PDA

View Full Version : Heat Seeking Cent???

razabak10mm
05-17-2017, 01:46 PM
I fully expected the new guys to be OP and for the most part I'm ok with it. How else do you get ppl to switch from their mains to try something new?

What's with the Cents un dodgeable jump-stab though? That's going a little over the top even for me. They were using it all night and I don't remember being able to avoid one of them.

You could see it coming a mile away, but they zip like a sidewinder every time and score a hit. Is this intended?

Charmzzz
05-17-2017, 01:48 PM
Hm, maybe a ping or get gud issue on your side. I constantly dodged all Jump-Stab openers. Or do you mean a different move? You cannot dodge when you are laying on the ground pal. ;)

razabak10mm
05-17-2017, 01:56 PM
Hm, maybe a ping or get gud issue on your side. I constantly dodged all Jump-Stab openers. Or do you mean a different move? You cannot dodge when you are laying on the ground pal. ;)
So git gud? Thanks for the advice. Show me video prof of a raider dodging it.

AndersenThree
05-17-2017, 02:02 PM
I was able to dodge it with a lawbringer who is slower, and I don't have that good of internet either. Might just be a timing thing for you.

kweassa1917
05-17-2017, 02:03 PM

...the jump stab is a lesser effective version of the PK and Valk stabs, and even slower than the Warlords.

It's actually so slow, that my muscle memory is futzed up and reacts too fast, and fails to parry from time to time.

C'mon, man, it's not like we've not had worse "homing missiles".

razabak10mm
05-17-2017, 02:18 PM
I don't remember seeing a valk curve to hit you.

What platform are you guys playing?

Charmzzz
05-17-2017, 02:31 PM
I don't remember seeing a valk curve to hit you.

What platform are you guys playing?

If the enemy is "homing in" on you then your timing is wrong. Every move is "homing" if the enemy dodges too early. Git gud is correct, sorry pal, looks like you did not understand the basics of this game yet.

Antonioj26
05-17-2017, 02:35 PM
I fully expected the new guys to be OP and for the most part I'm ok with it. How else do you get ppl to switch from their mains to try something new?

What's with the Cents un dodgeable jump-stab though? That's going a little over the top even for me. They were using it all night and I don't remember being able to avoid one of them.

You could see it coming a mile away, but they zip like a sidewinder every time and score a hit. Is this intended?

Just parry it, thank the gods he just gave you a free gb. Thing is even slower than zerks heavy jump attack

razabak10mm
05-17-2017, 02:43 PM
I'll ask again. What platform do you guys play?

Antonioj26
05-17-2017, 02:44 PM
I'll ask again. What platform do you guys play?

Ps4

Berard_Gutler
05-17-2017, 02:53 PM
Centurion is freaking broken it should be removed out of the game till fixed he just spam kicks + unblockable till u die

razabak10mm
05-17-2017, 02:56 PM
Xbox here.
Maybe I'm just dodging to soon. But the timing didn't seem to matter.

It was like: "Sorry you didnt move far enough, you're getting hit". Even when it was totally telegraphed and I had plenty of time for it.

Antonioj26
05-17-2017, 03:11 PM
Xbox here.
Maybe I'm just dodging to soon. But the timing didn't seem to matter.

It was like: "Sorry you didnt move far enough, you're getting hit". Even when it was totally telegraphed and I had plenty of time for it.

A lot of tracking in this game is doofy that's why it's just safer to parry/block

Hillbill79
05-17-2017, 03:22 PM
Raider bots manage it pretty often.

Hillbill79
05-17-2017, 03:23 PM
So dodge and parry and live. It aint rocket science.

Centurion is freaking broken it should be removed out of the game till fixed he just spam kicks + unblockable till u die

dekot11
05-17-2017, 04:38 PM

It's easy to block or parry but you can't dodge it like you dodge other lunging/jumping attacks. These other guys are lying, they probably haven't even tried to dodge it yet.

You have to dodge it when he leaves the ground, the timing is vastly different from other similar moves. You're probably not dodging too early, you're probably dodging too late. You almost have to preempt it. Basically, they made this move much harder to dodge for no real reason. You can dodge backward at any time during the animation though, although that leaves you unable to punish.

Hillbill79
05-17-2017, 04:41 PM
You just need to know what to look for, this will come with time and experience.. Its similar to Warlords headbutt.,

It's easy to block or parry but you can't dodge it like you dodge other lunging/jumping attacks. These other guys are lying, they probably haven't even tried to dodge it yet. You have to dodge it when he leaves the ground, the timing is vastly different from other similar moves. Basically, they made this move much harder to dodge for no real reason. You can dodge backward at any time during the animation though, although that leaves you unable to punish.

Brologna_Xeno
05-17-2017, 04:44 PM
I just assumed Cent's dashing lunge was a tracker like Orochi's similar attack,

cuz yeah I've been punished trying to Zephyr strike or Swift Strike against it.

dekot11
05-17-2017, 04:47 PM
You just need to know what to look for, this will come with time and experience.. Its similar to Warlords headbutt.,

They made a move that is very similar to other moves but changed the timing for no reason. The window for dodging it comes much earlier than for other similar moves. That doesn't add variety or challenge, that just makes it harder to dodge. You have to react faster to it.

I'm not saying it's a big problem because you can easily block or parry that move but it's these little changes that make it seem like the character is broken for no real reason other than to hype a new character.

razabak10mm
05-17-2017, 08:42 PM
Hmm. So some say it's so slow that I'm dodging to early and some that it's faster and I'm too slow.

Not sure what to think at this point, but if I'm dodging to slow us console players are prolly boned. Another feat that we'll just have to eat cause the game is tuned for PC.

kumanchik
05-17-2017, 08:47 PM

get good kick is so slow

Vordred
05-17-2017, 08:57 PM
i find the cent's jumping heavy tracks like hell.

it gets annoying, if i dodge and he does the attack, it hits me anyway, if i stay there and he kicks, i eat the red of his combo

also if he missing the kick, he should not be able to do the rest of the chain

dekot11
05-17-2017, 09:28 PM
you can also just easily block or parry or dodge backwards. you can dodge back while he's midair and not get hit. if you dodge to the side while he's in the air you will get hit no matter what

dekot11
05-17-2017, 09:32 PM
Hmm. So some say it's so slow that I'm dodging to early and some that it's faster and I'm too slow.

Not sure what to think at this point, but if I'm dodging to slow us console players are prolly boned. Another feat that we'll just have to eat cause the game is tuned for PC.

you're dodging too late. other people are saying that because they're blindly defending the centurion and because dodging too early is a common problem for other moves.

you can test it easily in a custom match

BeefMan_
05-17-2017, 09:40 PM
The jump heavy isn't even the issue, just bock it and it's a free GB.
The real issue is the unblockable charged heavy, which will track you to the ends of the earth.

Antonioj26
05-17-2017, 09:42 PM

But it's really not though, it's slower and more telegraphed than warlords. You just aren't used to it. I can't speak for dodging it but seriously just practice against a bot and it's a free parry

xKrypticz
05-17-2017, 10:55 PM
I agree he jumped way too far and even glitched through the flaming torch on citadel and got me. Another thing is his feat build up. Why on earth would you give him a heath regeneration perk??

pancakerz
05-17-2017, 11:05 PM
...You can dodge backward at any time during the animation though, although that leaves you unable to punish.

I've found this to be incorrect. I play assassins, so it's instinctive for me to GTFO when a heavy swinging attack that I don't recognize comes about (like when I was still learning about Raiders zone attack). All I've found with the centurion is that he lunges halfway across the map, like freaking Thor with a sword instead of a hammer. And then proceeds to knock out 3/4 of my health and take my lunch money.

Arekonator
05-17-2017, 11:17 PM
Let me derail the thread slightly for a sec.
Anyone else have issue where centurion charged stab behaves like "stealth" unblockable? There seem to be a sweet spot during a charge up where it looks like normal attack but its actually a unblockable. Granted most of the time i saw that happen was during quite chaotic fight so its entirely possible that i just failed a perception check.

UbiNoty
05-17-2017, 11:27 PM
It could be a latency issue if it registered his attack before you moved, so even though you thought you swerved the attack, you actually didn't. Do you capture your gameplay? If you have a clip of it you can send it to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) for us to take a look.

xKrypticz
05-17-2017, 11:32 PM
LOL!!! He said to blame it on latency!!! ahahahahahahahahaha!

That_guy44
05-17-2017, 11:54 PM
Centurion's kick is everything but slow. Nobushi's kick is slow and all she gets is a bleed. King Leonidas gets a easy kick and he can chain off of it if he misses. So you can't punish him with a guardbreak or heavy against a smart player. I also want to add I'm on console and i don't play assassin classes. The characters I use have **** dodges. They couldn't get out of there own way.

Tobias96716
05-18-2017, 08:29 AM
It could be a latency issue if it registered his attack before you moved, so even though you thought you swerved the attack, you actually didn't. Do you capture your gameplay? If you have a clip of it you can send it to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) for us to take a look.

It is not latency, as Shinobi i can double dodge to the side and he turns and hits me...and i do have a clip of this happening on the ps4

dekot11
05-18-2017, 08:39 AM
They just made the timing window on it much earlier and shorter than for other similar moves. If you try to dodge it like valk's attack you're gonna get hit. You have to dodge it earlier. Takes like 2 minutes against a bot to see this. Why won't anybody believe me?!? lol

Sadly I think this is intentional to try and give him a mix-up with his kick. The start-up animations are kind of similar. So you can't completely be safe only looking to parry or block the jumping attack.

Hillbill79
05-18-2017, 09:50 AM
You need to dodge it late, not early. That's what the bots do. They dodge as the blow is about to land. You dodge early, it tracks you.

They made a move that is very similar to other moves but changed the timing for no reason. The window for dodging it comes much earlier than for other similar moves. That doesn't add variety or challenge, that just makes it harder to dodge. You have to react faster to it.

I'm not saying it's a big problem because you can easily block or parry that move but it's these little changes that make it seem like the character is broken for no real reason other than to hype a new character.

CoyoteXStarrk
05-18-2017, 09:53 AM
I have yet to experience this?

I mean some attcks do heat seek, but that is a For Honor thing not a Centurian thing.

My Shugoki REGULARLY will turn and grab someone and my Warden will REGULARLY turn and SB someone

Mia.Nora
05-18-2017, 10:31 AM
I watched the oroichi before me side dodge centurions jump, and centurion made a 180 degree turn MIDAIR and hit him.

1v1, I can accept it, 4v4 it is total bull crap.

dekot11
05-18-2017, 05:17 PM
You need to dodge it late, not early. That's what the bots do. They dodge as the blow is about to land. You dodge early, it tracks you.

trust me, go test it. takes 2 minutes

Antonioj26
05-18-2017, 05:32 PM
get good kick is so slow

It's 600ms that's not exactly slow. It's only 100ms slower than a pk light