PDA

View Full Version : Ai buffed ???

XxHunterHxX
05-17-2017, 05:00 PM
Did they do something to the AI ? They feel more OP now.....and 80% of the time they go 2 v 1......i used to play vs AI to relax and have a little fun away from players but then it just feels the same.....i dont know...this update relly just put the whole game in the toilet in my opinion....

Corvy
05-17-2017, 05:07 PM
nope,
When you play against the AI, the bots are almost always "bot level 2" but... sometimes there are bots level 3, and those bots, use a lot of special moves, feints and parrys.
thats whats happens.

Antonioj26
05-17-2017, 05:10 PM
I went like 3 and 15 against the shinobi level 3 yesterday and got tired of beating them so easily, also went like 2 and 20 with my raider against a level 3 cent so no I don't think they got buffed. Still easy as ever

Supercool5150
05-17-2017, 05:23 PM
I play a lot of Dominion vs AI. They haven't been buffed so much as that they play different now. I see more double teams. I see when you use your beacon they will come to it now. (so you may be calling for trouble using that) They camp points more often. Still an easy beat though.

Father_Giliam
05-17-2017, 05:49 PM
nope,
When you play against the AI, the bots are almost always "bot level 2" but... sometimes there are bots level 3, and those bots, use a lot of special moves, feints and parrys.
thats whats happens.

The bots you see are based on the hosts PvP MMR in that gamemode.

SAVAGE_CABBAGE1
05-17-2017, 06:36 PM
I've noticed there are new AI names, maybe updated coding?

DrExtrem
05-17-2017, 07:46 PM
No ... but they changed something not noted in the patch notes.

I can no longer punish with a heavy strike after a parry.

Or the bots simply ignore basic game mechanics (even more).

Antonioj26
05-17-2017, 07:47 PM
No ... but they changed something not noted in the patch notes.

I can no longer punish with a heavy strike after a parry.

Or the bots simply ignore basic game mechanics (even more).

Who do you use? Are you sure you are getting light parries and not just heavy parries?

Gray360UK
05-17-2017, 07:52 PM
They were buffed a while back, many of us noticed it. They are far superior to Vanilla bots. That is not to say they can't be beaten, but they are better in many case than the average player, and if you do too well against them they learn and their skills ramp up accordingly.

DrExtrem
05-17-2017, 08:03 PM
Who do you use? Are you sure you are getting light parries and not just heavy parries?

Warden.

And partying lights on console is nearly impossible and therefore too risky to try it. It's basically free damage. I was fighting a warden. Before the patch, I could punish a parry from a heavy strike with a side heavy (when fighting wardens). Not working anymore.

Btw. The shinobi bot is pure cancer on console. He attacks even faster than a pk and dodges even more. Perfect dodges all the time, followed by perfectly timed, free damage. Its unnerving and not fun anymore. I guess its time to uninstall.

Antonioj26
05-17-2017, 08:48 PM
Warden.

And partying lights on console is nearly impossible and therefore too risky to try it. It's basically free damage. I was fighting a warden. Before the patch, I could punish a parry from a heavy strike with a side heavy (when fighting wardens). Not working anymore.

Btw. The shinobi bot is pure cancer on console. He attacks even faster than a pk and dodges even more. Perfect dodges all the time, followed by perfectly timed, free damage. Its unnerving and not fun anymore. I guess its time to uninstall.

You couldn't get a heavy off a heavy, you can get a gb and a heavy still though that's still there so just do that. I parry lights all the time, great feeling getting a top heavy follow up.

DrExtrem
05-17-2017, 08:51 PM
You couldn't get a heavy off a heavy, you can get a gb and a heavy still though that's still there so just do that. I parry lights all the time, great feeling getting a top heavy follow up.

On console? Sure.

Maybe you should play tournaments.

Btw. the bits are tag teaming you in 90% of the fights. Most frustrating aspect is, that they don't hit each other. If I try to go two one with a friendly bot, this ****-bot staggers me alle the time, feeds the enemy bot with revenge and ultimately dies.

Game was great during betas, was ok at the beginning and has slowly become dog-****.

Antonioj26
05-17-2017, 08:55 PM
On console? Sure.

Maybe you should play tournaments.

I totally would if I knew about them. Sound fun. If you play on PlayStation I can show you

Xtendead
05-17-2017, 09:13 PM
I think they have updated them too. Since yesterday they seem to stick more together and seeking Zones to capture more often then before. And i got a few times the feeling, that they stand in each other sometimes. I took a few times a beating and couldn't see a second Bot and then, all of a sudden, a second stood just in front of me.

DrExtrem
05-17-2017, 09:13 PM
I totally would if I knew about them. Sound fun. If you play on PlayStation I can show you

As you can see, I am playing on xbox.

Most people on xbox can non parry light attacks consistently. If they do, its luck. Hell ... most players can not even reliably counter guard break. Blocking light spam is hard enough. Parrying this **** is a major problem on console. If the topic gad calmed down, it is because the devs told us what they think of console players and console specific balancing.

Remember. Not everybody can afford buying a 150€ controller and a 1500€ + tv screen.

Antonioj26
05-17-2017, 09:21 PM
As you can see, I am playing on xbox.

Most people on xbox can non parry light attacks consistently. If they do, its luck. Hell ... most players can not even reliably counter guard break. Blocking light spam is hard enough. Parrying this **** is a major problem on console. If the topic gad calmed down, it is because the devs told us what they think of console players and console specific balancing.

Remember. Not everybody can afford buying a 150€ controller and a 1500€ + tv screen.

Actually I can't see that you are on xbox or else I wouldn't have offered to show you on PlayStation. I use a regular old dualshock that's barely put together since my cousin likes to spike it into the ground when he comes to my place. Not sure how much my tv costs but I've had it for like 3 years so it's not like it's the most advanced gaming monitor on the market

Father_Giliam
05-17-2017, 09:26 PM
most players can not even reliably counter guard break.

Just going to pick this out. This is only really a thing at average skill levels. At higher tiers, even on console, guardbreaks rarely succeed. With controller rebinding being added to the game, it will become even easier.

As for the rest, yes. On console, light spam from a few characters is extremely hard to deal with. Shinobi, Peacekeeper, and Valkyrie being the main culprits.

Corvy
05-17-2017, 09:28 PM
The bots you see are based on the hosts PvP MMR in that gamemode.

I play with a prestige 25 account against the AI and I have a 100% win ratio, also I usually play with 3 friends with simmilar stats,
If that were entirely true, I would be playing AI level 3 all day.

DrExtrem
05-17-2017, 09:30 PM
I thought you could see the xbox icon next to my forum nick.

Never mind. Your reflexes might be outstanding. Mine are actually quite good but the 30 fps, display delay and other sources make it very hard to hit a one to two frame parry window. Sometimes, when frames overlap, its not even visible. Its bot like I tried to find out the sweet spot. I spent hours in custom matches - without success.

Father_Giliam
05-17-2017, 09:38 PM
I play with a prestige 25 account against the AI and I have a 100% win ratio, also I usually play with 3 friends with simmilar stats,
If that were entirely true, I would be playing AI level 3 all day.

Its entirely true. If you never touch PvP, your MMR never changes. The bots you see are based on the hosts MMR (each gamemode has a seperate rating), which the game attempts to match you to other players of similar MMR. Case and point: I made it to prestige 4 on my Lawbringer, never once saw a level 2 bot. Played 2 rounds of PvP Dominion, did extremely well and won both rounds. Went into a vs AI match, level 2 bots. And now, regardless of what character I play, I almost always see level 2 bots. I can count the number of times on my hands I have seen level 1 bots in Dominion since. And yet, if I go into any other game mode, regardless of character, I rarely see anything above level 1. I have yet to play PvP in any gamemode other than Dominion. Further proof is if I host a match of Dominion, I always get level 2 bots. Every other gamemode I get level 1 bots.

DrExtrem
05-17-2017, 09:48 PM
Just going to pick this out. This is only really a thing at average skill levels. At higher tiers, even on console, guardbreaks rarely succeed. With controller rebinding being added to the game, it will become even easier.

As for the rest, yes. On console, light spam from a few characters is extremely hard to deal with. Shinobi, Peacekeeper, and Valkyrie being the main culprits.

Or those higher level players use elute controllers. Buttons can be remapped on the xbox as well. Ok ... you can not safe profiles but it is possible to remap the standard controller.

On the,average skill thing. Most players do have average skill and yes, I do know, that better players are far better at counter guard breaking. Still - if apr. 2/3 of your players have problem with counter guard breaking, Parrying light attacks is out of reach for then as well.

Blocking light attacks is still the better option on console for the large majority of players.

Antonioj26
05-17-2017, 09:48 PM
I thought you could see the xbox icon next to my forum nick.

Never mind. Your reflexes might be outstanding. Mine are actually quite good but the 30 fps, display delay and other sources make it very hard to hit a one to two frame parry window. Sometimes, when frames overlap, its not even visible. Its bot like I tried to find out the sweet spot. I spent hours in custom matches - without success.

I'm on my phone so maybe that's why it doesn't show. I'll admit it was rough before I switched my tv to game mode. I'm not expert on tvs but like I said my tv isn't exactly made for gaming so I figure most tvs have a feature that can help with display lag

I got like 240ms reAxtion on my PC when testing it out and like 350 on my playstation so not sure exactly where that puts me in terms of the rest of the for honor community

Antonioj26
05-17-2017, 09:55 PM
Or those higher level players use elute controllers. Buttons can be remapped on the xbox as well. Ok ... you can not safe profiles but it is possible to remap the standard controller.

On the,average skill thing. Most players do have average skill and yes, I do know, that better players are far better at counter guard breaking. Still - if apr. 2/3 of your players have problem with counter guard breaking, Parrying light attacks is out of reach for then as well.

Blocking light attacks is still the better option on console for the large majority of players.

Even before I switched my tv to gaming mode cgb wasn't really an issue. It's a pretty forgiving compared to other fighting games grab tech

Father_Giliam
05-17-2017, 09:59 PM

They don't need Elite Controllers to consistently counter guardbreaks. I can counter them if I'm paying attention.

As for remapping, very few people know of the app to do so. Even among those that do, some choose not to use it (myself included) as its a hassle to need to do it everytime they switch games. With it being added into the game itself, many more people will become aware of it and use it, and people similar to me will also use it as it only affects For Honor. As such, there will likely be an increase in successful GB counters.

About the skill thing, I pointed it out because among those that can counter guardbreaks very often, light spam is still an issue on console due to its limitations. The two are not related.

DrExtrem
05-17-2017, 10:34 PM
No problem.

I mentioned guard break / counter guard break, because it is in a good spot right now - in contrast to parrying light attacks and even blocking certain heroes. Despite gb being relatively ok right now, people still can not reliable do it - and not only as players have problems being gb-proof.

I have an elite controller because I am left handed. This piece of hardware is simply an equaliser for me. I tried counter guard breaking with my standard controller but it is far more difficult for me because the x button simply is on the wrong side of the controller. ;)
Still. An elite controller is indeed very helpful

Father_Giliam
05-17-2017, 10:43 PM
Still. An elite controller is indeed very helpful

Very true. Even after rebinding is a thing I would like to get one. It would make feinting a more plausible action for me.

UbiNoty
05-18-2017, 12:03 AM
Did they do something to the AI ? They feel more OP now.....and 80% of the time they go 2 v 1......i used to play vs AI to relax and have a little fun away from players but then it just feels the same.....i dont know...this update relly just put the whole game in the toilet in my opinion....

To my knowledge the AI are exactly the same.