that leads into the whole combo that stuns you making parrying a VERY difficult attack to parry impossible. The kick comes out VERY fast as well.
5. Heavies that are as fast or faster than most characters lights.

Centurion:

Kick - 600ms
Side Heavies - 600 / 500 - Faster than Lights from most other classes.....
Charged - 1000 / 1200
Top Heavies - 600 / 600
Charged - 1000 / 1200
Zone Attack - 600
Dash Heavy - 900

This literally feels like they released a character from For Honor 2 into the 1st for honor to **** kick everyone and make them cry

I feel incredibly disrespected as a life long gamer.

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 08:49 PM
1. The wall splat punish for 120 dmg from Centurion.
2. A charged heavy with infinite release possibility to prevent LEARNING parry timing.
3. When Fully charged a Heavy that guarantees...... wait for it...... ANOTHER HEAVY!!!!
4. Kick that leads into the whole combo that stuns you making parrying a VERY difficult attack to parry impossible. The kick comes out VERY fast as well.
5. Heavies that are as fast or faster than most characters lights.

Centurion:

Kick - 600ms
Side Heavies - 600 / 500 - Faster than Lights from most other classes.....
Charged - 1000 / 1200
Top Heavies - 600 / 600
Charged - 1000 / 1200
Zone Attack - 600
Dash Heavy - 900

This literally feels like they released a character from For Honor 2 into the 1st for honor to **** kick everyone and make them cry

I feel incredibly disrespected as a life long gamer.

lol, you just keep spamming the same thing over and over again. where did you get that 120 damage from?

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 08:52 PM
Reddit and it happened to me on my raider.. one GB by a wall and i was at like 30% life.

So 120 is an estimate other than what i read on reddit..

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 09:03 PM
lol, you just keep spamming the same thing over and over again. where did you get that 120 damage from?

look up

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 09:06 PM
Reddit and it happened to me on my raider.. one GB by a wall and i was at like 30% life.

So 120 is an estimate other than what i read on reddit..

if he did 120 you'd be at 15% life since raider has 140HP. if he could do a guaranteed 120 damage combo, he would be able to always one shot 100%-0% Zerker, PK, Orochi, other Centurions, Shinobi, Valk and Nobushi. and it's not possible to do a guaranteed combo like that for a centurion unless they do the infinite wall punch cheese. which is broken, I do agree and devs will definitely fix it.

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 09:09 PM
he GB me by the wall. Did dmg. Then more dmg. then i got punched and fell down and then he pounced on me. I wasnt OOS.

So maybe i got 2 cycles of the infinte wall cheese followed by a full jab into a pounce.

BROKEN AS ****!

enjoy beta testing for these ****ig ****s.

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 09:13 PM
if he did 120 you'd be at 15% life since raider has 140HP. if he could do a guaranteed 120 damage combo, he would be able to always one shot 100%-0% Zerker, PK, Orochi, other Centurions, Shinobi, Valk and Nobushi. and it's not possible to do a guaranteed combo like that for a centurion unless they do the infinite wall punch cheese. which is broken, I do agree and devs will definitely fix it.

look up again ffs

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 09:43 PM
look up again ffs

look where, lol? to the same spammy message you posted 20 times already?

ArcheDemonm
05-18-2017, 10:02 PM
Centurion confirmed combo is 75 dmg, not 120. Almost 2-shot of any class.

FootlessRhino
05-18-2017, 11:02 PM
he GB me by the wall. Did dmg. Then more dmg. then i got punched and fell down and then he pounced on me. I wasnt OOS.

he couldn't have done damage twice before he punched you. unless after the wall stumble you got hit by a non-charged heavy followed by a charged heavy which you failed to dodge/parry. after that a usual free charged punch and pounce finisher. so you fu.cked up twice - being GB'd in the first place, and failing to counter his charged heavy after non-charged one. too much damage? maybe. But if they nerf his damage they should increase his HP pool, I'd be ok with that.

Duuklah
05-18-2017, 11:20 PM
i think walled me did a heavy a less than fully charged punch to bash me into the wall a 2nd time then a fully charged heavy for free into full jab into pounce...

it was A LOT more than 75 dmg. Maybe not 120..

Just start watching the streamers playing centurion man. The comments they make while raping everyone is classic.